- 斗争， 搏斗，对抗，抗争，同...斗争
- vi. 斗争,奋斗,努力 fight; try to overcome difficulties, etc.; make great efforts
- [C] 打斗,搏斗,战斗,斗争 fight
- [S] [C] 努力,奋斗 great effort
- an energetic attempt to achieve something;
"getting through the crowd was a real struggle"
"he fought a battle for recognition"
- an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals);
"the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph"
"police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
- strenuous effort;
"the struggle to get through the crowd exhausted her"
- make a strenuous or labored effort;
"She struggled for years to survive without welfare"
"He fought for breath"
- to exert strenuous effort against opposition;
"he struggled to get free from the rope"
- climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight;
"the tribesmen fought each other"
"Siblings are always fighting"
"Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
- He struggled to control his temper.
- They should therefore unite to struggle together.
- People struggle at the dead-line.
- He gave up the struggle in despair.
- He came off very well in the struggle.
- After a long struggle, she gained control of the business.
The bandit struggled desperately.
He struggled to the surface as the water dragged him down.
It's hard to rescue drowning people because they struggle so much.
The wounded young man struggled to his feet.
The pony struggled and kicked.
Martin struggled in the dark, without advice, without encouragement.
He'd rather watch TV than pick up a paper and struggle through it.
Two boys are struggling together.
The two sisters struggled through the snowstorm.
She struggled forward for about half a mile.
They were struggling to get out of the broken car.
They struggle to build a more democratic society.
John struggled to pass his final examination.
He struggled to control his temper.
In the struggle to arrest the thief, the policeman's coat was torn.
The long struggle between the unions and the government may settle down into an uneasy peace.
Three people were hurt in the struggle.
We'll see the struggle against hegemonism through.
This is referred to as “the struggle for existence”.
A foreign language is a weapon in the struggle of life.
It was a hard struggle to get my work done in time.
It was a struggle for her to make him understand.
I had a struggle to make myself heard in all the noise.
His life was a hard struggle with sickness.
After a long struggle, she gained control of the business.
The victim put up a heroic struggle against his assailant.
He had lost his struggle to keep his job.
Only the united struggles of the people of the world can check aggression and save peace.
He said that whatever happened he would see the struggle through.
- struggle against (v.+prep.)
为反对…而斗争 oppose sth with difficulty struggle against sb/sth
He struggled against those who opposed his plan.他与那些反对他计划的人进行了斗争。
In Chinese history the peasants kept struggling against the rule of the feudal class.在中国历史上,农民不断地与封建阶级的统治作斗争。
What is the use of trying to struggle against the system?力图反对这种制度有什么用?
The swimmer struggled against the tide.游泳者逆流而上。
We must struggle against this prejudice for a more tolerant attitude to our beliefs.我们必须反对这种偏见,以争得对我们的信仰采取更为宽容的态度。
The workers have been struggling against bad conditions for too long.很久以来,工人们就在为反对恶劣的工作条件而进行斗争。
All his life he has been struggling against injustice.他一生与不公正现象作斗争。
- 为反对…而斗争 oppose sth with difficulty struggle against sb/sth
- struggle along1 (v.+adv.)
- 挣扎前进 move forward with difficultyThe poor old man was only just able to struggle along with the help of a stick.这可怜的老人拄着拐杖才能挣扎着行走。
- 艰难地生活 be able to live with difficultyWe struggled along for many years until things got better.在情况好转前,我们一直艰难地过了好多年。
- struggle along2 (v.+prep.)
挣扎着沿…前进 move forward along sth with difficulty struggle along sth
The old man struggled along the road to his home.老人挣扎着往家里走去。
- 挣扎着沿…前进 move forward along sth with difficulty struggle along sth
- struggle for (v.+prep.)
为…而斗争 try to obtain sth from sb with difficulty, as by fighting struggle for sth
The two men were struggling for the gun for several minutes.这两人为那支枪争夺了好几分钟。
The two men have been struggling for the leadership since last year.这两人从去年起一直在争当领导。
Most animals have to struggle for existence in a dangerous world.大多数动物得在一个充满危险的世界上为生存而竞争。
In the old days we had to struggle for our daily bread.在旧社会我们得为糊口而挣扎。
We should help those who are still struggling for liberation.我们应当帮助那些仍然为独立而斗争的人。
Our task is to struggle for the modernization of our industry, agriculture, national defence and science and technology.我们的任务是为实现工业、农业、国防和科学技术的现代化而斗争。
- 为…而斗争 try to obtain sth from sb with difficulty, as by fighting struggle for sth
- struggle in (v.+prep.)
在(某处)打架或挣扎 fight or make awkward movements in (sth such as a place or material) struggle in sth
I struggled in the snow, trying to make my way forward.我在雪地里挣扎着,想继续前进。
We all have to struggle in life.在生活中我们都得斗争。
- 在(某处)打架或挣扎 fight or make awkward movements in (sth such as a place or material) struggle in sth
- struggle on (v.+adv.)
挣扎着(生活)下去 continue to live although with difficulty struggle on
Life was harsh for the first settlers in America , but they struggled on.对于第一批定居美洲大陆的人们来说,生活是非常艰苦的,但他们设法坚持了下来。
Whatever the trouble is, we have to struggle on with our lives, we have no choice.不管有多难,我们也得挣扎着活下去,除此别无选择。
It's not easy for him to study a foreign language at such an advanced age, but he struggles on.他这么大岁数还学习外语,不是件容易的事,但他还是坚持下来了。
- 挣扎着(生活)下去 continue to live although with difficulty struggle on
- struggle out (v.+adv.)
