- [U]压(力),压强 amount of force against sth
- [U]强制,压迫 strong or oppressive influence
the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit);
"the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure"
a force that compels;
"the public brought pressure to bear on the government"
the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure;
"he gave the button a press"
"he used pressure to stop the bleeding"
"at the pressing of a button"
the state of demanding notice or attention;
"the insistence of their hunger"
"the press of business matters"
the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin;
"the sensitivity of his skin to pressure and temperature was normal"
an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress
the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :
"She forced him to take a job in the city"
"He squeezed her for information"
exert pressure on someone through threats
- My father suffers from high blood pressure.
- The pressure of work was too great for him.
- He works well under pressure.
- The tooth became sore to pressure and there is a dull gnawing pain.
- The native bankers grew weaker under pressure from the bureaucrats.
- Now you are trying to pressure me.
- Don't be pressured into making any rash decisions.
- The pressure of the water turns this wheel, and this is used to make electric power.
- I hope that the tire pressure is right.
- The pressure of the crowd made it impossible for me to stand still.
- He changed his mind under the pressure from others.
- apply〔exert, put〕 pressure on sb 对某人施加压力
- ease off〔lighten〕 the pressure 减轻压力
- relieve the pressure 解除…的压力
- yield to popular pressure 屈服于民众的压力
- atmospheric〔hydraulic〕 pressure 气〔液〕压
- diplomatic〔financial, international〕 pressure 外交〔财政,国际〕压力
- military〔outside〕 pressure 军事〔外部〕压力
The door opened to the pressure of his hand.出自： R. Guy
The trouble about an Oxford education..is that no-one..pressures you into working.出自： H. Cheetham
Richard began to pressure Daphne to get rid of Elizabeth.出自： R. Jaffe
She felt pressured to be cheerful..when doing so cost her great pain.出自： P. Rose
- force 武力
- weight 重量
- burden 负担
- tension 紧张
- stress 压力
- difficulty 困难
- coerce 强制
- strain 拉紧
- heaviness 重
- compression 压缩
- anxiety 焦虑
- pressurize 增压
- bulldoze （用推土机）推平某物...
- bully 欺凌弱小者
- insist 坚持
- compel 强迫
- domination 支配
- power 力量
- load 负荷
- effect 效应
- influence 影响
- impulse 冲动
- oppression 压抑
- urge 驱策
- conscript 征兵
- coax 哄
- rush 冲
- necessity 需要
- oblige 迫使
- obligation 义务
- gravity 重力
- constraint 约束
- press 按
- pressure level 声压级
- hale (尤指老人)健壮的...
- insistency 坚持
- blackmail 勒索
- air pressure 气压
- squeeze 挤压
- insistence 坚持
- imperativeness 命令式之事
- pressing 紧迫的
- atmospheric pressure 大气压力
- pressure sensation 压觉
- blackjack 包有皮革的软金属棒...