- n. 责任；电荷；指控；费用；照顾
- vi. 要价；充电；向前冲，冲锋；记在账上
- vt. 控诉；赊帐；给…充电；委以重任；归罪于；装填（炸药等）
- <美俚> 快感，刺激；性兴奋
- <美俚> 一服(或一针) 麻醉药；大麻烟卷
- 收费，索价， 对…索费
- vt. 命令,委托 instruct or command; give as a duty or responsibility
- vt. & vi. 收费,要价 ask a account as a price
- vt. 控告 accuse sb of sth formally in a court of a law
- vi. & vt. 进攻 run forward and attack
- [C]指责,指控,控告 claim that a person has done wrong, especially a formal claim that he has committed a crime; accusation
- [C]猛攻 rushing violent attack by soldiers, wild animals, footballers, etc.
- [C]费用 price asked for goods or services
- [U]掌管,照管 responsible possession; care
- [C]指示,命令 instructions; directions
an impetuous rush toward someone or something;
"the wrestler's charge carried him past his adversary"
"the battle began with a cavalry charge"
(criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense;
"he was arrested on a charge of larceny"
the price charged for some article or service;
"the admission charge"
the quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body (either positive or negative) and construed as an excess or deficiency of electrons;
"the battery needed a fresh charge"
attention and management implying responsibility for safety;
"he is in the care of a bodyguard"
a special assignment that is given to a person or group;
"a confidential mission to London"
"his charge was deliver a message"
a person committed to your care;
"the teacher led her charges across the street"
financial liabilities (such as a tax);
"the charges against the estate"
(psychoanalysis) the libidinal energy invested in some idea or person or object;
"Freud thought of cathexis as a psychic analog of an electrical charge"
the swift release of a store of affective force;
"they got a great bang out of it"
"what a boot!"
"he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"
"he does it for kicks"
request for payment of a debt;
"they submitted their charges at the end of each month"
a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something;
"the judge's charge to the jury"
an assertion that someone is guilty of a fault or offence;
"the newspaper published charges that Jones was guilty of drunken driving"
heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time;
"this cartridge has a powder charge of 50 grains"
to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle;
"he saw Jess charging at him with a pitchfork"
blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against;
"he charged the director with indifference"
"Will I get charged for this service?"
"We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
move quickly and violently;
"The car tore down the street"
"He came charging into my office"
assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to;
"He was appointed deputy manager"
"She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
file a formal charge against;
"The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
make an accusatory claim;
"The defense attorney charged that the jurors were biased"
fill or load to capacity;
"charge the wagon with hay"
enter a certain amount as a charge;
"he charged me $15"
cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution;
"After the second episode, she had to be committed"
"he was committed to prison"
give over to another for care or safekeeping;
"consign your baggage"
pay with a credit card; pay with plastic money; postpone payment by recording a purchase as a debt;
"Will you pay cash or charge the purchase?"
lie down on command, of hunting dogs
cause to be agitated, excited, or roused;
"The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
place a heraldic bearing on;
"charge all weapons, shields, and banners"
provide (a device) with something necessary;
"He loaded his gun carefully"
"load the camera"
direct into a position for use;
"point a gun"
"He charged his weapon at me"
impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to;
"He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
instruct (a jury) about the law, its application, and the weighing of evidence
instruct or command with authority;
"The teacher charged the children to memorize the poem"
attribute responsibility to;
"We blamed the accident on her"
"The tragedy was charged to her inexperience"
set or ask for a certain price;
"How much do you charge for lunch?"
"This fellow charges $100 for a massage"
cause formation of a net electrical charge in or on;
"charge a conductor"
energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to discharge;
"I need to charge my car battery"
"The room was charged with tension and anxiety"
- As group leader, you should take charge.
- He was arrested on a charge of armed robbery.
- Rub the leather and the rubber will produce the charge.
- He was arrested on a charge of armed robbery.
- The extra charge is for the water bed.
- The nurse is in charge of the patients.
- How much do you charge per unit?
- The suspect was charged with murdering his wife.
- Please charge these bills to my account.
- He forgot to charge the battery.
- She was charged with an important mission.
- The troops charged and retreated and charged again.
- We charged and the enemy's front line fell back.
- I am going to charge a new dress, and pay for it at the end of the month.
- The cavalry charged the hostile fort.
- Charge your glass and drink to his health.
- She charged that he had stolen her car.
- All the staff-members charged that the earned incomes were not distributed upon the principle of equality.
- The king charged that his minister had disobeyed instructions.
