- n. 代表
- v. 派 ... 为代表；委派；授权；委托
- [C]代表,代表团成员 person chosen or elected by others to express their views
- vt. 派遣代表 appoint and send sb as a representative to a meeting
- vt. 托付 entrust duties, rights, etc. to sb
a person appointed or elected to represent others
transfer power to someone
give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
- Babbitt was an official delegate.
- He was elected as a delegate to the annual conference.
- He can't delegate command.
- You can't do all the jobs yourself---you can delegate a task to your subordinate.
- The new manager was delegated to reorganize the department.
- A boss must know how to delegate .
- The Chinese people delegate their power to the People's Congress.
- You must learn to delegate authority to your subordinates
- He was a U.S. delegate to the United Nations.
- He is one of the delegates to the conference.
- A boss must know how to delegate work.
- The club delegated Tom to attend the national convention.
- He delegated me to perform a task.
- The children delegated Mary to buy the flowers.
- The boss delegated his secretary to show me around the city.
- delegate to (v.+prep.)
把(任务、责任等)委托〔转交〕给(某人) pass (one's own duties, responsibility, etc.) to (sb else) in one's place
delegate sth to sb
He delegated his responsibilities to a deputy.
We delegate our power to the People's Congress.
The routine office work had all been delegated to his executive staff.
- the delegate from Hong Kong 香港代表
- delegates to a convention 会议代表
- delegates without power to vote 列席代表
- delegate authoritatively 可靠地委托
- delegate expressly 特意委托
- delegate formally 正式委托
- delegate nominally 名义上委托
- delegate successfully 成功地托付
- delegate sth to 把…委托给(某人)
He [the priest] claims simply to stand as delegate of heaven.出自： E. Mellor
The Paris peace conference had opened..with Wellington and Castlereagh as British delegates.出自： E. Longford
It was the elder boy's duty to decide what tools..were needed and to delegate the small boys to fetch them.出自： S. Unwin
- delegate, deputy, representative
- 这三个词都可作“代表”解。delegate指政府、党派等正式任命的代表; deputy指被委派正式代表他人具体办事或行使权力的人; representative则指推选出来的或权力机关正式任命的代表。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的delegare，意为派往。