- [C]身体,躯体; 躯干部 the whole physical structure of a person or animal as opposed to the mind or soul; this without the head or limbs
- [C]尸体,遗体 a dead person
- [S]主要〔最大〕部分 the main or largest part of sth
- [C]大量 a large amount
- [C]团体,机构,群体 a number of people who do sth together in a planned way
- [C]车体 the frame and outer covering of a car
- [C]物体; 天体 an object; piece of matter
- [U]浓郁; 醇厚; 丰满 a full strong quality
- the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being);
"he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
- a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity;
"the whole body filed out of the auditorium"
"the student body"
- a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person;
"they found the body in the lake"
- an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects;
- the body excluding the head and neck and limbs;
"they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
- a collection of particulars considered as a system;
"a body of law"
"a body of doctrine"
"a body of precedents"
- the property of holding together and retaining its shape;
"wool has more body than rayon"
"when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
- the central message of a communication;
"the body of the message was short"
- the main mass of a thing
- a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
- the external structure of a vehicle;
"the body of the car was badly rusted"
- invest with or as with a body; give body to
- A balanced diet provides nutrition for your body.
- Alcoholic drink can have a bad effect on your body.
- He is not mentioned in the main body of the text.
- The only part you need to read carefully is the body of your contract.
- The police found a body at the bottom of the lake.
- The body was cold and showed no signs of life.
- He chiselled the body in and became a member of it.
- Imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown.
When a body is immersed in a fluid, it apparently loses weight.
His body was racked with pain.
The body quickly adjusts to change in temperature.
His weakened body could never support another attack.
His body slowly strengthened.
Exercise stimulates the body.
A terrible pain knifed his body.
Disease invades the body.
The function of a mammal's fur is to insulate the body.
Where did the bullet enter the body?
He buried his own body in the sand.
He bent his body forward.
Once he settled his body in the comfortable bed, he was soon asleep.
He threw himself across the room shielding the child's body from the bullets.
Wet clothes cling to the body.
They had to submit to a thorough body search at the airport.
Blood flows through our bodies.
This medicine will help to flush out your body.
The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale.
Cancer destroyed her body but not her spirit.
Man consists of soul and body.
The temperature of the human body remains nearly constant.
The weight of the sleeping child's body was pressing on me and making me uncomfortable.
The fall jarred every bone in my body.
The doctor injected the sedative into his body.
Chemicals in the body break down our food into useful substances.
These wastes are finally eliminated from the body in the urine.
And now the old fighter counters with a blow to the body.
The police officer shielded the child with her body.
A fever usually signifies that there is something wrong with the body.
With his own body Huang Jiguang blocked the muzzle of the enemy's machine gun.
The arteries carry the blood from the heart to the various parts of the body.
“My body, my miserable body,”she sighed,“Why isn't it strong?”
He covered his wife with his body.
Athletes have to look after their bodies.
The body corrupted quite quickly.
His body lies in the churchyard.
The body will be removed into one of the cold storage chambers.
The body was carried down by the stream.
The bodies of the victims were to be laid out before their relatives were asked to identify them.
Hundreds of people filed past the body of the dead leader, to pay their last respects.
The police are hoping to identify the body by the gold fillings in the teeth.
The detective investigating the murder case examined the body, inspected the scene of the crime, and scrutinized the weapon for clues.
Draw a sheet over the dead body.
He buried his loved dog's body.
The police spotted two bodies washed ashore near a bridge.
The man knelt down by the body.
New fashions are exposing more and more of the body.
The less severe winters are connected with the presence of a large body of water, which cools slower than land.
It is easy to stamp out a car body nowadays.
A few carefully chosen men went ahead while main body remained concealed in the valley.
This was only one of the many bodies on which he had sat during his life of public service.
They said he had resigned from both bodies.
In space, all bodies attract other bodies.
All bodies consist of molecules and molecules consist of atoms.
I like a wine with plenty of body.
This conditioner will give your hair more body.
She is a nice old body.
He is a good-natured body.
- bare the body 裸露身体
- bend one's body 俯身
- build up one's body 锻炼身体
- bury -dies 埋掉尸体
- destroy one's body 摧残身体
- enter the body 进入身体
- examine the body 检查尸体
- exercise one's body 锻炼身体
- flush out one's body 冲洗肠胃
- give body 使…形成主体,给…写上正文,使充实
- have a strong body 有结实的身体
- identify the body 辨认尸体
- insulate the body 使身体保温
- invade the body 侵害身体
- keep the body and soul together 勉强度日
- sell one's body 卖身
- stimulate the body 促进身体健康
- good-natured body 善人
- nice old body 很好的老太太
- beautiful body 优美的体型
- big body 粗大的身躯
- foreign body in the eye 眼中异物
- freely falling body 自由落体
- gaseous body 气体
- heavenly body 天体
- leading body 领导机构
- liquid body 液体
- miserable body 可怜的身体
- sick body 有病的身体,病体
- solid body 固体
- sound body 健康的身体
- strong body 强壮的身体
- the weakened body 虚弱的身体
- all over the body 遍布全身
- as a body 作为一个团体
- by the body 在死尸旁
- in body 亲自地,自行
- in a body 一道,全体,全部,整齐
- the various parts of the body 身体的各部分
- with one's body 用身体
Then down from the car the weary people climbed, and stretched stiff bodies.出自：J. Steinbeck
Elongated animals with segmented bodies.出自：D. Attenborough
- body的基本意思是“身体”“躯体”“躯干部”,强调的是人相对于soul, mind, spirit的躯体,而不是人或健康状况,是可数名词。
- 在口语中, body可用来“指人”。
- body, corpse, remains
这三个词的共同意思是“尸体”“遗体”。其区别在于:1.body和corpse可用于人也可用于动物; 而remains一般只用于人。在表示“身体”“躯体”“主干”等意思时,只能用body,不能用corpse和remains。例如:The fighters buried the bodies after a battle.在一场战斗之后,战士们掩埋了尸体。Mary's treasured little dog died yesterday. She buried its body to bear deep grieves.昨天玛丽心爱的小狗死了,她怀着深切的悲痛埋了它。The hunter found a corpse in the valley.猎人在山谷里发现了一具动物的尸体。She was laying out a corpse.她正为尸体做入殓安葬准备。2.在表示“行尸走肉”这一意思时,只能用corpse,不能用body和remains。例如:He is a living corpse.他如同行尸走肉。3.remains是书面语,比较庄重。
- in a body, in body
这两个短语意思不同:in a body指全体, in body指亲自。试比较下列两句:
- The staff resigned in a body.
- He went to see me in body.
- body, figure
- He has a good body.
- He has a good figure.
误 His body looks very well.
正 He looks very well.
误 His body is strong.
正 He is strong.
正 He has a strong body.
误 My body is healthy.
正 I am healthy.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的boidg，意为躯干。
- body:body n. 身体, 肉体, 人, 尸体, 主要部分, 团体, 大量vt. 赋以形体习惯用语A little body often harbours a great soul. [谚]人小志大; 伟…