- 指向， 把...指向某人
- 给...指路，为某人 指示方向
- vt. 指示方向,指引 tell or show (sb) how to do sth, how to get somewhere
- vt. & vi. 指导,导演,管理 give orders and in this way manage; be in charge of the way sth is done
- vt. 在…上写姓名和地址 address (a letter, parcel, etc.)
- 直的,笔直的,径直的 straight, not curved or crooked, not turn aside
- 直接的,直系的 with nothing or no one in between, immediate
- 率直的,坦率的,坦白的 straightforward, frank
- [A]恰好的,完全的 exact, complete
- 径直地,笔直地 without interrupting a journey; using a straight route
- 直接地,亲自地 with no one in between; personally
- direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short;
"a direct route"
"a direct flight"
"a direct hit"
- having no intervening persons, agents, conditions;
"in direct sunlight"
"in direct contact with the voters"
"direct exposure to the disease"
"a direct link"
"the direct cause of the accident"
- straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action;
"a direct question"
"a direct response"
"a direct approach"
- in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child;
"a direct descendant of the king"
- moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth
- similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity;
"a term is in direct proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases)"
- (of a current) flowing in one direction only;
- being an immediate result or consequence;
"a direct result of the accident"
- in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker;
"a direct quotation"
"repeated their dialog verbatim"
- lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact;
"the direct opposite"
- without deviation;
"the path leads directly to the lake"
"went direct to the office"
- command with authority;
"He directed the children to do their homework"
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal;
"He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"
"criticism directed at her superior"
"direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- guide the actors in (plays and films)
- be in charge of
- take somebody somewhere;
"We lead him to our chief"
"can you take me to the main entrance?"
"He conducted us to the palace"
- cause to go somewhere;
"The explosion sent the car flying in the air"
"She sent her children to camp"
"He directed all his energies into his dissertation"
- point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards;
"Please don't aim at your little brother!"
"He trained his gun on the burglar"
"Don't train your camera on the women"
"Take a swipe at one's opponent"
- lead, as in the performance of a composition;
"conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction;
"I directed them towards the town hall"
- specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- put an address on (an envelope)
- plan and direct (a complex undertaking);
"he masterminded the robbery"
- I' m in direct contact with the hijackers.
- Keep product away from direct sunlight and store in a dry cool place.
- The guide directed our attention to the other picture.
- He directed the building of the new bridge.
- I asked a little girl to direct me to the bus stop.
- The general directed that the prisoners should be set free.
Who will direct at the concert?
Who's directing at yesterday's concert?
Sign posts direct travellers.
“I'm sorry,I can't direct you.”“This young man can direct you there.”
They directed me wrongly.
There is nobody to direct the workers.
Who is directing the army?
Who directed the film?
There is nobody to direct the operations.
The government has promised to direct its attention to the needs of children with special learning difficulties.
Isn't it time we directed our attention to packing the books?
Thinking directs one's actions.
Who is directing the work?
Shall I direct the letter to his business address or to his home address?
The general directed that the prisoners should be set free.
The government directed that the school be built in that area.
He accordingly directed that preparations be made to put to the blockade into effect on Monday.
The manager directed that the office secretary should answer for it.
I directed him to do the work.
The coach directed them to run faster.
The officer directed his men to advance slowly.
He directed us to remain silent.
The manager directed us to make all-round arrangements.
The general directed the army to attack.
We have been directed to return to school before Friday.
I was directed to cut the budget.
Which is the most direct way to London?
This is the most direct road.
This is a direct election.
He gave me a direct answer.
She has a direct way of speaking.
The organization was investigated at the direct request of the President.
Your reply today is in direct contradiction to what you said last week.
He is very direct, so you always know what his real views are.
He came direct from Changchun.
The road leads direct there.
Let's go direct to the station to see him off.
She drove direct to the school.
The train goes there direct.
This plane flies direct to Paris.
These vegetables came direct from a nearby farm.
The teacher suggested that I write him direct.
I prefer to deal with him direct.
He came and reported it direct to me.
The writer must take his material direct from real life.
The mayor goes direct to the people to listen to their complaints.
- direct against (v.+prep.)
把…对准 make sth aim at sth direct sth against sth
They directed all the guns against the fort.他们把所有的炮都对准那个要塞。
They directed the attacks against the enemy's seaports.他们攻击的目标是敌人的海港。
- 把…对准 make sth aim at sth direct sth against sth
- direct at (v.+prep.)
宗旨在于 have firm direction direct sth at sb/v-ing 用于 be ～ed 结构
The system is directed at providing help for old people.这项制度旨在为老人提供帮助。
- 宗旨在于 have firm direction direct sth at sb/v-ing 用于 be ～ed 结构
- direct to (v.+prep.)
用于 aim sth towards a purpose direct sth to sth/v-ing
The government will direct the additional taxes to industries in greatest need.政府将把额外的税收用于最急需的产业。用于 be ～ed 结构
The system is directed to providing help for old people.这种制度的目的是为老人们提供方便。
指示去 aim (attention, remarks, motion) in the stated direction direct sb to sth
The stranger asked me to direct him to the station.这位陌生的客人要我指示他去火车站的方向。
Can you direct me to the post office?你能指示我去邮局的方向吗?
