- vt. & vi. 想,思索 use the mind to form opinions
- vt. & vi. 以为,认为 consider; be of the opinion
- vt. 料想,想象; 预料到 form an idea of; imagine; expect
- an instance of deliberate thinking;
"I need to give it a good think"
- judge or regard; look upon; judge;
"I think he is very smart"
"I believe her to be very smart"
"I think that he is her boyfriend"
"The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- expect, believe, or suppose;
"I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"
"I thought to find her in a bad state"
"he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"
"I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments;
"I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection;
"I can't remember saying any such thing"
"I can't think what her last name was"
"can you remember her phone number?"
"Do you remember that he once loved you?"
"call up memories"
- imagine or visualize;
"Just think--you could be rich one day!"
"Think what a scene it must have been!"
- focus one's attention on a certain state;
- have in mind as a purpose;
"I mean no harm"
"I only meant to help you"
"She didn't think to harm me"
"We thought to return early that night"
- decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting;
"Can you think what to do next?"
- ponder; reflect on, or reason about;
"Think the matter through"
"Think how hard life in Russia must be these days"
- dispose the mind in a certain way;
"Do you really think so?"
- have or formulate in the mind;
"think good thoughts"
- be capable of conscious thought;
"Man is the only creature that thinks"
- bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation;
"She thought herself into a state of panic over the final exam"
- I think you are very brave.
- Women used to think they were on the shelf at 30.
- If you want to make money you've got to think money.
- He was trying to think what to do.
- He was almost too sleepy to think any more.
- I was just thinking what a long way it is.
- I will have a think and let you know tomorrow.
Give me time to think.
Let me think a moment.
Think today and speak tomorrow.
Do as you think best.
She seems to think otherwise.
The plan may prove better than you think.
They thought one thought.
Think happy thoughts and you'll feel better.
They ought to be encouraged to think their own thoughts.
What makes you think that?
Who'd have thought such a thing?
If you want to make money you've got to think money.
I didn't think to look in the directory for his address.
I didn't think to ask him what to buy.
Did you think to ask how his father was?
Do you think to deceive me?
They thought to influence the voters.
He thought to escape punishment.
When I thought to return, it was too late.
At first they thought to tell her, then they changed their mind.
I must think how to open it.
I must think what to do.
Everybody spent a lot of time thinking what presents to give to relatives.
They couldn't think where to go.
I think that I will leave here tomorrow.
I think that you know her.
He thought that it was a good idea.
I think that I'll be able to leave the hospital in a few days.
I think that you're very brave.
I think that he is honest.
I don't think that he is fifty years old yet.
I don't think that he will fail in the examination.
I think that he will come, won't he?
Who would have thought that she'd end up as prime minister?
She was thinking how cold the room was.
She was thinking how strange the children were.
I was just thinking what a long way it was.
I cannot think how I came to do it.
I couldn't think where she'd gone.
I can't think what his name is.
I cannot think where I put it.
I cannot think why you did it!
I can hardly think so.
“You will go swimming tomorrow, will you?”“No,I don't think so.”
“Do you think it will rain?”“No,I think not.”
“If I could pick up a hare every day, wouldn't it be better than farming?” he thought.
We think him an honest boy.
I thought your idea a good one, so I adopted it.
We think her to be clever.
We all thought him to be insane.
I thought success to be difficult.
I think him very honest.
I think myself right.
He thought himself silly.
Do you think it necessary?
I thought myself wronged somehow in the bargain.
He was thought an outstanding doctor.
They had been thought to be lost.
The river was thought to be 3000 kilometres long.
Do you think it possible to finish the work this week?
We think it most dangerous for you to climb the mountain alone.
He thought it no harm to smoke.
I think it dangerous your doing so.
She thought it a pity having to let slip the chance.
I thought it likely that he would fail.
The leading members of the club think fit to summon a meeting at once.
I thought fit to call our company together.
He didn't think good to do what I suggested.
I thought right to give him a box on the ear.
He thought himself doing the best.
- think about( v.+prep. )
考虑…; 琢磨… consider seriously before making a decision
I'm interested in buying your house, but I'd like more time to think about it before making a decision. 我有兴趣买你那栋房子,不过我要再考虑考虑,然后再决定。
I should like to think about your suggestion before I give a definite reply. 我想先考虑一下你的建议,然后给你一个明确的答复。
The sudden drop in house prices has made me think again about selling the house. 房价突然下跌使我改变了卖房子的主意。
对…的看法〔观点〕作出某种反应 have an opinion about sth
What do you think about him? 你觉得他这个人怎么样?
