- [U]劳动,努力;工作 effort or work, especially tiring physical work;a piece of work
- [C]劳工,工人 workers, especially those who use their hands, considered as a group or class
- [U]分娩,(分娩时的)阵痛 the act of giving birth
- vi. 劳动;努力 work;try hard
- vi. 艰难行进 move, slowly and with difficulty
- vi. & vt. 详细地做 work out in detail;treat at great length
- a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages;
"there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field"
- concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child;
"she was in labor for six hours"
- a political party formed in Great Britain in 1900; characterized by the promotion of labor's interests and formerly the socialization of key industries
- productive work (especially physical work done for wages);
"his labor did not require a great deal of skill"
- work hard;
"She was digging away at her math homework"
"Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- strive and make an effort to reach a goal;
"She tugged for years to make a decent living"
"We have to push a little to make the deadline!"
"She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
- undergo the efforts of childbirth
- Labour is not only a necessity but also a pleasure.
- It takes a lot of labour to build a railway.
- A vigorous labour movement began that winter.
- The labour question must come to the fore next session.
- She was in labour for three hours.
- He was elected to the leadership of the Labour Party.
- We labour for the happiness of mankind.
- The editor laboured over the manuscript till early morning.
- The old man laboured up the hillside.
- The horses laboured up the steep slope.
- There is no need to labour the argument.
- You needn't labour a point that is perfectly plain.
We have replaced human labour with machines.
They live by honest labour.
This education aimed at combining brain work with manual labour.
We should try to reform criminals through labour rather than punish them.
We regard labour as a matter of honour.
These machines would relieve the peasants of their backbreaking labour.
A good day's labour got his appetite up.
He forced his slaves into hard labour.
Helpless, we watched a whole season's labour and half a year's food destroyed.
I have a labour for you.
She blushed when they criticized her for her incorrect attitude toward domestic labour.
This was what they achieved after two years of ceaseless military labour.
The criminal was sentenced to eight years at hard labour.
Some of the labour leaders were also questioned by the reactionary police.
The labour men tries their best to dam the river.
In front of the labour exchange there are many people desiring to get a job.
They are admired for their labour discipline.
Labour Day falls on a Monday this year.
My mind flashed back to last Labour Day.
It was widely held that the Labour Party would get in, but it failed in the election.
They forged the links with the Labour Party.
It is important to locate new industries where labour and raw materials are easily available.
To take it apart now would mean wasting a lot of labour.
Many children were exploited as cheap labour in factories.
Most of the nation's labour are on strike.
They mediated the settlement between labour and management.
When the building was completed, he paid off the labours.
It is a scientific labour.
His labours are now at an end, and he can rest.
When can the people cease from their labours?
On her way back from the fields, she suddenly doubled over with labour pains.
His wife is in labour.
She was in labour for two hours before her baby was finally born.
She went into labour two weeks early.
The editor laboured over the manuscript till early morning.
They laboured along the bad road.
I laboured to understand him.
They have laboured to complete the job.
We laboured hard to finish our job ahead of schedule.
He didn't know how to labour the wonders.
There's no need to labour the point.
His argument is interesting but is at times somewhat clouded by a laboured style.
The labouring people in Tibet developed the Tibetan plateau with their own labour and wisdom.
Cities grew rapidly, a large laboring class developed.
- labour at (v.+prep.)
努力研究 work hard at labour at sth
Don't labour at your writing, try to make it seem easy and natural.不要对你所写的东西过分雕琢,要把文章写得简明自然。
- 努力研究 work hard at labour at sth
- labour for (v.+prep.)
为…而努力工作 work hard so as to labour for sb/sth
Why should you labour for the boss of the company when he gives you no reward?公司的老板不给你钱,你为什么还要为他卖命呢?
They laboured for the happiness of mankind.他们为人类的幸福而努力工作。
- 为…而努力工作 work hard so as to labour for sb/sth
- labour under (v.+prep.)
苦于;被…所欺骗 work underneath labour under sth
You are labouring under an error if you think these rules will always be valid.如果你认为这规章永久适用,那你就错了。
People labour under the ignorance and superstition.人们因愚昧和迷信而受害。
- 苦于;被…所欺骗 work underneath labour under sth
- labour up (v.+prep.)
艰难地向上 make a lot of effort up labour up sth
The car laboured up the hill.汽车艰难地爬上山去。
They laboured through the thick forest and up the steep hill.他们艰难地穿过茂密的森林,爬上陡峭的山坡。
- 艰难地向上 make a lot of effort up labour up sth
- labour with (v.+prep.)
