- 现在,现时 at the present time; in these modern times
the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech;
"that is enough for the present"
"he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
in these times;
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"
"we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"
"today almost every home has television"
- Nowadays we rely increasingly on computers for help/to help us.
- Nowadays people travel in cars rather than carriages.
- Portable telephones are very popular nowadays.
- Nowadays, children often prefer watching TV to reading.
- Nowadays, the poor student has become a rich man.
- Lasers can be used to perform operations nowadays.
- Phonograph is no longer used nowadays.
- It is rare to find such a genius nowadays.
- Nowadays many people die of cancer.
- Nowadays people like travelling on foot.
- Nowadays petrol costs too much.
- He's much thinner nowadays than he used to be; I think he's been ill.
- Cars go very fast nowadays.
- Antiques are much sought after nowadays.
- Most films are colour ones nowadays.
- The novels of Scott are much in demand nowadays.
- We can see many adulterators in the market nowadays.
- Many shoes nowadays are made of plastic or similar stuff.
- You can't set up a business nowadays without money behind you.
误 In nowadays you rarely come to see me.
正 Nowadays you rarely come to see me.如今,人们如果没有电就几乎不能生活。
误 In the nowadays, people can hardly live without electricity.
正 Nowadays people can hardly live without electricity.
误 Many elderly people don't like the nowadays fashions.
正 Many elderly people don't like the fashions nowadays.如今他们知道任何事。
误 They know nowadays everything.
正 They know everything nowadays.