- v. 学会；学习；得知
- 认识到，弄清楚 ，了解到
- vt. & vi. 学习;学 gain knowledge or skill, by study, practice or being taught
- vt. 闻知;获悉;听说 be told or informed
gain knowledge or skills;
"She learned dancing from her sister"
"I learned Sanskrit"
"Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally;
"I learned that she has two grown-up children"
"I see that you have been promoted"
commit to memory; learn by heart;
"Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
be a student of a certain subject;
"She is reading for the bar exam"
impart skills or knowledge to;
"I taught them French"
"He instructed me in building a boat"
find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort;
"I want to see whether she speaks French"
"See whether it works"
"find out if he speaks Russian"
"Check whether the train leaves on time"
- Write out this word ten times so that you learn how to spell it.
- It's more useful to learn modern languages, such as English and German, than Latin.
- I'm trying to learn English.
- I learned this news from the newspaper.
- Live and learn.
- It is easy to learn.
- It is never too late to learn.
- Children learn faster than adults.
- You must learn before you can get any skill or knowledge.
- They never learn, never give up.
- Generally, children learn foreign languages very easily.
- They also learned acupuncture.
- I had to learn a trade at the age of seven.
- He studied hard and finally learned the lesson.
- I haven't quite learnt the song yet.
- Have you learnt your lessons?
- How many English words have you learned?
- I have learned a lot of things.
- The child has learned quite a few Tang poems.
- Can you learn 50 words a day?
- He found it very difficult to learn the lines of the play.
- I also learned the strength of the collective.
- They were at last to learn the particulars of the earthquake.
- She has learned the truth at last.
- What would he think if he learned the truth?
- Gradually he learned the habits of these insects.
- They were greatly surprised to learn the news.
- How had he learned that secret?
- I advise you to learn to swim.
- You must learn to keep your balance in skating.
- You must learn to wait on yourself now.
- Franklin had a deep conviction that we must learn to understand and get on with our neighbours in this hemisphere.
- As a teacher, she should learn to set an example with her own conduct.
- She is learning to speak American English.
- He's learning to drive a car.
- He began to learn to read and write at the age of five.
- It took me more than a year to learn to draw a horse in five minutes.
- In the past two hundred years man has learned to use steam and electricity.
- They have learned to scorn difficulties.
- He had learned to perform a number of difficult technical feats on the violin.
- I'm learning how to repair motors.
- He is learning how to write a composition.
- He is learning how to play the piano.
- A baby learns how to walk and then how to run.
- You ought to learn how to be patient.
- Within two weeks' time, she learned how to pronounce the English letters.
- He has learned how to run the car.
- Have you learned how to ride a bicycle?
- She has learned how to install this electric equipment.
- You must learn when to speak and when to keep silent.
- I'll learn you to come to my orchard and steal apples.
- This will learn you to keep out of mischief.
- I learnt reading and writing at school.
- He learned swimming in his childhood.
- Do you learn that Jack has come back?
- I was surprised to learn that he had failed the examination.
- I learnt that she was once a governess.
- We just learned that he was ill.
- He learned that another member had been arrested.
- I have learned that Mr. Smith will take part in our discussion.
- I have learnt that he will go to the U.S. for further studies.
- You will soon learn that dishonesty does not pay.
- You must learn that you cannot treat people like servants.
- When he learned that his son always received “excellent” in all subjects, he was very pleased.
- We learned that this method was not perfect and required to be improved.
- We can learn what we did not know.
- I'm going to learn whatever my tutor wishes.
- We've not yet learnt whether he arrived safely.
- It was learned that the great fire was caused by the carelessness of a housewife.
- He learned me how to play chess.
- I'll learn you how to disobey my orders!
- I did learn him what he should do and what he shouldn't.
- They learned her gone.
- learn about( v.+prep. )
得知有关…的消息 come to hear about;gain information about sth/sb
learn about sth
I have come here to learn about the factory's production.