把(信等)寄到… address (sth such as letter) to (sb or a place) direct sth to sb/sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
The letter is directed to him.这封信是写给他的。
The parcel was directed to the wrong address.这邮包被寄错了。
将…讲给(某人)听 speak to direct sth to sb
Please direct all complaints to Head Office.请把意见讲给总公司听。
Let me direct these remarks to the younger students.这些话还是让我来对低年级的学生说吧。用于 be ～ed 结构
My next remarks are directed to the boys and girls of this school.我下面的话是讲给本校的男女学生们听的。
- 用于 aim sth towards a purpose direct sth to sth/v-ing
- direct towards (v.+prep.)
花时间或力气去做 cost time, strength to do (sth) direct sth towards sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
Our energies must be directed towards higher productivity.我们必须努力谋求增产。
- 花时间或力气去做 cost time, strength to do (sth) direct sth towards sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- direct downward 朝下看
- direct heavenward 朝上看
- direct well 指引得很好
- direct brilliantly 英明地指导
- direct calmly 冷静地指导
- direct dangerously 危险地指导
- direct generally 普通地指引
- direct hurriedly 急切地指导
- direct independently 独立地指导
- direct intelligently 英明地指导
- direct properly 指导得当
- direct uniformly 统一地指导
- direct victoriously 成功地指导
- direct wisely 指导英明
- direct wrongly 指错了方向
- direct against 把…对准,针对…
- direct attacks against 把进攻的目标对准…
- direct against fort 对准堡垒
- direct a gun against 把枪对准…
- direct at 把…对准,对…讲〔写〕
- direct remarks at 把话针对…说
- direct by 出于
- direct to 给…指路,对…讲〔写〕
- direct a letter to 把信寄至…
- direct to sb's address 指向某人的地址
- direct to the post office 指去邮局的路
- direct toward 向…指导,指向…
- direct efforts towards 努力是为了…
- direct steps towards 朝…走去
- direct action 直接行动
- direct answer 直截了当的回答
- direct contact 直接的联系
- direct election 直接选举
- direct road 最近的路
- direct way 最近的路,直截了当的方式
Instead of continuing the direct assault, he swung his army in a wide circle.出自：M. Mitchell
Lady Ellesmere's letter missed me altogether, although directed as I desired.出自：Ld Houghton
You had better write direct to the headmaster.
I directed that you (should) be paid in full.
- direct接介词to可表示“指向…”或“用于…”; 接介词at可表示“目的在于”; 接towards则可表示“花时间或力气去做…”。
- direct, charge, command, enjoin, instruct
这组词都有“发出命令”的意思。其区别是：command表示“命令,指挥”,强调强制性; enjoin表示“命令,迫使”,强调权威性,含有督促或警告的意味; direct表示“命令,指示”,强调指示和对指示的遵从; instruct表示“命令,指令”,常可和direct相互换用,但instruct更为正式,多用于商业、官方、外交关系中; charge表示“命令,指示”,为文学用语,侧重布置任务或委以重托。
- direct, conduct, guide, lead
这组动词的共同意思是“引导”“指引”。它们之间的区别是:1.conduct有时表示既做向导又当助手; guide表示带路者熟悉沿途情况,并在领路时加以指点; lead强调走在前面领路,也可指带领他人共同去达到某个目标; direct表示为某人指方向,指出某种途径,但自己并不亲自引路,也表示“指导”别人的事务或活动。例如:
- He guided them round the Art Show.
- I'll lead, you must follow me.
- He conducted a party of tourists to Europe.
- Tom directed him to the bus stop.
- direct, directly
这两个词都可表示“直接地”。其区别是：1.direct常指空间、距离,表示“直接地”; directly可指时间,表示“立刻”“马上”。例如:She drove direct to school.她直接开车到学校。I'll be there directly.我马上到那儿。2.direct多用于直义,修饰动词,而directly则多用于比喻义,修饰形容词。例如:
3.如果乘坐交通工具,飞机、火车、汽车等从一地直达某地,不换乘其他交通工具,则不可用directly,而要用direct来表示。例如:You can't go to Manchester direct, you have to change trains at Birmingham.你不能直达曼彻斯特,你一定要在伯明翰换车。4.directly还可用作连词,相当于as soon as; direct无此用法。例如:Directly that he came in,I knew something had happened.当他进来时,我知道有事发生了。5.在美式英语中direct用作副词时和directly用法上没有严格的区分。
- You had better write direct to the secretary.
- I think Mike is directly responsible for the damage.
- control direct govern manage rule supervise administer
- direct conduct guide lead pilot
错句：i will buy the car directly from the factory.
纠正：i will buy the car firect from the factory.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的diretus，意为引导。
- v.(动词) advise aim case charge guide lead manage
- adj.(形容词) straight straightforward earnest frank plain sincere
- DIRECT:Dispatch Irregularities, Rewrite, Expand, Collect, Terminate (five-step normal form algorithm for tensor products)调度不规则、改写、拓展、收集、终止(五步范式算法),张产品
- DIRECT:Driver Information Experimenting with Communication Technology司机用通信技术的信息
- DIRECT:Defense Injection Reception EAM Command & Control Terminal国防注射接待EAM指挥及控制终端
- direct:释义 direct 正向转动 从北极来看，逆时针的自转或公转运动，（大多数卫星都是这样）；同逆向转动相反。 北极指同地球北极在黄道同侧的点。（英语中，单词"prograde"有时也表示“正向转动”这个…