- [C] 商店,店铺 building or room where goods or services are sold to the public
- [C] 工厂,车间 place where things are manufactured or repaired
- [C] 办事处,机构,企业 place of business; institution; establishment
- vi. & vt. (到…)去买东西〔购物〕 visit or go to a shop or shops to buy sth
- vt. 告发 give information about (sb), especially to the police
- a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services;
"he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity);
"I built a birdhouse in shop"
- do one's shopping;
"She goes shopping every Friday"
- do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- shop around; not necessarily buying;
"I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
- give away information about somebody;
"He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
- The local dress shop is having a sale.
- The dresses in the shop are priced high.
- That shop has a large connection.
- I saw both of them at work in the shop.
- Women in general like to shop for new clothes.
- I usually go shopping on Sundays.
- I have 3 days free. I'm going to HK to shop.
- I believe that it will be easier to shop online in the future.
- My mother was out shopping.
This is the only shop in the village community.
We go to a shop to buy things.
He found he could make no money as a writer so he decided to open a shop.
The shops in town close at five o'clock.
She often browses in dress shops during her lunch hour.
He worked in a carpenter's shop.
I want this shop to run as smoothly as possible.
The director's office is a smooth running shop.
Do you like shopping?
I always shop in that grocery store.
I usually shop on Saturdays.
Someone has stolen her purse while she was shopping.
We shopped all morning for new coats.
We shopped all the main shops.
The gang leader was shopped by one of the robbers.
- all over the shop
纷乱,零乱; 到处 in great disorder; scattered everywhere; everywhere
Don't leave your things all over the shop, put them away in the cupboard. 不要把你的东西到处乱放,把它们收拾好,放在橱柜内。
I've looked for it all over the shop. 我到处都找过了。
I've been all over the shop trying to find that pen. 我一直在找那支钢笔。
- 纷乱,零乱; 到处 in great disorder; scattered everywhere; everywhere
- set up shop
开店,开业 start a business
She set up shop as a bookseller in Beijing. 她在北京开了一家书店。
I've decided to set up shop as a consultant. 我决定开办一家咨询公司。
- 开店,开业 start a business
- shut up shop
停止工作 stop working
It's getting late, let's shut up shop and finish the job tomorrow. 天快黑了,让我们停止吧,明天再把它干完。
The shop has been shut up temporarily. 这家商店临时停业了。
- 停止工作 stop working
- talk shop
谈本行的事 talk about one's work
As they were all school-teachers, they began to talk shop. 因为他们都是教师,于是他们开始谈起本行的事情来。
- 谈本行的事 talk about one's work
- go shopping
去买东西 exchange sth with money
Why don't you go shopping tomorrow? 为什么你明天不去买东西呢?
I'm going shopping at the supermarket. 我打算去超级市场购物。
- 去买东西 exchange sth with money
- shop around (v.+adv.)
仔细寻找 search carefully for goods that are the best value or the best services, etc. shop around
I shopped around till I got what I wanted at a price I could afford.我在商店里到处寻找才买到了我所需要又能买得起的东西。
People must shop around for the best school for their children.人们都要为子女找最好的学校。
- 仔细寻找 search carefully for goods that are the best value or the best services, etc. shop around
- close a shop 闭店
- close down shop 停业,关闭商店
- equip a shop 装备商店
- expand a shop 扩大商店
- keep a shop 开店,经营商店
- manage a shop 经营商店
- open (up) a shop 开店,开业
- operate a shop 经营商店
- own a shop 经营一个店
- run a shop 经营商店
- set up shop 开店
- shut down shop 闭店,歇业
- shut up shop 关门,歇业
- start a shop 开始营业
- cut the shop 不再谈论本行业务
- talk shop 说行话
- duty-free shop 免税商店
- exclusive shop 唯一的商店
- expensive shop 高价商店,高档品商店
- fashionable shop 时髦的商店
- nearby shop 附近的商店
- small shop 小店
- closed shop 只雇用工会会员的工厂
- open shop 雇用工会会员及非工会会员的工厂
- arts and crafts shop 工艺美术商店
- barber shop 理发店
- beauty shop 美容院
- beer shop 啤酒店
- betting shop 赛马场外的下注站
- blacksmith shop 铁匠铺
- body shop 出售香皂等清洁用品的商店
- book shop 书店
- camera shop 照相馆
- clothing shop 服装店
- coffee shop 咖啡店
- dress shop 服装店
- food shop 食品店
- fruit shop 水果店
- general shop 杂货店
- gift shop 礼品店
- meat shop 肉店
- men's wear shop 男子用品商店
- milk shop 乳品店
- paint shop 油漆行
- print shop 印刷所
- repair shop 修理店
- retail shop 零售店
- shoe shop 鞋店
- sports shop 体育用品商店
- sweet shop 糖果店
- tea shop 茶馆
- toy shop 玩具店
- variety shop 杂货店
- book-seller's shop 书店
- butcher's shop 肉店
- chemist's shop 药铺
- draper's shop 布店
- tailor's shop 裁缝店
- women's wear shop 妇女服装店
- assembly shop 装配车间
- machine shop 金工车间,机械工厂
- repair shop 修理工厂
- union shop 只雇用工会会员和即将加入工会的工人的工厂
- work shop 车间
- shop around 仔细寻找
Souvenir shops whose mementoes surpass anything I have seen..for sheer vapidity.出自：S. J. Perelman
A MUGGER was jailed..after being shopped by his mother.出自：Daily Mirror
- 在口语里, shop可作“工厂,车间,作坊”解,尤用于构成复合词。
- shop, department store, store
这组词都可表示“商店”。其区别在于:shop在英国一般指零售商店,在美国还指专卖店,即出售固定商品的门市部; store为美国用词,指零售商店,其复数stores则指百货商店,相当于英式英语中的department store。例如:By the end of the year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.到年底,那个种子、粮食小店的生意有了相当大的发展。She bought the sofa at the stores.她在百货公司买了这沙发。I do all my shopping at that department store.我什么都在那家百货商店买。
- He keeps shop for his uncle.
- He keeps a shop in town.
误 The ladies retired to leave the men to talk.
正 The ladies retired to leave the men to talk shop.
析 talk通常指一般性的谈话,而talk shop通常指“谈论与职业有关的事”。
误 Let's go to shop tomorrow, shall we?
正 Let's go shopping tomorrow, shall we?
析 表示“去购物”,通常应说go shopping。类似的用法还有 go swimming(去游泳), go hunting(去打猎), go fishing(去钓鱼), go bathing(去游泳)等。
误 I shopped around a gift for a friend.
正 I shopped around for a gift for a friend.
析 表示“到商店里为的是选购…”可说shop around for sth。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scopa，意为牛棚。
- shop:shop n. 商店, 店铺vi. 买东西, 购货 英英解释:名词shop:1. a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or…