- vt. 想象,设想 form a mental image of sth
- vt. 料想,猜想 think of sth as probable or possible
- form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case;
"Can you conceive of him as the president?"
- expect, believe, or suppose;
"I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"
"I thought to find her in a bad state"
"he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"
"I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- You can imagine how surprised I was.
- It is hard to imagine the scale of the universe.
- Imagine yourself to be on a desert island.
- I imagine he will come tomorrow.
- I imagine she'll have finished her homework by seven o'clock.
- I can't imagine what Noah had in mind.
- He imagines that people don't like him, but they do.
I can imagine the scene clearly in my mind.
We can hardly imagine life without electricity.
You can little imagine my surprise.
I thought I heard someone shout, but I must have imagined it because there is no one there.
He is always imagining dangers that don't exist.
Hardly had I closed my eyes when I began to imagine the most fantastic.
It was easily be imagined.
It can be better imagined than described.
His elation may well be imagined.
I cannot imagine what to do in this dreadful situation.
I cannot imagine how to do it.
I can't imagine living with a drunk.
I can't imagine lying like that. I would go crazy.
She imagined walking into the office and telling everyone what she thought of them.
I can't imagine living without water or electricity in summer.
I can't imagine my marrying a girl of that sort.
Can you imagine their climbing the Great Wall?
Can you imagine that you are in a spaceship to the moon?
Do you imagine they will help?
Don't imagine that you are the only person in trouble.
Don't imagine that I can lend you money every time you need it.
You don't imagine it is true.
I don't imagine that taxes will be reduced this year.
I don't imagine they will come if it rains.
Just imagine someone were following us.
“Does she know what kind of tablets she's taken today?”“I imagine so.”
“Do you imagine they will help us?”“I imagine not.”
I cannot imagine what life on the moon would be like.
What would happen next she could not imagine .
Can you imagine what it would be like to live without electricity?
I can't imagine why people speak against her.
You can't imagine how difficult it is to get away from the office.
I can't imagine how excited you are to see your son again after such a long time.
You can imagine how I missed you all.
She imagines herself to be a bird.
He imagined himself as manager of the company.
I had imagined you as a big tall man.
We tried to imagine ourselves as old men.
He likes to imagine himself president.
He imagines everything to be easy.
Don't imagine your husband to be always wrong.
I imagine her safe.
I imagined her slight and frail.
I have never imagined anything so magnificent.
Our producers should constantly imagine themselves to be in the consumer's position.
You should imagine yourself to be in your father's place.
I imagined yourself to be on a desert.
Can you imagine him becoming a famous singer?
The little girl sometimes imagines herself becoming rich.
Imagine yourself sitting on the beach in the sun.
You can hardly imagine young children saying such dirty words.
Try to imagine you being on the moon.
Can you imagine me being so stupid?
He imagined himself insulted.
They imagined your ship wrecked.
- imagine accidents 想象事故
- imagine astonishment 想象吃惊(的神情)
- imagine dangers 想象危险
- imagine life 想象生活
- imagine one's sufferings 想象某人的苦难
- imagine oneself to be always correct 以为自己总是对的
- imagine stories 编造故事
- imagine the desert 想象沙漠
- imagine the scene 想象情景
- imagine the situation there 想想那里的情况
- imagine blindly 盲目地设想
- imagine bravely 勇敢地设想
- imagine clearly 清楚地想象出
- imagine consciously 有意识地设想
- imagine constantly 经常设想
- imagine continually 不断设想
- imagine dejectedly 沮丧地设想
- imagine delightedly 高兴地想象
- imagine delightfully 愉快地设想
- imagine despairingly 绝望地设想
- imagine dimly 模糊地想象
- imagine dramatically 戏剧化地设想
- imagine easily 容易想象出
- imagine foolishly 愚蠢地设想
- imagine freely 随意地设想
- imagine generally 一般想象
- imagine incessantly 持续不断地设想
- imagine intelligently 聪明地想象
- imagine passively 消极地想象
- imagine philosophically 冷静地设想
- imagine phlegmatically 冷淡地设想
- imagine probably 可能地想象
- imagine quickly 迅速地设想
- imagine vividly 生动地想象
- imagine widely 广泛地设想
- imagine willingly 乐意想象
These are really show birds. We can't imagine where they come from.sssss J. le Carr&eacusc;出自：ssssW. Wharton
- imagine是及物动词,其主语一般是表示人的名词或代词。在表示“想象某人〔物〕〔事〕可能存在或发生”时,可接sb/sth; 在表示“想象或认为某人做某事”时,可接名词、代词或动名词作宾语; 在表示“把某人〔物〕〔事〕想象成…”时,可接由名词、代词、形容词、现在分词、过去分词作宾语补足语的复合宾语; 而在表示“想象…”或“假定…”时则可接that/what从句。
- imagine之后不能接动词不定式作宾语,也不能用在除to be之外的动词不定式作宾语补足语。imagine一般不用于进行时,可用于被动结构。
- imagine一般不以动词不定式作宾语,但偶尔可见在带有形式宾语的结构中以动词不定式作真正的宾语。例如:He imagined it easy to learn a language.他想象学语言很容易。
- imagine, guess, suppose
这三者均可表示“猜想”。其区别是：imagine指没有事实根据,仅凭主观想象进行猜想; guess指未经认真思索而进行猜想,有时指不着边际地瞎猜; suppose指依据某些事实进行探索性的推测。例如:I guess you've already known the answer.我想你已经知道答案了。I suppose he is late again.我想他又迟到了。
- imagine, conceive, fancy, think
这组词的共同意思是“在思想中形成一个看法或观点”。其区别在于:think指想起一个主意或观念,也指思考反思得出结论或作出判断,或认真的思想活动,或在头脑中形成鲜明的形象或清楚的看法或作出打算或目的; conceive指在头脑中组织好自己的思想,强调通过思考而形成一个见解; imagine强调形象的思维; fancy强调形象的不真实或想法的不正确,有时甚至侧重脱离事实、想入非非。例如:The Wright brothers conceived the design of the first motor-powered plane.莱特兄弟设计出了第一架动力驱动飞机的图样。Try to imagine being on the moon.想象一下你在月球上。Don't fancy that you can succeed without hard work.别以为你不努力就能取得成功。
- I imagine him to be a big, tall man.
- I imagine him a big, tall man.
- I imagine him as a big, tall man.
误 She is imagining that there is a smell of burning in the flat.
正 She imagines that there is a smell of burning in the flat.
误 I can't imagine to live without electricity.
正 I can't imagine living without electricity.
误 I imagine these young people weren't your students.
正 I don't imagine these young people were your students.
误 I imagined that I had met him before, didn't I?
正 I imagined that I had met him before, hadn't I?
误 Do you imagine how far it is from here?
正 How far do you imagine it is from here?
- ☆ 14世纪中期进英入语，直接源自古法语的imaginer；最初源自古典拉丁语的imaginari，意为形成一个想像的图片，想像。
- imagine:imagine vt. 想象, 设想英英解释:动词imagine:1. form a mental image of something that is not present or that is…