I don't know what to think about their decision to close the school. 他们竟然决定关闭那所学校,真是令人难以想象。
回想起,记起 recall; remember; take into account
She was thinking about her childhood days. 她在回忆自己的童年时代。
- 考虑…; 琢磨… consider seriously before making a decision
- think ahead
考虑将来,想得长远 consider the future
Thinking ahead, we might be wise to build the new factory now before prices rise again . 想得长远点儿,趁物价还没回升我们现在建新工厂或许是明智的。
- 考虑将来,想得长远 consider the future
- think aloud
自言自语 speak one's thoughts without addressing anyone
I wasn't talking to you,I was just thinking aloud. 我没跟你讲话,我只是在自言自语。
- 自言自语 speak one's thoughts without addressing anyone
- think back( v.+adv. )
回想,回忆 recollect; recall; call to mind think back
Thinking back, it must have been before the war.回想一下,那一定是在战前。
- 回想,回忆 recollect; recall; call to mind think back
- think of( v.+prep. )
想起,记起; 想念 call to mind; miss think of sb/sth
I know the person you mean, but I cannot think of his name.我知道你讲的人是谁,但记不起他的名字。
She is thinking of her boyfriend.她在想念她的男朋友。think of sb v-ed/v-ing
And if anything should happen to you, think of me left alone.如果你有什么事情的话,想一想孤单的我。
I cannot think of you living alone any longer.我认为你不会再一个人住多久了。
有…想法,有…看法 have sth existing in the mind as an idea think of sth/v-ing
We are thinking of going to Spain for our holiday this year.我们今年有打算到西班牙去休假的念头。
I wouldn't think of allowing my children to stay out until this late hour.我不能考虑让我的孩子呆在外边这么晚。
I shouldn't think of doing such a thing.我绝不能考虑做这样的事。
She had thought of paying us a visit but the bad weather made her change her plans.她原来想来看我们,可是恶劣的天气使她改变了计划。think of sb/oneself as n./v-ing
I think of him as a sad person with little success in his life.我认为他是一个终身没有什么作为的可怜人。
They all thought of her as a nice girl.他们都认为她是一个好女孩。
Dick thinks of himself as a genius in literature.迪克自以为是个文学天才。
I think of her as being irresponsible.我认为她是不负责的人。
We think of him as representing modern writers.我们认为他是现代作家的代表。
对…有意见 have an opinion of sth think of sb/sth
What do you think of my new dress?你认为我的新衣服怎么样?
I know that the director thinks highly of your work.我知道主任对你的工作评价很高。
What do you think of the government's latest action?你对政府最近的行动有什么看法?用于 be ～ed 结构
He was highly thought of by his employer.他为老板所器重。
考虑 consider think of sb/sth/v-ing
I was thinking particularly of the children when I chose the house.我选择这房子时特别想到了孩子们。
When I said that,I was not thinking of her feelings.我说那话时,没考虑到她的感情。
You're quite wrong; I was thinking of something completely different.你完全错了,我正在考虑全然不同的另一件事。
He's thinking of studying abroad.他正在考虑出国学习。
- 想起,记起; 想念 call to mind; miss think of sb/sth
- think on1( v.+adv. )
〈非正〉记住,记得 remember think on
I'll get that letter written now, while I think on.趁我记得,现在就把那封信写下来。
There's one thing you have to think on if you wish to succeed.如果你想取得成功,有一件事你必须记住。
- 〈非正〉记住,记得 remember think on
- think on2( v.+prep. )
往…上想 direct one's mind towards thoughts of (sth/sb) think on sth
We should think more on moral matters than we do.我们应该更多地去考虑道义问题。
- 往…上想 direct one's mind towards thoughts of (sth/sb) think on sth
- think out( v.+adv. )
想出; 了解后果 find out by thinking; understand what would come at last think sth ⇔ out
John wanted to quit school, but he thought out the matter and decided not to.约翰想退学,但考虑到后果便决定不退了。
Let's think this out together, there must be a way to solve this.让我们一起好好考虑一下吧,一定有办法能解决这件事情的。
- 想出; 了解后果 find out by thinking; understand what would come at last think sth ⇔ out
- think over( v.+adv. )
仔细考虑 give one's mind to sth; ponder upon sth
Think it over and let me have your decision tomorrow. 好好想想,明天告诉我你的决定。
Your offer is very attractive but I need to think it over before I can let you know my decision. 你的建议很有吸引力,但我需要考虑一番后才能把我的决定告诉你。
Father likes to go into his study by himself to think things over. 父亲喜欢独自在书房里思考问题。
重新考虑 reconsider (sth), often with a change of opinion
I will think your suggestions over, and let you know my decision tomorrow. 我将重新考虑你的建议,明天让你知道我的决定。
- 仔细考虑 give one's mind to sth; ponder upon sth
- think through( v.+adv. )
思考后得出结论 think about until one reaches a conclusion think sth through
Now that we've thought the matter through, can we come to a decision?既然这问题已经考虑周到,我们可以作出决定了吗?
