- [U] 成功,成就,胜利 a degree of succeeding, a good result
- [C] 成功者,成功的事迹 a person or thing that succeeds or has succeeded
an event that accomplishes its intended purpose;
"let's call heads a success and tails a failure"
"the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs"
an attainment that is successful;
"his success in the marathon was unexpected"
"his new play was a great success"
a state of prosperity or fame;
"he is enjoying great success"
"he does not consider wealth synonymous with success"
a person with a record of successes;
"his son would never be the achiever that his father was"
"only winners need apply"
"if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success"
- She is responsible for the character part of the hero's devoted mother.
- The school has only been open for six months, so it's hard to evaluate its success.
- I am very heartened by her success in the election.
- He wasn't a success as a teacher.
- His new book was a great success.
- Only those who struggle on can achieve success.
- Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan.
- Success with the economy will depend on political stability.
- Recent police success against drug rings is remarkable.
- Hard work signifies another step to success.
- We both share the credit for this success.
- Many people spend years seeking for peace of mind, often with little success.
- We were surprised by his success.
- The modesty of this approach was surpassed only by its success.
- She is a success as an actress.
- In spite of our doubts, the new secretary has proved a great success.
- The play is a success.
- Even a small success would spur me on to greater effort.
- Suffice it to say that it was a complete success.
- She's just started up a new company,I hope she makes a success of it.
- His first two novels were both successes.
- The army has had quite a few successes recently.
- a success story
大获成功的人或事物 person or thing that is very successful
- success in
在…方面取得成功 being successful in
- achieve success 取得胜利,取得成功
- celebrate success 庆祝成功〔胜利〕
- enjoy success 享受成功的乐趣
- expect success 期待成功〔胜利〕
- gain success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- get success 取得成功
- have success 得到成功〔胜利〕
- make success 获得成功
- measure success 估量成就
- meet with success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- obtain success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- owe success to 把成功归于…
- result in success 结果成功,最终取得胜利
- score success 取得成功〔胜利〕
- win success 获得成功〔胜利〕
- wish sb success 祝某人成功〔胜利〕
- complete success 完全成功,彻底的胜利
- economic success 经济上的成功
- fair success 相当成功
- full success 完全成功
- great success 很大的成功〔胜利〕
- huge success 极大的成功
- impressive success 惊人的成功
- little success 收效甚微
- occasional success 偶然的成功
- outstanding success 显著的成就
- political success 政治上的成功
- total success 完全的成功
- tremendous success 巨大的胜利
- promise of success 成功的保证
- secret of success 成功的奥秘
- key to success 成功的关键
- way to success 成功之道
- with success 成功地
- without success 不成功地
Peace was probable and..the President had achieved a real success.出自： I. Wallace
The clinic claimed a success rate of 100 per cent.出自： attrib.
- be a success, do well, make good
- be a success强调是“一件〔个〕成功的事或人”; make good强调“失败之后,再告成功”; do well指在竞赛中“取得良好成绩”。例如:
- The meeting was a great success.这次会议极为成功。
- He has learned a lesson, he'll make good.他得到了教训,他会好起来的。
- The school football and basketball teams are doing well.这所学校的足球队和篮球队都取得了很好的成绩。
- ☆ 16世纪30年代进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的successus，意为进展，幸福的结果；最初源自此语的succedere，意为随后。