- n. 员工；全体人员；全体职员；拐杖；杆；棒；五线谱
- vt. 配备员工
- [S] [C] 全体职员; 教职员 group of assistants working together in a business
- [P] 参谋,幕僚 chief of staff
- vt. 为…提供职员 supply with staff; provide the workers for
personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task;
"the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"
"the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose;
"he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
the body of teachers and administrators at a school;
"the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
a rod carried as a symbol
(music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
provide with staff;
"This position is not always staffed"
serve on the staff of;
"The two men staff the reception desk"
- I find the hotel staff particularly courteous.
- The school's teaching staff is/are excellent.
- This company has a staff of fifty.
- The manager fired an old staff yesterday.
- He works at the General Staff.
- They staffed a new school.
- There's nobody to staff the office today.
- We have not enough money to staff all our schools.
- How many employees will it take to staff this holiday resort?
- The school is staffed entirely by graduate.
- Most of our offices are staffed by volunteers.
- The hospital was staffed with sufficient numbers of trained personnel.
- staff by volunteers 由志愿者充当工作人员
- staff with sufficient numbers of trained personnel 配备数量充足、训练有素的人员
The blind fiddler struck the earth with his staff.出自： Sir W. Scott
I..dug my staff deeply into the snow.出自： J. Tyndall
They had one son, who had grown up to be the staff and pride of their age.出自： fig.
The Secretary's office was staffed by some fifty clerks.出自： J. P. Hennessy
Building new hospitals..and staffing them with..well-paid administrators.出自：Woman
We want more staff.
He is on the editorial staff of the newspaper.