- 控制（情绪），克制， 压制（情欲）
- [C]主人 a man in control of people, animals or things
- [C]男教师; 院长 a male teacher; the head of certain university or colleges
- [C]大师,手艺灵巧的人 a man who has great skill in art or in working with his hands
- [C]原模,原版,母带 sth which copies are made
- [A]精通的,熟练的,优秀的 having a lot of skill as a result of long experience
- [A]主要的,重要的 chief; most important
- vt. 做…的主人; 控制; 征服 gain control over
- vt. 熟练; 精通 learn thoroughly
- an artist of consummate skill;
"a master of the violin"
"one of the old masters"
- a person who has general authority over others
- a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- directs the work of others
- presiding officer of a school
- an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- someone who holds a master's degree from academic institution
- an authority qualified to teach apprentices
- key that secures entrance everywhere
- most important element;
"the chief aim of living"
"the main doors were of solid glass"
"the principal rivers of America"
"the principal example"
"policemen were primary targets"
"the master bedroom"
"a master switch"
- be or become completely proficient or skilled in;
"She mastered Japanese in less than two years"
- get on top of; deal with successfully;
"He overcame his shyness"
- have dominance or the power to defeat over;
"Her pain completely mastered her"
"The methods can master the problems"
- have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of;
"Do you control these data?"
- The dog remained faithful to his master.
- I can be a master of myself in learning.
- He is a Master of Science.
- She learned to master her anger.
- It's not easy to master a foreign language.
- There is always a master for each of these services and there may be one or more replicas.
- Ramchandra Dutta, one of the chief householder disciples of the Master, lived in Calcutta.
- The servant tried to gauge his master's mood.
- He was offten beaten up by his master.
- His father was a master carpenter.
The master left his money with a trusty servant.
Mother is the master of his family.
It is well known that he is the master of the present situation.
A dog's master is its owner.
Linda has to tend on her master to make a living.
Like master.like man.
He is our music master.
The village master taught his little school.
He has been the Master of King's College,Cambridge.
The master of the ship was drowned.
The master refused to leave his sinking ship while there were others on board
This painting is an old masterpiece.
Grandfather was a master at silversmithing.
He's a real master at carving animals.
He studied painting under the masters.
You've left your master in the photocopier.
He holds an Oxford M.A.degree.
She's a Master of Arts.
Mary-lou took her business school Master's degree at a college near Paris.
The young man is a master builder.
He is a master engineer.
That young man is a master singer.
Do you think that an absent-minded fellow like Tom can become a master carpenter?
The camel wanted to master the tent.
We must master time.
They are able to master the situation.
He made an effort to master his feelings.
You have to master your temper.
Man can master nature.
He has mastered the ship's crew.
They attempt to master the world.
The horse tried to run away, but Paul succeeded in mastering it.
She has mastered several foreign languages, for instance French.
He never mastered the art of public speaking.
She has mastered the art of flower arrangement.
I hope to improve myself by learning to master a number of crafts.
I'm sure he can master his destiny.
He has mastered every detail of the business.
Confrontations must be mastered as they arise.
John has mastered riding his bicycle.
