- 处， 处理
- [U]次序,顺序 the special way in which a group of people, object, etc.; sequence
- [C]订购,订货 a request to supply goods
- [U]治安,秩序 the condition in which laws and rules are obeyed
- [C]命令,嘱咐 a command of direction, given by a person who has the right to command
- [U]整齐,有条理 the state in which things are carefully arranged in their proper place; neatness
- [C]汇票,汇单 a written or printed paper which allows the holder to do sth
- vt. 命令; 嘱咐 tell sb what to do, that sth must be done
- vt. 订购 ask for sth to be brought, made, etc.
- vt. 整理,布置 put sth in order; arrange
- vt. 叫(饭菜,饮料等) request sb to bring (food,drink,etc.) in a hotel,restaurant
- (often plural) a command given by a superior (e.g., a military or law enforcement officer) that must be obeyed;
"the British ships dropped anchor and waited for orders from London"
- a degree in a continuum of size or quantity;
"it was on the order of a mile"
"an explosion of a low order of magnitude"
- established customary state (especially of society);
"order ruled in the streets"
"law and order"
- logical or comprehensible arrangement of separate elements;
"we shall consider these questions in the inverse order of their presentation"
- a condition of regular or proper arrangement;
"he put his desk in order"
"the machine is now in working order"
- a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge);
"a friend in New Mexico said that the order caused no trouble out there"
- a commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities;
"IBM received an order for a hundred computers"
- a formal association of people with similar interests;
"he joined a golf club"
"they formed a small lunch society"
"men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- a body of rules followed by an assembly
- (usually plural) the status or rank or office of a Christian clergyman in an ecclesiastical hierarchy;
"theologians still disagree over whether `bishop' should or should not be a separate Order"
- a group of person living under a religious rule;
"the order of Saint Benedict"
- (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more families
- a request for something to be made, supplied, or served;
"I gave the waiter my order"
"the company's products were in such demand that they got more orders than their call center could handle"
- (architecture) one of original three styles of Greek architecture distinguished by the type of column and entablature used or a style developed from the original three by the Romans
- the act of putting things in a sequential arrangement;
"there were mistakes in the ordering of items on the list"
- give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority;
"I said to him to go home"
"She ordered him to do the shopping"
"The mother told the child to get dressed"
- make a request for something;
"Order me some flowers"
"order a work stoppage"
- issue commands or orders for
- bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations;
"We cannot regulate the way people dress"
"This town likes to regulate"
- bring order to or into;
"Order these files"
- place in a certain order;
"order the photos chronologically"
- appoint to a clerical posts;
"he was ordained in the Church"
- arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events;
"arrange my schedule"
"set up one's life"
"I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- assign a rank or rating to;
"how would you rank these students?"
"The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- Today we'll reverse the usual order of the lesson.
- The house had been kept in good order.
- An extraordinarily large order bucked up all the staff.
- The order urged the armed forces to enhance their alertness.
- Some teachers find it difficult to keep order in their classes.
- The social order of ants is very interesting.
- The rose and the bean families belong to the same order.
- He gave his order to the waiter.
- The commander ordered a counterattack.
- He ordered three new suits for himeself.
- I must have time to order my thoughts.
- I've ordered egg and chips for you.
Some teachers find it difficult to keep order in class.
The merchant received a large order of coal.
Do you wish to place an order at this time?
He cancelled his order for the goods.
We are glad to advise you that your orders have been received.
He gave orders for the work to be started at once.
He refused to take orders from such a foolish fellow.
These orders must be carried out at once.
The well-disciplined soldiers carried out their orders without question.
The Queen has decreed her order.
Government has decreed a new order.
They offered him the banker's order ￡5000 but he didn't accept it.
He was given the Order of the Garter.
We'll show you whose order it is.
There is no peace and order in this town.
The captain's order is that the men should blaze away.
She entered orders as a girl.
The order to kill the person must be acted on by soldiers.
He entered an order to be a monk.
In defiance of doctors' orders that he shouldn't travel for a year, he arrived in Lagos last week.
They ordered general strike after the failure of the talks.
The doctor ordered a strict diet.
