- vi. 干涉；干预；介入；调停；插入；阻挠
- 插嘴， 打断（别人的话）
- vi. 介于其间 (of events, circumstances) to come between (others) in time; (of time) to come or be between
- vi. 干涉; 调停 (of people) to interrupt sth especially to prevent a bad result
get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force;
"Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
be placed or located between other things or extend between spaces and events;
"This interludes intervenes between the two movements"
"Eight days intervened"
occur between other event or between certain points of time;
"the war intervened between the birth of her two children"
- Don't intervene in the affairs of another country.
- It's time that men of good sense and good will to intervene.
- You'd better not intervene in their dispute.
- I am powerless to intervene in the matter.
- I will come if nothing intervenes.
- I shall leave on Sunday if nothing intervenes.
- Nothing interesting has intervened.
- Many years intervened before they met again .
- Much had happened during the years that intervened.
- The argument between the two boys became so fierce that Dad had to intervene.
- Parliament intervened to put an end to the strike of the miners.
- The old man had made many plans, but death intervened.
- We enjoyed the picnic until a thunderstorm intervened.
- intervene between (v.+prep.)
在两者之间调解 come between (two people or parties) to try to influence or settle a disagreement
intervene between sth
A day of calm intervened between the hectic weeks.
在闹哄哄的几个星期之间有一天宁静的日子。intervene between sth and sth
Only an instant intervened between the flash of lightning and the thunder.
A week intervenes between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Years intervened between the Civil War and the World War.
A huge and at that time apparently barren waste intervenes between the St.Lawrence basin and the fertile prairie.
在劳伦斯盆地和富饶的大草原之间是一块巨大的、在当时很显然是荒芜的土地。intervene between sb
I would advise you not to intervene between those two drunks, you might get hurt.
我劝你不要调解那两个醉汉的争吵,你会受伤害的。intervene between sb/sth and sb/sth
He intervenes between the physician and the patient.
The woman tried to intervene between her husband and son, but she was roughly pushed aside.
The government asked a leading lawyer to intervene between the workers and the employers in the argument over pay.
- intervene in (v.+prep.)
干涉,调停(某事) interfere so as to prevent sth or change the result
intervene in sth
The chairman felt that it was his place to intervene in the disagreement between two of his committee members.
We have no intention of intervening in the internal affairs of other countries.
The president intervened in the strike.
- intervene actively 积极地干预
- intervene hatefully 可恶地干涉
- intervene impetuously 激烈地干预
- intervene jealously 妒忌地干预
- intervene slyly 狡猾地干预
- intervene venomously 恶意地干预
Woodlands of birch..intervening the different estates with natural sylvan marches.出自： De Quincey
- intervene, interfere
- interpose 插入
- interfere 干涉
- arbitrate 仲裁
- mediate 调停
- intercede 仲裁
- intrude 闯入
- arise 出现
- get involved 参与
- occur 发生
- happen 发生
- succeed 成功
- take place 发生
- come to pass 发生(出现
- ensue 跟着发生
- befall 发生
- meddle 干涉
- interrupt 打断
- check 检查
- placate 抚慰
- hinder 阻碍
- intercept 截取
- tamper 干预
- disrupt 干扰
- referee 裁判员
- conciliate 安抚
- umpire 裁判员
- bargain 交易
- disturb 扰乱
- balk 阻止
- negotiate 谈判
- arrest 逮捕
- frustrate 挫败
- issue 议题
- reconcile 调和
- emerge 浮现
- step in 走进
- foil 钝头剑
- in 在 ... 里
- come between 在 ... 中间
- butt 烟蒂
- horn 喇叭
- horn in 闯入
- butt in 插嘴
- come 来
- between 在 ... 之间
- step 步骤