- v. 检查；视察
- vt. 检查,视察 examine (sth) closely; visit (sth) officially to see that rules are obeyed, that work is done properly, etc.
look over carefully;
"Please inspect your father's will carefully"
come to see in an official or professional capacity;
"The governor visited the prison"
"The grant administrator visited the laboratory"
examine carefully for accuracy with the intent of verification;
"audit accounts and tax returns"
- Police were called out to keep at the airport, and inspect the arriving planes.
- It was strange that nobody inspected my ticket before I got on the train.
- Customs officers inspect our baggage.
- The government sent him to inspect our school.
- The stewards will inspect the course to see if racing is possible.
- The customs officer inspected my passport suspiciously.
- The patrolman is inspecting the vehicular traffic.
- I inspected these photographs of the two murder weapons.
- The veteran worker cautioned me not to inspect the machine without turning off power.
- Let's go and inspect the damage.
- The visiting president inspected the troops.
- A man came to inspect our school yesterday.
- He inspected the new power station.
- All factories and mines are inspected by government officials.
- inspect the barracks 视察营房
- inspect the damage 检查损失情况
- inspect factories and all sorts of public buildings 检查各个工厂及所有的公共建筑
- inspect the machine 检查机器
- inspect the munitions factory 视察兵工厂
- inspect the new power station 视察新发电厂
- inspect the passport 检查护照
- inspect the photographs 检查照片
- inspect a school 视察学校
- inspect the troops 检阅部队
- inspect the vehicular traffic 检查过往车辆
- inspect authoritatively 权威地视察
- inspect calmly 悄悄地视察
- inspect casually 偶尔视察
- inspect cautiously〔prudently〕 谨慎地视察
- inspect cheerfully 兴致勃勃地视察
- inspect confidentially 秘密地视察
- inspect conspicuously 引人注目地视察
- inspect convincingly 令人信服地视察
- inspect disinterestedly 无私地视察
- inspect earnestly 非常认真地视察
- inspect emphatically 重点视察
- inspect extemporaneously 临时地视察
- inspect fastidiously 挑剔地视察
- inspect fatally 决定命运地视察
- inspect gravely 严肃地视察
- inspect impartially 公正地视察
- inspect inconceivably 难以置信地视察
- inspect injudiciously 不公道地视察
- inspect needlessly 不必要地视察
- inspect prematurely 提前视察
- inspect reasonably 合理地视察
- inspect rigidly 严格视察
- inspect periodically 周期性地视察
- inspect purposely 有目的地视察
- inspect satisfactorily 满意地视察
- inspect speciously〔spectacularly〕 特别地视察
- inspect studiously 小心视察
- inspect successfully 成功地视察
- inspect superficially 表面上视察
- inspect symbolically 象征性地视察
He leaned over and inspected the sacking closely.出自： J. Steinbeck
Prisoners were obliged to stand by their beds while they were inspected by two officers.出自： M. Scammell
Planning applications..are kept by the council, and you have the right to inspect them.出自：Which?
- inspect, examine, investigate, scrutinize
- 这四个词均有“检查”“审查”的含义。它们之间的区别是:examine为最普通的用语,可指任何方式地、粗略或仔细地检查; inspect和scrutinize都有仔细检查的含义,前者强调通过检查找出缺点或漏洞,后者强调在检查时注意细节的审视。另外examine, inspect, scrutinize既可用于人,又可用于物,而investigate只能用于表示对情况、事态等的调查或检查。试体会下例中这四个词的运用:The detective investigating the murder case examined the body, inspected the scene of the crime, and scrutinized the weapon for clues.正在调查这一谋杀案的侦探检查了尸体,察看了犯罪现场,并仔细检查了凶器以寻找线索。