Then he ordered the landing of marines there.
Now you are old enough to order your own affairs.
He always orders his life according to strict rules.
They ordered quantities of farm implements.
It may be one of the secretary's duties to order office supplies.
You can order tickets by telephone.
What would you like to order?
It's time we ordered dinner.
An investigation has been ordered.
The ambassador has been ordered home.
The work was all properly ordered, just as he wanted it.
The goods were all specially ordered.
We ordered that the enemy soldiers should lay down arms.
The judge ordered that he should be punished.
He ordered himself a set of Encyclopedia .
He ordered himself a cup of cocoa.
The doctor has ordered absolute quiet for me.
I've ordered an air ticket for you.
What shall I order for you?
The police ordered them to wait right there.
He ordered the gas masks to be put on.
The captain ordered the ship's masts to be cut down.
The company commander was ordered to withdraw before dawn.
The guerrillas were ordered to destroy the enemy's fort.
The doctor has ordered me quiet.
He ordered me away.
He ordered the piece taken off the lathe.
A district court ordered the hospital closed.
- order about
Now there was no one to order him about. 现在没有人随便支使他了。
He didn't want to be ordered about. 他不愿意受人支使。
- call to order
正式宣布开会 open (a meeting) formally call sth to order
The chairman called the meeting to order.主席宣布开始开会。
请某人遵守会场秩序 ask sb to stop disobeying the rules of a formal meeting call sb to order
Despite attempts to call them to order, the audience continued to make a lot of noise.尽管已试图要听众们遵守秩序,可他们还是吵吵闹闹。
- 正式宣布开会 open (a meeting) formally call sth to order
- in order
合乎程序的 in sequence; properly arranged or according to accepted rules
Please arrange these books in alphabetical order. 请把这些书按字母顺序整理一下。
These books aren't arranged in order—there are books on history mixed up with books on science. 这些书籍没有按顺序排列,历史书籍与科学书籍混在一起。
The names are arranged in order. 姓名按顺序排列。
Line up and walk to the door in order. 排队按秩序地走到门口。
Just give me five minutes to put my desk in order. 给我五分钟整理一下书桌。
He put his business affairs in order before he died. 他在去世前把自己的商务都安排好了。
I like to put things in order. 我喜欢把东西整理得整整齐齐。
He left his accounts in order before he left the country. 他在离开该国前把他的账目整理好了。
His business affairs are in order. 他的业务情况良好。
At the end of a program, applause for the performers is in order. 节目结束时,鼓掌是适当的。
It'll be quite in order for you to make this suggestion at our next meeting. 你在我们下次会议上提出这项建议是很合适的。
Everything is in order for departure. 出发准备一切就绪。
- 合乎程序的 in sequence; properly arranged or according to accepted rules
- in order of
按…顺序 the special way in which a group of people, object, etc.; in sequence of
The tests in this book are arranged in order of difficulty. 这本书的试题是按难易程度顺序排列的。
I shall take you in order of your ages—starting with Tom, who is only twelve, and finishing with Harry, who is seventeen. 我将按你们的年龄大小排列,从汤姆开始,他才12岁,最后是哈里,他17岁了。
Immediately after the opening of the session, the congress took up the discussion in order of the day. 代表大会一开始就讨论议事日程。
- 按…顺序 the special way in which a group of people, object, etc.; in sequence of
- in order that
为了 so as to
In order that every student might understand it,the teacher explained that passage again and again. 为了使每个学生都明白,老师反复讲解那一段。
- 为了 so as to
- in order to-v
为了 so as to in order to-v
In order to avoid the heavy traffic on the roads, some people prefer to travel by night and rest during the day.为了避免路上交通拥挤,有些人宁可夜间驱车远行,白天休息。
We must break away from convention and adopt as many advanced techniques as possible in order to build our country into a powerful modern state in not too long a historical period.我们必须打破常规,尽量采用先进技术,在一个不太长的历史时期内,把我国建设成为一个社会主义的现代化强国。
