- n. 账户；帐目；赊账；老主顾；报告；描述；解释；说明；估计；理由；利益；好处；根据
- v. 解释；导致；报账；把 ... 视为；归咎(于)
- [C]账户 an arrangement that sb has with a bank, etc. to keep money there, take some out, etc.
- [C]使用互联网收发电子邮件账户 an arrangement that sb has with a company that allows them to use the Internet, send and receive messages by e-mail, etc.
- [C]账目 a written record of money that is owed to a business and of money that has been paid by it
- [C]赊销账; 赊欠账; 赊购 an arrangement with a shop 〔store〕 or business to pay bills for goods or services at a later time, for example in regular amounts every month
- [C]老主顾 a regular customer; a customer, especially one who has regular dealings with a company
- [C]描述; 叙述; 报告 (written or spoken) description of sth that has happened
- [C]解释,说明 an explanation or a description of an idea, a theory or a process
- vt. 〈正〉认为是; 视为 have the opinion that sb/sth is particular thing; consider
a record or narrative description of past events;
"a history of France"
"he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"
"the story of exposure to lead"
a short account of the news;
"the report of his speech"
"the story was on the 11 o'clock news"
"the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services;
"he asked to see the executive who handled his account"
a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.;
"the explanation was very simple"
"I expected a brief account"
"don't do it on my account"
"the paper was rejected on account of its length"
"he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
importance or value;
"a person of considerable account"
"he predicted that although it is of small account now it will rapidly increase in importance"
a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance;
"they send me an accounting every month"
the act of informing by verbal report;
"he heard reports that they were causing trouble"
"by all accounts they were a happy couple"
an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered;
"he paid his bill and left"
"send me an account of what I owe"
the quality of taking advantage;
"she turned her writing skills to good account"
be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something;
"Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
keep an account of
to give an account or representation of in words;
"Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
furnish a justifying analysis or explanation;
"I can't account for the missing money"
- She squared her account at the store.
- We have accounts with most of our suppliers.
- The agency has lost several of its most important accounts.
- This is a particular account of the accident.
- She gave an accurate account of the case.
- His account contradicted itself.
- Lynne gave us a detailed account of her plan.
- We must take full account of our difficulties.
- On no account shall the Parties evade the responsibility for the loss of profits.
- He betrayed all his friends on his own account.
- He turned his writing skills to good account.
- On that account, it is best to do so.
- He has been asked to account for his conduct.
- A man is accounted innocent until he is proven guilty.
- Have you got a bank account?
- Do you have an account at this store, madam?
- I'd like to open an account.
- My account is empty.
- The accounts show a profit of ￡9000.
- The accounts show that the business is beginning to improve.
- The accounts were perfectly in order.
- They send their account at the end of the month.
- I never bothered to check his accounts.
- She is doing her monthly accounts.
- I keep my own accounts.
- My wife handles our household accounts.
- You must keep your accounts in order.
- He takes care of the business and his wife keeps the accounts.
- He had to submit accounts of his expenditure.
- My father settles his accounts on the tenth of each month.
- Could you please pay your account in full?
- We have an account at Harrods.
- If the advertising agency loses the United Beer account, it will make a big dent in their profits.
- You can find your account in studying hard.
- He's quick at accounts.
- He was finally brought to book for fiddling the accounts.
- She deposited the check in her account.
- How much money have I got left in my account?
- I have $150 in my bank account.
- The sum is put down as a loss in the company's accounts.
- In his account it was an excellent piece of work.
- He stands high in their account.
- Her salary is paid into her bank account.
- What's the balance of my account, please?
- Whether you go or stay is of small account.
- You can have this on account.
- This is so small a shop and we cannot afford to sell things on account.
- I bought my new camera by paying five dollars a week on account.
- Do not on any account be late for the meeting tomorrow.
- Could you put it on my account, please?
- Please don't cook on my account—I'm perfectly happy with a sandwich.
- I need to draw some money out of my account.
- He asked the shopkeeper to put this down to his account.
- According to all accounts the meeting was successful.
- I think we'd all agree that you turned your negotiating skills to very good account in this afternoon's meeting.
- He became rich by turning his money to account.
- She invested her money to good account.
- We must turn our time to better account.
- The book opens with an account of the ins and the outs of the event.
- Several eyewitnesses' accounts differed considerably from the official version of events .
- Their two accounts are very different.
- He makes much account of her musical talent.
- There were accounts of the incident in the paper.
- He keeps a regular account of his income and expenses.
- Who said I still owed for the transistor?I paid 50 dollars down and gave a good account of it.
