- vi. 发生 occur by chance
- vi. 碰巧,恰巧 chance; have the good or bad fortune
- vi. 偶然发现 find by chance
- come to pass;
"What is happening?"
"The meeting took place off without an incidence"
"Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance;
"It happens that today is my birthday"
"These things befell"
- chance to be or do something, without intention or causation;
"I happen to have just what you need!"
- come into being; become reality;
"Her dream really materialized"
- come upon, as if by accident; meet with;
"We find this idea in Plato"
"I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"
"She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
- The accident happened at six o'clock.
- It is impossible to anticipate when it will happen.
- I happened to see her yesterday.
- I happen to have the official statistics with me.
- I tremble at the thought of what may happen.
- I happened on just the thing I'd been looking for.
It happened under my eyes.
How did this happen?
The accident happened at three o'clock.
A crowd soon collected at the crossroad to see what had happened.
Who can foretell what will happen to the world in 1000 year's time?
A near-total news blockout kept the outside world guessing as to what was really happening at the summit.
It's impossible to anticipate when it will happen.
She exclaimed that she would not allow that to happen.
Try to describe exactly what happened before the accident.
If you happened to be in town, would you ask about it?
You happened to be out when I came to your house.
He happened to be going that way too.
She happened to have just finished reading the book.
Do you happen to know her telephone number?
If you happen to see Miss Yang, please tell her to come to my office after supper.
There happened to be a severe drought that year.
It happens that his elder sister is a close friend of mine.
It happened that the harvest was bad that year.
It so happened that I had no money with me.
It so happened that he had to be present at a meeting.
- as it happens〔happened〕
碰巧 by chance
We met her only yesterday, as it happens. 我们只是在昨天才与她碰巧相遇。
They were all out, as it happened. 真巧,他们全出去了。
- 碰巧 by chance
- happen along (v.+adv.)
出现 arrive by chance happen along
She happened along just as we were about to leave.当我们将要离开的时候,她突然来访。
Guess who happened along while I was waiting for the bus.你猜猜看,我在等公共汽车时谁碰巧也来了?
You were obviously annoyed that the child had happened along.那孩子此时出现你显然很生气。
- 出现 arrive by chance happen along
- happen on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
巧遇,偶然发现 find or meet by chance happen on〔upon〕 sb/sth
I happened on John in the park.我在公园里碰巧遇到约翰。
We happened on an old country inn, and stopped to have a meal.我们碰巧发现一家古老的乡村小旅店,就停下来吃了一顿饭。
The children happened on a charming little stream near the camp.孩子们无意间在宿营地附近发现了一条可爱的小溪。
He happened upon the perfect solution to the problem just as he was about to give up his research.正当他要放弃自己的研究时,他偶然发现了解决这个问题的最佳方案。
- 巧遇,偶然发现 find or meet by chance happen on〔upon〕 sb/sth
- happen to (v.+prep.)
发生在…身上 (of an event) take place and have an effect on happen to sb/sth
The boy is crying.What has happened to him?那孩子在哭,他怎么啦?
If anything should happen to you, follow my advice.万一你碰上什么意外,照我的话去做。
The brakes failed.Has that ever happened to you?车闸失灵了,你以前发生过这种情况吗?
What happened to him next?后来他怎样了?
Be careful; don't let anything happen to that child.小心些,别让那个孩子出任何事。
A bad accident happened to that family.那家人遇到了极其不幸的灾祸。
What has happened to your hand?你的手怎么了?
If anything happens to the machine, please let me know.要是机器出了毛病,请告诉我。
- 发生在…身上 (of an event) take place and have an effect on happen to sb/sth
- whatever happens〔happen what may〕
无论发生什么 not care anything occur
Whatever happens, you must survive all along. 不管发生什么事,你必须好好活着。
We'll go to London tomorrow, happen what may. 不管发生什么情况,我们明天都要去伦敦。
- 无论发生什么 not care anything occur
- happen again 再次发生
- happen commonly 通常发生
- happen easily 容易发生
- happen frequently 经常发生
- happen historically 在历史上发生
- happen lately 最近发生
- happen logically 合乎逻辑地发生
- happen mysteriously 神秘地偶然发生
- happen opportunely 恰好出现
- happen promptly 很快地发生
- happen spontaneously 自发
- happen subsequently 随后发生
- happen usually 通常发生
- happen along 偶然出现,碰巧来到
- happen in with 偶然和…碰见
If anything happens to me, recollect that death is a debt we must all pay.出自：H. Nelson
No harm shall happen you.出自：E. S. Barrett
When we crossed into Gael, an interesting thing happened.出自：G. Vidal
I'm not someone who makes miracles happen.出自：P. Roth
- happen是不及物动词,作“发生”解时,可指偶然的事故,也可指有计划或无计划发生的事。一般以事件、环境、形势等作主语,表示“某人发生某事”时,须以介词to 引出“某人”。作“碰巧”解时,其后须接动词不定式构成复合谓语,可由人称代词或无人称代词it作主语。与if连用则可使语气委婉。
- happen to sb, happen with sb
- What's happened to her?
- What's happened with her?
- happen, occur, take place
这三者均可作“发生”解。它们的区别是:1.happen和occur往往表示事情的发生带有偶然性, happen是一般用语, occur是较正式用语; take place常指按计划“发生”。例如:The explosion happened〔occurred〕 during an exercise near the town.在离市镇不远的地方演习时发生了爆炸。The talk is scheduled to take place tomorrow morning at eight o'clock.预定明早8时举行会谈。2.当表示具体事情的名词作主语时,用happen和occur都可,如果不是表示具体事情的词则多用happen。在否定句里一般用occur。例如:These events happened〔occured〕 last year.这些事是去年发生的。What happened after I left?我走后发生了什么事情?It didn't occur to him to ask for help.他没想到请别人帮忙。
- It happens that I am there.
- It so happens that I am there.
- 第1句中的it是形式主语,第2句中的it是第三人称代词,相当于the thing。
- occur happen take place
- occur:occur指“发生”时可与 happen 换用，但后接to sb．／sth．时，两者含义不同：；occur to sb．／sth． 指“某种思想等呈现于某人的知觉中”。
- Didn’t it occur to you to phone them about it?
- happen:happen指“偶然发生”时，主语为“事”；当主语是“人”时，意为“碰巧”。happen to sb．／sth． 指不好的事情发生在某人（物）身上。
- He happened to know the place.
- take place:take place表示“发生”，可与 happen 或occur换用，但其后面一般不接 to sb．／sth．结构；指必然会发生的事情时，多用 take place；此外take place 还可表示“举行某种活动”。
- In 1919, the May 4th Movement took place in China.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的happeenn，意为机缘，偶然发生。
- happen:happen vi. 发生, 碰巧, 偶然v. 发生, 恰巧, 偶然发现习惯用语as it happens 碰巧来到, 恰好出现be likely to happen 可能要发生if anything…