用…使(某人)疲倦 make sb tired with sth labour with sth
His classmates were labouring with elementary algebra.他的同学们正在绞尽脑汁地演算初等代数题。labour sb with sth
Don't labour the reader with unnecessary detail.不要用不必要的细节使读者疲倦。
- 用…使(某人)疲倦 make sb tired with sth labour with sth
- begin the labour 开始劳动
- carry labour 做工作
- complete labour 完成工作
- continue one's labour 继续劳动
- cost labour 消耗劳动力
- devote much labour 付出许多努力
- do labour 劳动,干活,做工
- divide labour 分工
- draw labour 吸收劳动力
- engaged in labour 从事…劳动
- find labour 找到工作
- finish labour 完成工作,结束工作
- free from labour 免于劳动,免于苦役
- gain from labour 劳动所得
- handle labour 处理工作
- leave labour 歇工
- perform labour 从事劳动
- pursue one's labour 继续劳动
- quit labour 停止劳动
- require labour 需要劳动力
- save labour 节省劳力
- simplify the labour 简化工作
- spare no labour 不遗余力
- want labour 需要劳动
- waste a great deal of labour 浪费大量劳动
- backbreaking labour 极其繁重的体力劳动
- cheap labour 廉价劳动力
- creative labour 创造性劳动
- daily labour 日常劳动
- delicate labour 细致的劳动
- demanding labour 要求高的劳动
- dirty labour 脏活,吃力不讨好的活
- disagreeable labour 令人不愉快的劳动
- domestic labour 家务活
- easy labour 容易的劳动
- economic labour 经济工作
- educational labour 教育事业
- everyday labour 日常劳动
- excessive labour 过度的劳动
- exhausting labour 令人筋疲力尽的劳动
- firsthand labour 第一手工作
- forced labour 强迫劳动
- hard labour 艰苦的劳动
- honest labour 诚实的劳动
- human labour 人类劳动
- light labour 轻微的劳动,轻活
- manual labour 体力劳动
- mental labour 脑力劳动
- necessary labour 必要的劳动
- noble labour 高尚的工作
- orderly labour 有秩序的劳动
- organizational labour 组织劳动
- outdoor labour 室外劳动
- patient labour 耐心的劳动
- physical labour 体力劳动
- pleasant labour 令人愉快的劳动
- productive labour 生产劳动
- rough labour 粗活
- taxing labour 繁重的工作
- tiring labour 令人筋疲力尽的工作
- tough labour 困难的工作
- undercover labour 秘密劳动
- useful labour 有用的劳动,有益的劳动
- difficult labour 难产
- natural labour 自然分娩
- the first labour 头胎
- the second labour 二胎
- child labour 童工
- day labour 计日工
- farm labour 农场劳动
- fieldlabour 野外工作
- hand labour 手工劳动
- life labour 一生的工作
- muscle labour 体力劳动
- night labour 夜班
- prison labour 狱中劳役
- reconstruction labour 重建工作
- slave labour 奴役
- after one's labours 完成工作后
- be in labour 分娩
- by labour 通过劳动
- woman in labour 分娩中的妇女
- go into labour from 因…而小产
- quality of labour 劳动质量
- the hours of labour 劳动时间
- produced with labour 劳动所生产的
- labour the point 仔细地分析解释
- labour accidentally 偶尔劳动
- labour appropriately 适当地劳动
- labour arduously 艰难地劳动
- labour artificially 虚假地劳动
- labour assiduously 不懈地劳动
- labour bodily 整体地艰难移动
- labour casually 马虎地劳动
- labour cautiously 谨慎地艰难移动
- labour ceaselessly 不断地劳动
- labour clumsily 拙劣地劳动
- labour conditionally 有条件地劳动
- labour consciously 自觉地劳动
- labour cordially 真心诚意地劳动
- labour daringly 大胆地劳动
- labour diligently 勤奋地劳动
- labour doubtfully 难以预料地劳动
- labour economically 有效益地劳动
- labour efficiently 有效率地劳动
- labour extensively 大量地劳动
- labour fastidiously 挑剔地劳动
- labour frequently 经常劳动
- labour healthfully 有益于健康地劳动
- labour impetuously 急躁地劳动
- labour incessantly 不断地劳动
- labour indirectly 间接劳动