- When I used his telephone, he charged me nothing.
- The bank charged me 25% interest on the loan.
- They charge the wine importers a heavy tax.
- ABC charged advertisers 235,000 dollars a minute.
- He charged me to send the letter.
- I charged her to take my books.
- On what charges do you arrest him?
- She was expelled from the company on a charge that she had committed shoplifting.
- They convicted him of a charge of forgery.
- He freed himself of the charge of stealing.
- He was arrested on a charge of having infringed the law.
- He was tried on a charge of murder.
- Smith was arrested on the charge of theft.
- These youngsters were arrested on the charge of robbery.
- The troops mounted one charge after the other.
- The charge was repulsed.
- He was at the head of his platoon in every charge.
- He ducked to evade the beast's desperate charge.
- Doctors and nurses have charge of sick people.
- He assumed full charge of the business of the company.
- The company used to be in his direct charge.
- In many countries people get medical treatment free of charge.
- Gasoline can be obtained on a reasonable charge.
- The charges for electricity and gas will be increased next year.
- She hadn't got the coins for the phone box, so she had to reverse the charges.
- He got this book free of charge.
- They made me bear all travelling charges.
- The charge for board and lodging at that hotel is quite reasonable.
- The corporation should pay for my hotel charges.
- What is the charge for a day at that fashionable London Hotel?
- An additional charge is made for heavy bags.
- Each passenger is allowed 30 pounds of luggage free of charge.
- An electron has a negative charge, a proton has a positive charge.
- Once inside the Oval Office,Teng seemed completely comfortable and confident and very much in charge, according to an eyewitness.
- I accepted my mother's charge to take good care of my baby sister.
- The nurse was given charge over the probationers.
- My uncle gave me charge of his old house in the country.
- Some trees and flowers are to be planted in the garden, and I was looking for someone to put in charge.
- Some new houses are to be built, and they were looking for someone to put in charge.
- charge against (v.+prep.)
归咎于 blame sth on sb
- charge at (v.+prep.)
向…袭击; 扑向 make a headlong attack toward
charge at sb
You should have seen me run when that wolf charged at me!
The player charged at his opponent, making him drop the ball.
The wounded lion suddenly charged at me.
- charge down (v.+adv.)
〈主美〉把…记账 record sth to one's debt
When Mother returned from the hospital, the children charged down to meet her.
母亲出院回来时,孩子们跑上前迎接她。charge down on sb
The cavalry charged down on the defenceless villagers.
骑兵向手无寸铁的村民们冲了过去。charge sth ⇔ down
Charge the goods down to my account.
- charge for (v.+prep.)
要价,收费 ask for payment
charge for sth
Do you charge for the use of the telephone?
Plumbers charge by the hour for their work.
Hotels charge for services.
Is entrance charged for?
入场要收费吗?charge sb/sth for sb/sth
What do you charge for a bottle of brandy?
Did he charge anything for the use of the copy machine?
We don't charge anything for that.
The hotel charges thirty-five dollars a day for this room.
The airline charges half-price for students.
They charged Brown for that broken window.
I've been charged too much for these vegetables.
He was charged heavily for it.
他为此支付了一大笔钱。charge sth for v-ing
I don't know how much they charge for washing a car.
How much do you charge for mending a pair of shoes?
补一双鞋要多少钱?charge sb sth for v-ing
She charged me two dollars for fixing my watch.
He charged me three yuan for taking my bag to the station.
How much will you charge me for repairing my bike?
- charge into (v.+prep.)
冲进; 撞上 rush into a room, object, etc.
charge into sth
I charged into a doorpost and hurt my head.
The children charged into the house to greet their grandmother.
In the enemy confusion our fighters charged into the block-houses.
They took off their padded coats and charged into the tunnel, armed with crowbars and dynamite.
- charge off (v.+adv.)
〈美·非正〉把…归因于 consider sth to be the result of sth
charge sth ⇔ off
The firm had to charge off the debt as hopeless.
The store owner charged off all of the last season's stock of suits.
店主把上一季度盘存的全部服装作为损耗在账上注销。charge sth ⇔ off to sth
He charged off the mistake to inexperience.
The director thinks that the firm can charge off its success to his leadership.
- charge on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
出一笔钱 take a sum from an amount of money
charge sth on〔upon〕 sb
They charged the accident on him.
他们把那个事故归咎于他。charge sth on〔upon〕 sth
Buyers charged 8% sales tax on all goods.
30% is charged on the first part of your taxable income.
- charge out (v.+adv.)
