- 用栏杆围，用围栏围， 围以栅栏，以横木围栏
- vt. 围起来,隔开 put rails round; shut separate by means of rails
- vi. 责备; 辱骂; 抱怨 complain bitterly; reproach; abuse
a barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports
short for railway;
"he traveled by rail"
"he was concerned with rail safety"
a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
a horizontal bar (usually of wood or metal)
any of numerous widely distributed small wading birds of the family Rallidae having short wings and very long toes for running on soft mud
enclose with rails;
"rail in the old graves"
provide with rails;
"The yard was railed"
separate with a railing;
"rail off the crowds from the Presidential palace"
convey (goods etc.) by rails;
"fresh fruit are railed from Italy to Belgium"
travel by rail or train;
"They railed from Rome to Venice"
"She trained to Hamburg"
lay with rails;
"hundreds of miles were railed out here"
fish with a handline over the rails of a boat;
"They are railing for fresh fish"
spread negative information about;
"The Nazi propaganda vilified the Jews"
"He fulminated against the Republicans' plan to cut Medicare"
"She railed against the bad social policies"
- A towel hung from the rail.
- We installed a stainless steel towel rail on the wall.
- Nobody believes that he can jump over that rail.
- Hold on to the rail or you'll slip!
- The man was holding on the rail as he walked down the stairs.
- Passengers mustn't cross the rails.
- It's cheaper to ship goods by road than by rail.
- The goods have been consigned (to you) by rail.
- It is better to fight for good than to rail at the ill
- He used to rail at the volume of paper - work he had to do.
- He is always railing at his bad luck.
- She did not rail at her husband.
- Please help me to rail the garden.
- Hundreds of miles were railed out here.
- The cliff edge is dangerous and should be railed.
- rail against〔at〕 (v.+prep.)
反对(某事); 严厉责骂(某人) express opposition to (sth), usually in bitter words; scold (sb) bitterly
rail against〔at〕 sb/sth
He's always railing against his wife about her extravagance.
It's no good railing against fate, better learn to live with what you have.
He rails at his hard luck.
A man of character does not rail at his fate.
He used to rail at the volume of paper-work he had to do.
He had been railed against by them as a prig and a poseur.
- rail in (v.+adv.)
用栏杆围住… enclose (an area or animal) with a wooden fence
rail sth ⇔ in
They railed the area in.
The farmer railed in his orchard.
The children's playground has been railed in so that the children do not wander on to the main road.
- rail off (v.+adv.)
用栏杆把…隔开 separate (part of sth such as land) with a wooden fence
rail sth ⇔ off
They've railed off the garden.
They have railed the meadows off from the new railway cutting.
So many people had fallen into the pond that it had to be railed off.
This part of the field has been railed off to keep the cattle out.
- rail acidly 脾气坏地责骂
- rail acrimoniously 尖刻地责骂
- rail bitterly 难以接受地责骂
- rail copiously 大量地责骂
- rail fretfully 口出怨言地责骂
- rail furiously 怒骂
- rail monotonously 枯燥地责骂
- rail pitifully 可耻地责骂
- rail relentlessly 无情地责骂
- rail witheringly 使人难堪地责骂
- rail in 用栏杆围住…
- rail off 用栏杆把…隔开
- rail out 用栏杆围出
- rail against〔at〕 反对(某事); 严厉责骂(某人)
A gull alighted on the rail of the boat.出自： L. Grant
The child..rattled the cot rails.出自： T. Parks
Mother and son went into the small railed garden.出自： D. H. Lawrence
She railed at me like a woman possessed.出自： P. D. James
- rail用作不及物动词时,意思是“责备,辱骂,抱怨”。常与介词against, in连用。
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的reille，意为横木；最初源自拉丁语的regula，意为笔直的木棍。
- railing 栏杆
- criticize 批评
- complain 抱怨
- attack 攻击
- denounce 谴责
- condemn 谴责
- fence 栅栏
- protest 抗议
- kick 踢
- kick up 引起
- object 物体
- handrail (楼梯等的)扶手...
- banister 栏杆的支柱
- bar 酒吧
- support 支持
- barrier 栅栏
- horizontal bar 单杠
- railway track 铁轨
- against 反对
- bitch 母狗
- assail 使苦恼，纠缠...
- censure 责难
- castigate 惩罚
- chastise 严惩
- fulminate 大声呵斥
- track 轨道
- inveigh 痛骂
- vilify 诽谤
- revile 辱骂
- rail off 用栏杆隔开
- train 列车
- vituperate 痛斥
- rail in 用栏杆围住
- rails 铁路
- runway 跑道