- <美俚> 快感，刺激；性兴奋
- <美俚> 一服(或一针) 麻醉药；大麻烟卷
- 收费，索价， 对…索费
- vt. 命令,委托 instruct or command; give as a duty or responsibility
- vt. & vi. 收费,要价 ask a account as a price
- vt. 控告 accuse sb of sth formally in a court of a law
- vi. & vt. 进攻 run forward and attack
- [C]指责,指控,控告 claim that a person has done wrong, especially a formal claim that he has committed a crime; accusation
- [C]猛攻 rushing violent attack by soldiers, wild animals, footballers, etc.
- [C]费用 price asked for goods or services
- [U]掌管,照管 responsible possession; care
- [C]指示,命令 instructions; directions
- an impetuous rush toward someone or something;
"the wrestler's charge carried him past his adversary"
"the battle began with a cavalry charge"
- (criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense;
"he was arrested on a charge of larceny"
- the price charged for some article or service;
"the admission charge"
- the quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body (either positive or negative) and construed as an excess or deficiency of electrons;
"the battery needed a fresh charge"
- attention and management implying responsibility for safety;
"he is in the care of a bodyguard"
- a special assignment that is given to a person or group;
"a confidential mission to London"
"his charge was deliver a message"
- a person committed to your care;
"the teacher led her charges across the street"
- financial liabilities (such as a tax);
"the charges against the estate"
- (psychoanalysis) the libidinal energy invested in some idea or person or object;
"Freud thought of cathexis as a psychic analog of an electrical charge"
- the swift release of a store of affective force;
"they got a great bang out of it"
"what a boot!"
"he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"
"he does it for kicks"
- request for payment of a debt;
"they submitted their charges at the end of each month"
- a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something;
"the judge's charge to the jury"
- an assertion that someone is guilty of a fault or offence;
"the newspaper published charges that Jones was guilty of drunken driving"
- heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time;
"this cartridge has a powder charge of 50 grains"
- to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle;
"he saw Jess charging at him with a pitchfork"
- blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against;
"he charged the director with indifference"
- demand payment;
"Will I get charged for this service?"
"We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
- move quickly and violently;
"The car tore down the street"
"He came charging into my office"
- assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to;
"He was appointed deputy manager"
"She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
- file a formal charge against;
"The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- make an accusatory claim;
"The defense attorney charged that the jurors were biased"
- fill or load to capacity;
"charge the wagon with hay"
- enter a certain amount as a charge;
"he charged me $15"
- cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution;
"After the second episode, she had to be committed"
"he was committed to prison"
- give over to another for care or safekeeping;
"consign your baggage"
- pay with a credit card; pay with plastic money; postpone payment by recording a purchase as a debt;
"Will you pay cash or charge the purchase?"
- lie down on command, of hunting dogs
- cause to be agitated, excited, or roused;
"The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- place a heraldic bearing on;
"charge all weapons, shields, and banners"
- provide (a device) with something necessary;
"He loaded his gun carefully"
"load the camera"
- direct into a position for use;
"point a gun"
"He charged his weapon at me"
- impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to;
"He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
- instruct (a jury) about the law, its application, and the weighing of evidence
- instruct or command with authority;
"The teacher charged the children to memorize the poem"
- attribute responsibility to;
"We blamed the accident on her"
"The tragedy was charged to her inexperience"
- set or ask for a certain price;
"How much do you charge for lunch?"
"This fellow charges $100 for a massage"
- cause formation of a net electrical charge in or on;
"charge a conductor"
- energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to discharge;
"I need to charge my car battery"
"The room was charged with tension and anxiety"
- As group leader, you should take charge.
- He was arrested on a charge of armed robbery.
- Rub the leather and the rubber will produce the charge.
- He was arrested on a charge of armed robbery.
- The extra charge is for the water bed.
- The nurse is in charge of the patients.
- How much do you charge per unit?
- Please charge these bills to my account.