A leader must assert himself sometimes in order to be followed.一个领导有时应该表现出自己的领导权威,好让别人照他说的去做。
They allowed me out in order to make a telephone call.他们准许我出去打一个电话。
We have fought scores of battles in order to win victory.为赢得胜利,我们进行了数十次战斗。
Opportunism consists of sacrificing fundamental interests in order to gain temporary, partial benefits.机会主义就是牺牲根本的利益,贪图暂时的、局部的利益。
We combined our forces in order to defeat our enemies.为了防御敌军,我们将我们的部队合在一处。
He cited examples in order to certify his statement.他引用实例证实他的供述。
Let's break down the project into smaller parts in order to deal with them one by one.我们把这个计划分成几小项逐一进行。in order for sb to-v
They left the door open in order for me to hear the baby.他们开着门以便让我听到婴儿的动静。
- 为了 so as to in order to-v
- in short order
立刻,马上 immediately; at once
We can set things right if we act in short order. 如果我们马上采取措施,我们可以纠正错误。
He sent in his application in short order. 他立即提出了申请。
She was in complete disagreement, and signified this fact in short order. 她完全不同意,并且立即表明了这一事实。
They set out in short order for Rome. 他们立即动身去罗马。
- 立刻,马上 immediately; at once
- in〔of,on〕 the order of
大约,与…相似 about, about as much or many as
The unusual shape of the pot dates it in the order of A.D. 600. 这个壶的特殊形状使人们可以确定它的年代大约为公元600年。
Bryce's Department Store enlarged its furniture department in the order of a year ago. 布赖斯百货公司大约在1年前扩充了其家具部。
On the order of 100 public officials were alleged to be members of an illegal society. 据称大约有100名公务员是非法社团的成员。
- 大约,与…相似 about, about as much or many as
- on order
订购 requested but not yet received
The store has sold all its copies of the book, but it has some more on order. 那个书店的书已全部卖完了,但又订购了些。
We write to advise you about the dispatch of the goods on order of yesterday's date. 我们写信通知你,你昨天订购的货物已发送。
- 订购 requested but not yet received
- out of order
坏了; 违反规程 not working properly; not in accordance with the rules of a parliament, court, or similar body
The elevator was out of order and we had to walk up to the tenth floor. 电梯坏了,我们不得不徒步登上第十层楼。
His remarks were certainly out of order. 他的话很不得体。
The chairman told him that he was out of order. 主席告诉他说,他违反了会议规程。
- 坏了; 违反规程 not working properly; not in accordance with the rules of a parliament, court, or similar body
- order about〔around〕 (v.+adv.)
不断差遣,把…差来差去 keep on giving orders to sb; annoy sb by giving many orders, especially unpleasantly order sb ⇔ about〔around〕
We don't like the way he orders people about .我们不喜欢他那种支使人的作风。
Tom has got no right to order me about here.汤姆没有权利指使我在此地干这干那。
He orders his assistants around in a way that is very offensive.他以蛮横无理的方式对他的助手们发号施令。用于be ～ed结构
He doesn't like being ordered about〔 around 〕 by anyone.他不喜欢受任何人的驱使。
I never was so ordered about in all my life, never!我一生中从来没有这样被差来遣去,从来没有!
The junior clerk refused to be ordered about by the secretary.这个职务较低的办事员不愿秘书对他发号施令。
The workers are too confused to be ordered around by the employers.工人们不愿被雇主们差来遣去地随便使唤。
- 不断差遣,把…差来差去 keep on giving orders to sb; annoy sb by giving many orders, especially unpleasantly order sb ⇔ about〔around〕
- order from (v.+prep.)
从…订货 request a supply of sth such as goods from sb or somewhere order sth from sb/sth
Our institute has ordered a great many instruments from the company.我们学院向该公司订购了不少仪器。用于be ～ed结构
There will be a delay on your request as the parts have to be ordered from overseas.这些部件必须从海外订购,因此你需要的货要推迟交付。
Further supplies of paper must be ordered from Head Office.应该要求总部再供应一些纸张。
- 从…订货 request a supply of sth such as goods from sb or somewhere order sth from sb/sth
- order in (v.+adv.)
命令(某人)进入 order sb to enter order sb in
The teacher ordered the children in.老师命令孩子们进来。
订购(货物) obtain (supplies) by ordering, usually in quantity order sth ⇔ in
Have you ordered in enough envelopes this month?这月你订足信封了吗?
