- vt. 坚持；坚决主张
- vi. 坚持；强调
- vt. & vi. 力言,坚决主张 declare firmly
- vt. & vi. 坚持 order (sth to happen)
be emphatic or resolute and refuse to budge;
"I must insist!"
beg persistently and urgently;
"I importune you to help them"
assert to be true;
"The letter asserts a free society"
- He insisted that he had done right.
- They insist that I stay there for supper.
- Since you insist, I must amend the letter of credit.
- He insisted on paying for the meal.
- I must insist on more regular hours.
- I will have another glass if you insist.
- Our English teacher insists that we should speak English in and out of class.
- They insisted that she should be invited.
- I insisted that you should be there on time.
- He insisted that we should take up the matter at the meeting.
- They insist that the right to live should take priority over all other considerations.
- He insisted that we should set off immediately.
- We'll insist that past mistakes should be corrected.
- I insisted that he should go.
- He insisted that I ought to see Brown alone .
- He insists that she will be invited to our party.
- He insisted that she lie down for a while.
- I insisted that he come with us.
- The girl insisted that she was not to blame.
- I insisted that he was wrong.
- Madam Curie insisted (that) there was something in nature that gave out radiation.
- She insisted (that) she had not done wrong.
- The teacher insisted that the student should be criticized while the student insisted that he had done nothing wrong.
- “Surely he did right,” she insisted.
- “You'll go together with us,” he insisted.
- insist on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
坚持; 强调 declare; order; demand
insist on〔upon〕 sth
He insisted on his demand.
We insist on self-reliance.
They always insist on a high standard.
Most universities insist on an interview before they accept a student.
I insist on quietness.
From now on let's insist on good quality no matter how hard we have to work for it.
We insist upon a definite answer.
He did not insist upon that point.
校方明确地坚持对教师的能力要用高标准要求。insist on〔upon〕 (sb's/sb/sth/) v-ing
He insisted on going to the cinema.
I insist on taking proper food for the expedition.
The doctor insisted on performing an operation on the patient at once.
He insisted on paying for the meal.
They insisted on helping us in the kitchen.
She insisted on seeing us off at the airport.
He insists on driving her home.
If they insist on fighting, we will keep them company.
He insisted on carrying out the test.
I insist on being present.
They insisted upon sending a car over to fetch us.
I insisted upon visiting London with my cousin.
She insisted on not writing at once.
She insisted on not letting out her real name.
We insisted on his staying with us for a week again.
He insisted on your giving a satisfactory answer to him.
I insist on his taking a good rest.
I insisted on your coming with me.
We insist on your giving us a straight answer.
I insist on your being there.
He got wet, and so I insisted on his changing his clothes.
He insists upon the teacher's coming back to his school immediately.
The shop owner insisted on my sending the clothes to Bill.
They insisted upon her staying in the rear.
I insisted upon her leaving my house without delay.
The teacher insisted on all the homework being handed in on Monday.
- insist one's correctness 坚持说自己是对的
- insist absolutely 绝对坚持
- insist accidentally 偶尔坚持
- insist apparently 明显坚持
- insist assiduously 不懈地坚持
- insist belligerently 挑衅性地命令
- insist blandly 温和地强调
- insist deliberately 故意坚持
- insist desperately 不顾一切地坚持
- insist determinedly 坚决坚持
- insist dramatically 戏剧性地坚持
- insist eloquently 雄辩地坚持
- insist emphatically 有力地坚持
- insist energetically 充满活力地坚持
- insist eternally 永久地坚持
- insist exclusively 独自坚持
- insist extemporaneously 临时地坚持
- insist falsely 错误地坚持
- insist generally 一般性地坚持
- insist glowingly 热情地坚持
- insist grudgingly 勉强坚持
- insist heartlessly 无意坚持
- insist honourably 光明正大地坚持
- insist hotly 激烈地坚持
- insist impressively 令人难忘地坚持
- insist indignantly 威严地坚持
- insist inexpressibly 无法形容地坚持
- insist instinctively 本能地坚持
- insist intensely 强烈地坚持
- insist intentionally 有目的地坚持
- insist intermittently 断断续续地坚持
- insist largely 大体上坚持
- insist logically 合理地坚持
- insist necessarily 有必要地坚持
- insist noiselessly 悄悄地坚持
- insist obstinately 固执地坚持
- insist ostensibly 表面上坚持
- insist painfully 痛苦地坚持
- insist powerfully 强有力地坚持
- insist practically 实际坚持
- insist primarily 首要坚持
- insist readily 有准备地坚持
- insist reasonably 明智地坚持
- insist rightly 正确地坚持,合理地要求
- insist solely 单独地坚持
- insist specifically 具体地坚持
- insist speciously 特别地坚持
- insist strenuously 艰难地坚持
- insist superficially 表面上坚持
- insist symbolically 象征性地坚持
- insist unanimously 一致坚持
- insist unfortunately 不幸地坚持
- insist unhesitatingly 毫不迟疑地坚持
- insist uniformly 一致地坚持
- insist unnecessarily 不必要地坚持
- insist unquestionably 毫无疑问地坚持
- insist unreasonably 不合理地坚持
- insist unsuccessfully 不成功地坚持
- insist uselessly 没必要地坚持
- insist violently 强烈坚持
- insist voluntarily 自愿坚持
Socrates is not prepared to insist on the literal accuracy of this description.出自： B. Jowett
- insist既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。作及物动词时,不能用名词、代词或动词不定式作宾语,只能接that引导的从句。若指尚未发生的动作,从句谓语常用虚拟语气(should+动词原形或直接用动词原形); 若表示一个已发生的动作或已存在的状态时,从句谓语多用陈述语气。that有时可以省略。
- insist, persist, stick to
- 1.insist常用于坚持意见、看法、主张等; persist一般用于坚持行动,偶尔用于对某种意见坚持不变; 而stick to多用于坚持原则、计划、决定、诺言、意见等。例如:
- I insist on telling him how great you are.我一定要告诉他你是多么了不起。
- I persisted that we should walk there.我坚持我们步行去。
- Jack always sticks to his promise.杰克总是信守自己的诺言。
- 2.insist后接介词on+名词或动名词,也可接that从句; 而persist后接介词in〔with〕加名词或动名词构成的短语,而不接不定式。例如:
- He insisted on trying again, regardless of the consequences.他不顾后果,执意要再试一试。
- He persisted in saying so.他坚持这样说。
误 She insisted to leave because it was so late.
正 She insisted on leaving because it was so late.
析 insist后面不能用动词不定式作宾语。表示“坚持做某事”,应该说insist on〔upon〕 doing sth,其中insist是不及物动词,在介词on或upon后常接动名词。我们坚持要他来。
误 We insisted in him coming.
正 We insisted on〔upon〕 him coming.
误 She insisted on that we should have supper there.
正 She insisted that we should have supper there.
误 Since her blood pressure is much higher than it should be, her doctor insists that she will not smoke.
正 Since her blood pressure is much higher than it should be, her doctor insists that she should not smoke.
误 The Arab insisted that he should never seen the camel.
正 The Arab insisted that he had never seen the camel.
析 insist表示坚持已存在的事实或已发生的动作时, that引导的宾语从句不用虚拟式,而须用陈述式。
- ☆ 1586年进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的insistere：in(在……上） + sistere (采取立场），意为采取立场。