- He forgot to charge the battery.
- She was charged with an important mission.
The troops charged and retreated and charged again.
We charged and the enemy's front line fell back.
I am going to charge a new dress, and pay for it at the end of the month.
The cavalry charged the hostile fort.
Charge your glass and drink to his health.
She charged that he had stolen her car.
All the staff-members charged that the earned incomes were not distributed upon the principle of equality.
The king charged that his minister had disobeyed instructions.
When I used his telephone, he charged me nothing.
The bank charged me 25% interest on the loan.
They charge the wine importers a heavy tax.
ABC charged advertisers 235,000 dollars a minute.
He charged me to send the letter.
I charged her to take my books.
On what charges do you arrest him?
She was expelled from the company on a charge that she had committed shoplifting.
They convicted him of a charge of forgery.
He freed himself of the charge of stealing.
He was arrested on a charge of having infringed the law.
He was tried on a charge of murder.
Smith was arrested on the charge of theft.
These youngsters were arrested on the charge of robbery.
The troops mounted one charge after the other.
The charge was repulsed.
He was at the head of his platoon in every charge.
He ducked to evade the beast's desperate charge.
Doctors and nurses have charge of sick people.
He assumed full charge of the business of the company.
The company used to be in his direct charge.
In many countries people get medical treatment free of charge.
Gasoline can be obtained on a reasonable charge.
The charges for electricity and gas will be increased next year.
She hadn't got the coins for the phone box, so she had to reverse the charges.
He got this book free of charge.
They made me bear all travelling charges.
The charge for board and lodging at that hotel is quite reasonable.
The corporation should pay for my hotel charges.
What is the charge for a day at that fashionable London Hotel?
An additional charge is made for heavy bags.
Each passenger is allowed 30 pounds of luggage free of charge.
An electron has a negative charge, a proton has a positive charge.
Once inside the Oval Office,Teng seemed completely comfortable and confident and very much in charge, according to an eyewitness.
I accepted my mother's charge to take good care of my baby sister.
The nurse was given charge over the probationers.
My uncle gave me charge of his old house in the country.
Some trees and flowers are to be planted in the garden, and I was looking for someone to put in charge.
Some new houses are to be built, and they were looking for someone to put in charge.
- charge against (v.+prep.)
He charged murder against the man. 他指控那人犯有谋杀罪。
归咎于 blame sth on sb
They charged the accident against me. 他们把这意外事件归咎于我。
- 控告 accuse
- charge at (v.+prep.)
向…袭击; 扑向 make a headlong attack toward charge at sb
You should have seen me run when that wolf charged at me!那只狼朝我扑来时,你应该看见我跑开!
The player charged at his opponent, making him drop the ball.那个运动员朝对手冲去,使他扔下了球。
The wounded lion suddenly charged at me.受伤的狮子突然向我冲了过来。
- 向…袭击; 扑向 make a headlong attack toward charge at sb
- charge down (v.+adv.)
冲上前; 往下冲 rush forward or down charge down
When Mother returned from the hospital, the children charged down to meet her.母亲出院回来时,孩子们跑上前迎接她。charge down on sb
The cavalry charged down on the defenceless villagers.骑兵向手无寸铁的村民们冲了过去。
〈主美〉把…记账 record sth to one's debt charge sth ⇔ down
Charge the goods down to my account.把这些货记在我的账上。
- 冲上前; 往下冲 rush forward or down charge down
- charge for (v.+prep.)
要价,收费 ask for payment charge for sth
Do you charge for the use of the telephone?打电话收费吗?
Plumbers charge by the hour for their work.管子工的工作是以小时收费的。
Hotels charge for services.旅馆收服务费。用于 be ～ed 结构
Is entrance charged for?入场要收费吗?charge sb/sth for sb/sth
What do you charge for a bottle of brandy?白兰地酒多少钱一瓶?
Did he charge anything for the use of the copy machine?用他的复印机,他收费没有?