- 命令(某人)进入 order sb to enter order sb in
- order off (v.+adv.)
勒令…退出比赛 order to leave the field of play order sb ⇔ off 用于be ～ed结构
Jones was ordered off in the second half after repeated fouls.由于屡次犯规,琼斯在下半场中被责令退出比赛。
One of our skillful players was ordered off for breaking the rules.我们一位技术好的队员因犯规被罚下场。
- 勒令…退出比赛 order to leave the field of play order sb ⇔ off 用于be ～ed结构
- order out (v.+adv.)
命令离去 order to leave
She ordered that impolite fellow out. 她责令那个无礼的家伙出去。
They wanted us to go and so they ordered us out immediately. 他们想叫我们去,所以立即叫我们出去。
◇ 用于be ～ed结构
The children were ordered out of the kitchen while their mother was cooking. 在母亲做饭时吩咐孩子们离开厨房。
The disobedient boy was ordered out of the room. 那个不听话的孩子被赶出了房间。
下令(军警)出动 order troops or police to take action
The government ordered the police out to restore order and peace in the streets. 政府派出警方恢复治安。
◇ 用于be ～ed结构
Additional police have been ordered out to control the expected crowds. 已增派了一些警察到那些会出现人群的地方去维持秩序。
Security forces were ordered out to control the situation. 治安部队奉命出动控制局势。
- 命令离去 order to leave
- order to (v.+prep.)
命令,要求 command; request order sb to sth
The doctor ordered the patient to bed.医生吩咐病人卧床休息。
Mrs. Black ordered the taxi to the door.布莱克太太吩咐出租车开到门口。用于be ～ed结构
He was ordered to the front.他被派往前线。
The crew was ordered to the lifeboat.下令要船员上救生艇。
- 命令,要求 command; request order sb to sth
- order up (v.+adv.)
下令把…调往前线 order to move to the front line order sb ⇔ up
The general ordered up more men as reinforcements.将军命令增加增援部队。用于be ～ed结构
Two divisions were ordered up to strengthen a weak point in the line.两个师被调到前线去加强一个薄弱环节。
- 下令把…调往前线 order to move to the front line order sb ⇔ up
- accept an order 接受订单
- close an order 接受订单
- decline an order 拒接订单
- draw an order 写订货单
- fill an order 供应订货,填订货单,交付订货
- get an order 得到订货(单)
- give an order 订购,下订单
- hold up an order 暂停执行订单(暂不履行交货)
- make out an order 写订货单
- place an order 订购
- put in an order 订购
- receive order 收到订单
- refuse an order 拒接订单
- take an order 接受订货
- turn down an order 拒接订单
- write out an order 写订货单
- await order 待命
- carry out order 执行命令
- disobey order 不服从命令
- give an order 发布命令,下命令
- obey order 服从命令
- shout one's order 大声发布命令
- sign an order 签署命令
- take order 接受命令
- break up order 破坏秩序
- bring about order 使得有秩序
- destroy order 破坏秩序
- establish order 建立秩序
- keep order 维持秩序,保持整齐
- maintain order 维护秩序
- additional order 追加订货
- large order 大批订货
- rush order 加急订货
- special order 特殊订货
- standing order 长期订单
- strong order 大批订货
- tall order 大批订货
- certain order 一定的(字母,年代)顺序
- bad order 很不整齐,状况不正常
- good order 整齐,状况正常
- historical order 历史顺序
- new order 新秩序
- old order 旧秩序
- proper order 正确的顺序
- public order 社会秩序
- regular order 顺次,按次序
- right order 次序正确
- social order 社会秩序
- usual order 通常的顺序
- secret order 秘密命令
- advance order 进军命令
- government order 政府命令
- buying order 订购单
- cable order 电报订货
- mail order 邮购(订单)
- shipping order 装货单,装货通知单
- side order (餐厅内)在主菜之外另外加点的菜
- an order to start for India 赴印度的命令
- by order of 奉…之命,根据…指示,按照…规定
- on order 遵照命令
- under orders 奉命