- 思考后得出结论 think about until one reaches a conclusion think sth through
- think to( v.+prep. )
〈非正〉对…持有某种看法 have an opinion about (sth/sb) think sth to sb/sth
What do you think to this new musical band?你认为这个新乐队怎么样?
I don't think much to the latest change in the tax laws.我并不认为最近的税法改革有什么好的。
- 〈非正〉对…持有某种看法 have an opinion about (sth/sb) think sth to sb/sth
- think up( v.+adv. )
想出; 设计出; 发明出 have a new idea of sth; devise or invent by thinking think sth ⇔ up
He would have to think up some more catchy names for these designs.他必须为这些艺术设计想出几个更吸引人的名字。
- 想出; 设计出; 发明出 have a new idea of sth; devise or invent by thinking think sth ⇔ up
- To think that...
To think that he would be so mean! 真没想到,他竟然这么卑鄙!
To think that she could be so ruthless! 简直无法想象她竟然那么冷酷无情!
To think that such men are elected to the House of Commons! 这样的人竟被选进了下议院!
To think that he would come to anything like that! 不料他竟是这个下场!
- 没想到,竟然 unexpectedly
- think again 重新考虑
- think ahead 考虑得长远
- think aloud 自言自语
- think hard 苦思
- think twice 仔细考虑
- think abstractly 抽象思考
- think accurately 准确地考虑
- think anxiously 焦急地思考
- think calmly 沉着地思考
- think candidly 公正地认为
- think carefully 仔细地考虑
- think clearly 清楚地思考
- think connectedly 联想
- think creatively 创造性地想象
- think cunningly 狡猾地认为
- think deeply 深思
- think deliberately 深思熟虑
- think desolately 绝望地认为
- think dismally 思绪忧郁
- think diversely 思绪万千
- think fairly 公正地考虑
- think fondly 天真地认为
- think grievously 痛苦地想象
- think grimly 残忍地想象
- think habitually 惯性地想象
- think highly 非常尊重
- think idly 胡思乱想
- think incessantly 不停地思考
- think incisively 深思
- think independently 独立思考
- think instinctively 出于本能地想象
- think justly 公正地考虑
- think logically 合乎逻辑地思考
- think particularly 特别想到
- think seriously 严肃地思考
- think back 回想
- think on 记住
- think out 想出
- think over 仔细考虑
- think through 经过考虑后得出结论
- think up 想出
Have a think about it and let me know how you feel.出自：N. Balchin
They think great thoughts.出自：S. Smiles
- think作“认为”解时,可接复合宾语,其宾语由名词、动名词、动词不定式或that从句充当。充当宾语的动名词、动词不定式或that从句常置于宾语补足语之后,而以it作形式宾语置于宾语补足语之前(it现在趋向省去); 其宾语补足语可由“(to be+) n./adj./v -ed”充当,有时也可以 v -ing充当。
- To think that ...意为“没想到”“竟然”,Who would have thought ...表示“谁会想到”, wouldn't〔couldn't, shouldn't〕 think of表示“绝不能考虑〔想象〕”,这三个词组都表示因事先未料到某事而感到惊讶。
- 当主句是I (don't) think...时,如构成反意疑问句,则其附加疑问句部分须与宾语从句中的主语和谓语一致。
- think作“相信,认为”解时,既不用于进行体,也不用于现在完成进行时; 作“考虑”“想念”解时,可用于进行体。think的过去完成时可用来表示过去未曾实现的意图、打算或愿望。
- think常用于转移否定句型,但在以下几种情况下否定词仍多出现在从句中。①当think的主语是除I或we以外的名词或代词时。例如:She thinks the cap is not beautiful.她认为这顶帽子不漂亮。②当think前有副词或起强调作用的助动词(如do〔does〕)时,或当think和另外一个动词构成并列谓语时,或当think用在疑问句中时。例如:I sometimes think you are not a good man.有时我认为你不是一个好人。I do think you shouldn't stay with me.我认为你不该和我呆在一起。I think and hope that you're not leaving so early.我认为,也希望你不要离开得太早。Do you think that I cannot finish the job?你认为我不能完成工作吗?③如果think后的从句中含有no, never, nothing, nobody或含有带not的固定词组如can't help, not at all等时。例如:I think nobody would like to help you.我想,没人愿意帮助你。④当think用于一般过去时、过去进行时或完成时态。例如:I thought you cannot pass the examination.我认为你不能通过考试。I was thinking that you wouldn't stay here.我在想你不会呆在这儿。I had thought that he wouldn't catch the bus.我认为他不会赶上公共汽车的。
I think this is not a good book.我认为这不是一本好书。(表示的是本人的意见)I don't think this is a good book.我不认为这是本好书。(表示有人说它是一本好书,但“我”加以否定)
- 英美人,尤其是美国人在回答问题或表示某种看法时很少说I think so,而多说Probably,I should think so等比较婉转的词。
