- [C]屏障；障碍物 an object like a fence that prevents people from moving forward from one place to another
- [C]障碍；阻力；关卡 a problem, rule or situation that prevents sb from doing sth, or that makes sth impossible
- [C]分界线；隔阂；障碍 sth that exists between one thing or person and another and keeps them separate
- [C]难以逾越的数量或水平 a particular amount , level or number which it is difficult to get past
a structure or object that impedes free movement
any condition that makes it difficult to make progress or to achieve an objective;
"intolerance is a barrier to understanding"
anything serving to maintain separation by obstructing vision or access
- The ice skater rammed into the barrier.
- Heavy duties on imports and exports are a barrier to international trade.
- The Sahara Desert is a natural barrier between north and central Africa.
- At length the barriers were opened and five knights advanced slowly into the area.
- Barriers have been erected all along the route that the Pope will take.
- These regulations would place barriers in the way of genetic research.
- The horse jumped over the wooden barrier.
- Fans broke through the barriers and rushed onto the pitch.
- The figure for inflation could go through the 5 per cent barrier.
- The police put up barriers to control the crowd.
- He is the first player whose earnings passed the $10 million barrier.
- Language differences did not appear to be a barrier.
- Show your ticket at the barrier before you board the train.
- The crowd had to stand behind barriers.
- Despite the language barrier, they soon became good friends.
- They were on different sides of a high barrier.
- There was a barrier across the road at the frontier.
- A tree fell across the road and made a barrier to traffic.
- They erected dikes as a barrier against the sea.
- Ozone is the earth's barrier against ultraviolet radiation.
- The country set up trade barriers against imported goods.
- We're trying to break down barriers between young people from both communities.
- The river is a natural barrier between the two countries.
- The river is the last barrier between the rebel army and the city.
- Barriers between nations are reared by slow and infrequent communication.
- There was an impassable barrier between the white race and the one which they had reduced to slavery.
- These newcomers have helped to break down some of the old barriers between the two parties.
- There was no real barrier between reality and fantasy in his mind.
- The mountains acted as a natural barrier to the spread of the disease.
- The Yangtze River is a natural barrier to the north-east.
- Disability need not be a barrier to a successful career.
- Lack of confidence is a psychological barrier to success.
- Lack of confidence is the biggest barrier to investment in the region.
- High levels of debt are a major barrier to economic development.
- Language differences are often a barrier to mutual understanding.
- Poor health and lack of money may both be barriers to educational progress.
- Racism is a barrier to success.
- Shyness is one of the biggest barriers to making friends.
- That different peoples speak different languages is a real barrier to understanding.
- abolish the barrier 消除障碍
- break down the barrier 消除障碍
- build a barrier 设置障碍
- constitute a barrier 设置障碍
- create a barrier 设置障碍
- demolish the barrier 消除障碍
- erect a barrier 设置障碍
- form a barrier 设置障碍
- overcome a barrier 越过障碍物
- pass through a barrier 通过栅栏
- place a barrier 安置障碍物
- put a barrier across the road 在路上设关卡
- remove the barrier 消除障碍
- set up a barrier 设置障碍
- smash the barrier 消除障碍
- tear down the barrier 消除障碍
- artificial barrier 人为的障碍
- cultural barriers 文化障碍
- ideological barriers 思想障碍
- impassable barrier 不可逾越的障碍
- impenetrable barrier 不可逾越的障碍
- insurmountable barrier 不可逾越的障碍
- natural barrier 天然屏障
- racial barrier 种族隔阂
- social barriers 社会的障碍
- sonic barrier 音障
- crush barrier 栅栏
- police barrier 警察屏障
- customs barriers 关税壁垒
- immigration barriers 移民障碍
- international trade barriers 国际贸易障碍
- language barriers 语言障碍
- sound barrier 音障
- tariff barriers 关税壁垒
- trade barriers 贸易壁垒
Then when the barrier goes up he is off like his name, Sunstreak.出自： Sherwood Anderson
- barrier作“阻力；障碍；关卡”解时常接介词短语to sth;作“分界线；隔阂；障碍”解时常接介词短语between A and B或against sth。
- barrier, barricade