- 加重量于， 在...上加重量，加重压于
- 使负担，使负重， 使负重荷
- 称...的重量， 掂估...的分量
- [U] [C] 重量,分量 the heaviness of sth, especially as measured by a certain system; amount that sth weighs
- [U] 重的特性; 重力 quality of being heavy; amount of force with which a body is drawn towards by gravity
- [C] [U] 重量单位 unit or system of units by which weight is measured and expressed
- [C] 秤砣,砝码; 重物 piece of metals of a known heaviness, with scales for weighing things; heavy object
- [S] 负荷,负担 load to be supported or burden of responsibility or worry
- [U] 重要性,严重性,影响力 importance, seriousness or influence
- vt. 使…变重 make sth heavier
- vt. 偏袒 bias
- the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
- sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
- the relative importance granted to something;
"his opinion carries great weight"
"the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
- an artifact that is heavy
- an oppressive feeling of heavy force;
"bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
- a system of units used to express the weight of something
- a unit used to measure weight;
"he placed two weights in the scale pan"
- (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
- weight down with a load
- present with a bias;
"He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
- The pillars have to support the weight of the roof.
- He gained some weight recently.
- He has put on weight since I last saw him.
- The full weight of decision-making falls on her.
- The President swings his weight to get laws passed.
- His opinion doesn't carry much weight.
- The loss of the money has been a weight on my mind.
- The true giants weight nearly a ton
- We'll weight up the consequences of the action.
That man is twice my weight.
What is your weight?
The weight of the coffee is shown on the packet.
The branches could hardly sustain the weight of fruit.
You'll lose weight if you don't eat.
Which has more weight a box filled with lead, or a box of equal size filled with loose paper?
She was troubled because she had reached the weight of 180 pounds.
The weight of all these things together was 150 pounds.
Some sorts of fruit are sold by weight; others are not sold by weight.
It's smaller in size but greater in weight.
Air hasn't much weight.
Lead is often used because of its weight.
The weight of the overcoat made it incomfortable to wear.
The pound is a common weight in English-speaking countries.
He wrote down the weights of the boxes.
The pillars have to support the weight of the roof.
It is worked by heavy weights which make the wheels turn slowly.
The doctor has ordered me not to lift heavy weights because my heart is weak.
He can lift heavy weights because of his strength.
The dressmaker put small weights in the hem of the dress.
The full weight of decision-making falls on her.
That's a great weight off my mind.
He is a man of weight in the government.
Recent events give added weight to their company.
The jury were convinced by the weight of the evidence against her.
The elevator is weighted too heavily.
Fishing nets are weighted.
Circumstances are weighted in his favour.
The net is weighted to keep it below the surface of the water.
- carry weight
有影响力 have influence
He may be the boss at work but his wishes seem to carry very little weight at home. 工作上他也许能说了算,但他的命令在家里似乎没有什么权威。
People have a great deal of respect for that man, therefore what he says carries weight. 人们对那个人非常敬重,因此他讲的话就有分量。
- 有影响力 have influence
- pull one's weight
努力做好自己分内的工作 do one's full share of work
We shall succeed in this business only if everyone pulls his weight. 只有人人都努力做好自己分内的工作,我们这件事情才能成功。
- 努力做好自己分内的工作 do one's full share of work
- sheer weight of numbers
集体的力量结合起来才能胜过对方 combine weight, strength, influence, etc. of a group which is larger than another
They won the argument by sheer weight of numbers. 他们纯靠人多势众在辩论中获胜。
Manchester began to dominate, if only by sheer weight of numbers. 曼彻斯特球队只要集体全力以赴,一开始就占优势。
- 集体的力量结合起来才能胜过对方 combine weight, strength, influence, etc. of a group which is larger than another
- weight down (v.+adv.)
给…加负担,使…负重 burden sb weight sb ⇔ down 用于 be ～ed 结构
She was weighted down with parcels.她携带着沉重的包裹。
He was weighted down with her heavy bags.他因提着她沉重的袋子而累弯了腰。
- 给…加负担,使…负重 burden sb weight sb ⇔ down 用于 be ～ed 结构
- weight with (v.+prep.)
用…使…变重 make sth heavy with sth weight sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
The stick had been weighted with lead.这根棍子灌了铅增加了重量。
He was weighted with troubles.他承受着许多烦恼的重压。
- 用…使…变重 make sth heavy with sth weight sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- add weight to 增加对…的重要性
- bear the weight of 能承受…的重量
- carry weight 具有重要性
- gain weight 增加体重
- get weight 发胖
- give weight to 重视…
- have weight 有影响,重要
- lend weight to 使…更重要
- lift weights 举重
- lose weight 减轻体重
- pull one's weight 努力作好自己分内的工作
- put on weight 增加体重
- take a weight off sb's mind 使某人放心
- take off weight 减轻体重
- throw one's weight about 滥用权势,仗势欺人
- atomic weight 原子量
- dead weight 自重,最大载重量
- heavy weights 重量级
- light weights 轻量级
- net weight 净重
- overall weight 总重
- birth weight 出生时重量
- the weight of the food 食物的重量
The proportions of acid and water were equal by weight.出自：A. T. Thomson
The most conspicuous quality in which all bodies on earth shared was weight.出自：A. Koestler
Their weighted and sorrowful life..succeeded with..joy.出自：T. Boston
A House of Commons..not weighted with..the landed class.出自：George Eliot
You walked slowly, weighted..by your immense fatigue.出自：M. Sinclair
误 He weights 120 pounds.
正 He weighs 120 pounds.
正 His weight is 120 pounds.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的gewhit；最初源自原始日耳曼语的wekhtiz，意为重量。
- n.(名词) authority burden consideration emphasis force heaviness importance influence load power pressure value
- v.(动词) burden charge keep down load oppress
- weightless adj. 没有重量的; 失重的; 无重力的
- weight:weight n. 重力, 重量, 分量, 砝码, 重要(性), 势力, 负担, 重累 英英解释:名词weight:1. the vertical force exerted by a mass as…