- [P]正当的,适当的,合法的,符合要求的 (of conduct, actions, etc.) morally good; required by law of duty
- 对的,正确的,准确的 true or correct
- [A]右边的,右方的 on or towards the side of the body which is towards the east when a person faces north
- 切合实际的,最适宜的,最恰当的 best in view of the circumstances; most suitable
- 良好的,正常的 in a good or normal condition
- [A]真实的,完全的 real; complete
- 准确地,直接地 exactly (in position, time, etc.); directly
- 彻底地,完全地 all the way; completely
- 向右,往右 the right side
- 正确地,恰当地,令人满意地 correctly; satisfactorily; properly
- 立即,马上 immediately
- [U]正确,正当,公正,正义 what is good, just, honourable, etc.
- [C][U]权利 proper claim to sth, or authority to do sth; thing one may do or have by law
- [U]右边,右面 right-hand side or direction
- [C]右手,右手拳 right hand
- [P]法定权利或要求 legal authority or claim
- vt. 使回复到适当的〔正确的、直立的〕位置 return itself/sth to a proper, correct or upright position
- vt. 纠正,改正 correct itself or sth
- an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature;
"they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"
"Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"
"a right is not something that somebody gives you; it is something that nobody can take away"
- location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east;
"he stood on the right"
- the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- those who support political or social or economic conservatism; those who believe that things are better left unchanged
- the hand that is on the right side of the body;
"he writes with his right hand but pitches with his left"
"hit him with quick rights to the body"
- a turn toward the side of the body that is on the south when the person is facing east;
"take a right at the corner"
- anything in accord with principles of justice;
"he feels he is in the right"
"the rightfulness of his claim"
- (frequently plural) the interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing;
- being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north;
"my right hand"
"right center field"
"a right-hand turn"
"the right bank of a river is the bank on your right side when you are facing downstream"
- free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth;
"the correct answer"
"the correct version"
"the right answer"
"took the right road"
"the right decision"
- socially right or correct;
"it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"
- in conformance with justice or law or morality;
"do the right thing and confess"
- correct in opinion or judgment;
"time proved him right"
- appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a person's character, needs;
"everything in its proper place"
"the right man for the job"
"she is not suitable for the position"
- of or belonging to the political or intellectual right
- in or into a satisfactory condition;
"things are right again now"
"put things right"
- intended for the right hand;
"a right-hand glove"
- in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure;
"what's the right word for this?"
"the right way to open oysters"
- having the axis perpendicular to the base;
"a right angle"
- (of the side of cloth or clothing) facing or intended to face outward;
"the right side of the cloth showed the pattern"
"be sure your shirt is right side out"
- most suitable or right for a particular purpose;
"a good time to plant tomatoes"
"the right time to act"
"the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
- precisely accurate;
"a veracious account"
- precisely, exactly;
"stand right here!"
"she called right after dinner"
"he fell flop on his face"
- toward or on the right; also used figuratively;
"he looked right and left"
"the party has moved right"
- in the right manner;
"please do your job properly!"
"can't you carry me decent?"
- an interjection expressing agreement
"she felt right at home"
"he fell right into the trap"
- (Southern regional intensive) very; to a great degree;
"the baby is mighty cute"
"he's mighty tired"
"it is powerful humid"
"that boy is powerful big now"
"they have a right nice place"
"they rejoiced mightily"
- in accordance with moral or social standards;
"that serves him right"
"do right by him"
- in an accurate manner;
"the flower had been correctly depicted by his son"
"he guessed right"
- make reparations or amends for;
"right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- put in or restore to an upright position;
"They righted the sailboat that had capsized"
- regain an upright or proper position;
"The capsized boat righted again"
- make right or correct;
"Correct the mistakes"
"rectify the calculation"
- In general, I think we're on the right track.
- After some introspection, I think you are right.
- The bus station is on the right side.
- She is the right girl for me; I need no one else.
- He has seen with all the right people in all the right places.
- He made me look a right idiot.
- We had taken a wrong turning,but a policeman put us right.
- The chicken will come right out and demand food if you don't feed them.
- When you get to the fork of the road, turn right.
- When he took a quick glance at the lady, he was surprised to find that she was right regarding him with interest.
- He is ill. Please send for a doctor right away.
- The icy wind blew right through me.
- I have the right to ask for an explanation.
- The property belongs to her as of right.
- Everyone supported him because he was in the right.
- He sat on the left, and she sat on the right.
- The Right dominated the cabinet and kept elbowing out the Left.
- I had to right the picture before I could feel comfortable.