挣扎着出来〔去〕 leave a place with difficulty struggle out of sth
One by one, the insects struggled out of the smoke-filled hole.一个接一个的虫子从满是浓烟的洞里挣扎着爬出来。
She struggled out of the net which had trapped her.她从陷入的网中挣扎出来。
- 挣扎着出来〔去〕 leave a place with difficulty struggle out of sth
- struggle with (v.+prep.)
与…打架,与…斗争fight with sb/sth struggle with sb/sth
The shopkeeper struggled with the thief.店主与小偷搏斗。
Don't struggle with a man who attacks you, you've no hope of winning and it will only make matters worse.如果有人打你,你不要和他打,你没有打赢的希望,只会把事情弄得更糟。
He struggled with his assailants and eventually drove them off.他同攻击者搏斗,最终将他们赶走了。
The dog struggled fiercely with the wild cat.狗和野猫猛烈厮打。
All his life he has been struggling with illness.他的一生都在与疾病作斗争。
在内心与(自己,自己的良心等)进行斗争 have an inner battle with (oneself, one's conscience, etc.) struggle with oneself/sth
After struggling with myself for some days,I decided to accept his offer.经过好几天的思想斗争,我决定接受他的求婚。
You could almost see him struggling with his conscience before he chose to tell the truth.在他最后决定说出实情前,你简直能看见他内心在激烈地斗争。
- 与…打架,与…斗争fight with sb/sth struggle with sb/sth
- struggle bravely 勇敢地斗争
- struggle desperately 拼命地斗争,绝望地挣扎
- struggle furiously 激烈地搏斗
- struggle successfully 成功地作斗争
- struggle wildly 疯狂地挣扎
- struggle on 勉强支持下去,竭力维持下去
- struggle against 与…作斗争
- struggle against difficulties 同困难斗争
- struggle against tyranny 与暴政作斗争
- struggle for 为…而斗争
- struggle for a living 为生计而挣扎
- struggle for freedom 为自由而斗争
- struggle for independence 为独立而奋斗
- struggle for recognition 为获得承认而奋斗
- struggle in sb's arms (小孩)在母亲怀里挣扎
- struggle through the snowstorm 冒着暴风雪行进
- struggle to one's feet 挣扎着站起来
- struggle with 与…作斗争
- carry on a struggle 进行斗争
- go on the struggle 坚持斗争
- lead the struggle 领导斗争
- put up a struggle 进行斗争
- wage a struggle 进行斗争
- bitter struggle 艰苦的斗争
- ceaseless struggle 不停的斗争
- desperate struggle 垂死挣扎
- dying struggle 垂死挣扎
- fierce struggle 激烈的斗争
- frantic struggle 疯狂的挣扎
- internecine struggle 自相残杀的斗争
- life-and-death struggle 生死斗争
- unending struggle 不停的斗争
- unrelenting struggle 不屈不挠的斗争
- violent struggle 激烈的斗争
- class struggle 阶级斗争
Exhausted by the struggle between ecstasy and remorse.出自：P. P. Read
Arguments and power struggles with my boss.出自：H. S. Strean
A struggle ensued and a..trooper was shot.出自：Spin
They were policemen and Maria was struggling with them as they dragged her over.出自：J. T. Story
- struggle是不及物动词,与介词against连用,表示“同与之对立或对抗的人或物进行斗争”; 与介词for连用,表示“为…而斗争”。
- struggle的基本意思是“斗争”,表示抽象的行为,用作不可数名词; 表示具体的“打斗,搏斗,战斗,斗争”时,可用作可数名词。
- struggle against, struggle with
这两者都有“反抗”的意思。其区别是：struggle against指在艰苦的环境下奋起反抗或斗争; struggle with指试图控制或征服对方。
- struggle, fight
这两个词都有“斗争”的意思。其区别在于:fight的含义具体,也可指为某一目标而斗争,但多指真刀真枪地搏斗; struggle的含义抽象,指在逆境中拼搏,以期达到某种目的。例如:We must struggle difficulties.我们必须与困难作斗争。Martin struggled in the dark, without advice, without encouragement.马丁在黑暗中挣扎,没有人给他出主意,没有人给他鼓励。
- battle war campaign struggle warfare fight combat engagement
误 They struggled to hunger and passed the hardship.
正 They struggled against hunger and passed the hardship.
析 struggle against是固定用法,意为“和…斗争,苦斗”,其中against不能改为to。
误 The cat made struggle to get free.
正 The cat made a struggle to get free.
误 What is work?Work is a struggle.
正 What is work?Work is struggle.
误 In the struggle of arresting the thief the policeman's coat was torn.
正 In the struggle to arrest the thief the policeman's coat was torn.
析 当 struggle 为名词作“战斗”或“斗争”解时,它后面往往跟动词不定式作定语,不用“of+ v -ing”的形式。
误 Religion and science have been in constant struggle for thousands of years.
正 Religion and science have been in constant conflict for thousands of years.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古北欧语的stugrr，意为恶意。
- struggle:struggle n. 竞争, 努力, 奋斗vi. 努力, 奋斗, 挣扎vt. 尽力使得, 使劲移动习惯用语ding-dong struggle 旗鼓相当的竞争; 不相上下的竞争life-and-de…