- n. 列车；火车；行列；一系列
- vt. 训练；培训；瞄准
- vi. 进行锻炼，接收训练；练习
- [C]列车,火车 railway engine with several carriages or trucks linked to and pulled by it
- [S]一系列相关的事情、想法等 sequence of connected events, thoughts, etc.
- vt. & vi. 训练,锻炼; 培养 prepare sb for sth by teaching and practice; give teaching and practice to sb in order to bring to a desired standard of behaviour, efficiency or physical condition
- vt. 使朝某方向生长,整枝 cause (a plant) to grow in a required direction
public transport provided by a line of railway cars coupled together and drawn by a locomotive;
"express trains don't stop at Princeton Junction"
a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding;
"a string of islands"
"train of mourners"
"a train of thought"
a procession (of wagons or mules or camels) traveling together in single file;
"we were part of a caravan of almost a thousand camels"
"they joined the wagon train for safety"
a series of consequences wrought by an event;
"it led to a train of disasters"
piece of cloth forming the long back section of a gown that is drawn along the floor;
"the bride's train was carried by her two young nephews"
wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed;
"the fool got his tie caught in the geartrain"
create by training and teaching;
"The old master is training world-class violinists"
"we develop the leaders for the future"
undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession;
"She is training to be a teacher"
"He trained as a legal aid"
develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control;
"Parents must discipline their children"
"Is this dog trained?"
educate for a future role or function;
"He is grooming his son to become his successor"
"The prince was prepared to become King one day"
"They trained him to be a warrior"
teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment;
"Cultivate your musical taste"
"Train your tastebuds"
"She is well schooled in poetry"
point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards;
"Please don't aim at your little brother!"
"He trained his gun on the burglar"
"Don't train your camera on the women"
"Take a swipe at one's opponent"
teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports;
"He is training our Olympic team"
"She is coaching the crew"
exercise in order to prepare for an event or competition;
"She is training for the Olympics"
cause to grow in a certain way by tying and pruning it;
"train the vine"
travel by rail or train;
"They railed from Rome to Venice"
"She trained to Hamburg"
drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground;
"The toddler was trailing his pants"
"She trained her long scarf behind her"
- The 6:30 train for Berlin has been canceled.
- I lost my train by three minutes.
- I saw a camel train.
- The telephone rang and interrupted my train of thought.
- The challenger has been training hard for the big fight.
- In the interest of our clients, we would train their technical staff at request.
- He trained his binoculars on the distant figures.
- Terrorists have been setting off bombs in underground trains.
- I got into the taxi quickly,“Euston station, please, and step on it!My train leaves in ten minutes!”
- His brother went to the train with him to see him off.
- We must see about booking our seats on the train.
- If you are too busy,I'll see about the train tickets.
- I saw the train come into the station.
- The train is going at full speed.
- At last the train started.
- A chance action may sometimes set off a whole train of events.
- A long train of men and horses passed by.
- His telephone call interrupted my train of thought.
- The chief was followed by a train of soldiers and servants.
- The wedding gown has a long train.
- The train is dirty.
- You'll have to train hard before the next match.
- Train roses along a wall.
- Mr. Smith trains the football team.
- They are training soldiers.
- They train technical cadres in short courses.
- The country needs to train five thousand doctors a year.
- You've trained your children very well.
- It trained his ear.
- I was never trained that way, you see.
- They trained him as an engineer.
- He trained them to be bold selfless fighters for the interests of the people.
- His job was training the students to be good builders of the country.
- She trained the children to be honest, well-informed and principled.
- They trained him young.
- He was trained there as a mining engineer.
- He was trained to be a doctor but decided to become an actor instead.
- In this way we train them to read fluently and accurately.
- My parents trained me to behave properly.
- They trained their dogs to hunt.
- You should train your dog not to bark.
- We must train students to meet these requirements.
- We also train them to make use of reference books.
- This of course didn't escape his trained eyes.
