- vt. 任命；授以圣职；命令；注定
- vi. 颁发命令
order by virtue of superior authority; decree;
"The King ordained the persecution and expulsion of the Jews"
"the legislature enacted this law in 1985"
appoint to a clerical posts;
"he was ordained in the Church"
invest with ministerial or priestly authority;
"The minister was ordained only last month"
issue an order
- He was an ordained priest.
- She was ordained the first woman priest of her church.
- The emperor ordained that all foreigners be expelled.
- The judge ordained that he should pay the debts.
- Fate had ordained that he should die in poverty.
- self-ordained 自己制定的
He was..ordained deacon and priest by the Bishop of Oxford.出自： D. Cupitt