- Give me one more chance to right my mistakes, please.
- We right everyone, no matter who he or she is.
- You have to right what you have done one day.
- The gymnast righted after jumping onto the ground with a somersault.
He gave the right answer.
It's difficult to know what is the right thing to do in this situation.
Are we on the right way?
Is this the right way to the zoo?
What's the right time?
Take a right turn at the crossroads.
He lives in the last house on the right side of the street.
In Britain we drive on the left side of the road, not the right side.
The right bank of the River Thames is on the south side.
Mary is the right girl for the work.We are confident in her.
He invited the right persons.
She's the sort of woman who always says the right things.
She's a right old witch!
That man's a right idiot!
I'll try to do whatever is right.
You certainly know whether what you are doing is right or wrong.
You are French, is that right?
That picture isn't quite right— could you straighten it?
The bed was right enough but the food was nasty.
I don't feel right.
Things are right now again.
Lally was right about the repairs which the cottage needed.
I was right in selling the farm.
Their ages were just right for a match.
The coat's just right for you.
The weather is just right for travelling.
Would I be right to say that she is rather stupid?
You were quite right to report the matter to the police.
Is it ever right to kill?
It isn't right to tell lies.
It seems only right to warn you.
It would not have been right to convict him.
It is right of you to say so.
It is right for you to do this.
It is right that he has been dismissed.
It's only right that you should know.
Have I guessed right or wrong?
Did I do it right?
You don't hold your chopsticks right.
He looked neither right nor left.
Go right home at once; don't stop off anywhere on the way.
I fell right to the bottom of the stairs.
Go right back to the beginning.
The wind was right in our faces.
The handle came right off in my hand.
The police arrived right at the moment of the explosion.
There's the house right in front of you.
I'll go right after lunch.
I haven't read the book right through.
The boat rolled right over.
I will be right back.
He took the call himself and came right out.
He's right here.
You're old enough to know the difference between right and wrong.
We fought for the right of access to government information.
Everyone has a right to a fair trial.
Do the police have the right of arrest in this situation?
Take the next turning on your right.
Keep to the right!
To the right lay a large piece of rice field.
You will find quite a good hotel just to the right of the park.
The dictionary is on a table to the right of the window.
He doesn't know his left from his right.
I stood at her right.
I want to see you use your right a lot more in this round.
Defend yourself with your right.
He was hit with a succession of rights.
All rights reserved.
Authors should be protected over their rights.
What right have you to do that?
You have no right to treat me like this.
I know he's the boss, but that doesn't give him the right to order us around.
She has a right to half your money.
I have the right of living here.
I managed to right the car after it skidded.
The crew seemed unable to right the capsized yacht.
The ship righted itself after the big wave had passed.
Jobs are absolutely essential for righting the economy.
The inventory situation was righting itself.
The fault will right itself if you give it time.
The mistake is being righted.
- all right
正确的,方便的,适宜的,良好的,好,行 perfect; okay
The answers were all right. 回答正确无误。
The arrangement is all right with me. 这样安排对我很适宜。
Everything is going all right. 一切顺利。
Don't bother about me. I'm all right. 别为我担心,我身体很好。
“Do you want to join us for dinner?” “All right!” “你愿意和我们一起吃饭吗?”“好哇!”
- 正确的,方便的,适宜的,良好的,好,行 perfect; okay
- all right on the night
到时候准能令人满意 (of a performance, etc.) satisfactory when the time comes for it to be done, etc.
I'm sorry,I don't quite know my lines yet, but I'll be all right on the night, don't you worry. 抱歉,我的台词背得还不熟,但到时候不会有问题的,你放心吧。
- 到时候准能令人满意 (of a performance, etc.) satisfactory when the time comes for it to be done, etc.
- get right
清楚无误地了解 understand sth clearly, without error get sth right
Let's get this right once and for all.咱们把这个问题彻底弄清楚吧。
Let's get one thing right— I give the orders round here,OK?咱们得先弄懂一件事——在这儿得听我的,懂吗?
