- [U]容易 the ability to do sth without difficulty
- [U]舒适,安逸 the state of being comfortable and without worries or problems
- vt. & vi. 减轻; 使舒适 take away pain or worry; make more comfortable
- vt. & vi. 放宽; 放松 make looser; be less tight
- freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort;
"he rose through the ranks with apparent ease"
"they put it into containers for ease of transportation"
"the very easiness of the deed held her back"
- a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state;
"a life of luxury and ease"
"he had all the material comforts of this world"
- the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress);
"he enjoyed his relief from responsibility"
"getting it off his conscience gave him some ease"
- freedom from constraint or embarrassment;
"I am never at ease with strangers"
- freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility);
"took his repose by the swimming pool"
- move gently or carefully;
"He eased himself into the chair"
- lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate;
"ease the pain in your legs"
- make easier;
"you could facilitate the process by sharing your knowledge"
- lessen the intensity of or calm;
"The news eased my conscience"
"still the fears"
- He passed the test with ease.
- He is expected to win the game with ease.
- My parents are retired and now live a life of ease.
- I don't feel at ease in the strange place.
- The pain began to ease up after she was given a sedative.
- It would ease my mind to know where he was.
- They did this to ease their economic crisis.
- He eased himself along the ledge to reach the terrified boy.
They are expected to win the election with ease.
Gloria is a rich woman now, and lives a life of ease.
His stomach seemed to ease; the edge was off.
The weather is definitely easing.
Tension eased among the passengers as the fog lifted.
The relationship between these two countries has eased.
He eased the TV set through the narrow door.
The belt is too tight, ease it a little.
I'll help if it will ease your job.
They had to ease the speed of their boat.
They did this to ease their economic crisis.
I gave him some medicine to ease the pain.
The new medicine has eased the pain.
The news that her child was safe eased her mind.
The coat needs to be eased under the armpit.
The coat is too tight; it must be eased under the arms.
- at (one's) ease
安逸,舒适the state of being comfortable and without worries or problems
He didn't feel completely at ease in the strange surroundings. 他在陌生的环境中感到不那么自在。
Louise was at ease, content. 路易斯感到舒坦、满足。
- 安逸,舒适the state of being comfortable and without worries or problems
- take one's ease
休息; 轻松stop working or worrying; relax
Take your ease, for the journey ahead will be long and arduous. 好好休息一下,前面的路程远而艰难呢。
- 休息; 轻松stop working or worrying; relax
- ease down (v.+adv.)
减(速) reduce the speed of ease down
Ease down! will you? You're going dangerously fast.慢点!好吗?你开得太快了,危险。
Our lorry eased down and zigzagged along the mountain path.我们的卡车放慢了速度,沿着弯弯曲曲的山路前进。
Ease down, there's a sharp bend ahead.放慢速度,前面有个急转弯。ease sth ⇔ down
Getting near the harbour, the fishermen began to ease down the speed of their boats.驶进港口时,渔民们开始放慢了船的速度。
When the car came near the bridge, the driver eased it down to 20 kilometres an hour.当汽车开近那座桥时,司机把车速放到每小时20公里。
The crane operator eased the statue down till it rested on the pedestal.起重机操作员轻轻地把塑像吊下来放到基座上。
- 减(速) reduce the speed of ease down
- ease into (v.+prep.)
小心地移入 move carefully into sth ease into sth
The car eased into the garage.汽车小心地驶入车库。
The tug eased into the narrow docking space.拖船小心地驶入狭窄的码头停泊处。ease sb/sth into sth
He eased himself into one of the armchairs.他小心地坐到扶手椅里。
My foot was rather sore, but I managed to ease it into a large slipper.我的脚很疼,不过我很小心地把它伸进一只大拖鞋里。
- 小心地移入 move carefully into sth ease into sth
- ease of (v.+prep.)
解除 free sb from sth ease sb of sth
Machines ease the workers of heavy manual labour.机器把工人从笨重的体力劳动中解脱出来。
Let him ease you of your trouble.让他来解决你的困难吧。
Do write to your mother to ease her of her worry.务必给你妈妈写封信,别让她太担心。
Music eases me of pain.音乐解除了我的痛苦。
Walking helped to ease him of his pain.散步有助于解除他的疼痛。
- 解除 free sb from sth ease sb of sth
- ease off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉减轻; 缓和 become less severe ease off
Ease off, we don't need to go so fast now.慢一点,我们不需要走那么快了。
The rain has eased off.雨势已减弱。
After the patient received acupuncture treatment, his spasms eased off somewhat.病人接受针刺治疗后,痉挛稍微减轻了。
Now that the children are back at school,I can ease off.现在孩子们都回到学校了,我可以松口气了。
挪开 remove sth gently ease sth ⇔ off
The child asked his papa to help him ease off his belt a bit.那孩子叫他爸爸帮他把腰带松开些。
He eased the stamp off carefully.他小心翼翼地把邮票揭下来。
The nurse eased the bandage off.护士轻轻地把绷带取下来。
- 〈非正〉减轻; 缓和 become less severe ease off
- ease out (v.+adv.)
