- order by virtue of superior authority; decree;
"The King ordained the persecution and expulsion of the Jews"
"the legislature enacted this law in 1985"
- appoint to a clerical posts;
"he was ordained in the Church"
- invest with ministerial or priestly authority;
"The minister was ordained only last month"
- issue an order
- He was an ordained priest.
- She was ordained the first woman priest of her church.
- The emperor ordained that all foreigners be expelled.
- The judge ordained that he should pay the debts.
- Fate had ordained that he should die in poverty.
He was..ordained deacon and priest by the Bishop of Oxford.出自：D. Cupitt
- ordain:ordain vt. 注定, 规定, 任命(牧师)vi. 颁布命令 英英解释:动词ordain:1. order by virtue of superior authority; decree同义词：…