We don't charge anything for that.对这我们不收任何费用。
The hotel charges thirty-five dollars a day for this room.旅馆对这种房间定为一天35美元。
The airline charges half-price for students.这家航空公司给学生以半价优惠。
They charged Brown for that broken window.他们要布朗赔偿他破坏玻璃窗的钱。用于 be ～ed 结构
I've been charged too much for these vegetables.我买这些蔬菜,被索价太高了。
He was charged heavily for it.他为此支付了一大笔钱。charge sth for v-ing
I don't know how much they charge for washing a car.我不知道他们冲洗一部汽车要多少钱。
How much do you charge for mending a pair of shoes?补一双鞋要多少钱?charge sb sth for v-ing
She charged me two dollars for fixing my watch.她要我付两美元修理手表费。
He charged me three yuan for taking my bag to the station.他把我的行李包送到车站,收费3元。
How much will you charge me for repairing my bike?修一下自行车要多少钱?
- 要价,收费 ask for payment charge for sth
- charge into (v.+prep.)
冲进; 撞上 rush into a room, object, etc. charge into sth
I charged into a doorpost and hurt my head.我一下撞到门框上,头撞破了。
The children charged into the house to greet their grandmother.孩子们跑进房里去问候他们的奶奶。
In the enemy confusion our fighters charged into the block-houses.趁敌人混乱之际,我军战士冲进敌堡。
They took off their padded coats and charged into the tunnel, armed with crowbars and dynamite.他们脱掉了棉衣,手持铁锹和炸药,冲进了隧洞。
- 冲进; 撞上 rush into a room, object, etc. charge into sth
- charge off (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 charge off通常不用于进行体。
〈美〉把…作为损耗处理 write off as an expense or loss charge sth ⇔ off
The firm had to charge off the debt as hopeless.公司只得把那笔没希望要回的债务注销。
The store owner charged off all of the last season's stock of suits.店主把上一季度盘存的全部服装作为损耗在账上注销。
〈美·非正〉把…归因于 consider sth to be the result of sth charge sth ⇔ off to sth
He charged off the mistake to inexperience.他把错误归咎于缺乏经验。
The director thinks that the firm can charge off its success to his leadership.经理认为公司的成功归功于他的领导。
- charge on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
归咎于 consider sth to be the result of sb charge sth on〔upon〕 sb
They charged the accident on him.他们把那个事故归咎于他。
出一笔钱 take a sum from an amount of money charge sth on〔upon〕 sth
Buyers charged 8% sales tax on all goods.所有货物营业税的百分之八是由买主支付的。用于 be ～ed 结构
30% is charged on the first part of your taxable income.你收入的第一部分应该征税百分之三十。
- 归咎于 consider sth to be the result of sb charge sth on〔upon〕 sb
- charge out (v.+adv.)
冲出来 rush out charge out of sth
The children charged out of school.孩子们呼啦冲出了学校。
He charged out of the door without a word.他一句话没说跑出屋去。charge out into sth
The bull charged out into the sunlight of the arena.公牛冲出来进入阳光照耀的竞技场。
- 冲出来 rush out charge out of sth
- charge to (v.+prep.)
把…记入 record sth to sb's debt
Don't forget to charge the money to my account. 别忘了将这钱记到我的账上。
委托于; 归咎于 consider sth to be the result of sb
I charge this sum to you. 我将此款托你保管。
He charged the accident to me. 他说这事故应由我负责。
He charged the fire to my carelessness. 他说这场火灾是因我粗心大意引起的。
She charged her failure to self-conceit. 她把她的失败归因于自满。
John failed to win the prize, and he charged it to his lack of experience. 约翰没能得奖,他说是因为经验不足。
They charged the loss to his negligence. 他们将损失归咎于他的疏忽。
- 把…记入 record sth to sb's debt
- charge up1 (v.+prep.)
