- [U]草,牧草 various kinds of common wild low-growing plants of which the thin green leaves and stalks are eaten by cattle, horses, sheep, etc.
- [C]禾本科植物 any species of this plant (including, in botanical use, cereals reeds and bamboos)
- [U]草地,草坪,牧场 ground covered with grass; lawn; pasture
- [C]告密者 person who informs the police of criminal activities and plans
narrow-leaved green herbage: grown as lawns; used as pasture for grazing animals; cut and dried as hay
German writer of novels and poetry and plays (born 1927)
a police informer who implicates many people
bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle
street names for marijuana
shoot down, of birds
cover with grass;
"The owners decided to grass their property"
spread out clothes on the grass to let it dry and bleach
cover with grass
feed with grass
give away information about somebody;
"He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
- The grass was wet with dew.
- Father was cutting the grass, and meanwhile mother was planting roses.
- We play football on the grass.
- She sat down on a tuft of grass.
- They put out their horse to grass every day.
- The cows were turned out to grass.
- The hut was made of poles covered with grass mats.
- Whitman writes about how grass covers the world and feeds us.
- Mike must have grassed on us.
- Cattle eat grass.
- Sheep live on grass.
- The grass is in need of cutting.
- The air was full of butterflies, a sweet fragrance rose from the wild grass.
- We sat down on the dry grass with our backs to the wall.
- The snake glided smoothly through the tall grass.
- My clothes were damp from walking in long grass.
- They need evergreen grass to dot the square.
- Beneath them the earth was naked of grass.
- The rain had cleared the air, and the grass smelt fresh and sweet.
- He studies grasses.
- He hid behind some high grasses.
- What you see in the paddy field is a grass.
- This kind of grass grows apace.
- There was an attractive arrangement of dried grasses in the vase.
- Keep off the grass.
- People who walk on the grass are liable to a fine.
- Half of the farm is grass.
- He was once a professional grass.
- The grass has tipped off everything to the police.
- Those people are smoking grass.
- It is evident that the mayor is inclined to keep in touch with the grass roots.
- as green as grass
少不更事,无生活经验 too young, having no experience
- cut one's own grass
自食其力 live depend on oneself
- put out to grass
退休,不再从事工作 no longer work
put sb out to grass
Some of these old judges are nearly 80, you know; it's time they were put out to grass!
- clean up the grass 清除杂草
- crawl through the grass 爬过草地
- cut the grass 修剪草坪
- dry grass 把草晒干
- eat up grass 吃光草
- feed on grass 以吃草为生
- keep off the grass 不践踏草地,谨慎小心
- live on grass 靠草生活
- smoke grass 吸大麻
- study grass 研究禾本科植物
- attractive grass 引人注目的草地
- common grass 公共的牧场
- dewy grass 带着露水的草
- dried grass 晒干的草
- flowering grass 开花的草
- fresh grass 新鲜的草,嫩草
- green grass 青草
- hardy grass 劲草
- high grass 高草
- nice grass 好草地
- tall grass 高草
- tender grass 娇嫩的草
- various grass 各种草
- wet grass 湿草
- wild grass 杂草
- withered grass 枯草
- young grass 小草
- grass roots 基层,基层群众,基础
Her treading would not bend a blade of grasse!出自： Jonson
The ewes starve Milkless, for want of the new grass.出自： R. S. Thomas
The gardeners were beginning to grass down the front.出自： T. Hardy
The vegetable plots...were grassed in years ago.出自： C. Thubron
- grass的基本意思是“草”,指各种草的总称,通常长有绿色的叶子,可以被牛、羊等动物食用的草,也可指铺设草坪用的草,还可指一片长满草的区域,即“草地,草坪,牧场”。grass还可用于指“禾本科植物”,此时多用来指不同种类的“草”。有时, grass还可指向警察告密的人(自己往往是罪犯),即“告密者”。引申可指“大麻”“基层群众”。
- grass, herb, weed
- grass指有益的草,如可供马、牛、羊等牲畜吃的牧草或人们铺设草坪用的草; weed指妨碍其他植物良好生长的杂草。例如:
- She spent the whole afternoon pulling up the weeds in the flowerbeds.她花了整整一个下午拔去花坛中的杂草。
- No herb will cure love.相思病无药可治。
- let the grass grow under one's feet 让时间白白浪费
- let no grass grow under one's feet 不浪费时间
- She is sitting on the grass.
- She is sitting in the grass.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的gras，意为草。
- pasture 牧场
- lawn 草坪
- meadow 草地
- sward 草地
- pasturage 畜牧
- pot 罐
- vegetation 植物
- herbage 草本（总称）...
- marijuana 大麻
- verdure 翠绿
- turf 草皮
- give away 赠送
- snitch 告密者
- betray 背叛
- inform 通知
- squeal 用长而尖的声音说...
- blow the whistle 告发(停下来)...
- sneak 偷偷摸摸做
- grassland 牧场
- informant 通知者
- informer 告发者
- traitor 叛徒
- squealer 声响指示器
- narc <俚>缉查麻药的刑警...
- eatage 青草
- gage 抵押品
- Mary Jane <俚>大麻
- shit 表示愤怒、厌恶等的感叹词...
- sess 会议 (=session...
- forage 粮草
- denounce 谴责
- dope 毒品
- weed 杂草
- smoke 烟
- Sens 桑斯（法国城市名）...
- rat 变节者
- locoweed 疯草
- stag 只准男子参加的...
- tell on 影响到 ...
- skunk 臭鼬
- shop 商店
- supergrass 线人