- 清楚无误地了解 understand sth clearly, without error get sth right
- put〔set〕 right
恢复正常,纠正,改正 restore sb/sth to order; correct sb/sth put〔set〕 sb/sth right
I want to put you right on one or two matters.我想给你纠正一两个错误。
A week by the sea will soon put you right again.到海边休息一个星期,你很快就会恢复的。
I'm sorry about all the trouble I've caused— I'll do my best to put things right.很抱歉,我招来了所有这些麻烦——我愿意尽最大努力把事情安排好。
The wiring is all wrong— you'll have to call an electrician to set it right.电线全装错了,你得找个电工来把它们收拾好。
- 恢复正常,纠正,改正 restore sb/sth to order; correct sb/sth put〔set〕 sb/sth right
- right you are
- 好的,是 yes,I will; I agree
- right along
不间断地,一直地 continuously; straight
There was hardly any traffic and we drove right along till we got home. 路上几乎没有别的车辆,我们驾车一直开到家。
顺利地 smoothly; successfully
His business is going right along. 他的生意进展顺利。
- 不间断地,一直地 continuously; straight
- right and left
She owes money right and left. 她到处欠债。
- 到处 everywhere
- right away〔off〕
毫不犹豫地,毫不耽搁地 without hesitation or delay
I want it typed right away, please. 请立即把它打印出来。
He didn't answer right away. 他没有立即回答。
He knew the answer right off. 他立即就知道了答案。
I told her right off what I thought of her. 我把我对她的看法直截了当地告诉了她。
- 毫不犹豫地,毫不耽搁地 without hesitation or delay
- right now
Let's go right now before it gets too late. 我们马上就去,不然就太晚了。
此刻,目前 at this moment
Right now I'm not actually writing anything because getting the concerto finished on time has exhausted me. 实际上目前我什么也没有写,因为按时完成这协奏曲已使我精疲力竭了。
- 立即 immediately
- see right
保证(某人的)一切需要或愿望得到满足 ensure that sb has all he needs or wants see sb right
You needn't worry about running out of money— I'll always see you right.你不必担心钱花光了怎么办——我随时关照你的需要。
- 保证(某人的)一切需要或愿望得到满足 ensure that sb has all he needs or wants see sb right
- as of right
公正地,正确地,基于正当的权利 justly; correctly; because of having the proper〔legal〕 claim
Originally paper money could, upon demand, as of right be changed into gold. 原先,只要有人求兑,作为正当权利,纸币都可以兑成黄金。
The property belongs to her as of right. 这财产按理说是属于她的。
Every shareholder will receive an invitation to the meeting as of right. 每一位股东都将接到参加这次会议的邀请,这是他们的权利。
- 公正地,正确地,基于正当的权利 justly; correctly; because of having the proper〔legal〕 claim
- by right of
因为,由于 because of sth
The Normans ruled England by right of conquest. 诺曼人征服了英格兰,成了统治者。
- 因为,由于 because of sth
- by rights
要是公正的话,公正地 if justice were done; in justice
By rights, half the reward should be mine. 按理说,有一半奖赏应该是我的。
- 要是公正的话,公正地 if justice were done; in justice
- in one's own right
凭本身的权利〔资格〕 because of a personal claim, qualification, etc.
She's a peeress in her own right. 她本身就是贵族。
Elizabeth Ⅱ is Queen of England in her own right. 伊丽莎白二世是以自身的权利成为英国女王的。
- 凭本身的权利〔资格〕 because of a personal claim, qualification, etc.
- in the right
有理,没错 having justice on one's side; not deserving blame
I will never give up the struggle, for I know I am in the right. 我绝不放弃斗争,因为我知道我有理。
When we are trying to reach agreement, why do you always act as if you're the only one who's in the right? 如果我们想达成协议的话,为什么你动不动就装作是唯一正确的人呢?
- 有理,没错 having justice on one's side; not deserving blame
- put〔set〕 to rights
纠正(某人的)错误,使(某物)就绪 correct sb/sth; put things in order put〔set〕 sb/sth to rights
I couldn't start the car yesterday, but my brother soon put it to rights.昨天我无法发动这辆车,但我的兄弟很快就把它修好了。
The room was in a dreadful mess, and it took us the whole day to set it to rights.这房间一团糟,我们花了整整一天才把它整理好。
- 纠正(某人的)错误,使(某物)就绪 correct sb/sth; put things in order put〔set〕 sb/sth to rights
- right of way
通行权 right to pass over another person's land
Is there a right of way across these fields? 人们有权通过这些田地吗?