向…冲锋 move to attack charge up sth
The enemy repeatedly charged up the mountain, attempting to knock us out.敌人反复向山上冲锋,企图消灭我们。
- 向…冲锋 move to attack charge up sth
- charge up2 (v.+adv.)
跑上来 move suddenly charge up
The boy charged up and asked for an ice cream.这个男孩跑上来，要了一份冰淇淋。
挂账,记在…账上 credit charge sth ⇔ up
I'll charge the expenses up.我会把这些费用挂账。
Please charge the meal up to the company.请把这顿饭记到公司的账上。
为…充电 provide an electrical charge for charge sth ⇔ up
The man in the garage said he would charge up my car battery.汽车修理厂的人说要给我的汽车电瓶充电。
- 跑上来 move suddenly charge up
- charge with (v.+prep.)
给…装(炸药) put powder, etc. in sth
He charged a gun with powder. 他把火药装入枪内。
They charged the cannon with shot. 他们给大炮装上了炮弹。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The pistol is charged with bullets. 手枪装着子弹。
给…充(电) charge a battery to sth
If we charge it with electricity, it will become magnetic. 如果充上电,它就会带有磁性。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Is it charged with electricity? 充电了吗?
The wire is charged with electricity. 那根电线有电。
Electrons are negatively charged with electricity , protons are positively charged. 电子是带负电荷的,质子是带正电荷的。
指控…犯有罪 accuse sb of sth
They charged him with dishonesty. 他们指责他不诚实。
Six days later, the police arrested him and charged him with murder. 警方六天以后将他逮捕，并指控他犯有谋杀罪。
The police charged the prisoner with stealing the jewels. 警方指控那个囚徒偷窃珠宝。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
He was charged with being an absentee. 他被指控是个逃兵。
The driver was charged with speeding. 司机被指控超速行车。
The merchant was charged with jacking up prices and was fined. 那商人被指控哄抬物价,受到罚款处分。
A man has been charged in connection with the murder. 这个人被指控与这起谋杀案有关。
使承担; 使担负 give as a task〔duty〕; give into sb's care
I'll charge myself with the safe delivery of the secret information. 我来负责安全递送这个秘密情报。
I'm charging you with cleaning the room before you go. 我要你负责把房间打扫干净再走。
He charged himself with the task of standing guard. 他承担了警戒的任务。
He charged her with making a new teaching plan. 他委托她制定新的教学计划。
They charged him with the duty of looking after the warehouse. 他们交给他看守仓库的任务。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
I am charged with a message for you. 我受托将一消息告诉给你。
How do you choose the officials who will be charged with fulfilling these duties? 你怎样选择将担负这些责任的官员呢?
充满 be filled with
He declined to charge his memory with so many details. 他不愿在脑子里记这么多细枝末节。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The air in the room was charged with water vapour. 这房间里的空气中充满水蒸气。
A brush is charged with black ink. 毛笔蘸满了墨汁。
My husband is always charged with strength and power. 我的丈夫总是精力充沛。
Her reply was charged with emotion. 她的回信充满感情。
His poetry is charged with strength and feeling. 他的诗歌充满了力量和情感。
The air was charged with emotion when the aging actress made her final appearance on stage. 当这位老年女演员做告别演出时,剧场内充满着热情洋溢的气氛。
The atmosphere is charged with fury. 一片愤怒的气氛。
- 给…装(炸药) put powder, etc. in sth
- bring a charge (of sth) against
正式控告(某人) formally accuse sb of a crime, etc.
The police brought a charge of murder against him. 警方指控他犯有谋杀罪。
- 正式控告(某人) formally accuse sb of a crime, etc.
