- n. 假说；假设；前提；猜测
- [C]假说,假设,前提 an idea which is suggested as a possible way of explaining facts, proving an argument, etc.
a proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations
a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena;
"a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"
"he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- The hypothesis promptly attracted some interest.
- The validity of the hypothesis can be tested.
- His hypothesis turned out to be correct.
- The survey result consisted with our hypothesis.
- Let me enumerate many flaws in your hypothesis.
- No serious arguments that dispute this hypothesis have been advanced.
- All this is mere hypothesis.
- We have proved the hypothesis.
- His new hypothesis gives a possible reason for the change of the weather.
- The theory is based on the hypothesis that all men are born equal.
- Gaia hypothesis 盖亚假说
- Whorfian hypothesis 沃尔夫假说
- parametric hypothesis 参数假设
- working hypothesis 工作假说
- continuum hypothesis 连续统假设
- testable hypothesis 可检验的假设...
- economic hypothesis 经济假设
- induction hypothesis 归纳假设
- identity hypothesis 同一性假说
- planetesimal hypothesis 行星尘假说,微星假说...
- alternative hypothesis 择一假说
- composite hypothesis 复合假设
- admissible hypothesis 容许假说
- null hypothesis 虚假设, 零假说, ...
- hypothesis testing 假设检验
The midwife..repeated the hypothesis that if men had to give birth there would not be a child born.出自： E. O
That was what he thought had happened. It would do as a working hypothesis.出自： R. Rendell
Have you any other hypothesis which meets the facts of the case better?出自： G. A. Birmingham