- 用鼻子碰， 用鼻子擦，
- [C]鼻子 part of the face above the mouth, used for breathing and smelling
- [C]似鼻子的东西 thing like a nose in shape or position
- [S]嗅觉 sense of smell
- vt. & vi. 嗅出 discover by smelling
- vt. & vi. 向前推进 go forward carefully
- the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals;
"he has a cold in the nose"
- a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft);
"the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon;
"he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- a small distance;
"my horse lost the race by a nose"
- a symbol of inquisitiveness;
"keep your nose out of it"
- the sense of smell (especially in animals);
"the hound has a good nose"
- a natural skill;
"he has a nose for good deals"
- a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- search or inquire in a meddlesome way;
"This guy is always nosing around the office"
- advance the forward part of with caution;
"She nosed the car into the left lane"
- catch the scent of; get wind of;
"The dog nosed out the drugs"
- push or move with the nose
- rub noses
- defeat by a narrow margin
- He quirked up his nose to make a face.
- I wrinkled up my nose at the nasty smell.
- The child pressed her nose against the window.
- Insert the nose of the staple remover firmly under the staple.
- He has a good nose for a secret.
- His nose told him that he was getting near the cow shed.
- The dog nosed out a rat.
- If there is anything wrong with the car, he can nose it out.
- I'll go and nose about for more news.
- Don't nose into other people's affairs.
- That man will nose out a scandal anywhere.
Your nose is bleeding.
My nose is itching.
The child's nose is running.
His nose is stopped up with a cold.
A fly alighted at the point of my nose.
He has a prominent nose.
He got a bloody nose in the fight.
He punched me on the nose.
An elephant's nose is extraordinarily long!
I saw the car's nose appear round the corner.
He brought the aircraft's nose up and made a perfect landing.
The nose of the plane dipped as we came in to land.
The instruments are in the nose section of the rocket.
Most dogs have a good nose.
The little boat nosed carefully between the rocks.
The dog nosed the car carefully.
The ship nosed its way.
The dog nosed the fox.
The secret has been nosed.
The dog nosed the door open.
- by a nose
以些微之差 by a very small margin
The horse won by a nose. 那匹马以微弱之势险胜。
The candidate lost the election by a nose. 那位候选人以微弱之差竞选失败。
- 以些微之差 by a very small margin
- count noses
数人数 count the number of people
They didn't exactly count noses, but the audience numbered at least five thousand. 他们没有精确地清点人数,但听众至少有5000人。
- 数人数 count the number of people
- cut off one's nose to spite one's face
拿自己出气 hurt oneself
If you refuse her help because you are angry with her, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. 如果你因为生她的气而拒绝她的帮助,那你是在跟自己过不去。
- 拿自己出气 hurt oneself
- follow one's nose
笔直往前走 go along directly
Just follow your nose until you reach the traffic lights and then turn left. 一直往前走到第一个交通信号灯的地方,然后向左拐。
Just follow your nose and you'll get there. 一直往前走,就会到那里的。
靠嗅觉指引 depend upon one's nose
The hounds ran ahead, following their noses on the trail of the fox. 猎狗凭着嗅觉顺着狐狸的足迹向前跑去。
凭直觉行事 do sth depend on one's feeling
I don't know just where I want to go— I'll just follow my nose and see what happens. 我就是不知道想去哪里——我只是凭直觉走,看看会发生什么。
- 笔直往前走 go along directly
- have a nose for
对…敏感,很善于发现 have an ability to detect or find sth
A good reporter has a nose for news. 高明的记者善于发现新闻。
Police dogs have good noses for following criminals' trails. 警犬的嗅觉对罪犯留下来的痕迹特别灵敏。
- 对…敏感,很善于发现 have an ability to detect or find sth
- have one's nose in a book
埋头看书 read a book very attentively
Mother cannot get Mary to help do the housework; she always has her nose in a book. 母亲叫不动玛丽帮她做家务,她总是忙着看书。
- 埋头看书 read a book very attentively
- keep sb's nose clean
行为规矩,洁身自好,不卷入是非 avoid doing anything unacceptable illegal, etc.
If you keep your nose clean, the boss might promote you. 如果你行为规矩,老板可能提升你。
- 行为规矩,洁身自好,不卷入是非 avoid doing anything unacceptable illegal, etc.