- in order of 按…的顺序
- in order to 为了,以便
- in short order 立刻,马上
- out of order 紊乱,出毛病
- order for coal 煤炭的订单
- order from sb 某人的订单
- order in one's class 教室秩序
- order in the city 城市秩序
- order of age 按年龄次序
- order of arrival 按抵达的顺序
- order of doctor 遵医嘱
- order of importance 按重要性的顺序
- order a copy 订购一本
- order a meeting 安排开会
- order a picnic 安排郊游
- order a reception for the visitor 安排接见客人
- order a settlement 安排好一种方案
- order a taxi 订出租汽车
- order an advance 下令前进
- order an examination 安排检查
- order breakfast 订早餐
- order cards 把卡片排列好
- order everything 安排好一切
- order holidays 安排度假
- order lunch 要午饭
- order one's business affairs 安排好业务
- order precautionary measures 命令采取预防措施
- order silence 下令保持安静
- order some fish 要些鱼
- order strike 下令罢工
- order the confiscation and destruction 命令没收和销毁
- order beforehand 事先准备
- order admirably 极好地整理〔布置〕
- order alphabetically 按字母顺序地安排
- order amicably 友好地安排
- order artistically 富有艺术创造力地安排
- order becomingly 适当地整理〔布置〕
- order carefully 小心地整理〔布置〕
- order cleverly 巧妙地整理〔布置〕
- order clumsily 拙劣地整理〔布置〕
- order complexly 复杂地整理〔布置〕
- order confidentially 机密地整理〔布置〕
- order crudely 粗俗地整理〔布置〕
- order delicately 灵敏地整理〔布置〕
- order efficiently 有效地整理〔布置〕
- order elaborately 详尽地整理〔布置〕
- order exquisitely 精美地整理〔布置〕
- order felicitously 恰当地整理〔布置〕
- order finally 最后地整理〔布置〕
- order geographically 依据地形整理〔布置〕
- order harmoniously 和谐地整理〔布置〕
- order hideously 令人惊骇地整理〔布置〕
- order ideally 完美地整理〔布置〕
- order immediately 立即整理〔布置〕
- order mechanically 习惯性地整理〔布置〕
- order methodically 有条理地整理〔布置〕
- order neatly 巧妙地整理〔布置〕
- order obviously 显而易见地整理〔布置〕
- order ostensibly 表面上地整理〔布置〕
- order painfully 痛苦地整理〔布置〕
- order previously 事先整理〔布置〕
- order satisfactorily 满意地整理〔布置〕
- order sensibly 合理地整理〔布置〕
- order specially 专门整理〔布置〕
- order systematically 有规律地整理〔布置〕
- order tastefully 布置得很高雅
- order temptingly 诱人地整理〔布置〕
- order very tidily 布置得非常整洁
- order about 对(某人)发号施令
- order around 对(某人)发号施令
- order away 命令…走开
- order sb in 命令某人进入
- order off 勒令…离开
- order out 下令出动,命令离去
- order out the riot police 出动防暴警察
- order up 下令把…调往前线
In the third order Principates..Next them Arch-Angels.出自：T. Heywood
Ordering her hair, some coils of which had been loosened.出自：W. D. Howells
- order作名词时，在有些词组中前面不加冠词a/an/the，如in alphabetical order，in order of arrival，by order（奉命）等；
They received orders to start at once.
The soldiers have orders not to let anybody come past.
He is under orders to leave for Moscow next Monday.
He ordered his son to buy a newspaper for him.
He orders that the work (should) be started at once.
He ordered them to start the work at once.
We have sent an order for a hundred copies of the book.
Your order for a hundred copies of the book has been executed/filled already.
My mother has ordered me a new suit.
- 作名词时，order后还可跟for和款项表示订单金额。例：money/postal/post-office order for ￥200；
- in order to比单用to更加正式且语气重，口语中很少用in order to。正式程度从大到小：in order to，so as to，to。表目的还可以跟从句in order that；
Everything is in order.
The typewriter is in order.
A fresh discussion of the question is now in order.
