- [C]心,心脏 hollow muscular organ that pumps blood through the body
- [C]内心,心肠; 爱心 centre of a person's thoughts and emotions, especially of love
- [C][U]感情,爱好,爱情 love or affection
- [U]勇气,精神 courage; strength of mind; spirit
- [C]中心,要点 centre; the main point
- [C]红桃牌 a playing card marked with one or more red, heart-shaped figures
the locus of feelings and intuitions;
"in your heart you know it is true"
"her story would melt your bosom"
the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body;
"he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
the courage to carry on;
"he kept fighting on pure spunk"
"you haven't got the heart for baseball"
an area that is approximately central within some larger region;
"it is in the center of town"
"they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
"they were in the eye of the storm"
the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience;
"the gist of the prosecutor's argument"
"the heart and soul of the Republican Party"
"the nub of the story"
an inclination or tendency of a certain kind;
"he had a change of heart"
a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines;
"he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal);
"a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
a positive feeling of liking;
"he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"
"the child won everyone's heart"
"the warmness of his welcome made us feel right at home"
a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it;
"he led the queen of hearts"
"hearts were trumps"
- My heart was thumping with excitement.
- Mr Jones has a long history of heart trouble.
- He has a kind heart.
- Let's get to the heart of the matter.
- We should get to the heart of the matter.
- I think one heart is the better opening for this hand.
- When the opposite leads a spade you should not have played a card of the heart suit that has been leaded.
- His heart was weak.
- His heart stopped beating.
- Her heart beat violently when she received the letter.
- Every sudden emotion quickens the action of the heart.
- His heart is full of goodwill to all men.
- Her heart was thrilled with pleasure.
- She has a good heart.
- The little girl won our hearts.
- This matter is nearest to his heart.
- Although they're tired, they play with their hearts.
- Have a heart,Bob, and lend me two dollars.
- His virtue of honesty is enough to melt a heart of flint.
- A pang of pity moved her heart.
- Have you the heart to say this of your own son, unnatural mother!
- She has no heart for study.
- He had a heavy heart because of the failure in the exam.
- There are always conflicts between heart and head.
- Try not to let your heart rule your head.
- His head corrects his heart in the choice of friends.
- He wrote her and declared his heart.
- Haas was a man of heart.
- His heart was not in the work.
- His heart failed him.
- His heart died with him.
- Keep your heart up!
- This story lends heart to all of us.
- I didn't have the heart to tell him the news.
- After so many failures he hadn't the heart to try again.
- He sent me a birthday card with a heart on it.
- They cut out many paper hearts.
- She wore a diamond heart around her neck.
- He played a heart.
- Hearts are trumps.
- He lives in the heart of the city.
- This department store is situated at the heart of the shopping district.
- They had reached the heart of the forest.
- The heart of the problem is a shortage of funds.
- You must get to the heart of the matter.
- The article does not touch the heart of the subject.
- The doctors broke through in their fight against heart disease.
- Bless her heart, hasn't she grown into a beautiful young lady!
- Bless your heart, you really helped me a lot.
- Bless my heart!
- Bless my heart, what a dreadful sight!
- Every heart knows its own bitterness.
- It's a poor heart that never rejoices.
- after one's own heart
适合自己心意的 just of the type one likes
- at heart
关心,想到 in one's care
- break sb's heart
使某人很伤心 make very unhappy or sad
- by heart
凭记性 by memory
- eat one's heart out
伤心〔难过〕到极点 be worrying a lot
- from (the bottom of) one's heart
从心底 with real feelings
- have one's heart in the right place
心地善良 be a kind person
- heart and soul
全心全意,完全地 with all one's feelings or agreement; completely
- in good heart
兴高采烈; 状况良好 in good condition or spirit
- in one's〔the〕 heart (of hearts)
在内心深处 in one's inmost feelings
- lose heart
失去勇气,丧失信心 stop hoping for sth or trying to do sth because you no longer feel confident
- lose one's heart to
爱上某人 fall in love with sb
- out of heart
沮丧 dejected; discouraged
- set one's heart on
决心要…,决心做… want to have or do sth very much and be expecting to have or to do it
- take heart
鼓起勇气,振作起来 become encouraged or more confident
- take to heart
对…想不开,为…伤心〔烦恼等〕 feel the effect of sth deeply
take sth to heart
Don't take it to heart, my darling.
She took her failure in the examination to heart.
You have taken my little joke too much to heart.
- take to one's heart
非常喜欢某人 love sb very much
take sb to one's heart
She took the good fellow to her heart immediately.