- think在口语中有时还可用作名词,意为“思考”或“考虑”,一般用于单数形式,可用不定冠词修饰,常出现在have (got) another think coming短语中,意为“必须修改个人的意见、计划等”或“搞错”。例如:I'll have to have a think about this before I give you an answer.这个问题我得好好想一想才能给你答复。If he thinks she's going to say “yes” he's got another think coming.如果他认为她会说同意的话,那他就错了。If you think I'm going to pay all your bills, you've got another think coming.你要是以为我会替你付清账单,你简直是异想天开。
- think everything of, think anything of, think nothing of
这三个短语在程度上有所区别：think everything of程度最深,意为“很重视”; think anything of次之,意为“还重视”,常用于否定句或疑问句中; think nothing of程度最弱,意为“不重视”或“认为无所谓”。例如:We think everything of that young man.我们很重视那位年轻人。If you think anything of your motherland, you are in a position to do something about her.如果你脑子里还有祖国的话,那么你现在能为她做点事了。He thinks nothing of running six rounds in the morning.他认为早晨跑6圈不算什么。
- think, believe, consider
believe与consider, think在用法上有以下相同之处:1.后面可以接that从句。例如:Do you believe〔consider, think〕 that jogging is helpful to your health? 你认为慢跑对你的身体有益吗?2.后面可以接由名词或代词+to be(常常省略)的复合宾语。例如:Do you believe〔consider, think〕 Mr. Bell (to be) a good doctor? 你认为贝尔先生是个好医生吗?I don't believe〔consider, think〕 it possible. 我认为这件事情是不可能的。Everybody believes〔considers, thinks〕 his living alone strange. 人人都认为他离群独居是不可思议的。
- think, conceive, fancy, imagine
这组词的共同意思是“在思想中形成一个看法或观点”。其区别在于:think指想起一个主意或观念,也指思考反思得出结论或作出判断,或认真的思想活动,或在头脑中形成鲜明的形象或清楚的看法或作出打算或目的; conceive指在头脑中组织好自己的思想,强调通过思考而形成一个见解; imagine强调形象的思维; fancy强调形象的不真实或想法的不正确,有时甚至侧重脱离事实、想入非非。例如:The Wright brothers conceived the design of the first motor-powered plane.莱特兄弟设计出了第一架动力驱动飞机的图样。Try to imagine being on the moon.想象一下你在月球上。Don't fancy that you can succeed without hard work.别以为你不努力就能取得成功。
- think, meditate, reflect
这三个词的共同意思是“思考”，其区别在于：think是一般用语，指借助思考以形成某种念头，得出某种结论，了解某种已知的事理等；meditate指集中思想、长时间而认真地从各个观点去考虑一个问题，借以了解其各方面及其有关的问题；reflect指冷静地、认真地、反复地思考一个问题。例如： The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。 I need time to reflect on what you offered.我需要时间来考虑你提出的建议。The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。I need time to reflect on what you offered.我需要时间来考虑你提出的建议。
- be thinking of, be going to, intend, mean
这四者都有“想要”或“打算”的意思。其区别是：1.mean比intend单纯,没有intend专心于某事的含义。2.be going to表示在说话之前已经作出决定; 而be thinking of则表示正在“想”或“打算”,还没有最后决定。3.在口语中,一般不用intend to,而用be going to或be thinking of的形式来表达。4.mean还有“意味”的意思,而另三个词(组)则没有此义。
- I think it to be a good book.
- I think it a good book.
- I think that it is a good book.
- I think it is a good book.
- consider think believe count deem reckon regard
- think conceive imagine fancy realize
- think deliberate meditate muse reason reflect speculate
误 She seemed to know what I thought in my mind.
正 She seemed to know what I was thinking about.
正 She seemed to know what I was in my mind.
析 think本身已含有“脑子里想”的意思,因此不必再用in my mind。
误 He thought himself as a common soldier.
正 He thought of himself as a common soldier.
析 think后不可以直接接“ as adj./n. ”,而think of则可以。
误 I was thinking if I could do anything to help him.
正 I was wondering if I could do anything to help him.
误 I think what to do next.
正 I am thinking what to do next.
误 I am thinking that he is honest.
正 I think that he is honest.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的eancn，意为想像，考虑。
- think:1、 动词进行时： thinking 过去式： thought过去分词： thought 2、 vt.想；想要；认为 3、详解与例句 动词v. 想；思考work with your mind· T…