- peace and order的意思是“和平和秩序”,指的是“治安情况”。在与no连用时表示“治安情况极差”。
- in order可作“有条有理”“整齐”“情况正常”解,在句中作表语或补语。out of order的意思是“(机器)坏了”“(身体)有病了”“不妥当”“违反会议规程”等。
- in order to的意思是“以…为目的”,在句中作状语,后接动词原形; 而in order that的意思是“以便”“以至于”,在句中引导状语从句。
- order, class, rank
这组词都可表示“集团”或“派别”的划分,“身份地位”或“等级”的“差别”。其区别在于:1.rank一般指一个可以确定的“等级”,尤指“头衔”等; order指在社会中的某个阶层或某个结合紧密的社会性或职业性团体,尤指基督教某个等级的教士或团体; class主要指社会中持有同一个目的的一个社会阶层。例如:Even middle-class consumers in the U.S. are beginning to kick at the runaway prices.连美国中产阶级的消费者也开始对飞涨的物价表示不满。He gained the rank of Colonel.他获得了上校军衔。He is a member of the Order of the Garter.他是获得嘉德勋位的爵士社团中的一员。2.class还可指按经济地位、职能或按人们所具有的某些共同特征所做的划分。例如:This ticket doesn't entitle you to travel first class.凭这张车票,你不能坐头等车旅行。
- in order to, so as to
两者都可表示“为了”。但in order to可置于句首,而so as to不可置于句首。试比较：
- In order to see me, she delayed a few hours.
- He learns so as to become wise.
- in order that, so that
这两个短语都可引导目的状语,且都是正式语体,但in order that比so that更正式。另外, in order that不与can, could连用,而so that则可以。还有, so that可引导结果状语从句,而 in order that则不可以。
- order sth from, order sth of
- I ordered it from〔of〕 a trader in Nanjing.
- They ordered a large quantity of fertilizer from that company.
- order, ask, beg, demand, request, require
这组词的共同含义是“请求”。其区别是：1.从语气上看, beg最弱,有“恳求”的意味,如ask后仍达不到愿望,就要进一步beg了。例如：He begged me to excuse him.他乞求我原谅他。request表示较客气,是有礼貌、谦虚地“请求”。例如：Visitors are requested not to touch the exhibits.请观众不要抚摸展品。ask的“请求”有时委婉,有时强烈。例如：The boy asked timidly if he might see the book.那男孩怯生生地问能否看一下这本书。He asked curtly for a cup of water.他粗声粗气地要一杯水喝。require语气较request强烈,但较demand缓和。例如：This plan requires secrecy.这计划要求保密。demand已是不折不扣的要求。例如：The guard demanded his business.警卫查问他来干什么。而order则比demand更强烈,丝毫不让步。例如：If you make any more noise,I shall order you out of the classroom.你如果再叫,我就命令你从教室里出去。2.从目的上看,这组词都表示要求对方满足自己的某种愿望, ask希望对方能给予肯定的答复,而request则对能否得到肯定的答复把握不大。例如：The meeting will take place at 8 o'clock. Your presence is requested.会议将于8时召开,敬请光临。3.从根据上说, demand一般指客观上必要,缺此不可,多来自权威方面。例如：The work demands care and patience.这工作需要细心和耐心。require则指基于事物内在原因提出的要求。例如：His health requires that he go to bed earlier.他的健康状况要求他早睡。4.从感情色彩上看, beg含有浓厚的感情色彩,表示“一再要求”。例如：The boy begged his mother not to punish him.那孩子要求他妈妈不要惩罚他。demand含有“愤怒”“焦急”等义。例如：The father demanded knowledge of what had occurred during his absence from home.父亲要求说明他不在家时究竟发生了什么事。require则强调铁面无私。例如：This requires great attention in our work.这一点我们在工作中要特别注意。5.从使用场合看, ask使用范围最广; order则多限于军队中或医生对病人。例如：The officer ordered that the men should fire the guns.长官命令士兵开火。
- order, bid, command, tell
这组词都有命令的意思。其区别是：1.order和bid是及物动词,而command和tell既可作及物动词，又可作不及物动词。2.order和command一般指上级命令下级; command是权力用语,更强调下命令的人有权威,特别指军官命令士兵; 而order却可以指某个人对他人下命令,如医生嘱咐病人; tell则多用于日常情况,“吩咐”的意味往往大于“命令”。3.bid态度并不十分强制; command却有“强迫”“命令”“必须服从”的意味; order语气比command弱,不那么正式; tell的语气则更弱。4.跟动词不定式的复合结构时, bid多不带to,而command和order则须保留to。5.order还可表示“次序”或“订货”的意思,而command和bid则没有此意。
- order, arrange, marshal, methodize, organize
