devise or invent;
"He thought up a plan to get rich quickly"
"no-one had ever thought of such a clever piece of software"
- He tried to think up a plan for escape.
- Can anybody think of a way to raise money?
- Who was the wise one that came up with such a marvelous system?
- It took a lot of imagination to come up with such an ingenious plan.
- Many scientists think highly of the new invention.
- I don't know who thought up this kind of machine.
- He made up a story to explain why he was absent.
- He must have cooked up an alibi.
- think up 想出