- [U]今天 this present day
- [U][S]现今,眼下; 当代 this present time, period, etc.
- (在)今天 during or on the present day
- 眼下,时下,现在 during or at the present time; nowadays
- the present time or age;
"the world of today"
"today we have computers"
- the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow);
"Today is beautiful"
"did you see today's newspaper?"
- in these times;
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"
"we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"
"today almost every home has television"
- on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow;
"I can't meet with you today"
- Today is Thursday.
- The fashions of today change very quickly.
- I feel my fingers are all thumbs today.
- There is a breath of autumn in the air today.
- The media have a lot of power today.
- English is spoken all over the world today.
I have finished my work for today.
It's only three days from today.
We have today off for a holiday.
Have you read today's newspaper?
Wang Shuo is a writer of today.
He can present the Bible in today's language.
You'll be in a today where there is no yesterday or tomorrow to worry you.
He has a headache and isn't feeling communicative today.
Charles seemed very cool towards me today.
The young man was very short with him today.
The winds today will be light and variable.
It's questionable whether he'll come or not today.
The weather forecast says we'll have scattered showers today.
She caught a bad cold yesterday and consequently was absent from school today.
Women today no longer accept such treatment.
The Chinese people are very happy today.
In China today each couple is required to carry out a eugenic plan strictly.
Life today would be very different without electricity.
The sports meet will be held a week today.
- here today and gone tomorrow
(指人)飘浮不定; 短暂 ephemeral〔present〕 for only a short time
It's difficult to find a window cleaner who will call regularly—they all seem to be here today and gone tomorrow. 要找一个能定期上门来擦窗户的人很难——他们似乎都是些行踪不定的人。
- (指人)飘浮不定; 短暂 ephemeral〔present〕 for only a short time
- today's language 现代语言
- topic for today 今天的讲题
- from today 从今天起
- science of today 现代科学
- writer of today 当代作家
- young men of today 当代青年
- today for a holiday 今天休假
You won't get in today Come back tomorrow morning.出自：E. Waugh
Mr. Rand is ill and must forgo the pleasure of your company..today.出自：J. Kosinski
- today等于on this day,故其前不可再加介词on。
- today用在间接引语中,应改为that day。
- today next week〔month,year〕表示“一周,一月或一年后的今天”。
误 As I told you in our today's telephone conversation,I have failed to get the visa.
正 As I told you in today's telephone conversation,I have failed to get the visa.
析 在today's, yesterday's 等构成的名词词组前不能再用限定词(包括物主代词)。
误 There will be no classes today afternoon.
正 There will be no classes this afternoon.
析 表示“今天下午”应该用this afternoon,不能用today afternoon。“今天上午”和“今天晚上”分别是this morning和this evening。但是,“今天夜里”是tonight。
误 They said that they would go to the exhibition today.
正 They said that they would go to the exhibition that day.
析 today用作副词时,在间接引语中,应改为that day。