这组词都有“整理”“安排”的意思。它们的区别是：1.order指把事物安排得井井有条,和谐一致,或者按照固有的或严格的规则进行“安排”。2.arrange指按照恰当的秩序、关系、计划、需要或可能等进行“安排”或“调整”。例如:Before going away, he arranged his business affairs.在离开之前,他把业务都安排好了。The point is how to arrange our daily life well.问题在于如何把我们的日常生活安排好。3.marshal指为了便于安排或提高效率而进行的“调整”“整理”。例如:Next day he found they had been marshaled to go by air to Beijing.第二天,他发现大家已经安排好,打算乘飞机到北京去。4.methodize指通过规定次序、方式等使工作条理化。例如:We want you to methodize the everyday work of the factory.我们要你使厂里的日常工作条理化。5.organize指把分散的有关人员或事物编成一个整体,使每一个体在这个整体中都能各尽其职或各行其是。例如:Older students were having difficulty in studying and organizing themselves.年龄大的学生们学习有困难,也难以组织起来。The explorer organized an expedition to the North Pole.这位探险家组织了一次北极探险活动。
- command order direction instruction
误 Everything has been arranged in a good order.
正 Everything has been arranged in good order.
析 order作“条理,秩序”解时是不可数名词。在in bad〔good,perfect,proper,regular〕,out of order等短语中order前不加a。
误 As a soldier, he has to obey all the order.
正 As a soldier, he has to obey all the orders.
误 The names were arranged to alphebatical order.
正 The names were arranged in alphebatical order.
析 表达“按…顺序排列”, order前用介词in 。
误 The orders were that we stayed here.
正 The orders were that we (should) stay here.
误 They placed an order of one hundred TV sets for the factory.
正 They placed an order for one hundred TV sets with the factory.
析 表达“向…订购…”,常用place an order for sth with sb 结构。
误 He went into the garden in order to he might look at the flowers.
正 He went into the garden in order that he might look at the flowers.
析 in order to和in order that都可以引导目的状语,但in order to后接动词原形, in order that后接从句。
误 He spoke loudly in order to hear him clearly.
正 He spoke loudly in order that every one could hear him clearly.
正 He spoke loudly in order to be heard clearly.
析 在in order to 引导的目的状语中,动词不定式的逻辑主语必须与该句的主语一致,而in order that引导的目的状语从句中的主语则不受此限制。
误 He is under orders leaving for Finland next week.
正 He is under orders to leave for Finland next week.
误 I ordered that the gate must be locked.
正 I ordered that the gate (should) be locked.
误 The doctor ordered to stay in bed.
正 The doctor ordered him to stay in bed.
误 The commander ordered to open fire on the enemy.
正 The commander ordered his men to open fire on the enemy.
析 在表达“命令某人做某事”时要用order sb to- v 结构,其中sb 不可省。
误 I have ordered some books in the bookstore.
正 I have ordered some books from the bookstore.
析 表达“向…订购…”,常用“order sth from”结构。
误 Tom's father has ordered a new coat to him.
正 Tom's father has ordered him a new coat.
正 Tom's father has ordered a new coat for him.
错句：the soldiers were ordered standing at attention.
纠正：the soldiers were ordered to stand at attention.
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的ordre；最初源自拉丁语的oridnem，意为序列。
- n.(名词) calm command control law line peace plan rule
- v.(动词) adjure adjust align arrange book charge class control manage
- order:order n. 次序, 顺序, 正常(工作)状态, 秩序, 会议规则, 命令, 定购, 定单vt. 命令, 定购, 定制 英英解释:名词order:1. (often plural) a comma…