By reading newspapers you can learn about new development in science, art, literature and technology.
通过看报你能获悉科学、艺术、文学和技术方面的新发展。learn sth about sth
It's no use learning facts about a subject if you don't understand it.
只了解某一学科的知识而并不理解,那是毫无用处的。learn about sb/sth
He learned about the matter before he came.
I learned about his death only this morning.
How did you learn about our product?
We only learned about your intended visit yesterday.
Your own parents should not have to learn about your wedding from a newspaper report!
- learn by( v.+prep. )
从…学到 learn sth from sth
learn by sth
Wise men learn by other men's mistake;fools by their own.
聪明的人从别人的错误中学习,傻子才从自己的错误中学习。learn sth by sb/sth
Learn wisdom by the folly of others.
- learn from( v.+prep. )
向…学习;从…获得〔吸取〕 gain knowledge from;come to know sth from sb
learn from sb/sth
We should learn from Lei Feng.
A man who does not learn from others can't hope to achieve much.
Modern man can learn from the mistake of his ancestors.
We all learn from our mistakes.
Although Lu Hsun lived half a century ago, there is much that we can learn from his works today.
Why don't you learn from my mistakes?
If men could learn from history, what lessons it might teach us!
如果人们学习历史会变得更明智的话,历史给我们的教训多大啊!learn sth from sb/sth
She learned everything from me.
He had learned the song from his mother as a child.
She learned English from an English teacher.
From him I learned that a good politician is marked to great extent by his sense of timing.
From her letter I learned that her elder son is now in the army.
I have learned from bitter experience that it does not pay to be too hopeful.
I learned from his roommate that he had been in hospital for over a week.
I've learned something from your eyes.
Much can be learned from a good teacher.
- learn of( v.+prep. )
听说… come to hear about;gain information about sth/sb
learn of sth
I am sorry to learn of his illness.
I've just learned of his arrival.
She only learnt of her son's marriage long after the event.
He had learned of his father's death in Australia.
When I came back, the wounded soldiers had been removed,I could not learn of their condition.
- learn off( v.+adv. )
记熟,背熟,记住 learn from memory, so as to be able to repeat them exactly
learn sth ⇔ off
Can you learn off the part by the end of the week?
The actor has learned off his lines.
- learn up( v.+adv. )
学会 study;learn sth such as information thoroughly
learn sth ⇔ up
She has learned up as much French as she could for the trip.
- learn a foreign language 学习一门外语
- learn a new game 学习新游戏
- learn a trade 学手艺
- learn English 学英语
- learn lessons 接受教训
- learn new skill 学会一种新的技能
- learn painting 学画画
- learn piano 学弹钢琴
- learn sb's marriage 得知某人的婚事
- learn sb's name 听说过某人的名字
- learn science 学习科学
- learn the truth 了解真相
- learn wisdom 学习有益的东西
- learn words 学单词
- learn fast 学得快
- learn soon 很快地学会
- learn well 学得好
- learn aptly 易于学习
- learn brilliantly 英明地学习
- learn instinctively 本能地学习
- learn invariably 始终如一地学习
- learn normally 正规地学习
- learn precociously 过早地学习
- learn quickly 学得快
- learn rapidly 学得快
- learn scientifically 科学地学习
- learn slowly 慢慢地学习
- learn thoroughly 全面地学习
- learn off 牢记
- learn up 尽量详尽地学习
- learn about 学会
- learn about sb's illness 得知某人生病
- learn by experience 从经验中学习
- learn by heart 记住
- learn the poem by heart 背颂诗
- learn from 从…学〔得知,了解〕
- learn from experience 从经验中学习
- learn from sb's mistakes 从某人的错误中受到教益
- learn in practice 在实践中学习
- learn of 学习,得知,了解
- learn of the result 得知结果
- learn through struggle 在斗争中学习
Lena could first..learn how to do things.出自： G. Stein
We learnt by bitter experience.出自： B. Montgomery
Oh Jo, you're only a kid. Why don't you learn from my mistakes?出自： S. Delaney
She had learned a lot and was very wise and provident now.出自： R. P. Jhabvala
From my clumsy fall I learned to be more cautious.出自： D. Wigoder
- learn about, learn of
- learn about的意思是“获悉有关…的情况”;learn of的意思是“获悉某消息”。试比较：
- Where did you learn about this?