- labour industriously 辛勤地劳动
- labour insistently 引人注意地劳动
- labour intelligibly 可理解地艰难移动
- labour intentionally 有目的地劳动
- labour interestingly 有趣地劳动
- labour jerkily 笨拙地劳动
- labour laboriously 艰难地劳动
- labour logically 情理之中地劳动
- labour needlessly 不必要地劳动
- labour passively 消极劳动
- labour patiently 有耐性地劳动
- labour pointlessly 无意义地劳动
- labour probably 可能劳动
- labour professionally 熟练地劳动
- labour provisionally 暂且劳动
- labour readily 欣然劳动
- labour recklessly 不顾后果地劳动
- labour reluctantly 不情愿地劳动
- labour rightly 正当劳动
- labour satisfactorily 令人满意地劳动
- labour simultaneously 同时劳动
- labour skillfully 技术高超地劳动
- labour slowly 慢慢地劳动
- labour solely 单独地劳动
- labour specially 具体地劳动
- labour speciously 似是而非地劳动
- labour spectacularly 特殊地劳动
- labour speedily 快速地劳动
- labour substantially 实实在在地劳动
- labour symbolically 象征性地劳动
- labour systematically 系统地劳动
- labour tirelessly 不知疲倦地劳动
- labour tremulously 震颤地艰难移动
- labour temporarily 暂时劳动
- labour unbelievably 不可思议地劳动
- labour unconditionally 无条件地劳动
- labour unexpectedly 意外地劳动
- labour unhesitatingly 毫不犹豫地劳动
- labour voluntarily 自愿地劳动
- labour whole-heartedly 全心全意地劳动
Man goeth forth unto his worke: and to his labour.出自：Bible (AV): Psalms
Physics..they took to be unacceptably hard mental labour.出自：D. Francis
They..labour Honey to sustain their Lives.出自：Dryden
- “劳动节”可说Labour Day,也可说May Day,其前不用冠词。
- Labour等于Labour Party,指“工党”。
- labour在表示“缓慢而艰难地前进”时,是不及物动词,常与介词through, up, along 等连用,其主语既可以是人,也可以是物。
- labour, toil, work
这组词的共同意思是“劳动”“工作”。其区别在于：1.labour通常指需要花很大力气并使人疲乏的体力劳动,也可指脑力劳动,但仅限于具体特殊困难的事情。2.work含义很广,指任何有目的性的劳动,不论劳动的难易、轻重、时间的长短,是体力劳动还是脑力劳动,也可用来指机器等的操作。例如:He brought work home from the office.他把要做的工作从办公室带回了家。They had pretty hard work getting the roof of the storehouse repaired before the rain came.他们费了很大劲在下雨前将仓房顶修好。I have a lot of work to do.我有许多工作要做。This Association does social work.这个协会从事社会工作。3.toil一般表示繁重的长时间劳动,带有令人感到非常疲乏的意味。例如:After much toil the furniture was all in the moving van.经过一番劳累,家具都被搬进了搬运车。They spent months of toil on the water conservancy project.他们为这个水利工程辛辛苦苦地干了几个月。The wealth of industrial society could only come from the toil of the masses.工业社会的财富来自群众的辛勤劳动。
- labour, worker, working man, workman
这四个词(组)都可表示“工人”。其区别是：worker用义最广,指“工人”最常用,但也指从事某种工作的人; workman指工匠和一般挣工资的人; working man指工人通常较为狭义,但也包括在工厂或别处干技术性或非技术性体力劳动的人; labour仅指干非技术性、重体力劳动的工人。例如:Some workmen have restored and refinished her parquet floor.几个工匠已把她的镶木地板重新铺好,装修一新。The average working man has only a limited saving power.普通工人储蓄的能力有限。He is an agricultural labour.他是一个农场工人。
误 The country has not enough skilled labours.
正 The country has not enough skilled labour.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的loabr，意为劳动。
- n.(名词) effort hands task work workers workforce workmen pain
- v.(动词) drudge grind heave pitch strive struggle suffer sweat toil toss work strain
- labourer n. 劳工，苦力‖laboured adj. 缓慢而困难的；艰涩的，不流畅的‖laborious adj. (工作等)艰苦的，费力的；艰涩的，不流畅的
- labour:labour n. 劳动, 劳力, 劳工, 努力, 分娩, 工作v. 劳动, 苦干, 费力地前进, 分娩, 工作, 悉心完成…