优先通行权 right to proceed while another vehicle must wait
Motorists must stop, because those on foot have the right of way at a crossing. 开车的人必须停下来,因为步行者在人行横道上有优先通行权。
- 通行权 right to pass over another person's land
- within one's rights
不超越自己的权力或权利范围 not exceeding one's authority or entitlement within one's rights to-v
You'd be quite within your rights to refuse to work on Sundays.你完全有权拒绝在星期天工作。
- 不超越自己的权力或权利范围 not exceeding one's authority or entitlement within one's rights to-v
- right angle 直角
- right answer 正确的回答
- right bank 右岸
- right eye 右眼
- right hand 右手
- right line 直线
- right mind 心智正常
- right person 最合适的人选
- right side 右,右边,右侧
- right time 准确的时间
- right turn 右拐
- right way 正确的路线
- look all right 看起来还可以
- do right 做得对
- fall right 直接摔下
- go right 直接走
- guess right 猜得对
- look right 向右看
- read right 彻底地读
- turn right 向右拐
- attack right 攻右翼
- deliver a right 出右拳
- keep the right 靠右走
- take a right 向右拐弯
- throw a right 挥右拳
- turn to the right 向右拐弯
- abdicate right 放弃权利
- abuse right 滥用权利
- achieve a right 获得权利
- claim a right 要求权利
- defend the right 维护正义
- deny a right 不给权利
- enjoy a right 享受权利
- exercise one's rights 行使权利
- gain a right 获得权利
- give up one's right 放弃权利
- have the right 享有权利
- hear the rights 听取真相
- ignore sb's right 无视某人的权利
- lose one's right 丧失权利
- maintain one's right 坚持权利
- procure the right 获得权利
- protect sb's rights 保护某人的权利
- safeguard sb's rights 保护某人的权利
- sign away a right 签字放弃权利
- do sb right 公平待人
- give sb the right 给某人权利
- democratic rights 民主权利
- divine right 神赐予的权利
- equal right 平等权利
- full right 全权
- grazing rights 放牧权
- hereditary right 世袭的权利,继承权
- inalienable rights 不可剥夺的权利
- individual rights 个人权利
- inherent rights 固有的权利
- inviolable right 不容侵犯的权利
- lawful rights and interests 合法权益
- legal right 合法权利
- mineral right 矿产权
- natural right 天赋的权利
- personal rights 人权
- political right 政治权利
- prescriptive rights 约定俗成的权利
- vested right 既得权利
- children's rights 儿童的权利
- civil rights 民权
- consumer's rights 消费者权利
- democratic right 民主权利
- enemy's right 敌人的右翼
- exclusive sale right 专卖权
- film rights 制片权
- human rights 人权
- intellectual property rights 知识产权
- parents' rights 父母的权利
- patent right 专利权
- patients' rights 病人的权利
- property rights 财产权
- states' rights 国家的权利
- women's rights 妇女的权利
- at right 在右边
- on the right 在右边
- to the right 朝右边
- by right 正当地
- by right of 凭借…,由于…
- in the right 有理
- be in right with 得到…的喜爱
- bill of rights 权利法案
- with a right 有权
- within one's right 在…权利范围内
- right of a free press 自由出版权
- right of a free speech 言论自由权
- right of education 受教育的权利
- right of operation 经营权
- right to… 之权
- right to the property 财产继承权
So young, Terry. So sure of right and wrong.出自：J. Wyndham
It is right that men should be..upon a par with one another.出自：J. Bentham
I know what I'm doing is right.出自：Encounter
To sacrifice his own life..to right the wrong.出自：P. Auster
If I played it right..I might be taken on.sss sssJ. Locke出自：L. Olivier
- right通常可以和动词、介词短语或副词连用。与动词连用时, right须放在动词之后; 与其他副词连用时,须放在其他副词之前。
- right在句中可起加强语气的作用,以便精确地表达时间关系或空间关系,如right after, right in the middle of等。
- right作“很”解时是地方方言,在美国南部很通用。例如:We'll be right glad to see you.看到你我们很高兴。
- right修饰地点或时间短语的用法在美国已被普遍接受,但大多数人在正式文学作品中仍予以避免,只用于随便的或非正式场合。例如:They worked right〔all〕 along for several hours.他们不断地工作了几个小时。
- 在表示“权利”时, right通常接动词不定式或“of+动名词”结构作定语,表示“做…的权利”。
- right, correct
这两个词意思相同,都表示“正确”,多数情况下可互换。例如:Your answer is right〔correct〕.你的答案是正确的。其区别是：1.correct含有按标准或规则往往是“正确”的意味; 而right含有按道德规范往往是“正确”的意味。例如:This sentence is grammatically correct but idiomatically wrong.这句话从语法上讲是对的,但不符合习惯用法。I don't think it's right to leave children alone in a house.我认为把小孩独自留在房里是不对的。2.right有“正常的”“正义的”“井井有条的”等意思,而correct没有。例如:He invited the right persons.他邀请了该请的客人。
- She was right to refuse.
- It was right of her to refuse.
- It was right for her to refuse.
- It was right that she should refuse.
