- 用栏杆围，用围栏围， 围以栅栏，以横木围栏
- vt. 围起来,隔开 put rails round; shut separate by means of rails
- vi. 责备; 辱骂; 抱怨 complain bitterly; reproach; abuse
- a barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports
- short for railway;
"he traveled by rail"
"he was concerned with rail safety"
- a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
- a horizontal bar (usually of wood or metal)
- any of numerous widely distributed small wading birds of the family Rallidae having short wings and very long toes for running on soft mud
- complain bitterly
- enclose with rails;
"rail in the old graves"
- provide with rails;
"The yard was railed"
- separate with a railing;
"rail off the crowds from the Presidential palace"
- convey (goods etc.) by rails;
"fresh fruit are railed from Italy to Belgium"
- travel by rail or train;
"They railed from Rome to Venice"
"She trained to Hamburg"
- lay with rails;
"hundreds of miles were railed out here"
- fish with a handline over the rails of a boat;
"They are railing for fresh fish"
- spread negative information about;
"The Nazi propaganda vilified the Jews"
- criticize severely;
"He fulminated against the Republicans' plan to cut Medicare"
"She railed against the bad social policies"
- A towel hung from the rail.
- We installed a stainless steel towel rail on the wall.
- Nobody believes that he can jump over that rail.
- The man was holding on the rail as he walked down the stairs.
- Passengers mustn't cross the rails.
- It's cheaper to ship goods by road than by rail.
- The goods have been consigned (to you) by rail.
- It is better to fight for good than to rail at the ill
- He used to rail at the volume of paper - work he had to do.
- He is always railing at his bad luck.
- She did not rail at her husband.
- Please help me to rail the garden.
- Hundreds of miles were railed out here.
The cliff edge is dangerous and should be railed.
- rail against〔at〕 (v.+prep.)
反对(某事); 严厉责骂(某人) express opposition to (sth), usually in bitter words; scold (sb) bitterly rail against〔at〕 sb/sth
He's always railing against his wife about her extravagance.他总是责怪妻子奢侈浪费。
It's no good railing against fate, better learn to live with what you have.抱怨命运是无济于事的,你最好学会随遇而安。
He rails at his hard luck.他抱怨他的运气不太好。
A man of character does not rail at his fate.一个有志气的人是不会抱怨命运的。
He used to rail at the volume of paper-work he had to do.他以前老是因为不得不做大量的文职工作而大发牢骚。用于 be ～ed 结构
He had been railed against by them as a prig and a poseur.他们责骂他是一个沾沾自喜、装腔作势的人。
- 反对(某事); 严厉责骂(某人) express opposition to (sth), usually in bitter words; scold (sb) bitterly rail against〔at〕 sb/sth
- rail in (v.+adv.)
用栏杆围住… enclose (an area or animal) with a wooden fence rail sth ⇔ in
They railed the area in.他们把那块空地用栏杆围了起来。
The farmer railed in his orchard.农民用栏杆把自己的果园围了起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The children's playground has been railed in so that the children do not wander on to the main road.孩子们的操场已用栏杆围在里面,这样孩子们就跑不到主干道上去。
- 用栏杆围住… enclose (an area or animal) with a wooden fence rail sth ⇔ in
- rail off (v.+adv.)
用栏杆把…隔开 separate (part of sth such as land) with a wooden fence rail sth ⇔ off
They've railed off the garden.他们已经给花园围上了栏杆。
They have railed the meadows off from the new railway cutting.他们已用栏杆把草地和新铁道的路堑隔离开来。用于 be ～ed 结构
So many people had fallen into the pond that it had to be railed off.有这么多人掉进这水塘,所以只好把它用栏杆隔开。
This part of the field has been railed off to keep the cattle out.这部分地已用栏杆隔开,以防止牲口跑出去。
- 用栏杆把…隔开 separate (part of sth such as land) with a wooden fence rail sth ⇔ off
- rail acidly 脾气坏地责骂
- rail acrimoniously 尖刻地责骂
- rail bitterly 难以接受地责骂
- rail copiously 大量地责骂
- rail fretfully 口出怨言地责骂
- rail furiously 怒骂
- rail monotonously 枯燥地责骂
- rail pitifully 可耻地责骂
- rail relentlessly 无情地责骂
- rail witheringly 使人难堪地责骂
- rail in 用栏杆围住…
- rail off 用栏杆把…隔开
- rail out 用栏杆围出
- rail against〔at〕 反对(某事); 严厉责骂(某人)
A gull alighted on the rail of the boat.出自：L. Grant
The child..rattled the cot rails.出自：T. Parks
Mother and son went into the small railed garden.出自：D. H. Lawrence
She railed at me like a woman possessed.出自：P. D. James
- rail用作不及物动词时,意思是“责备,辱骂,抱怨”。常与介词against, in连用。
- rail也可用作名词,意思是“栏杆,横杆”“铁轨,轨道”“铁路”。例如:There is a towel rail near the door.门附近有一个挂毛巾用的横杆。The accident was caused by some of the rails becoming bent in the heat.这起事故是由一些因热变弯的铁轨引起的。Please send these goods by rail.请通过铁路运送这些货。
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的reille，意为横木；最初源自拉丁语的regula，意为笔的直木棍。
- kick up引起
- horizontal bar单杠
- rail off用栏杆隔开
- rail in用栏杆围住
- rail:rail n. 横杆, 围栏, 扶手, 铁轨vt. 以横木围栏, 铺铁轨vi. 责骂, 抱怨 英英解释:名词rail:1. a barrier consisting of a horizontal b…