- wear one's heart on one's sleeve
感情流露在外 show one's feelings (especially to show that one is in love with a certain person)
- with all one's heart
全心全意地,衷心地 with deep feeling; completely
- affect the heart 影响心脏
- have a weak heart 心脏衰弱
- bare one's heart to sb 向某人诉衷肠
- break sb's heart 使某人很伤心,使某人心碎
- brighten sb's heart 使某人心情愉快
- cross one's heart 在胸口画十字(表示说的是真话)
- cry one's heart out 痛哭欲绝,因忧伤而消瘦
- cultivate the heart 陶冶心情
- do sb's heart good 使某人高兴
- ease one's heart 使放心
- eat one's heart out 忧伤过度,因忧患而消瘦
- gain the heart of a girl 赢得姑娘的爱情
- gather one's heart 鼓起勇气
- give one's heart to sb 爱上某人,鼓励某人
- have a kind heart 心肠慈悲
- have no heart 不同情,不体贴
- have one's heart in one's boots (因害怕而)沮丧,绝望
- have one's heart in one's mouth 非常吃惊
- have one's heart in sth 对某事有兴趣,心在某方面
- have the heart to do sth 有勇气做某事
- lay one's heart bare 倾吐衷肠
- lift up the hearts of people 鼓舞人心
- lose heart 失去信心,没有勇气
- lose one's heart to sb/sth 爱上某人,喜欢上某事
- open one's heart to sb 向某人诉衷情
- pour one's heart to sb 向某人倾诉心里话
- put one's heart into work 全心全意工作
- read sb's hearts 看出某人的心思
- set one's heart against 极力反对
- set one's heart on 把心思全放在…上,渴望
- sob one's heart out 痛哭
- steal sb's heart 博得某人的欢心
- take heart 鼓起勇气,振作起来
- take sth to heart 为某事耿耿于怀,为某事忧虑
- throw one's heart into work 全心全意工作
- tire sb's heart out 使某人感到很厌烦
- weep one's heart out 哭得死去活来
- weigh upon sb's heart 压在某人心头
- win sb's heart 赢得某人的心
- failing heart 衰竭的心脏
- strong heart 健壮的心脏
- weak heart 衰弱的心脏
- big heart 心胸开阔
- broken heart 碎了的心
- cold heart 冷酷的心
- compassionate heart 同情心
- cruel heart 残忍的心
- evil heart 恶毒的心
- feeling heart 富有感情的心
- free heart 胸怀坦荡,无忧无虑
- generous heart 慷慨大方
- glad heart 喜悦的心情
- good heart 善良的心
- happy heart 幸福感,愉快的心情
- hard heart 冷酷的心
- heavy heart 沉重的心情
- kind heart 好心肠
- light heart 轻松愉快的心情
- noble heart 高尚的精神
- proud heart 自豪的心情
- soft heart 善良的心
- true heart 忠诚的心
- warm heart 热心肠
- wounded heart 受伤害的心,受刺激的心
- dear heart 宝贝儿
- sweet heart 情人,爱人
- diamond heart 钻石鸡心
- after one's own heart 适合自己心意的
- at heart 内心里,本质上,关心
- by heart 用心,牢记
- from the heart of hearts 从内心深处
- from (the bottom of) one's heart 真诚地,诚挚地
- in good heart 情绪高昂的
- in one's heart 在内心深处
- in one's heart (of hearts) 在内心深处
- matter near heart 认为重要的事
- a change of heart 改变主意
- a man of heart 有情感的人
- ace of heart 红桃A
- be false of heart 不老实
- hard of heart 冷酷,残忍
- bottom of one's heart 心底里
- the girl of one's heart 心中的姑娘
- an affair of the heart 恋爱
- out of heart (土地等)贫瘠,沮丧
- with all one's heart 真心实意地
- with half a heart 三心二意地
The gray-faced people in his waiting room, the heart cases.出自： attrib.
- Bless his〔her, your〕 heart!是感叹语,表示喜爱、感激、赞叹等; Bless my heart!也是感叹语,表示惊愕、意外等。
- have a heart, have the heart
- 这两个短语意思不同:前者作“表同情”解; 后者的意思是“横一横心”或“鼓起勇气”,通常与can或could连用,且仅限用于否定句或疑问句中。例如:
- I discovered that the French people have a heart.我发觉法国人民是富有同情心的。
- I wanted to argue with my boss, but I hadn't the heart.我想跟老板争论,但又没有勇气。
- How can you have the heart to pour oil on the flame?你怎能这样忍心去火上浇油呢?
- lose heart, lose one's heart to sb
- heart, mind
- 1.heart指人或动物、植物等的“心脏”,有时也指人情感的“心”; mind指人的智力,尤指思维能力、心灵、精神等。例如:
- I'm of your mind.我同意你的意见。
- No two minds think alike.没有两个人的想法是完全相同的。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的herte；最初源自古英语的heorte，意为心。