- [C]眼睛 organ of sight
- [S]视力,眼力 power of seeing; observation
- [P]见解,观点 view or opinion
- [C]眼状物 thing like an eye
the organ of sight
good discernment (either visually or as if visually);
"she has an eye for fresh talent"
"he has an artist's eye"
attention to what is seen;
"he tried to catch her eye"
an area that is approximately central within some larger region;
"it is in the center of town"
"they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
"they were in the eye of the storm"
a small hole or loop (as in a needle);
"the thread wouldn't go through the eye"
- He could not meet his father's eye.
- She reads with a sharp eye for idiom.
- He has weak eyes.
- Reading in the sunlight does harm to your eye sight.
- We're eye to eye on all the vital issues.
- To my eye, the decorations are excellent.
- You do have an eye for paintings.
- Though he majored in science at university, he has an eye for art and literature.
- Kevin likes to eye every girl who walks by.
- They eyed every change in the stock market.
- I did not like the way he eyed me.
- He lost an eye in the war.
- Andrew made a long and thorough examination, particularly of the eye.
- The eyes, nose, and mouth are parts of the face.
- Reading in a poor light taxes the eyes.
- They have light skin and blue eyes.
- The man pulled his cap over his eyes.
- She looked at it with a greedy glitter in her eyes.
- He stared at us with his eyes.
- He is an elderly gentleman,silver-haired,with a twinkle in his eyes.
- That child is the apple of his father's eye.
- They rotated the globe until the crimson triangle of India was opposite their eyes.
- She has sharp eyes.
- She averted her eyes from the terrible sight.
- The scene was a feast for the eyes.
- How his eyes are lit up a proud joy!
- Her eyes shone with tears.
- Her eyes were dimmed with tears.
- A gleam of interest came into his eyes.
- Her dress was fastened with hooks and eyes.
- The surgeon is performing an eye operation.
- Washington Cathedral aspires. It compels the eye, and the mind, the heart to move upward.
- To her expert eye, the painting was terrible.
- To my eye, his paintings are just ugly daubs.
- Nothing escaped his eye.
- (all) my eye
瞎说,胡说 completely untrue or nonsensical, especially of sth said that is intended to deceive or mislead
- an eye for an eye
以眼还眼,报复 a punishment as severe as the injury that was suffered; retaliation
- (be) all eyes
目不转睛地看 (be) watching intently
- cast an eye〔one's eyes〕 on〔over〕
浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of
- catch〔get〕 sb's〔the〕 eye
吸引某人的注意 attract sb's attention
- close〔shut〕 one's eyes to
不理会 ignore sth
- cock an eye at
使眼色 give a knowing glance
- cry one's eyes out
痛哭 weep bitterly
- do in the eye
伤害某人,羞辱某人 hurt or humiliate sb
do sb in the eye
He certainly did his colleagues in the eye when he got the boss's approval.
- feast one's eyes on
欣赏某人〔某物〕之美,饱眼福 enjoy the beauty of sb/sth
- for sb's eyes only
只给所指定的人看、读等 only to be looked at, read, etc.by the person specified
- give sb the (glad) eye
抛媚眼,送秋波 give sb/get inviting or amorous looks
- have an eye for
对某事有判断力或鉴赏力 be a good judge of or have a proper sense of sth
- have eyes in the back of one's head
脑袋后面长有眼睛; 留意到一切而不露声色 observe everything (without seeming to do so)
- in the eye of the law
从法律角度,就法律观点而言 from the point of view of the law, etc. as the law, etc. see it
- in the eye(s) of sb〔in sb's eye(s)〕
在某人的心目中,在某人看来 in the opinion or estimation of sb
- keep an eye on
照看,照管; 留心注意 look after; watch carefully or closely
- keep an eye open〔out〕 for
留心或注意某人〔事物〕 watch for sb/sth; look out for sb/sth
- keep one's eyes peeled〔skinned〕 for
仔细观看,留意 watch carefully; be observant
- look sb in the eye(s)
直视别人 look at sb steadily (because one feels ashamed, embarrassed, etc.)
- make (sheep's) eyes at
向某人抛媚眼,送秋波 look amorously at sb
- never〔not (be able to)〕 take one's eyes off sb/sth
目不转睛地看着某人〔某物〕 never〔not (be able to)〕 stop watching sb/sth
- not believe one's eyes
不敢相信自己的眼睛 doubt the credibility of sth unusual
- (not) see eye to eye (with sb)
(不)完全一致,(没)有相同的看法 not agree entirely; not have similar views
- one in the eye for
惨败,挫折 hard or unkind rejection or defeat
- only have eyes for〔have eyes only for〕 sb
只对某人感兴趣,只爱恋某人 only be interested in or in love with a specified person
- pull the wool over sb's eyes
欺骗〔蒙骗〕某人 deceive sb
- see with half an eye
对某事一目了然 see sth at a glance
see sth with half an eye
That can be seen with half an eye.
约略一看便一目了然。see with half an eye that-clause
I could see with half an eye that the deal would be detrimental to the company.
