- v. 连接；接通；联系
- vt. & vi. 连接; 结合 join or fix one thing to another thing
- vt. & vi. 把…联系起来 tie or fasten or link together
connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces;
"Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"
"Tie the ropes together"
make a logical or causal connection;
"I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"
"colligate these facts"
"I cannot relate these events at all"
be or become joined or united or linked;
"The two streets connect to become a highway"
"Our paths joined"
"The travelers linked up again at the airport"
join by means of communication equipment;
"The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
land on or hit solidly;
"The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
join for the purpose of communication;
"Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation;
"The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"
"The planes don't connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
establish a rapport or relationship;
"The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
establish communication with someone;
"did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?"
plug into an outlet;
"Please plug in the toaster!"
"Connect the TV so we can watch the football game tonight"
hit or play a ball successfully;
"The batter connected for a home run"
- The plumber connected up all the pipes and turned on the tap.
- These terminals are connected to our mainframe computer.
- Has the phone been connected yet?
- The police tried to connect him with the murder.
- I was surprised to hear them mentioned together: I've never connected them before.
- Make sure the machine's connected properly.
- The two parts do not connect properly.
- Do the trains connect?
- Northbound and eastbound trains connect at New York.
- The radio will not work unless you connect these two wires together.
- Will this lamp light up if I connect the battery?
- I'm trying to connect these two pieces of wire.
- Connect the two wires here.
- Suppose we connect a voltmeter across a dry cell.
- We connected the two towns by a railway.
- This road connects London and Cambridge.
- The Great Wall has great gateways which connect the main roads of North China.
- The channels connect 400 electric pumping stations.
- The Panama Canal connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- The telephone operator connected us.
- I cannot connect the two things in my mind.
- The two cities are connected by a railway.
- The two banks are connected by a bridge.
- Their families are now connected by marriage.
- The island is connected by telephone.
- She is well connected socially.
- The two families are closely connected.
- As you study a globe, you may notice that most of the large land areas are connected, or almost so.
- He drew a conclusion from the connected facts.
- connect to (v.+prep.)
使与…接通电话 join to sb else by telephone
- connect up (v.+adv.)
接通; 连接在一起 join to a main supply or system; join together
connect sth ⇔ up
The scientists connected the wires up.
You won't get any current until you connect up the cells.
Is your telephone connected up yet?
- connect with (v.+prep.)
转乘,及时赶乘 meet so that the passengers can change from one to another without delay
connect with sth
The room connects with the dining hall by means of a hallway.
This river connects directly with the sea.
Where does the gas-stove connect with the gas-pipe?
煤气炉在什么地方与煤气管道相接?connect sth with sth
You must connect this wire with that one.
The bus and lorry services connect all these farms with the outside.
The two ends of the pipeline are connected with the radiator.
The hotel was connected with the station by a walkway.
North America is connected with South America by the Isthmus of Panama.
巴拿马海峡把北美同南美连接起来。connect with sb/sth
Wait till I send you word. Don't try to connect with me.
This sentence does not seem to connect with the context.
这个句子似乎与上下文脱节。connect sb/sth with sb/sth
There is no evidence to connect John with the murder.
People usually connect China with silk and good food.
The police do not connect the knife with the murder.
I'd never have connected you with the George Parsons I used to know.
This ambitious professor of philosophy connected himself with a group of like-minded intellectuals.
Was I foolish if I connected him with Anne Catherick?
I connect cotton candy with the circus.
A good student must connect what he reads with what he sees around him.
People connect Anshan with iron and steel.
It's natural to connect Australia with kangaroos.
The visit of the police was not connected with the lost child.
He was also connected with the government.
Mathematics is connected with astronomy.
The less severe winters are connected with the presence of a large body of water, which cools slower than land.
Force is not connected with the idea of time.
He is connected with the iron industry.
Our chief salesman has been connected with the shoes trade for twenty years.
我们的营销主任已经做了20年的鞋业贸易。connect sb with sb/sth
Connect me with Mr.Collins, please.
Please connect me with Beijing University.
Can you connect me with London?
The operator will connect you with our sales department.
接线员将把您的电话转接到销售部。connect with sth
The early bus from the factory connects with the 8:30 train.
This train connects there with the 9:00 a.m. (train) from Beijing.
The early bus from the town connects with the 7:00 train.
The trolly bus connects here with a bus for the airfield.
This train connects with the one leaving for London half an hour later.
This train connects with one at Birmingham.
This flight connects with a flight for Paris.
- connect a voltmeter 接上伏特计
- connect London and Cambridge 连接伦敦和剑桥两市
- connect the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans 联通了大西洋和太平洋
- connect the battery 接上电池
- connect the main roads of north China 连接华北的主要道路
- connect the two things 将这两件事情联系在一起
- connect the two towns 连接两个城市
- connect two wires together 把这两根线接上
- connect accurately 精确地相连
- connect closely 紧密相连
- connect directly 直接相通
- connect distantly 疏远地连接
- connect loosely 松散地连接
- connect properly 确已接通
- connect remotely 遥远地连接
- connect socially 社会联系
- connect telegraphically 以电信相连
- connect up 接通,连接在一起
One all-comprehensive plan; wherein..all the parts connect with one another.出自： A. Tucker
For her the word connected still with guilt.出自： F. Tuohy
- connect后接介词to表示“使与…连接”; 后接副词up表示“接通,连接在一起”; 后接介词with表示“与…连接”“使有关系”“用电话同…相联系”“转乘,及时赶乘”等。
- connect, combine, join, unite
- 1.connect指两个不同的、分离着的事物在某一点上相互接触(可依靠媒介物),但各自仍保持原有的特性及独立性; combine指两个或多个东西“搅拌”“渗透”或“混合”,合而为一,但已失去原有的特性; unite意思是“联合”“结合”“合并”,指把两件以上同种类的东西紧密地结合在一起,重新组成一个整体,使其合而为一,也可用于无形事物的结合; join意为“联合”“联结”,指使两个分开的东西联结起来或把一个东西加入到另一个里面去,使它们合在一起,但个体形象仍然存在。例如:
- Africa is connected with Asia at the spot where the Suez Canal was dug.非洲在开凿苏伊士运河的地方与亚洲相连。
- She combined some sugar, flour and butter to make some cookies.她把白糖、面粉和黄油和在一起做小甜饼。
- Let us unite to fight poverty and disease.让我们同心协力与贫穷和疾病作斗争。
- They danced and danced until a lot of us joined in.他们不停地跳着舞,直到我们中间许多人都参加了进去。
- 2.combine还可表示“联合”或“合并”; connect还可表示事物之间的因果、逻辑等关系。例如:
- Let us combine our two firms against our competitors.让我们两家公司联合起来,对付和我们竞争的那些公司。
- The radio will not work unless you connect these two wires together.除非你把这两根线接上,否则收音机就不会响。
- 3.从结合的紧密程度来说, join要比connect密切。例如:
- Make sure the machine is connected properly.务必核实这台机器是否确已接通电源。
- The first stage of the operation was to join up the bones.手术的第一步是把骨头接上。
误 The Suez Canal connects Africa from Asia.
正 The Suez Canal connects Africa with Asia.
误 The two towns are connected with each other by a highway.
正 The two towns are connected by a highway.
析 connect本身含有“接在一起”的意思,用each other意思重复。
- ☆ 17世纪70年代进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的connectere，意为绑在一起。