- It contains a trustworthy account of the campaign.
- Today's paper carries an exciting account of the match.
- Don't always believe newspaper accounts of political events.
- It was Martin who gave a very good account of himself in the match.
- She gave a good account of herself from beginning to end of the Party Consolidation Movement.
- Keep an account of your daily activities.
- She gave a thrilling account of her life in the jungle.
- I believe you gave a very good account of what happened.
- The biography gives a vivid account of his life and fortunes.
- The fishermen gave eyewitness accounts of enemy aircraft intrusions into the airspace over the island.
- I wish you would give me a more detailed account of your trip.
- She gave us a long account of her trip to Europe.
- Following is an account of how the Long March had come about and ended in victory.
- The boy gave his father an account of the ball game.
- George gives a good account of himself in the dock.
- He gave me a full account of his plan.
- I've opened an account with a building society.
- He started an account with the bank.
- I should manage to square accounts with the bank before the end of the quarter.
- I would like to open an account with you.
- On the account that the train is coming, the children are standing clear of the rails.
- The teachers account him a good student.
- We all account him a qualified teacher.
- I account it a piece of good fortune.
- I account myself well paid.
- We account him (to be) reliable.
- Tom accounts himself (to be) lucky.
- Her brother was accounted a great scholar.
- Professor Clinton is accounted a famous linguist.
- He was accounted a wise man.
- The event was accounted a success.
- The Chinese people are accounted industrious and brave.
- In English law a person is accounted innocent until they are proved guilty.
- He accounted it fun to go to sea.
- by sb's own account
据某人自己所说 according to what you yourself have said
- by〔from〕 all accounts
据说,根据报道 according to what other people say
- give a good〔poor〕 account of oneself
〈英〉表现好〔不好〕; 干得出色〔差劲〕do sth or perform well or badly, especially in contest
- of no〔little〕 account
无关紧要的 not very important
- on account of
由于,因为 because of sb or sth
- on all accounts
在各方面,总之in all facts
- on no account
决不; 绝对不not on any account, used to emphasize sth
- on one's own account
独力地,依靠自己by oneself; by yourself or for yourself rather than with or for sb else
- on sb's account
由于某人的原因for sb's sake; because of what you think sb wants
- on this〔that〕 account
〈正〉由于这〔那〕个缘故 because of the particular things that has been mentioned
- settle an account 〔accounts〕
清算,算账end a disagreement or argument with sb by defeating them
- take account of
考虑到,顾及 consider particular facts, circumstances, etc., when making a decision about sth
- take an account of
清算,算账 end a disagreement or argument with sb by defeating them
- take into account
考虑到,顾及 consider particular facts, circumstances, etc., when making a decision about sth
take sb/sth ⇔ into account
If you take inflation into account, we actually spend less now.
We should take the interests of the whole into account.
One must take the audience into account when making speeches.
A good architect takes into account the building's surroundings.
Compensation awards take into account the pain and suffering caused to the victim.
His exam results were not very good, but we must take into account his long illness.
I hope my teacher will take into account the fact that I was ill just before the exams when she marks my paper.
I think you have to take into account that he's a good deal younger than the rest of us.
The defendant asked for a number of other offence to be taken into account.
Coursework is taken into account, as well as exam results.
Your objections will be taken into account.
- to (good) account
利用; 从中获得so as to bring advantage or profit
- account for (v.+prep.)
(尤指在事故之后)了解,查明know where sb/sth is or what has happened to them, especially after an accident
account for sth
His illness accounts for his absence.
Two things account for its occurrence.
The poor weather may have accounted for the small crowd.
Oh well, that accounts for it (=I understand now why it happened).
I was called to account for my conduct by the headmistress.
How do you account for the show's success?
You will be brought before the disciplinary panel to account for your behaviour.
How do you account for the dent in the car?
The defendant couldn't account for the fact that the money was found in his house.
A number of factors account for the differences between the two scores.
The disappearance of the papers has never been accounted for.
There are reports to be made and money to be accounted for.
要写报告,说明钱是怎么用的。account for v-ing
Lack of money accounts for her discontinuing her studies.
缺钱是她辍学的原因。account for wh-clause
Can you account for why our team lost?
你能说出我们队失败的原因吗？account for sth
The Japanese market accounts for 35%.
Repeat purchases account for 73% of our sales.
Computer software accounts for some 70 per cent of our range of products.
North Sea oil accounts for a high proportion of our export earnings.
北海石油占我国出口收入的很大一部分。account for sb/sth
One small child was still not accounted for.
All passengers have now been accounted for.
- account to (v.+prep.)