放下 loosen ease sth ⇔ out
Ease out the large sail or we shall be blown over!降下大帆来,否则我们会被刮翻的!
免职,开除 remove sb from office ease sb ⇔ out 用于 be ～ed 结构
When the new American President took office, some members of the White House staff were eased out.美国新总统就职后,白宫的某些职员被解了职。
Because those two companies merged, a number of their respective officers were eased out.由于两家公司合并,他们解雇了他们各自的一些职员。
- 放下 loosen ease sth ⇔ out
- ease round1 (v.+adv.)
绕过 turn gently in a circle ease sth ⇔ round
Turn the rudder slightly so that we can ease the boat round.慢慢掌舵,这样我们就能使船稳稳地拐过去。
Ease the boat round carefully, there's a strong wind.风太大,让船慢慢绕过去。
- 绕过 turn gently in a circle ease sth ⇔ round
- ease round2 (v.+prep.)
绕过 turn gently in a circle ease sth round sth
Turn the wheel slightly so that we can ease the car round the gateway.慢慢打方向盘,这样我们就能使车稳稳地拐过大门去。
This is a trick corner; we must ease the piano round it.这个拐角难拐,我们必须让钢琴慢慢绕过。
- 绕过 turn gently in a circle ease sth round sth
- ease to (v.+adv.)
改变方向 turn a boat towards the direction of the wind, so as to reduce the force of the wind on the sails ease to
The wind is too strong, we had better ease to.风太硬,我们最好调转船头。
- 改变方向 turn a boat towards the direction of the wind, so as to reduce the force of the wind on the sails ease to
- ease up (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 ease up常不用于进行体。
移动 move ease up
They eased up a bit to make room for those men without seats.他们移动了一下,腾出地方给那些没有座位的人坐。
Ask the children on the end to ease up, some more people want to sit down.让边上的孩子挪动一下,还有人要坐。
〈非正〉减轻; 放松 reduce; lighten ease up
It seemed the storm would never ease up.暴风雨似乎没有停的时候。
He refused to ease up the least bit, even though he was already tired.他虽然已经很累了,但他丝毫不放松自己的工作。
Recently I've been up to my ears in work, but I'll come and see you as soon as things ease up a bit.近来我忙得不可开交,但一有空就来看你。
My father had a hard life, and it's time he eased up a bit.我父亲一直过着艰苦的生活,现在是他舒适一下的时候了。
The pain began to ease up after she was given a sedative.给她吃了一片镇痛药后,她的疼痛开始减轻。
The situation should ease up now that the two sides are prepared to talk.既然双方准备会谈,局势就应该缓和了。ease up on sb/sth
The driver eased up on the accelerator.司机放松了加速器。
You should ease up on the child and stop scolding her.你应该对那个孩子放松点,不要再骂她了。
Come on, ease up on those kids a bit; they've had a hard day!得啦,对那些小家伙稍许宽容些吧,他们今天已够辛苦的了!
- with ease 轻易,毫不费劲
- ease labour 减轻劳动强度
- ease one's mind 使放心
- ease the pain 镇痛
- ease the speed of a boat 放慢船速
- ease tensions 缓和紧张关系〔局势〕
- ease apparently〔markedly〕 明显地减轻
- ease gracefully 适当地放松
- ease greatly 大大减轻
- ease partially 部分地减轻
- ease away (痛苦)减轻,松弛
- ease back 轻轻拉回
- ease down 放松,减慢,变慢
- ease off (局势)缓和
- ease out 解雇,使离任,放松
- ease round (把车、船等)轻轻转过来
- ease up 移动,放松,(疼痛)减轻,缓和
The ease, and benefit the Subjects may enjoy.出自：Hobbes
The portion which came..to Mrs. Jefferson..doubled the ease of our circumstances.出自：T. Jefferson
The driver..had got out to ease the horses.出自：E. M. Forster
at ease和at one's ease在作形容词短语时，解释为“没有拘束的，自在的”。
She is at (her) ease in speaking Franch.
The old couple live at ease.
at one's ease也可以解释为“安闲地”。
They sat side by side and talked at ease。
- ease用作名词时的意思是“安适,自在”,转化为动词后可作“使舒适,减轻; 放松,放宽”解。
- ease...of的意思是“解除”; ease off意思是“减轻,缓和”; ease out意思是“排挤,免除职务”; ease up意思是“移动,放松,减轻”。
- comfort console ease soothe relieve
错句：he was sitting in his chair with ease.
纠正：he was sitting in his chair at ease.
分析：分析了at ease与with ease的区别：前者是“安逸，自由自在”的意思，后者完全不同是“容易地，轻车熟路地”的意思。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古法语的aise，意为舒服，愉快。
- EASE:Electronic Assisted Solicitation Exchange电子辅助征集交流
- EASE:Enhanced Acoustic Simulator for Engineers增强的声学模拟器的工程师
- EASE:English Application Scripting Engine (Etelos Systems, Inc.)英语应用脚本引擎(Etelos系统。)
- ease:ease n. 安逸, 安心, 不费力, 悠闲vt. 使悠闲, 使安心, 减轻, 放松vi. 减弱, 减轻, 放松, 灵活地移动 英英解释:名词ease:1. freedom from difficu…