- [U] 成功,成就,胜利 a degree of succeeding, a good result
- [C] 成功者,成功的事迹 a person or thing that succeeds or has succeeded
- an event that accomplishes its intended purpose;
"let's call heads a success and tails a failure"
"the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs"
- an attainment that is successful;
"his success in the marathon was unexpected"
"his new play was a great success"
- a state of prosperity or fame;
"he is enjoying great success"
"he does not consider wealth synonymous with success"
- a person with a record of successes;
"his son would never be the achiever that his father was"
"only winners need apply"
"if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success"
- She is responsible for the character part of the hero's devoted mother.
- I am very heartened by her success in the election.
- He wasn't a success as a teacher.
- His new book was a great success.
Only those who struggle on can achieve success.
Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan.
Success with the economy will depend on political stability.
Recent police success against drug rings is remarkable.
Hard work signifies another step to success.
We both share the credit for this success.
Many people spend years seeking for peace of mind, often with little success.
We were surprised by his success.
The modesty of this approach was surpassed only by its success.
She is a success as an actress.
In spite of our doubts, the new secretary has proved a great success.
The play is a success.
Even a small success would spur me on to greater effort.
Suffice it to say that it was a complete success.
She's just started up a new company,I hope she makes a success of it.
His first two novels were both successes.
The army has had quite a few successes recently.
- a success story
大获成功的人或事物 person or thing that is very successful
His career has been a real success story, from office boy to millionaire in five years. 在5年之内从一个办公室勤杂工成为百万富翁,他的经历确实是成功的范例。
Her rapid rise to the top has been one of the film industry's most remarkable success stories. 她迅速走红是电影界最杰出的一个事例。
- 大获成功的人或事物 person or thing that is very successful
- success in
在…方面取得成功 being successful in
Success in one field does not assure success in another. 在一个方面取得成功并不能保证在其他方面能取得成功。
- 在…方面取得成功 being successful in
- achieve success 取得胜利,取得成功
- celebrate success 庆祝成功〔胜利〕
- enjoy success 享受成功的乐趣
- expect success 期待成功〔胜利〕
- gain success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- get success 取得成功
- have success 得到成功〔胜利〕
- make success 获得成功
- measure success 估量成就
- meet with success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- obtain success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- owe success to 把成功归于…
- result in success 结果成功,最终取得胜利
- score success 取得成功〔胜利〕
- win success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- wish sb success 祝某人成功〔胜利〕
- complete success 完全成功,彻底的胜利
- economic success 经济上的成功
- fair success 相当成功
- full success 完全成功
- great success 很大的成功〔胜利〕
- huge success 极大的成功
- impressive success 惊人的成功
- little success 收效甚微
- occasional success 偶然的成功
- outstanding success 显著的成就
- political success 政治上的成功
- total success 完全的成功
- tremendous success 巨大的胜利
- promise of success 成功的保证
- secret of success 成功的奥秘
- key to success 成功的关键
- way to success 成功之道
- with success 成功地
- without success 不成功地
Peace was probable and..the President had achieved a real success.出自：I. Wallace
The clinic claimed a success rate of 100 per cent.出自：attrib.
- be a success, do well, make good
这三个短语都可表示“做得很好”。其区别是：be a success强调是“一件〔个〕成功的事或人”; make good强调“失败之后,再告成功”; do well指在竞赛中“取得良好成绩”。例如:The meeting was a great success.这次会议极为成功。He has learned a lesson, he'll make good.他得到了教训,他会好起来的。The school football and basketball teams are doing well.这所学校的足球队和篮球队都取得了很好的成绩。
- ☆ 16世纪30年代英进入语，直接源自拉丁语的successus，意为进展，幸福的结果；最初源自此语的succedere，意为随后。
- success:success n. 成功, 成就, 胜利, 发迹, 兴旺习惯用语drink success to 祝...成功干杯have success (with) (在某事上)获得成功make a succe…