- She learned of her son's success in the newspapers.
- 另外, learn about还可表示“学习有关…方面的知识”;而learn of无此意义。
- learn, learn about
- 这两者都可接fact, cause, truth, news等表示“得悉”“了解到”的意思。其区别是
- learn about, learn up
- 这两个短语都是“得悉”“了解到”的意思。其区别是learn about侧重“内容”;learn up侧重程度,即“学会”。例如:
- Your learning about it doesn't mean that you've learned it up. 你知道了并不说明你已掌握了。
- learn by, learn from
- learn by指“通过…学习”,强调“方式”;而learn from指“从…中学习”,强调“来源”。试体会:
- You can learn by doing.
- We should learn from failures and setbacks.
- 另外, learn from可用于表示“向某人学习”;而learn by无此意义。
- learn, study
- He was studying the map.他正在仔细看地图。
- 2.学习技能(如to swim)只能用learn,不能用 study 。
- We should learn from the advanced workers.我们应该向先进工作者学习。
- Mary is studying at the University.玛丽在这所大学学习。
- learn, ascertain, determine, discover, unearth
- discover指经过调查、探索去发现已经存在或可能存在、事实上的东西,这种发现也可能出于偶然; ascertain很少指偶然的发现,侧重先前的无知与无把握,以及认真地去发现真理或真相; determine比ascertain更强调寻找事实或真理,以解决争端或争执,主要用于科学和法律方面; unearth指将隐藏的、被遗忘的、失去的或极其难以追寻的东西公之于众或暴露于世,常常强调发现以前所做的认真长期的调查; learn指获得知识,发现者一般没有或很少花多大力气。例如:
- The surgeon general has determined that cigarette smoking is dangerous to our health.卫生局长已确定吸烟危害健康。
- The question is to ascertain what the people really want.问题在于一定要弄清人们究竟需要什么。
- We discovered the powder consisting of harmful ingredients.我们发现这种粉末含有害成分。
- Projecting ourselves into the future world, we should learn as much as we can now.设想一下处身于未来的世界当中,我们现在就应该尽可能多学一点东西。
- They have unearthed the secret.他们已经发现了这个秘密。
- learn, know, understand
- 这组词都有“了解”的意思。它们的区别是:know指对某一事物的直接了解或通过体验、传授获得知识; learn意为“听说”“得知”,强调对某一具体事物从“不知”到“知”的变化; understand指对某事物的性质、规律、意义等都十分了解,而且还指了解它所包含的其他意义和关系,其程度要比know了解得更深、更广。例如:
- How had he learned that secret?他怎么得知这个秘密的?
- They were greatly surprised to learn the news.听到这个消息,他们都很吃惊。
- Do you understand the difficulty of my position?你了解我处境的困难吗?
- I advise you to learn to swim.
- I advise you to learn swimming.
- He learns to ride a horse.
- He learns how to ride a horse.
误 I learned him to be in business in Shanghai.
正 I learned that he was in business in Shanghai.
误 I learned the accident.
正 I learned of the accident.
析 learn表示“学习”, learn of表示“获悉,得知”。他学会游泳了。
误 He has learned swimming.
正 He has learned to swim.
析 learn v -ing强调学习的过程;learn to- v 强调学习的结果。你在这里还是学到了一点东西。
误 After all, you have learned some knowledge here.
正 After all, you have learned something here.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的leornian，意为获得知识，培养。