- Her trained ear detected the weaknesses.
- He was now a highly trained journalist of a new type.
- There was a shortage of trained nurses.
- in train
准备妥当 being prepared
- train for (v.+prep.)
为…训练(某人),为…而接受训练 learn in order to be able to do a job or enter a competition
train for sth
Jim has been training for the big race for weeks now.
Our football team are training for the preliminary of the World Cup.
He is training for the boat-race.
他正在为赛船训练。train sb/oneself for sth/v-ing
They trained her for nursing.
They trained John for flying.
I train myself for a race.
He was trained for gardening at the Agricultural College.
- train off (v.+adv.)
The shot trained off.
- train on (v.+prep.)
对准或瞄准 point or aim (a gun, camera, etc.)
train sth on sb/sth
He trained his binoculars on the distant figures.
The fireman trained their hoses on the burning building.
He trained his gun on the intruder.
- train up (v.+adv.)
(充分)培养,训练,教育 train as fully as possible; educate
train sb ⇔ up
The child was trained up in a good school.
All the technical staff are trained up to a high level of efficiency.
- beat the train 逃票乘火车
- board a train 登上火车
- catch the train 赶乘火车
- change trains 换乘火车
- delay a train 耽搁火车
- drive a train 开火车
- get off a train 下火车
- get on a train 上火车
- get out of a train 下火车
- jump a train 违章搭乘运货列车
- leave the train at 在…下火车
- miss one's train 误火车
- pull a train 牵引火车
- stop a train 使火车停下
- take a train 坐火车
- down train 下行列车
- early train 早班车
- east-bound train 东行列车
- electric train 电力机车
- extra train 增开的列车
- fast train 快车
- international train 国际列车
- local train 地方短途火车
- long-distance train 长途列车
- mixed train 客货混合列车
- next train 下一班列车
- slow train 慢车
- special train 专列
- stopping train 中途停多个站的慢车
- through train 直达列车
- wild train 不按行车时间表开出的列车
- boat train 按期接送乘客的火车
- freight train 货车
- goods train 货车
- hospital train (运送伤员的)医院列车
- morning train 早车
- night train 夜车
- passenger train 客车
- railway train 火车
- steam train 蒸汽机火车
- train attendants 列车服务员
- train for ones home town 去故乡的火车
- train for Shanghai 去上海的火车
- train from a city 由城市开出的火车
- a train of ideas 一系列主意
- train to a city 开往城市的火车
- train hard 紧张训练
- train well 训练有素
- train adequately 充分地训练
- train competently 能胜任训练
- train highly 受过良好训练
- train professionally 受过专业训练
- train specially 受过特殊培训
- train systematically 系统训练
- train technically 受过技术培训
- train theoretically 理论训练
- train off 从事锻炼以消除
- train up 训练,培养
The long train of her..gown swept the dead leaves off the steps.出自： Baroness Orczy
Macbeth By many of these trains hath sought to win me Into his power.出自：Macbeth , Shakespeare
To train me to prison under false pretexts.出自： Sir W. Scott
- train也可指“鱼贯而行的人〔动物〕”或“追随某人的人群”“随员”; 还可表示“长的衣、袍、裙等拖在地上的部分”。
- train的基本意思是“训练,培养”,指促使某人学得知识或技能,以便能够从事某种职业或进行某种工作。强调教育者具有明确的目标或宗旨,也暗示受教育者的绝对服从,除此便不能成为适应需要的人才。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词作宾语。还可接以“(as/to be) n./adj. ”或动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。