- charge account
赊账 an account with a shop which allows one to take goods at once and pay for them later
My father bought a new suit on his charge account. 我父亲以记账方式买了一套新西装。
Mr. Jones has a charge account at the garage on the corner. 琼斯先生在街道拐角处的修车厂设有记账户头。
- 赊账 an account with a shop which allows one to take goods at once and pay for them later
- face a charge〔charges〕
出庭回答某人的控告 be forced to appear in court accused of sth
The woman had to face serious charges. 这位女士不得不面对指控。
He faces three charges of murder. 他面临三项谋杀指控。
- 出庭回答某人的控告 be forced to appear in court accused of sth
- in charge of
负责 responsible for
The teacher is in charge of the class. 这位教师负责这个班。
I'll be in charge of the whole factory next week when the director is away. 下周厂长不在时,我将负责整个工厂。
The cook is in charge of the kitchen helper. 这位厨师负责管理厨工。
Pilfering has stopped entirely since they put Angus in charge of the stores. 自从他们让安格斯掌管商店以来,小偷小摸就杜绝了。
- 负责 responsible for
- in the charge of〔in sb's charge〕
受管理 in the care of sb
Mother puts the baby in the charge of the baby-sitter while she is out. 母亲外出时,婴儿交给临时保姆照顾。
The ward of the hospital is in the charge of Dr. Green. 医院的这间病房由格林医生负责。
The house has been in my charge now for more than a year. 这所房子由我负责管理已有一年多了。
- 受管理 in the care of sb
- take charge of
控制,掌管,承担责任 take control of sth; become responsible for sth
The department was badly organized until she took charge of it. 这个部门在她负责以前组织工作做得很差。
The policeman said he would take charge of the gun. 那个警察说他来看管这支枪。
- 控制,掌管,承担责任 take control of sth; become responsible for sth
- trump up a charge
虚构罪名 invent an accusation
Sylvia does not get on with the supervisor and the danger is that he will trump up some charge to discredit her. 西尔维亚与主管人相处得不好,因而害怕他会捏造一些罪名使她名誉扫地。
That woman trumped up various baseless charges against him. 那个女人捏造种种毫无根据的罪名指控他。
It became clear, during the trial, that most of the charges against the defendant were trumped up. 在审判中已搞清楚了,对被告的大部分指控是捏造的。
- 虚构罪名 invent an accusation
- charge a camera 给相机装胶卷
- charge a fire hose 给救火水管注水
- charge a fountain pen 给自来水笔注墨水
- charge a gun 给枪炮装填弹药
- charge a storage battery 给蓄电池充电
- charge one's failure 责备某人的失败
- charge one's mind 充实某人的头脑
- charge ten dollars 收价十美元
- charge double 加倍收费
- charge high 要高价
- charge low 卖低价
- charge easily 容易充电
- charge heavily 支付一大笔钱
- charge off 注销损失,报损
- charge against sb 指控某人
- charge at 冲向…
- charge for 收…费
- charge for the book 收书费
- charge sb a price for his purchase 要求某人付购物款
- charge into 冲进…
- charge into a room 冲进房间
- charge out of 冲出…
- charge to 记入…的借项
- charge to sb's account 记入某人的账下
- charge with 使充满…,使负担,使承担罪名,使受责备
- charge oneself with 承担责任
- charge oneself with an important task 自己承担重要任务
- charge sb with carelessness 归咎某人大意
- charge sb with theft 控告某人行窃
- charge the stomach with food 胃里填满了食物
- admit a charge 认罪
- bear the charge 负担费用
- cook up a charge 捏造罪名
- dismiss a charge 驳回一项指控
- drop a charge 撤回指控
- face a charge 面对别人的指责,出庭面对指控
- fight off a charge 击退冲锋
- increase the charge 提高价钱
- make a charge 收费
- pay the charges 付费用
- prefer charges 提出控告
- press charges 提出控告
- set off a charge 引爆炸药
- sound the charge 吹冲锋号
- throw out a charge 驳回一项指控
- admission charge 入学〔入会费〕
- carrying charge 资产持有费用(如税款等),(分期付款购物的)附加价格
- cover charge (饭店等的)服务费
- depth charge 深水炸弹
- electric charge 电荷
- hotel charges 旅馆费用
- service charge 服务费
- be in charge of 主管…,负责…
- on a charge of 以…罪名
- on a charge of embezzlement 以挪用公款罪名
- on various charges 以不同的罪名
The village was selfishly concerned that the baby should not be abandoned there, as a charge on the parish.出自：A. Fraser
A bottle of Glenlivet Malt to charge Granville's glass.出自：J. Herriot
- charge表示控诉时，常表示为charge sb with sth，表示因某事控诉某人，如charge Jack with murder（控诉杰克谋杀）；
- accuse也表示控告某人某事，但是与介词of连用，如accuse Jack of murder；
They brought the charge that Joseph had committed murder.