冲出来 rush out
charge out of sth
The children charged out of school.
He charged out of the door without a word.
他一句话没说跑出屋去。charge out into sth
The bull charged out into the sunlight of the arena.
- charge to (v.+prep.)
委托于; 归咎于 consider sth to be the result of sb
- charge up1 (v.+prep.)
向…冲锋 move to attack
charge up sth
The enemy repeatedly charged up the mountain, attempting to knock us out.
- charge up2 (v.+adv.)
为…充电 provide an electrical charge for
The boy charged up and asked for an ice cream.
这个男孩跑上来，要了一份冰淇淋。charge sth ⇔ up
I'll charge the expenses up.
Please charge the meal up to the company.
请把这顿饭记到公司的账上。charge sth ⇔ up
The man in the garage said he would charge up my car battery.
- charge with (v.+prep.)
充满 be filled with
- bring a charge (of sth) against
正式控告(某人) formally accuse sb of a crime, etc.
- charge account
赊账 an account with a shop which allows one to take goods at once and pay for them later
- face a charge〔charges〕
出庭回答某人的控告 be forced to appear in court accused of sth
- in charge of
负责 responsible for
- in the charge of〔in sb's charge〕
受管理 in the care of sb
- take charge of
控制,掌管,承担责任 take control of sth; become responsible for sth
- trump up a charge
虚构罪名 invent an accusation
- charge a camera 给相机装胶卷
- charge a fire hose 给救火水管注水
- charge a fountain pen 给自来水笔注墨水
- charge a gun 给枪炮装填弹药
- charge a storage battery 给蓄电池充电
- charge one's failure 责备某人的失败
- charge one's mind 充实某人的头脑
- charge ten dollars 收价十美元
- charge double 加倍收费
- charge high 要高价
- charge low 卖低价
- charge easily 容易充电
- charge heavily 支付一大笔钱
- charge off 注销损失,报损
- charge against sb 指控某人
- charge at 冲向…
- charge for 收…费
- charge for the book 收书费
- charge sb a price for his purchase 要求某人付购物款
- charge into 冲进…
- charge into a room 冲进房间
- charge out of 冲出…
- charge to 记入…的借项
- charge to sb's account 记入某人的账下
- charge with 使充满…,使负担,使承担罪名,使受责备
- charge oneself with 承担责任
- charge oneself with an important task 自己承担重要任务
- charge sb with carelessness 归咎某人大意
- charge sb with theft 控告某人行窃
- charge the stomach with food 胃里填满了食物
- admit a charge 认罪
- bear the charge 负担费用
- cook up a charge 捏造罪名
- dismiss a charge 驳回一项指控
- drop a charge 撤回指控
- face a charge 面对别人的指责,出庭面对指控
- fight off a charge 击退冲锋
- increase the charge 提高价钱
- make a charge 收费
- pay the charges 付费用
- prefer charges 提出控告
- press charges 提出控告
- set off a charge 引爆炸药
- sound the charge 吹冲锋号
- throw out a charge 驳回一项指控
- admission charge 入学〔入会费〕
- carrying charge 资产持有费用(如税款等),(分期付款购物的)附加价格
- cover charge (饭店等的)服务费
- depth charge 深水炸弹
- electric charge 电荷
- hotel charges 旅馆费用
- service charge 服务费
- be in charge of 主管…,负责…
- on a charge of 以…罪名
- on a charge of embezzlement 以挪用公款罪名
- on various charges 以不同的罪名
The village was selfishly concerned that the baby should not be abandoned there, as a charge on the parish.出自： A. Fraser
A bottle of Glenlivet Malt to charge Granville's glass.出自： J. Herriot
- charge用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语。作“控告”解时,可以接that引导的从句。作“收费”解时，可以接双宾语，可用于被动结构；表示“价格贵”或“收费贵”时,不能说charge expensively,而用too much或heavily等修饰。
- charge作“负责,管理”解时,是不可数名词; 作“指责,指控,控告”解时,是可数名词,且后可接that从句作同位语; 作“收费,要价”解时,主要指因某种服务而索取的费用,是可数名词。
- in charge of表示“某人负责或照管某人〔物〕”; in the charge of则表示“某人〔物〕由某人负责或照管”。
- charge表示控诉时，常表示为charge sb with sth，表示因某事控诉某人，如charge Jack with murder（控诉杰克谋杀）；
- accuse也表示控告某人某事，但是与介词of连用，如accuse Jack of murder；
They brought the charge that Joseph had committed murder.