- right, rightly
这两个词在意思上基本相同。其区别是：1.在修饰全句时要用rightly而不用right。例如:Quite rightly,Fannie referred the complaint to the director.芬尼把一肚子苦水向主任倾诉这是完全正确的。2.如果修饰的是动词,两者都可以使用,但right要放在动词之后,而rightly多放在动词之前。例如:If I remember right,Robert died two years ago.要是我没记错的话,罗伯特两年前就去世了。These prisoners were rightly punished for their crimes.这些犯人罪有应得。3.修饰介词短语时要用right,不用rightly。例如:The nail went right through the plank.钉子恰好钉穿木板。4.修饰另一个形容词或副词,要用right,不用rightly。而且,这样使用时, right要放在另一个副词之前。例如:The policeman has knocked the blackguard right out.民警已把这个坏蛋打倒在地。5.right作为副词,可以用在介词短语之前,意思是“正好”, rightly不能这样用。例如:The snowball hit him right on the nose.雪球正好打在他鼻子上。
- right away, at once, directly, immediately, instantly, presently
这组词(组)的共同意思是“立即”“马上”。其区别在于:1.at once主要指动作迅速,但中间多有一段距离,且at once比immediately意味更强。例如:I'm leaving for Rome at once.我马上去罗马。He gave orders for the work to be started at once.他下令立即开始那项工作。2.immediately侧重指时间“紧接着”。例如:I came immediately after I'd eaten.吃过饭我立即就来了。Please close your books immediately and answer these questions.请立即合上书,回答这些问题。I left immediately when the clock struck twelve.钟刚打12点我就离去了。3.right away经常出现在美式英语中。例如:I'll do it right away.我立即去办。He had written down a list of things to do right away.他已写下须立即做的事情。Don't expect them to approve of the design right away.不能期望他们马上批准这项设计。4.instantly也是指动作迅速,但它更强调的是同时发生,中间有很短的距离或无距离。例如:The electrician went instantly in answer to the phone call.电工师傅一接到电话马上就去了。He was killed instantly in a car accident.在车祸中,他当场死亡。5.directly强调“直接地”,多与“迂回绕过”相对。例如:Whether he sailed directly across the bay or coasted round it is uncertain.他是径直驶过海湾,还是沿海岸迂回绕过的,现在还无法确知。6.presently强调过一会再去做某事。例如:I will do the dishes presently, but I want to finish the story first.我过一会去洗碟子,不过我想得先看完这篇故事。
- on the right 在右边
- on one's right 在某人的右边
- to the right 向右边
- to the right of 朝…的右方
- on the right 在右边
- to the right 向右边
- He knows the right from the wrong.
- He knows right from wrong.
- accurate exact precise right true correct
- right privilege
- very right just
- very:very是形容词，用来修饰名词，位于the, this，my等限定词后。
- At the very beginning of this term, they took an exam.
- right:right作副词，用来修饰谓语（常为动词be）或作状语的介词短语等，须放在the, this，my等限定词之前。
- The police looked at the thief right in the eye.
- He is just the actor I want.
误 He is absolutely right at refusing to do it.
正 He is absolutely right in refusing to do it.
误 I think I'm right on saying this.
正 I think I'm right in saying this.
析 表示“做…是正确的”一般说be right in v -ing。
误 Let's uphold all the correct and oppose all the wrong.
正 Let's uphold all that is right and oppose all that is wrong.
析 表示“一切正确〔错误〕的东西”不可说all the correct〔wrong〕,这种说法不合乎英语习惯。
误 Quite right, the woman made a complaint against her husband for ill-treatment.
正 Quite rightly, the woman made a complaint against her husband for ill-treatment.
误 Your translation is quite rightly.
正 Your translation is quite right.
析 用来修饰全句时,应用副词rightly或quite rightly; 用来作主语补足语或表语性形容词时,用right或quite right。
误 Turn to right at the second crossing.
正 Turn to the right at the second crossing.
析 表示“向右边”时可以说to the right, right前须有定冠词the。
误 To the right of the wall was a map of the world.
正 On the right of the wall was a map of the world.
误 He looked on the right, but saw no one.
正 He looked to the right, but saw no one.
析 on the right表示“在右边”,强调空间位置; to the right表示“向右边”,强调方向。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的riht，意为确正的。
- adj.(形容词) accurate correct exact true good honest just upright proper suitable
- adv.(副词) rightly
- n.(名词) goodness justice morality virtue claim title
- right:计算机中应用Right()功能从字符串右端取指定个数字符。语法Right ( string, n )参数string：string类型，指定要提取子串的字符串n：long类型，指定子串长度返回值Str…