- keep sb's nose to the grindstone
使自己一刻不停地拼命干 keep oneself working hard
The new boss does hardly any work although he keeps his workers' noses to the grindstone. 新工头让工人们拼命干,而自己却几乎什么都不做。
- 使自己一刻不停地拼命干 keep oneself working hard
- lead by the nose
牵着(某人的)鼻子,完全操纵(某人) control sb lead sb by the nose
She doesn't like to be led by the nose.她不喜欢被人家牵着鼻子走。
Mrs. Jones leads her wretched husband by the nose.琼斯太太完全操纵着可怜的丈夫。
When the tax-payers discovered how they had been led by the nose all these years, they used their voting power to destroy the government.当纳税人发现这些年来他们是如何受控于人时,他们就利用自己的选举权来抵制政府。
- 牵着(某人的)鼻子,完全操纵(某人) control sb lead sb by the nose
- look down one's nose at
轻视(某人或某物) treat sb/sth with contempt
He is not so important himself, so he should not look down his nose at others. 他本人并不那么了不起,所以他不该瞧不起他人。
People who prefer symphony concerts or chamber music tend to look down their noses at opera. 喜欢交响音乐会或者室内乐音乐会的人会有看不起歌剧的倾向。
I gave the dog a lovely steak, and it just looked down its nose at it! 我给狗一块挺好的肉排,可它却看不上。
- 轻视(某人或某物) treat sb/sth with contempt
- on the nose
正好,恰好,准确 precisely; exactly
Her estimate was right on the nose. 她的估计十分准确。
The airplane pilot found the small landing field on the nose. 飞行员正好将飞机降落在小机场上。
- 正好,恰好,准确 precisely; exactly
- poke one's nose into
探问,干预 interfere in sth although it is not one's concern
He was forever poking his nose into things that didn't concern him. 他总是探问与他无关的事。
Don't go poking your nose into other people's business! 少管闲事。
- 探问,干预 interfere in sth although it is not one's concern
- turn up one's nose at
瞧不起 consider sth not good enough or important enough to be enjoyed or taken seriously
My children turn up their noses at fresh vegetables. 我的孩子对新鲜蔬菜根本看不上。
- 瞧不起 consider sth not good enough or important enough to be enjoyed or taken seriously
- under sb's nose
就在某人面前 directly in front of sb
The book I was looking for was right under my nose. 我要找的书就在我面前。
就在某人眼皮底下 in sb's presence, usually without him noticing anything
Cheating was going on under the teacher's nose. 他当着老师的面作弊。
They were having an affair under my nose, and I didn't even realize! 他们就在我眼皮底下勾搭上了,而我竟没看出来。
- 就在某人面前 directly in front of sb
- with one's nose in the air
目中无人地 very haughtily; in a very superior way
She walked past us with her nose in the air. 她从我们身边走过,神气得鼻孔朝天。
- 目中无人地 very haughtily; in a very superior way
- nose about (v.+adv.)
找; 探听 search around for sth nose about
I'll just go and nose about a bit.我就去探听一下。
What was he nosing about for?他在找什么?
I saw her nosing about in the room, but I can't guess what she was looking for.我见她在屋里东找西找,但猜不出她在找什么。
- 找; 探听 search around for sth nose about
- nose at (v.+prep.)
嗅 discover by smelling nose at sth
The cat nosed at the toy mouse.猫嗅着玩具老鼠。
The puppy nosed at my arm.那小狗嗅我的臂。
- 嗅 discover by smelling nose at sth
- nose into (v.+prep.)
打听 find sth by searching nose into sth
I don't like the kind of people who always nose into other people's affairs.我不喜欢总是打听别人事情的那种人。
- 打听 find sth by searching nose into sth
- nose out (v.+adv.)
嗅出; 探听出 find sth by smell〔searching〕 nose sth ⇔ out
The dog nosed a rat out.那条狗嗅出一只老鼠的气味。
That man will nose out a scandal anywhere.那个人在什么地方都会探听出丑闻。
My study has nosed out some interesting facts.我通过研究发现了一些有趣的事实。
- 嗅出; 探听出 find sth by smell〔searching〕 nose sth ⇔ out
- nose through (v.+prep.)
