- [C] 访问,参观,游览,逗留 act or period of visiting; temporary stay
- [C] 聊天,谈话 chat or talk
- vt. & vi. 访问; 探望; 参观; 游览 go or come to see (a person or place) as an act of friendship or ceremony, on business or for a purpose, or from interest
- vt. & vi. 在…逗留 stay in (a place) or with (a person) for a time
- vt. & vi. 侵袭 (of disease, calamity) attack; come upon
- vi. 叙谈; 闲谈 talk; chat
- the act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time;
"he dropped by for a visit"
- a meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone (such as a doctor or lawyer) for treatment or advice;
"he scheduled a visit to the dentist"
- the act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection)
- the act of going to see some person in a professional capacity;
"a visit to the dentist"
- a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
- go to see a place, as for entertainment;
"We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- go to certain places as for sightseeing;
"Did you ever visit Paris?"
- pay a brief visit;
"The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
- come to see in an official or professional capacity;
"The governor visited the prison"
"The grant administrator visited the laboratory"
- impose something unpleasant;
"The principal visited his rage on the students"
- talk socially without exchanging too much information;
"the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- stay with as a guest;
"Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month"
"He was visited with a terrible illness that killed him quickly"
- I'm going to visit my aunt for a few days.
- I'll visit him tomorrow if weather permits.
- If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we will visit the Great Wall.
- Please stay and visit with me for a while.
- He will pay a visit to his wife's parents.
- If it rains tomorrow, we will have to put off the visit to the Summer Palace.
- We had a nice visit on the phone.
When he was on a visit to Beijing, he went to visit the Great Wall.
It is really a place worthy of a visit.
I don't feel our visit really accomplished anything.
He made a visit to the well-known artist as soon as he got to Paris.
I'll make a visit to him if I have time.
I paid a visit to Mr. Brown yesterday afternoon.
I'll pay you a visit when I have time.
They surprised us with a sudden visit.
I've decided to delay my visit to my parents' home.
Did you pay a visit to the leaning tower in Pisa while you were in Italy?
During our visit to London we often went to the theatre.
They went on a visit to the seaside.
We don't live here; we're only on a visit.
We had a nice visit on the phone.
They are visiting in Shanghai.
“Do you live in this town?”“No, we're only visiting.”
He is visiting at a hotel nearby.
They always visit at the White Cloud Hotel when they are in Guangzhou.
The doctor is out for visiting.
Let's sit here and visit together for a while.
He visited us next day and asked if we had got home safe.
We visited our uncle last week.
Many tourists visit China every year.
During their stay in China, they visited Beijing University.In addition they went to the Great Wall.
I'm very happy to have a chance to visit your school.
She visited a colleague for a week at his home.
Uncle usually visits us for two or three weeks in the spring.
Many migratory birds visit this lake annually.
The doctor visited his patients at their homes at regular intervals.
The inspector visited the factory.
Officers of public health visit restaurant and hotel kitchens regularly.
We won a bumper harvest as usual though a drought had visited our field.
The plague visited London in 1665.
He is often visited by his students.
This museum is visited by thousands of people every day.
The schools are regularly visited by officials from the Ministry of Education.
Unfortunately, he was visited by a severe illness.
The place was recently visited by a serious volcanic eruption.
- visit on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
对…进行惩罚 give punishment for sth to sb visit sth on〔upon〕 sb
He visited his anger on his wife.他迁怒于他的妻子。
Don't visit the sins of the parents on the children.不要因父母的过错而惩罚孩子。
God visited everlasting grief upon her.上帝使她悲痛不已。
The court visits all costs upon them.法院要他们负担全部费用。
- 对…进行惩罚 give punishment for sth to sb visit sth on〔upon〕 sb
- visit with (v.+prep.)