They charged that Joseph had committed murder.
charge sb with ...ing有时指“说某人犯了……”，有时指“把……的任务交给某人”。
He charged Helen with cheating.
He charged her with reading the proofs.
charge sb to do指“命令某人做某事”。
He charged Helen never to cheat.
He charged me ￥50.
We must charge all the meals.
in charge of表示“管理……”，in/under the charge of表示“被……管理”。
Mrs Lamb is in charge of the children.
The children are in/under the charge of Mrs Lamb.
- charge用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语。作“控告”解时,可以接that引导的从句。作“收费”解时，可以接双宾语，可用于被动结构；表示“价格贵”或“收费贵”时,不能说charge expensively,而用too much或heavily等修饰。
- charge作“负责,管理”解时,是不可数名词; 作“指责,指控,控告”解时,是可数名词,且后可接that从句作同位语; 作“收费,要价”解时,主要指因某种服务而索取的费用,是可数名词。
- in charge of表示“某人负责或照管某人〔物〕”; in the charge of则表示“某人〔物〕由某人负责或照管”。
- 在当代英语中, in the charge of中的the常省略。例如:I left it in charge of my secretary.我把我的文件交给我的秘书。由此可认为in charge of的意思是主动还是被动,可视of的宾语而定。而下面的句子可能引起歧义:Miss Selma was in charge of his mother.如要表示“他的母亲由塞尔玛小姐照顾。”,还是用“His mother was in the charge of Miss Selma.”为好。
- charge off to, charge to
在表示“归因于”时,可用charge sth off to sb,也可用charge sth to sb。前者多一个off,含有把本该归于某人的“功”或“过”划出来一部分强加于某人的意味。另外, charge to一般只用于“归咎于”,而charge off to则既可表示“归咎于”,也可表示“归功于”。
- charge sb to-v, charge sb with v-ing
charge sb 后可接动词不定式,也可接“with+动名词”。前者是复合结构,后者是双宾语; 前者意为“责令某人做某事”,后者意为“指责某人做某事。”试比较:
- I charged her to take the chair.
- I charged her with taking the chair.
- charge, accuse
这组词都有“控告,控诉; 指责”的意思。其区别是：1.accuse 使用范围较广,主要用于一般的指责,也可用于法律上的正式控告; charge 比 accuse 正式,通常指在法庭上依法控告,也可以引申地使用于指责某人违反公认的行为准则。2.charge所指控的内容比accuse更严重。3.accuse后一般接of,而charge后一般接with。
- charge, assault, attack, beset
这组词都有“攻击”的意思。其区别是：1.attack是表示“攻击”的普通用语,通常用于事前无警告甚至是无理由的攻击。例如:The army attacked at night when the enemy was asleep.在夜间敌人熟睡时军队发起了攻击。Hong Kong had been attacked by Japan at nearly the same moment as Pearl Harbour.香港是差不多和珍珠港同时受到日本袭击的。2.assault指在愤怒中以暴力突然袭击对方,攻打者和被攻打者彼此能接触到。例如:The minister was assaulted by a barrage of abuse from the angry strikers.这位部长遭到愤怒的罢工者的一阵辱骂。She was too shaken after being assaulted to report the incident to the police.她遭到强暴后失魂落魄,竟没有向警方报案。3.charge主要指对一个固定目标进行的突然而猛烈地攻击,尤指骑兵的突击,常用于战斗或运动竞赛中。例如:The wounded lion suddenly charged at me.受伤的狮子突然向我冲了过来。Our soldiers charged the enemy.我们的士兵向敌人冲击。Our football players charged again and again .我们的足球队员一次又一次地向对方球门进攻。4.beset多指在思想上受到合围的攻击。例如:I was beset by doubts.我疑虑重重。