- set eyes on
看见某人〔某物〕 see sb/sth
- the naked eye
肉眼 unaided vision (without the use of an optical instrument)
- under〔before〕 sb's very eyes
不想隐瞒自己所做的事 without attempting to hide what one is doing
- with an eye to
将某事作为自己的目标或目的 having sth as one's aim or purpose
- with one's eyes open
充分了解自己所做之事 fully aware of what one is doing
- with one's eyes shut〔closed〕
没费多大力气,轻易地 without much effort; easily
- believe one's eyes 相信自己的眼睛
- cast an eye at 看某物
- catch one's eye 引起注意
- close one's eyes 闭上眼睛
- cry one's eyes out 哭肿眼睛,痛哭流涕
- dust the eyes 蒙蔽
- fasten one's eye on 凝视
- fix one's eyes on 注视
- get an eye for 对…有鉴赏力,具有识别…的眼力
- give one's eyes for 极乐于得到,不惜一切去求取
- have an eye for 对…有鉴赏力,具有识别…的眼力
- have an eye to 照看,照顾,着眼于,注意到,心目中有
- have an eye to a position 觊觎一个职位
- keep an eye on 注意,注视,监视
- keep an eye on the baby 照看婴孩
- lay eyes on a stranger 注视陌生人
- lift one's eyes 抬起眼来
- lose an eye 瞎掉一只眼
- make eyes at sb 向某人挤眉弄眼,给某人暗送秋波
- mind one's eyes 当心,留神
- open one's eyes 睁开眼睛,一觉醒来
- put one's eyes together 入睡
- run one's eyes through 浏览
- see eye to eye with sb 与某人看法完全一致
- set eyes on 看到
- shut one's eyes 闭上眼睛
- shut one's eye up to 无视…
- strike the eye 引人注目
- angry eyes 愤怒的目光
- beautiful eyes 美丽的眼睛
- big eyes 大眼睛
- black eyes 黑眼睛
- blind eyes 瞎眼
- blue eyes 蓝眼睛
- bright eye 明亮的眼睛
- clear eyes 明亮的眼睛
- curious eyes 好奇的目光
- dark eyes 黑眼睛
- dry eyes 没有眼泪的眼睛,干枯的双眼
- dull eyes 呆滞的眼光
- expressive eyes 富有表情的眼睛
- friendly eyes 友好的目光
- good eyes 好眼力
- kind eyes 慈祥的眼睛
- little eyes 呆滞的目光
- own eyes 亲眼
- public eyes 众目睽睽,公众所注目
- quick eyes 敏捷的目光
- sad eyes 悲哀的眼睛
- sharp eyes 敏锐的目光
- short-sighted eyes 近视眼
- small eyes 小眼睛
- smiling eyes 笑眯眯的眼睛
- tearful eyes 热泪盈眶,含泪的眼睛
- tired eyes 疲倦的眼睛
- watery eyes 水汪汪的眼睛
- weak eyes 视力微弱的眼睛
- before sb's very eyes 在某人面前公开地
- blind in both eyes 双目失明
- in the eye of 在…看来,从…的观点来看,在…面前
- in the eye of the law 从法律观点来看
- under sb's very eyes 在某人面前公开地
- up to one's eyes in 埋头于(工作),极忙
- with all one's eyes 全神贯注地,仔细看
- with an eye to 指望着,目的在于,为…起见(才)
- with half an eye 很容易地,一目了然
- eye for beauty 审美眼光
Behind their bifocal lenses his eyes were bright with excitement.出自： Aldous Huxley
Kino's eyes opened, and he looked first at the lightening square.出自： J. Steinbeck
Her eyes are red from weeping.出自： G. B. Shaw
She sniffs the air and eyes a sailing cloud.出自： W. Gass
- eye的基本意思是“眼睛”,当其指身体器官之一的“眼睛”时, eye指“一只眼睛”, eyes指“两只或多只眼睛”,用于与“眼睛”有关的“目光”指表情时,须用复数形式。而在用于“观察力、看问题的眼光、注意力”等抽象意义时,则须使用复数形式。作“观点”“见解”解时总是用复数形式。
- give an eye, give the eye
- Give an eye to the fire while I'm out, won't you?我出去时你照看一下炉子,行吗?
- I'll give an eye to the job for you.我会为你照料工作的。
- A pretty girl went by and all the boys gave her the eye.一个美丽的少女走过时,所有的男孩都注视她。
- eye, eyes
- eye很少用其本义,多用转义; 而eyes除少数用于转义外一般都作本义。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ege，意为眼。
- watch 注视
- observe 观察
- eyeball 眼球
- stare 盯着看
- judgment 裁判
- look 看
- appreciation 欣赏
- regard 尊敬
- sense 感官
- taste 味觉
- glance 扫视
- inspect 检查
- discrimination 歧视
- view 视野
- discernment 眼光
- perceptiveness perceptive的名...
- look at （仔细地）看...
- stare at 凝视
- gaze at 凝视, 注视
- ogle 抛媚眼
- lamp 灯
- nose 鼻子
- security 安全
- pore 毛孔
- middle 中等的
- heart 心
- center 中心
- oculus 眼状开口
- centre 中心
- optic 视觉的