向(某人)解释provide a satisfactory record especially of money received and paid out
account to sb
He has to account to the chairman for how he spends the company's money.
- ask an account 要求付账
- audit the accounts 查账
- balance an account 结清账目
- cast accounts 算账
- charge sb's account 把账记在某人账内
- close an account 注销户头
- collect accounts 收账
- cook accounts 造假账,篡改账目
- cook up an account 篡改账目
- credit an account with fifty dollars 在账户的贷方记入五十美元
- doctor an account 篡改账目,造假账
- enter an account 记账
- examine accounts 检查账目,查账
- falsify accounts 做假账
- give an account 进行说明，描述，做报道
- have an account (在银行)开账户
- keep accounts 记账
- leave out of account 不考虑
- look up accounts 检查账目,查账
- make little account of 轻视
- make much account of 重视
- manipulate an account 伪造账目
- open an account (在银行)开户
- overdraw an account 透支
- pad an expense account 伪造开支账
- provide an account 提供说明
- publish the accounts 公布账目
- render an account 报账
- settles accounts with 与…结账
- square accounts with sb 与某人结清账目
- start an account 开立账户
- take account of 考虑某事
- take an account of 把…入账
- take (no) account 对…(不)考虑,(不)重视
- write an account 写报道
- yield an account 报账
- accurate account 确切的记录
- active account 收支频繁的账户
- bad accounts 收不回来的欠款，呆账
- biased account 片面的报道
- blocked account 被冻结的账户
- blow-by-blow account 详尽的报道
- brief account 简短的叙述
- checking account 活期存款
- closed account 已结算的账目
- concise account 简要的说明
- current account 往来账目
- detailed account 详细的说明
- elaborate account 详尽的记述
- exact account 精确的说明
- faithful account 真实的叙述
- falsified account 伪造的报道
- fictitious account 虚构的报告,非真实的陈述
- first-hand account 第一手的报道
- full account 详尽的说明
- historical account 历史记录
- imaginary account 想象的叙述
- inactive account 静止账户
- joint account (数人)共有的(银行存款等)账户
- one-sided account 片面的报道
- open account 未结算的账户
- outstanding account 应收账目,未清账目
- particular account 特殊说明
- prejudiced account 带有偏见的报道
- real account 实账
- running account 连续的报道
- short account 简短的说明
- straight account 直截了当的说明
- thrilling account 令人激动的报道
- true account 真实的记述
- uncollectable accounts 坏账,呆账
- vivid account 生动的说明
- bank account 银行账目
- capital account 固定资产账户
- cash account 现金收账
- charge account 赊购账户,记账户头
- credit account 赊购账户,记账户头
- deposit account 定期存款户头
- dollar account 美元账户
- expense account 消费账户
- eye-witness account 目击者的叙述
- household accounts 家庭账目
- individual retirement account 个人退休金账户
- money-market account 金融市场账目
- newspaper accounts 新闻报道
- press accounts 新闻报道
- profit and loss account 损益账
- saving account 存款户头
- time account 定期存款账户
- account analysis 账目分析
- account book 账簿
- account chart 会计科目一览表
- account credit 赊账
- account day 结算日
- account due 应收账款
- account general 会计主管; 会计处长
- account note 账单
- account number 账号
- account payee 收款入账
- account purchase 赊买
- accounts department 会计处
- by all accounts 根据各方面的说法
- by sb's account 据某人讲
- for account of 为…代销
- for this account 因为这个缘故
- from all accounts 根据各方面所说
- in account with 与…有账务往来
- in an account 在账目里
- in the last accounts 归根到底,终于
- of little account 无甚价值
- of no account 无足轻重
- of small account 无甚价值
- of some account 有相当价值
- on account 记(赊)账,以赊账方式
- on account of 因为，由于
- on all account 无论如何,总之
- on any account 无论如何,决定,决意
- on every account 无论如何
- on no account 决不，无论如何也不
- on one's own account 独自(地)凭自己的力量