- train还可指“使植物朝某方向生长”“整枝”,用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,其宾语后接表示方向的against, along , over, up等短语。
- train, aim, level, point
- 1.瞄准方法不同:aim指端起枪瞄准; train指把枪放在对准其目标的位置上; level指把枪放在水平位置上瞄准; point则指以某物的一端或尖端对准某一点。例如:
- The army trained its cannon on the fort.军队把大炮对准了要塞。
- The second sentry leveled his halberd at the parson's breast.第二个警卫把他的戟对准了牧师的胸口。
- He pointed his finger at me.他用手指着我。
- 2.搭配范围不同:aim和train可以表示以镜头对准; 而level和point不能这样用。例如可以说He trained the camera upon the children.它把相机对准孩子们。
- 3.连用的介词不同:aim与at, for连用; train与on〔upon〕连用; level与at, against 连用; 而point则与at, to连用。
- 4.使用场合不同:aim for多见于较正式的文体中。
- train, drill, exercise, practise
- We should constantly exercise our muscles.我们应该经常锻炼肌肉。
- You should practise playing the piano regularly.你应该按时练习弹钢琴。
- Their early training programmes them to be obedient and submissive.他们早先受过的教育把他们训练得俯首帖耳、唯命是从。
- train, coach, educate, instruct, school, teach, tutor
- 1.teach的概念最广泛,意义最普通,可以指讲授一门课程,也可指传授一种技能,也可能仅指帮助别人能解决一些问题或处理事情。而instruct, educate, train和school则各有其侧重点。instruct强调的是“系统性”; educate强调的是“总体性”; train强调的是“方向性”,而school强调的则是“严格性”。现分述如下：
- Dr. Williams instructs classes in algebra.威廉博士教代数课。
- The poor boy had to educate himself in the evening after finishing his work.这可怜的孩子只有在工作完以后的晚上自学。
- Some schools teach, but fail to educate their students.有些学校只教给学生知识,却忽略了育人。
- We are educated under the Party.我们受党的教育。
- ③train指的“教育”带有明显的方向性,或者造就某方面需要的人才,或者是训练某种特殊技能,以达到体力极佳、智力极强、反应极敏锐,从而迅速地胜任某种工作、任务或参加某比赛,也可以用于驯服动物或使植物向某方向生长。在训练方法上, train指由易到难,循序渐进,在这一点上与instruct有些接近。例如:
- They were trained as animal doctors in this school.他们在这所学校里得到训练,成为兽医。
- He is specially trained for this kind of work.为了胜任这种工作,他曾受过特殊训练。
- The old farmer trained his horse to do farm work for him.老农夫训练他的马为他干农活。
- Mother tried to train the vines over the porch.母亲想引导葡萄藤爬到门廊上面。
- She was schooled in foreign languages.她在外语方面受到过严格训练。
- His father was schooled in Harvard.他的父亲是在哈佛大学受教育的。
- The parents schooled their children in politeness.家长们严格教育子女们讲礼貌。
- He was schooled by life itself.生活本身锻炼了他。
- 2.teach和instruct在用法上也不同, teach接sb sth; 而instruct接sb in sth。试比较下面两个句子：
- Mr. Smith taught us English.
- Mr. Smith instructed us in English.
- 另外,两词接to- v 时意思也不同：teach sb to- v 的意思是“教某人做某事”,而instruct sb to- v 的意思是命令或通知某人做某事。例如:
- He taught us to run the machine.他教我们开机器。
- We are instructed when to start.已有人通知我们何时出发。
- I'll coach some of the students this evening.今晚我要辅导几个学生。
- He is coaching a basketball team.他正在指导一个篮球队。
- The teacher tutors him to play the piano.这位教师教他弹钢琴。
- I offered to tutor him in English.我建议替他补习英文。
误 He goes to work by the train every day.
正 He goes to work by train every day.你坐火车去,还是坐汽车去?
误 Did you go by a train or by a car?
正 Did you go by train or by car?
析 by train表示“乘火车”,指交通方式, train前不能加the或a。那位老人在开往北京的火车上。
误 The old man went to Beijing in train.
正 The old man went to Beijing in a train.
析 如具体地指“坐着火车”, train前则须加介词a或the。你应该在这个车站转车。
误 You must change the train at this station.
正 You must change trains at this station.
- trainee n. 接受训练的人‖trainer n. 训练者;教练机