They charged that Joseph had committed murder.
charge sb with ...ing有时指“说某人犯了……”，有时指“把……的任务交给某人”。
He charged Helen with cheating.
He charged her with reading the proofs.
charge sb to do指“命令某人做某事”。
He charged Helen never to cheat.
He charged me ￥50.
We must charge all the meals.
in charge of表示“管理……”，in/under the charge of表示“被……管理”。
Mrs Lamb is in charge of the children.
The children are in/under the charge of Mrs Lamb.
- charge off to, charge to
- 在表示“归因于”时,可用charge sth off to sb,也可用charge sth to sb。前者多一个off,含有把本该归于某人的“功”或“过”划出来一部分强加于某人的意味。另外, charge to一般只用于“归咎于”,而charge off to则既可表示“归咎于”,也可表示“归功于”。
- charge sb to-v, charge sb with v-ing
- charge sb 后可接动词不定式,也可接“with+动名词”。前者是复合结构,后者是双宾语; 前者意为“责令某人做某事”,后者意为“指责某人做某事。”试比较:
- I charged her to take the chair.
- I charged her with taking the chair.
- charge, accuse
- 这组词都有“控告,控诉; 指责”的意思。其区别是：
- 1.accuse 使用范围较广,主要用于一般的指责,也可用于法律上的正式控告; charge 比 accuse 正式,通常指在法庭上依法控告,也可以引申地使用于指责某人违反公认的行为准则。
- charge, assault, attack, beset
- The army attacked at night when the enemy was asleep.在夜间敌人熟睡时军队发起了攻击。
- Hong Kong had been attacked by Japan at nearly the same moment as Pearl Harbour.香港是差不多和珍珠港同时受到日本袭击的。
- The minister was assaulted by a barrage of abuse from the angry strikers.这位部长遭到愤怒的罢工者的一阵辱骂。
- She was too shaken after being assaulted to report the incident to the police.她遭到强暴后失魂落魄,竟没有向警方报案。
- The wounded lion suddenly charged at me.受伤的狮子突然向我冲了过来。
- Our soldiers charged the enemy.我们的士兵向敌人冲击。
- Our football players charged again and again .我们的足球队员一次又一次地向对方球门进攻。
- I was beset by doubts.我疑虑重重。
- charge, command, direct, enjoin, instruct
- command表示“命令,指挥”,强调强制性; enjoin表示“命令,迫使”,强调权威性,含有督促或警告的意味; direct表示“命令,指示”,强调指示和对指示的遵从; instruct表示“命令,指令”,常可和direct相互换用,但instruct更为正式,多用于商业、官方、外交关系中; charge表示“命令,指示”,为文学用语,侧重布置任务或委以重托。
- charge, cost
- 1.从意思上讲, charge的意思是“请求付费用”,而cost则是“物本身值多少钱”。
- 2.从句式上讲, charge的主要句式是charge...for...或charge sb ..for...。
- in charge of, in the charge of, in one's charge
- 1.in charge of表示主动意义, of的宾语是所管理的物或事物,可译为“管理…”“负责…”; in the charge of和in one's charge表示被动意义,宾语是实施管理的人,可译为“在…的掌管下”“由…负责”。
- 2.in the charge of可改为under the charge of; 而in charge of却不可改成under charge of。
- charge, dues, fare, fee, toll
- charge是普通用语,泛指生活各方面所花费的“价钱”“费用”,尤指某种服务的“费用”; fee指付给团体的费用，如“报名费”“会费”或付给自由职业者如私人教师、医生、律师等所收的“费用”或“谢金”,还可指“租书费”等; dues指应缴的款或应付的各种税或各种组织的会费; toll指使用道路、桥梁、海港等所需的“过路费”“过桥费”,也可指长途电话费、设施使用费或市场的摊位费等; 而fare主要指车、船、飞机等的旅费。例如:
- The guidebook to the museum is available free of charge.这个博物馆的游览指南免费供应。
- The doctor's fee was higher than we expected.那医生收费比我们预料的要高。
- The shipowners must pay the dues for the use of the harbour every year.船主们每年必须交租用港口税。
- A toll must be paid on the tunnel.通过这条隧道必须付通行费。
- When you take a bus you have to pay the fare.坐公共汽车必须买票。
误 He was falsely charged with traitor.
正 He was falsely charged with treason.
析 charge with后面接表示“罪名”或“罪行”的名词,不接“人”。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的chargier，意为装载，负担；最初源自拉丁语的carrus，意为马车。
- price at
- sell for
- indict n.