the state of demanding notice or attention;
"the insistence of their hunger"
"the press of business matters"
the act of insisting on something;
"insistence on grammatical correctness is a conservative position"
- I must insist on more regular hours.
- I always insist on wholemeal bread.
- I insist that you withdraw your offensive remarks immediately.
- She insist that it do not make any difference to her.
- The bank will insist on collateral for a loan of that size.
- The censor insist on excise the passage from the film.