- be master of
控制,掌握 control; master
She is master of the situation. 她控制着局面。
After hard fighting, the defenders were still masters of the city. 守军经过奋战仍然控制着城市。
This was before man was total master of his environment. 这发生在人类能完全控制其环境之前。
Water is the master of the life. 水是生命之本。
She is master of enterprise management. 她精通于企业管理。
If only I could be master of this subject. 我多么希望能精通这门学科。
He is Jack of all trades and master of none. 他无所不能,而一无所有。
- 控制,掌握 control; master
- be master of one's destiny
掌握自己的命运 control his or her own fate
You cannot be the master of your destiny. 你不能决定自己的命运。
- 掌握自己的命运 control his or her own fate
- be master of oneself
把某人置于完全控制之下 have oneself under complete control
They were absolute masters of themselves under fire. 他们在敌人炮火下泰然自若。
Because of the enormous responsibility they hold, it is imperative that submarine commanders are masters of themselves as well as their vessels and crew. 由于负有重大责任,潜水艇上的指挥员们不仅要控制住自己而且还要指挥好他们的舰艇和全体船员。
- 把某人置于完全控制之下 have oneself under complete control
- make oneself master of
熟练,精通; 能运用自如 be good at sth
He has made himself master of the language. 他已经精通这种语言。
- 熟练,精通; 能运用自如 be good at sth
- be one's own master 能独立自主,不受别人控制
- become a master 成为主人
- follow one's master 顺从主人,跟在主人后面
- hate one's master 憎恨主人
- like one's master 喜欢自己的主人
- serve a master 为主人效劳,侍奉主人
- cruel master 残忍的主人
- famous master 著名的大师
- good-hearted master 好心的主人
- grand master 大师(水平最高棋手的称号)
- great master 大师,名家
- old master 老师傅,名家
- outstanding master 杰出的大师
- severe master 严厉的主人
- young master 小主人
- master at… 的能手
- master in literature 大文学家,文豪
- master in one's own house 不受别人干涉
- master of 精通…的人
- master of art 艺术大师
- master of Arts 文科硕士
- master of Science 理科硕士
- master on the situation 能控制局势,善于随机应变
- master a foreign language 掌握一门外语
- master a horse 驯马
- master nature 征服自然
- master one's anger 强压怒火
- master the art 掌握艺术
- master the situation 控制局势
Like stinging bees..Led by their master to the flow'red fields.出自：Titus Andronicus,Shakespeare
Lord Edward was mastered, brought to the Castle, and committed to Newgate.出自：J. Beresford
Deep grief masters me.出自：G. P. R. James
His wife used to be his master.
- make oneself (the) master of词组中，定冠词the可加可不加，但不能加不定冠词a；
- Master Eric Jones等类似称呼中，Master指十五六岁不到的孩子。复数形式有the Masters Jones或the Master Joneses，前者比后者更加正式。
- master也可指“男教师”。在美国master teacher意为“老教师”。
- master用作形容词的意思是“精通的,熟练的,优秀的”,也可作“主要的,重要的” 解。
- She is master of chess.
- She is a master of chess.
- She is the master of chess.
误 As students of English, we must master the language very well.
正 As students of English, we must master the language.
正 As students of English, we must gain the mastery of the language.
正 As students of English, we must have a good command of the language.
析 master已含“精通”的意思,不必加very well,可以改用gain the mastery of 或 have a good command of等惯用语。但其中的介词 of不能换用in。
误 The advanced worker taught us how to master the machine.
正 The advanced worker taught us how to operate the machine.
析 master一般指“精通”,是对知识而言,而没有具体“地操纵”“掌握机器”的意思。可以说master a language; 但不可说master a machine〔tractor〕等,应改为operate。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的mgester，意为有的威权人；最初源自拉丁语的magister，意为首领，老师。
- n.(名词) boss captain chief director governor instructor owner
- adj.(形容词) able best chief choice expert main masterly primary prime principal skilled supreme
- v.(动词) acquire check control direct learn manage rule suppress
- MASTER:Manufacturing And Structuring Technology for Efficient Rotorcraft制造和构建技术进行有效的旋翼机
- MASTER:Millimeter-Wave Acquisitions for Stratosphere/Troposphere Exchange Research对平流层/毫米波收购交易的研究。对流层
- MASTER:Maritime Automatic Super Track Enhanced Reporting (Office of Naval Research program)海事自动跟踪报道(提高超海军研究计画)
- master:master n. 主人, 雇主, (男)教师, 熟练技工, 师傅, 大师, 硕士, 少爷adj. 主人的, 熟练的, 高明的, 主要的vt. 征服, 控制, 精通习惯用语be master in o…