- n. 身体；主体；正文；主要部分；尸体；躯体；团体
- v. 赋…以形体
- [C]身体,躯体; 躯干部 the whole physical structure of a person or animal as opposed to the mind or soul; this without the head or limbs
- [C]尸体,遗体 a dead person
- [S]主要〔最大〕部分 the main or largest part of sth
- [C]大量 a large amount
- [C]团体,机构,群体 a number of people who do sth together in a planned way
- [C]车体 the frame and outer covering of a car
- [C]物体; 天体 an object; piece of matter
- [U]浓郁; 醇厚; 丰满 a full strong quality
the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being);
"he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity;
"the whole body filed out of the auditorium"
"the student body"
a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person;
"they found the body in the lake"
an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects;
the body excluding the head and neck and limbs;
"they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
a collection of particulars considered as a system;
"a body of law"
"a body of doctrine"
"a body of precedents"
the property of holding together and retaining its shape;
"wool has more body than rayon"
"when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
the central message of a communication;
"the body of the message was short"
the main mass of a thing
a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
the external structure of a vehicle;
"the body of the car was badly rusted"
invest with or as with a body; give body to
- A balanced diet provides nutrition for your body.
- Alcoholic drink can have a bad effect on your body.
- He is not mentioned in the main body of the text.
- The only part you need to read carefully is the body of your contract.
- The audience sat in the body of the hall.
- The police found a body at the bottom of the lake.
- The body was cold and showed no signs of life.
- He chiselled the body in and became a member of it.
- Imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown.
- When a body is immersed in a fluid, it apparently loses weight.
- His body was racked with pain.
- The body quickly adjusts to change in temperature.
- His weakened body could never support another attack.
- His body slowly strengthened.
- Exercise stimulates the body.
- A terrible pain knifed his body.
- Disease invades the body.
- The function of a mammal's fur is to insulate the body.
- Where did the bullet enter the body?
- He buried his own body in the sand.
- He bent his body forward.
- Once he settled his body in the comfortable bed, he was soon asleep.
- He threw himself across the room shielding the child's body from the bullets.
- Wet clothes cling to the body.
- They had to submit to a thorough body search at the airport.
- Blood flows through our bodies.
- This medicine will help to flush out your body.
- The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale.
- Cancer destroyed her body but not her spirit.
- Man consists of soul and body.
- The temperature of the human body remains nearly constant.
- The weight of the sleeping child's body was pressing on me and making me uncomfortable.
- The fall jarred every bone in my body.
- The doctor injected the sedative into his body.
- Chemicals in the body break down our food into useful substances.
- These wastes are finally eliminated from the body in the urine.
- And now the old fighter counters with a blow to the body.
- The police officer shielded the child with her body.
- A fever usually signifies that there is something wrong with the body.
- With his own body Huang Jiguang blocked the muzzle of the enemy's machine gun.
- The arteries carry the blood from the heart to the various parts of the body.
- “My body, my miserable body,”she sighed,“Why isn't it strong?”
- He covered his wife with his body.
- Athletes have to look after their bodies.
- The body corrupted quite quickly.
- His body lies in the churchyard.
- The body will be removed into one of the cold storage chambers.
- The body was carried down by the stream.
- The bodies of the victims were to be laid out before their relatives were asked to identify them.
- Hundreds of people filed past the body of the dead leader, to pay their last respects.
- The police are hoping to identify the body by the gold fillings in the teeth.
- The detective investigating the murder case examined the body, inspected the scene of the crime, and scrutinized the weapon for clues.
- Draw a sheet over the dead body.
- He buried his loved dog's body.
- The police spotted two bodies washed ashore near a bridge.
- The man knelt down by the body.
- New fashions are exposing more and more of the body.
- The less severe winters are connected with the presence of a large body of water, which cools slower than land.
- It is easy to stamp out a car body nowadays.
- A few carefully chosen men went ahead while main body remained concealed in the valley.
- This was only one of the many bodies on which he had sat during his life of public service.
- They said he had resigned from both bodies.
- In space, all bodies attract other bodies.
- All bodies consist of molecules and molecules consist of atoms.
- I like a wine with plenty of body.
- This conditioner will give your hair more body.
- She is a nice old body.
- He is a good-natured body.
- bare the body 裸露身体
- bend one's body 俯身
- build up one's body 锻炼身体
- bury -dies 埋掉尸体
- destroy one's body 摧残身体
- enter the body 进入身体
- examine the body 检查尸体
- exercise one's body 锻炼身体
- flush out one's body 冲洗肠胃
- give body 使…形成主体,给…写上正文,使充实
- have a strong body 有结实的身体
- identify the body 辨认尸体
- insulate the body 使身体保温
- invade the body 侵害身体
- keep the body and soul together 勉强度日
- sell one's body 卖身
- stimulate the body 促进身体健康
- good-natured body 善人
- nice old body 很好的老太太
- beautiful body 优美的体型
- big body 粗大的身躯
- foreign body in the eye 眼中异物
- freely falling body 自由落体
- gaseous body 气体
- heavenly body 天体
- leading body 领导机构
- liquid body 液体
- miserable body 可怜的身体
- sick body 有病的身体,病体
- solid body 固体
- sound body 健康的身体
- strong body 强壮的身体
- the weakened body 虚弱的身体
- car body 汽车车身
- human body 人体
- research body 研究性团体
- student body 学生会
- all over the body 遍布全身
- as a body 作为一个团体
- by the body 在死尸旁
- in body 亲自地,自行
- in a body 一道,全体,全部,整齐
- the various parts of the body 身体的各部分
- with one's body 用身体
- a body of 一团〔片、堆、批、套〕
- a body of cold air 一团冷空气
- a body of water 一潭水
- one continuous body of water 一片水域
- the -dies of the victims 遇难者的遗体
- the body of the whale 鲸鱼体内
Then down from the car the weary people climbed, and stretched stiff bodies.出自： J. Steinbeck
Elongated animals with segmented bodies.出自： D. Attenborough
- body的基本意思是“身体”“躯体”“躯干部”,强调的是人相对于soul, mind, spirit的躯体,而不是人或健康状况,是可数名词。
- 在口语中, body可用来“指人”。
- body, corpse, remains
- 1.body和corpse可用于人也可用于动物; 而remains一般只用于人。在表示“身体”“躯体”“主干”等意思时,只能用body,不能用corpse和remains。例如:
- The fighters buried the bodies after a battle.在一场战斗之后,战士们掩埋了尸体。
- Mary's treasured little dog died yesterday. She buried its body to bear deep grieves.昨天玛丽心爱的小狗死了,她怀着深切的悲痛埋了它。
- The hunter found a corpse in the valley.猎人在山谷里发现了一具动物的尸体。
- She was laying out a corpse.她正为尸体做入殓安葬准备。
- He is a living corpse.他如同行尸走肉。
- in a body, in body
- 这两个短语意思不同:in a body指全体, in body指亲自。试比较下列两句:
- The staff resigned in a body.
- He went to see me in body.
- body, figure
- 这两个词意思不同:body指体格, figure指体形。试比较下列两句:
- He has a good body.
- He has a good figure.
误 His body looks very well.
正 He looks very well.他身体很棒。
误 His body is strong.
正 He is strong.
正 He has a strong body.我身体健康。
误 My body is healthy.
正 I am healthy.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bodig，意为躯干。