- on sb's account 因为某人的缘故
- draw cheque against an account 开一张与账户有往来的支票
- slow at accounts 不善于算账
- draw money from an account 提取存款
- hand in one's accounts 死
- pay into one's account 划到某人的账上
- pay sth into an account 把…存入账户
- take sth into account 考虑到某事
- a man of account 要人
- balance of accounts 账上收支平衡
- a matter of great account 一件要事
- the debtor side of the account 借方
- draw on account 从存款户头中取出一些钱
- drive slowly on account of the fog 由于有雾,把车开慢点
- pay on account 先付…(作为部分付款)
- pay money on account 偿还部分账款
- payment on account 分期偿还
- put sth on sb's account 把某物记在某人的账户上
- sell sth on account 赊卖某物
- go over the accounts 核对账目
- charge sth to an account 把某物记在账上
- charge to sb's account (记入)某人账目中的借项
- set sth down to sb's account 把…记在某人的账上
- account for 说明，解释
- account in credit 存款户
- account in transit 未达账
- account of bankruptcy 破产账
- accounts on the credit side 贷方账
- accounts on the debit side 借方账
- account of the travel 旅行杂记
My accompt of years outscored her own.出自： T. Hardy
Able to read, write, and account.出自： Adam Smith
- account 作“账目”解时指的是财政上的收支记录,可用于法人,也可用于自然人; 作“账户”解时可指在银行等(金融)单位开立的用于存取款项的账户,也可指使用互联网收发电子邮件的账户。作“赊欠账”解时美式英语中常用charge account,英式英语中常用credit account。account还可作“账单,交易清单”解。用于比喻account还可作“客户,老主顾”解,通常指有固定购销关系,尤其是赊销协议的单位或个人。
- 短语 give a...account of的意思是“清账”,作出“报告”或“说明”,在口语里,还可表示“作出…的表现”。
- 为加强语气而把短语on no account(决不,绝对不)放在句首时,句子要倒装。
- account作“解释”“说明”解时,是不及物动词,接介词for指根据逻辑、标准、模式等对已存在的事物作出解释或说明(原因); 接介词to表示“向某人解释”。
- account作“认为”解时,是及物动词,常接以“as+ n. ”或“to be+ adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语, as和to be常省略。
- on his own account和of his own accord不可混用，前者意为“为了自己的利益地，自己负责地”，后者意为“自愿地，自发地”；
- on account of，意为“因为”，现比较少用upon去替代on；
I account him wise.
I account him a wise man.
- 注意句子On no account（决不）should we neglect our work中用的是should we,不是we should。
- take account of, take an account of
- 这两个短语意思不同。take account of的意思是“考虑到,顾及”; take an account of 的意思是“清算; 算账”。
- account, chronicle, story, version
- account表示“记事”“叙事”,多指目击者的客观描述; chronicle 表示“记事”“编年史”,指按事件发生的先后顺序所做的叙述或汇报; story 表示“描述”“说法”,常常与另外的叙述形成对照,侧重叙述是杜撰的,或有杜撰之嫌; version 表示“说法”,总是与另外的叙述形成对照,侧重两者的细节和内在关系的不同。
- account, anecdote, fable, legend, myth, story, tale
- 1.account, fable, legend, myth, story, tale是一般用词; anecdote是正式用词。
- 2.account指对于某事的详细说明,原原本本,有头有尾,多用于报道事实; story指取悦于人的完整故事,有人物,有情节,有头有尾,可口头也可书面,可真实也可虚构,体裁上则既可为诗体,也可为散文体; anecdote指轶事趣闻,一般较短,有趣味; fable指寓言,主人公多为拟人化的动物或非生物,多为虚构,旨在说明一个道理或教训,而寓言则多在结尾处点明; legend 指民间传说或传奇故事,多含虚幻成分; myth指神话,特指与宗教或原始文明有关的故事,多以超人的力量去解释自然现象或人生; tale指故事或传说,即或有事实根据也多添枝加叶或夸张,含荒唐不可信的意味。
- account, bill, invoice
- account 与 bill, invoice的意思都与账目或单据有关,其区别是：
- account 是商业用语,强调金钱、物资或服务的收支情况。bill 指“票据”“凭单”,是对所购货物或所得服务的付款通知单,可以见单付款或记入账内。invoice 指“发票”“清单”,指列有物品细则和服务项目及其收费等的清单。
- of no account, on no account
- 这两个短语意思不同。on no account的意思是“绝不可以”; 而of no account作“无足轻重”“无关紧要”解。
- account, report
- 这两个词的共同意思是“报道”。其区别在于:report表示通过调查作出的官方或正式的说明,通常含有对情况的分析判断; account则仅指由目击者、见证人对事情发生的过程所作的陈述或说明。例如:
- The reports are restricted to descriptions, and give no opinions about the facts.那些报道只限于记录事实,而不加以任何评论。
- According to newspaper accounts the car was coming too fast round the bend.据报纸报道,那辆车拐弯时速度太快。
- ☆ 14世纪进入英语，直接源自古法语的account，意为计算钱的收入和支出；最初源自拉丁语的computare，意为计算。
- accountancy n. 会计学，会计工作‖ accounting n. 会计，会计学