- charge, command, direct, enjoin, instruct
这组词都有“发出命令”的意思。其区别是：command表示“命令,指挥”,强调强制性; enjoin表示“命令,迫使”,强调权威性,含有督促或警告的意味; direct表示“命令,指示”,强调指示和对指示的遵从; instruct表示“命令,指令”,常可和direct相互换用,但instruct更为正式,多用于商业、官方、外交关系中; charge表示“命令,指示”,为文学用语,侧重布置任务或委以重托。
- charge, cost
这两个词的共同意思是“索价,花钱”。其区别是：1.从意思上讲, charge的意思是“请求付费用”,而cost则是“物本身值多少钱”。2.从句式上讲, charge的主要句式是charge...for...或charge sb ..for...。
- in charge of, in the charge of, in one's charge
这三个短语都有“管理”“掌管”的意思。其区别是：1.in charge of表示主动意义, of的宾语是所管理的物或事物,可译为“管理…”“负责…”; in the charge of和in one's charge表示被动意义,宾语是实施管理的人,可译为“在…的掌管下”“由…负责”。2.in the charge of可改为under the charge of; 而in charge of却不可改成under charge of。
- charge, dues, fare, fee, toll
这组词的共同意思是“费”。其区别是：charge是普通用语,泛指生活各方面所花费的“价钱”“费用”,尤指某种服务的“费用”; fee指付给团体的费用，如“报名费”“会费”或付给自由职业者如私人教师、医生、律师等所收的“费用”或“谢金”,还可指“租书费”等; dues指应缴的款或应付的各种税或各种组织的会费; toll指使用道路、桥梁、海港等所需的“过路费”“过桥费”,也可指长途电话费、设施使用费或市场的摊位费等; 而fare主要指车、船、飞机等的旅费。例如:The guidebook to the museum is available free of charge.这个博物馆的游览指南免费供应。The doctor's fee was higher than we expected.那医生收费比我们预料的要高。The shipowners must pay the dues for the use of the harbour every year.船主们每年必须交租用港口税。A toll must be paid on the tunnel.通过这条隧道必须付通行费。When you take a bus you have to pay the fare.坐公共汽车必须买票。
- accuse charge
- attack assail assault charge beset
- attack:attack常用词, 指"攻击敌人"或"用言论攻击他人"。
- Germany began to attack the Soviet Union in 1941.
- The enemy plane assailed our defence position.
- assault:assault语气比 assail强, 指"突然猛烈地进攻", 暗示"武力的直接接触" (如肉搏等), 也有"暴力"的意思。
- The enemy assaulted us at dawn.
- The cavalry charged to the front.
- beset:beset指"围攻", 即从各个方向攻击。
- 在沼泽地里, 我们受到蚊子的围攻。
- In the swamp we were beset by mosquitoes.
误 He was falsely charged with traitor.
正 He was falsely charged with treason.
析 charge with后面接表示“罪名”或“罪行”的名词,不接“人”。
错句：they charged him for murder.
纠正：they charged him with murder.
分析：表示控告某人某事时，charge sb with sth属固定搭配。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的chargier，意为装载，负担；最初源自拉丁语的carurs，意为马车。
- v.(动词) price at sell for assail assault attack accuse blame indict
- n.(名词) accusation allegation blame indictment cost price
- charge:charge n. 负荷, 电荷, 费用, 主管, 掌管, 充电, 充气, 装料v. 装满, 控诉, 责令, 告诫, 指示, 加罪于, 冲锋, 收费习惯用语a reversed charge 由受话人…