缓慢地通过 move or push ahead slowly and carefully through sth nose one'way through sth
The ship nosed its way slowly through the ice.那艘船缓慢地破冰前进。
The ship nosed its way through the winding channel.船在蜿蜒的海峡中小心航行。
- 缓慢地通过 move or push ahead slowly and carefully through sth nose one'way through sth
- bite sb's nose off 不客气地对某人说
- bleed at the nose 流鼻血
- blow one's nose 擤鼻涕
- bury one's nose in a book 专心读书
- count noses 点人数
- cut off nose 与人赌气
- cut off one's nose to spite one's face 与别人赌气而为自己招来不利
- flatten one's nose 弄扁鼻子
- follow one's nose 笔直走,凭本能行事
- hold one's nose 捂住鼻子
- keep one's nose out of sb else's business 不过问别人的事情
- keep one's nose to the grindstone 埋头苦干
- look down one's nose at 瞧不起
- make a long nose 作蔑视的手势
- pay through the nose 付惊人巨款
- pick one's nose (用手指)挖鼻子
- pinch sb's nose 捏某人的鼻子
- poke one's nose into 干涉(他人之事)
- punch sb's nose 猛击某人的鼻子
- push one's nose into 探听…,干涉…
- run at the nose 流鼻涕
- snap sb's nose off 气势汹汹地对某人说
- stand on nose 倒立
- stick one's nose into sb else's business 干涉别人的事情
- thrust one's nose into 探听…,干涉…
- thumb one's nose at sb 蔑视某人,对某人做蔑视的手势
- touch one's nose with one's index finger 用食指触鼻尖
- turn up one's nose at 对…嗤之以鼻,轻视
- wipe one's nose 擦鼻子
- aquiline nose 鹰钩鼻
- attractive nose 引人注目的鼻子
- beaky nose 鹰钩鼻
- beautiful nose 漂亮的鼻子
- bleeding nose 流着血的鼻子
- bloody nose 出血的鼻子
- bulbous nose 球根状的鼻子
- cute nose 惹人喜爱的鼻子
- deformed nose 畸形的鼻子
- enormous nose 大鼻子
- flat nose 扁鼻子
- good nose 嗅觉灵敏
- high nose 高鼻子
- high-bridged nose 高鼻梁的鼻子
- keen nose 嗅觉灵敏
- large nose 大鼻子
- long nose 长鼻子
- retrousse nose 翘鼻子
- Roman nose 鹰鼻
- running nose 流鼻涕的鼻子
- runny nose 流鼻涕
- sharp nose 嗅觉灵敏
- small nose 小鼻子
- turned-up nose 朝天鼻子
- ugly nose 难看的鼻子
- upturned nose 朝天鼻子
- as plain as the nose in your face 显而易见
- can't see beyond one's nose 目光短浅
- by a nose 以一鼻之差,极小差别
- lead sb by the nose 牵着某人的鼻子走
- pain in the nose 鼻子痛
- bridge of the nose 鼻梁
- on the nose 直接地,十分正确地
- pull one's hat over one's nose 把帽子向下拉到鼻子处
- through the nose 通过鼻子,用鼻子
- breathe through the nose 用鼻呼吸
- speak through one's nose 说话带鼻音
- under one's nose 就在某人的面前
- with a bleeding nose 鼻孔里流着血
- man with a high nose 高鼻子的人
- nose carefully 小心地前进
- nose discreetly 小心地前进
- nose gradually 渐渐前进
- nose slowly 慢慢地前进
- nose around 四处探听
- nose out a bone 嗅出一块骨头
- nose out the enemy's hiding place 侦察出敌人的隐藏处
His glasses slipped down to the end of his nose.出自：D. Johnson
One of the academics..was wiping his nose with a tissue to conceal laughter.出自：I. McEwan
We never see beaver, except a distant nose sticking up from the water..as it swims.出自：D. Hall
Picking a jar and nosing its aroma.出自：M. Ayrton
He was always nosing out bargains.出自：fig.
- 在表示“牵着某人的鼻子走”时,一般不说lead sb's nose或lead sb by sb's nose,而说lead sb by the nose。
- nose既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词; 用作不及物动词时,常与介词at或副词about搭配使用,表示嗅的动作。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语,偶尔也可接由形容词充当宾语补足语的复合宾语,表示嗅的对象或结果,即“嗅出”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的nsou；最初源自原始日耳曼语的nusus，意为鼻子。
- schnozzle <俚>鼻子
- NEB 鸟喙
- olfactory organ嗅觉器官
- search for搜寻
- seek out找出
- sixth sense第六感官
- horn in闯入