- a document giving an official instruction or command
- a territory surrendered by Turkey or Germany after World War I and put under the tutelage of some other European power until they are able to stand by themselves
- the commission that is given to a government and its policies through an electoral victory
- assign under a mandate;
"mandate a colony"
- make mandatory;
"the new director of the school board mandated regular tests"
- assign authority to
- The government gave the police a mandate to reduce crime.
- We have a mandate from the union membership to proceed with strike action.
- You should follow the doctor's mandate.
- Our election victory has given us a mandate to reform the economy.
- Britain was mandated to govern the former colony of German East Africa.
It's all right to screw the people as long as you were given a large mandate in the previous election.出自：Tucson Magazine
- term of office任期