- [U]今天 this present day
- [U][S]现今,眼下; 当代 this present time, period, etc.
- (在)今天 during or on the present day
- 眼下,时下,现在 during or at the present time; nowadays
the present time or age;
"the world of today"
"today we have computers"
the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow);
"Today is beautiful"
"did you see today's newspaper?"
in these times;
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"
"we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"
"today almost every home has television"
on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow;
"I can't meet with you today"
- Today is my birthday.
- Today is Thursday.
- The fashions of today change very quickly.
- I feel my fingers are all thumbs today.
- There is a breath of autumn in the air today.
- The media have a lot of power today.
- English is spoken all over the world today.
- I have finished my work for today.
- It's only three days from today.
- We have today off for a holiday.
- Have you read today's newspaper?
- Wang Shuo is a writer of today.
- He can present the Bible in today's language.
- You'll be in a today where there is no yesterday or tomorrow to worry you.
- He has a headache and isn't feeling communicative today.
- Charles seemed very cool towards me today.
- The young man was very short with him today.
- The winds today will be light and variable.
- It's questionable whether he'll come or not today.
- The weather forecast says we'll have scattered showers today.
- She caught a bad cold yesterday and consequently was absent from school today.
- Women today no longer accept such treatment.
- The Chinese people are very happy today.
- In China today each couple is required to carry out a eugenic plan strictly.
- Life today would be very different without electricity.
- The sports meet will be held a week today.
- here today and gone tomorrow
(指人)飘浮不定; 短暂 ephemeral〔present〕 for only a short time
- today's language 现代语言
- topic for today 今天的讲题
- from today 从今天起
- science of today 现代科学
- writer of today 当代作家
- young men of today 当代青年
- today for a holiday 今天休假
You won't get in today Come back tomorrow morning.出自： E. Waugh
Mr. Rand is ill and must forgo the pleasure of your company..today.出自： J. Kosinski
- today等于on this day,故其前不可再加介词on。
- today用在间接引语中,应改为that day。
- today next week〔month,year〕表示“一周,一月或一年后的今天”。
误 As I told you in our today's telephone conversation,I have failed to get the visa.
正 As I told you in today's telephone conversation,I have failed to get the visa.
析 在today's, yesterday's 等构成的名词词组前不能再用限定词(包括物主代词)。
误 There will be no classes today afternoon.
正 There will be no classes this afternoon.
析 表示“今天下午”应该用this afternoon,不能用today afternoon。“今天上午”和“今天晚上”分别是this morning和this evening。但是,“今天夜里”是tonight。他们说他们应该今天去看展览。
误 They said that they would go to the exhibition today.
正 They said that they would go to the exhibition that day.
析 today用作副词时,在间接引语中,应改为that day。
- now 现在
- this 这
- present 礼物
- day 白天
- nowadays 现今
- very 很
- age 年龄
- the 那
- time 时间
- this moment 现在(此刻)
- this time 这次
- at the present time 目前，现在，眼下...
- in these days 如今
- in this day and age 当今
- these days 现在
- currently 现在
- at the moment 此时，此刻
- at present 现在
- on 在 ... 之上
- days 时代
- at 在
- these 这些
- in 在 ... 里
- and 和
- era 纪元
- period 一段时间
- moment 片刻