- vt. 实现；了解；意识到；变卖
- vt. 实现 make real a hope or purpose; carry out
- vt. 了解; 认识到 understand and believe a fact
- vt. & vi. 变卖; 赚得 change into money by selling; get money by selling
be fully aware or cognizant of
perceive (an idea or situation) mentally;
"Now I see!"
"I just can't see your point"
"Does she realize how important this decision is?"
"I don't understand the idea"
make real or concrete; give reality or substance to;
"our ideas must be substantiated into actions"
earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
"She earns a lot in her new job"
"this merger brought in lots of money"
"He clears $5,000 each month"
convert into cash; of goods and property
expand or complete (a part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass
- My wishes have been realized.
- Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
- Master teaches us this so that we will pursue spiritual practice and realize the permanence of our God nature.
- We figure that when you see us all, and realize the way we feel, you'll maybe change your minds.
- I'm sorry to say I didn't realize that.
- Only after you lose your health, will you realize the importance of health.
- They didn't realize their fault till we pointed it out to them.
- The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
- Do you realize that all of these shirts are half off?
- How much did you realize on those paintings?
- The furniture realized 900 at the sale.
- He realized the house.
- At last he realized his ambition to be a scientist.
- Finally she realized her intention of becoming an artist.
- He realized his dream when he passed the entrance examination.
- This poem shows his faith in his persistent struggle to realize his ideals.
- We ask you to pledge yourselves, along with us, to realize this great aim.
- If you were in the Sahara, you would realize the value of fresh water.
- He doesn't seem to have realized its true consequence.
- He didn't realize the seriousness of her illness.
- He didn't realize his mistake.
- When she realized her mistakes she began to hate herself.
- Perhaps you do not quite realize the meaning of what you just said.
- We realize the complete justice of your claim.
- A wise man realizes his limitations.
- John Smith's ambition to become a scientist is likely to be realized.
- He was sure all their plans would be realized.
- Her wish was realized at last.
- My wishes have been realized.
- When his wish was realized, his joy knew no measure.
- Such wishful thinking of theirs will never be realized.
- This aim can be realized only by working hard and perseveringly.
- The worth of the discovery was not realized.
- Can these shares be realized at short time?
- Columbus had not realized that this new land was not India.
- Do you realize that many people do not have enough to eat?
- He was so interested in his book that he didn't realize that time had passed so quickly.
- I suddenly realized that all my calculations were wrong.
- Don't you realize it's against the rules to do that?
- He recognized that she had to be Miss Malizy, but he could tell she didn't yet realize who he was.
- I didn't realize how late it was.
- I can hardly realize how large his loss was.
- The teacher realizes now how hard you worked.
- Only after they had crossed the river did they realize how great their danger had been.
- Finally I realized what he meant.
- They realized the situation to be against them.
- realize from (v.+prep.)
从…获得 gain sth from sth
realize sth from sth
He realized 10000 dollars from his investment.
他投资赚了10000美元。realize from sth that-clause
He realized from her remarks that she was homesick.
- realize on (v.+prep.)
通过出售…获得 gain money by the sale of goods
realize on sth
He realized on the house.
他把房子变卖了。realize sth on sth
How much did you realize on the paintings you sent to the sale?
Henry realized 50 dollars on the sale of the ring.
The company realized a large profit on the deal.
- realize aim 实现目标
- realize ambitions 实现抱负
- realize danger 意识到危险
- realize error 认识到错误
- realize goal 实现目标
- realize hopes 实现希望
- realize intention 实现意图
- realize limitations 清楚局限性
- realize property 变卖房产
- realize sacred causes 实现神圣事业
- realize scheme 实现计划
- realize task 完成任务
- realize the full implication 认识到全部含义
- realize the significance 认识到…的意义
- realize wish 实现愿望
- realize actually 真正认识到
- realize clearly 清楚地认识到
- realize dimly 模糊地认识到
- realize emphatically 惊人地意识到
- realize faintly 模糊地认识到
- realize fully 充分地认识到
- realize gloriously 愉快地领会
- realize hardly 很难体会到
- realize instinctively 本能地意识到
- realize keenly 敏锐地认识到
- realize nervously 不安地意识到
- realize piteously 令人同情地认识到
- realize shockingly 令人震惊地意识到
- realize sickeningly 使人厌恶地了解到
- realize speedily 很快地领悟
- realize vaguely 模糊地认识到
- realize vividly 清楚地认识
Practical measures to realize peace.出自： J. Reed
She seems to have realized herself, become a person in her own right.出自： L. P. Hartley
A conception..in a drawing will be..wrong realised as stone.出自： H. Moore
A..figure who had never realised his..potential.出自： A. N. Wilson
- realize的基本意思是使梦想、计划、希望等成为现实。引申可指人清楚地明白、领悟、体会到某事,诸如“无能”“危险”“差错”“困难”等。在非正式口语中, realize有时能作“认出”解。
- realize可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,可接名词、代词或that/wh-从句作宾语。作“了解”“认识到”解时不用于进行体,也不用于被动结构; 作“实现”解时可用于被动结构。
- realize, effect
- 前者一般用于有目的的行动,且实现起来相对比较容易; 后者多指实现离现实有一段距离的愿望等,实现起来相对较难,甚至有可能实现不了。在时间上, effect要快于realize。例如:
- The show effected nothing.展出没有取得效果。
- At last my wish was realized.最后我的愿望实现了。
- realize, embody, materialize
- realize指把希望、理想、计划等变成现实; embody指使抽象的原理、观念、特点、性质等具体化; materialize强调赋予原先模糊、朦胧、不可捉摸的东西以形体,使其看得见、摸得着。例如:
- The country's constitution embodies the ideals of freedom and equality.这个国家的宪法体现了自由和平等的理想。
- The magician appeared to materialize the rabbit from thin air.魔术师看来似乎是凭空气变出那兔子的。
- realize, know
- realize指全面透彻地了解,语气比know强; know指知道、懂得、会做某事,不如realize了解得透彻、全面。例如:
- So far as I know, he's abroad.据我所知,他在国外。
误 Nobody realized whether he was coming.
正 Nobody knew whether he was coming.
析 realize作“认识到”解时,指的是知晓某件事(实事),而不是未确定的事; 而know的宾语可以指未确定的事。
- ☆ 1611年进入英语，直接源自法语的raliser，意为实现；最初源自古法语的real。