去某人处闲谈 talk socially with sb on short visit visit with sb
Please stay and visit with me for a while.请呆会儿跟我聊聊。
He is visiting with a friend on the telephone.他正与一个朋友在电话中交谈。
She loves visiting with her neighbours and having a good gossip.她喜爱与邻居交谈,痛痛快快地闲聊。
She is visiting with her parents.她在与她父母交谈。
- 去某人处闲谈 talk socially with sb on short visit visit with sb
- abbreviate visit 缩短访问时间
- cancel a visit 取消一次访问
- close visit 结束访问
- conclude visit 结束访问
- cut short one's visit 缩短访问时间
- exchange visits 互访
- expect a visit 期待访问
- extend visit 延长访问
- give a visit 访问,参观
- have a visit 访问,拜访,参观
- make a visit 拜访,访问,参观
- pay a visit 拜访,访问,参观
- plan visit 计划访问
- receive a visit 接受访问
- reciprocate visit 互访
- repay a visit 回访
- return a visit 回访
- postpone visit 推迟访问
- terminate visit 结束访问
- welcome sb's visit 欢迎某人来访
- agreeable visit 愉快的访问
- approaching visit 即将到来的访问
- brief visit 短期访问
- business visit 公务访问
- casual visit 临时性的访问
- chance visit 纯属偶然的访问
- comfortable visit 舒适的访问
- cool visit 不太友好的访问
- delightful visit 愉快的访问
- distinguished visit 著名的访问
- doubtful visit 未定局的访问
- dramatic visit 戏剧性的访问
- farewell visit 辞行
- flying visit 匆忙的访问
- formal visit 正式访问
- frequent visit 经常的访问
- friendly visit 友好访问
- gentle visit 有礼貌的拜访
- goodwill visit 友好访问
- happy visit 愉快的访问
- impending visit 即将到来的访问
- imperial visit 隆重的访问
- informal visit 非正式访问
- intended visit 预期的访问
- little visit 短时间访问
- long visit 长时间的访问
- meditated visit 精心计划的访问
- occasional visit 偶尔拜访
- official visit 正式访问
- personal visit 私人访问
- pleasant visit 愉快的访问
- pop visit 短期访问
- quiet visit 静悄悄的访问
- regular visit 定期访问
- short visit 短期访问
- social visit 社交性访问
- untimely visit 不合时宜的访问
- unwelcome visit 不受欢迎的访问
- group visit 团体参观
- holiday visit 假日访问
- inspection visit 视察访问
- school visit (师范生)见习,(学生)校外参观
- state visit 国事访问
- surprise visit 突然来访
- visit a colleague 在一同事家作客
- visit a fair 参观博览会
- visit a solicitor 找律师谈
- visit an art gallery 参观美术馆
- visit an old friend 访故友
- visit one's patients 为病人出诊
- visit one's relatives 走亲戚
- visit shops 逛商店
- visit the factory 参观这家工厂
- visit the family 降临这个家庭
- visit agreeably 令人愉快地访问
- visit annually 每年作短暂逗留
- visit ceremoniously 礼节性地看望
- visit cordially 友善地访问
- visit courteously 殷勤看望
- visit customarily 例行公事地视察
- visit habitually 经常拜望
- visit largely 参观的人很多
- visit periodically 周期性地逗留
- visit regularly 定期巡查
- visit seasonally 季节性逗留
- visit sparsely 参观的人寥寥无几
- visit surreptitiously 鬼鬼祟祟地逗留
He'd been put to bed early, exhausted after a visit from Konstantin.出自：D. M. Thomas
She has been known to pay a flying visit to Paris just to see a movie.出自：Times Educational Supplement
For He..Shall visit earth in Mercy.出自：W. Cowper
- visit, call, drop in, see
这组词均有“拜访”之意。它们之间的区别是:1.从语气上说:visit是正式用语; call比较正式; drop in则是日常用语,有“顺便”“不定期”的意味; see一般用于亲友间的访问。例如:The foreign delegation is visiting in Beijing.外国代表团正在北京访问。The Britain Ambassador called on Premier Zhou Enlai yesterday.英国大使昨天拜会了周恩来总理。He sometimes drops in to see me in the evening.他有时晚上来看我。I'll go to see my parents tomorrow.明天我要去看望父母。2.在使用场合上:call和visit都可用于社交和公务,但医生到病人家出诊则要用visit。例如:I visited〔called〕 on the foreign guests yesterday.昨天我走访了外国客人。In China, restaurant and hotel kitchens are visited〔called〕 on regularly by officers of public health.在中国,卫生人员经常检查饭店和旅馆的厨房。The doctor is out.He went to visit an emergency case.医生不在。他有急病号,出诊去了。3.call的时间一般都很短暂,而visit逗留的时间则较长。试比较以下两个句子:
4.visit在英国较少用,一般情况下都用call。如果用了visit,则含有“逗留几天”或“出于公务〔职务〕的要求”的意思。5.社交场合用的“名片”英美说法不同。美国称calling card,英国称visiting card。
- I shall call on you this afternoon.
- When he visited us last year he told us a story every evening.
- 去年他来我们这儿作客时,每晚都给 我们讲一个故事。
- ☆ 13世纪初期英入进语，直接源自古法语的visiter；最初源自古典拉丁语的visitare，意为看，检查。
- VISIT:Virtual Institute for Satellite Integration and Training (US National Weather Service)虚拟研究所(卫星集成和培训的国家气象服务)
- VISIT:VERDIN/ISABPS/SSIXS Integrated TelecommunicationsVERDIN / ISABPS / SSIXS综合电讯服务
- VISIT:Virtual Interactive Shipboard Instructional Tour (Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division)虚拟交互海船教育之旅(海军空军中心培训系统)
- visit:定义：一次页面阅览就是一次页面的下载，访问者成功地阅览到页面应该在他的浏览器上完整地看到该页面。 度量方法：一次浏览器请求即可算作一次页面阅览。 评论：以一次浏览器的请求算作一次页面阅览并不是完…