- 早已,已经 before now or before a stated or suggested time in the past
- prior to a specified or implied time;
"she has already graduated"
- I've already paid my membership dues.
- The new rules have already come into play.
- You had already gone when I arrived there.
Let us begin now; it is already too late.
The worst is over already.
This machine is already out of date. It is out of date already.
I already told you.
He already knew what she wanted.
When I called,Jacelin was already dressed.
He looked for a spectacular end to his already long life.
When we arrived, he was already there.
The reading-room lights were already on.
He was two days late already.
They continued working, though it was already near midnight.
I have already done it.
I have already answered that question.
I have already got his latest work.
He has already come back.
It's 5：30 a.m., but he's already worked.
He had already left when I called.
He had already eaten more than he wanted.
The play had already started when we got to the theatre.
He had shaved already before dinner, but now he went over his chin a second time.
When I came in, she was already laying the table.
When she went downstairs, they were already having their breakfast.
It was already raining hard when he went out.
I already have enough trouble on my hands.
Is he back here already?
Is my coat dry already?That's quick!
Are you going to bed already?It's only eight o'clock.
Have you found it already?
Have you had breakfast already?
Have you finished your composition already?You are very speedy.
Hasn't she sold it already?
You are not leaving us already, are you?
Don't tell me you've eaten it already!
The best books..are those that tell you what you know already.出自：G. Orwell
He didn't even hear what I said: he was absorbed already.出自：G. Greene
Are you back already?
He is already there.
He is all ready there.
- already一般用于肯定句中。与动词搭配时,静态动词多用一般式,动态动词多用完成式。表示与现在时间相比而已经做过的事,即by this time,须用现在完成时; 表示与过去时间相比而已经做过的事,即by that time,用过去完成时或过去进行时。already不用于一般将来时。
- already有时也用于祈使句,能使语气严肃的祈使句在语气上变得缓和,常用于口语中。例如：Let's start already.那么咱们动身吧!Shut up already.别说了,好不好!
- already, still
- The coffee is cold already.
- The coffee is still hot.
- already, yet
这两个词意思相近,其区别是：1.already多用于肯定句,而yet多用于疑问句或否定句。例如：The guests have already arrived.客人已经到了。Have the guests arrived yet?客人到了吗?The guests have not arrived yet.客人还没到。2.already有时也可用于疑问句中表示惊讶、怀疑,或者表示期望〔预计〕有一个肯定的回答。试比较以下两个句子：
- Have you had your lunch yet?
- Have you had your lunch already?
- Have you received your invitation yet?
- Have you already received your invitation?
- already, all ready
这两者读起来音相同,但却绝非一回事。already是副词, ready是形容词; already的意思是“已经”, all ready的意思是“全准备好”, all用以表示程度。试比较：
- He is already there.
- He is all ready there.
- The tea is already on the table.
- The tea is all ready on the table.
误 He already got up.
正 He has already got up.
误 Already on my fourteenth birthday I knew what I wanted to do with my life.
正 On my fourteenth birthday I already knew what I wanted to do with my life.
- already:already adv. 已经…