- [U]信任,信仰,信心 trust; strong belief; unquestioning confidence
- [U]宗教信仰 strong belief, in God or in an established religion
- a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny;
"he lost his faith but not his morality"
- complete confidence in a person or plan etc;
"he cherished the faith of a good woman"
"the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
- an institution to express belief in a divine power;
"he was raised in the Baptist religion"
"a member of his own faith contradicted him"
- loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person;
"keep the faith"
"they broke faith with their investors"
- Christians profess their faith when they say the Creed.
- Missionaries went far afield to propagate their faith.
- The disaster caused him to waver in his faith.
- He has great talent, but he has lost his faith.
- I still have faith in John despite his shortcomings.
They adhered to the faith of their fathers.
What you tell me shatters my faith in human nature.
I'm sure she'll pass the test,I've got great faith in her.
He still has great talent, but he has lost faith in himself.
I haven't much faith in this medicine.
Have you any faith in what he says?
I've got deep faith in the essential goodness of human nature.
I've lost faith in that fellow.
He was brought up in the Christian faith.
She is Buddhist by faith.
It was an act of bad faith to betray one's friend.
The just faith that justice would prevail impelled us forward.
The experience gave me faith that people can change.
I have firm faith that he will pass the exam.
- in bad faith
背信弃义地,存心不良地 breaking one's belief
The workers thought that the boss acted in bad faith. 工人们认为老板的行为存心不良。
He had acted in bad faith when he sold them the car knowing it needed a lot of repairs. 他明明知道那辆车需要大修,可他存心不良地把它卖给了他们。
The swindler's offer was in bad faith as he never expected to honor the agreement. 那个骗子的提议是不守信义的,因为他压根儿就没想照协议办。
The government has conducted the negotiations in bad faith. 政府在谈判中缺乏诚意。
- 背信弃义地,存心不良地 breaking one's belief
- in good faith
真诚地,诚意地 with honest intentions
She signed the letter in good faith, not realizing its implications. 她真心实意地在信上签了字,没有意识到其中另有含义。
In all good faith,I wrote to you a few days ago commending this person on her helpfulness, etc. I was deceived. 几天前我还给你写信,诚心诚意地向你推荐这个人,说她如何能干等等,我受了蒙骗。
I doubt whether he is in good faith. 我怀疑他是否有诚意。
I tell you in good faith that I want to get this set of stamps at any cost. 实话跟你说吧,多少钱我都想要这套邮票。
I told her in all good faith that I would be there, but I wasn't able to go. 我真诚地对她说我将去那里,但我没能去成。
- 真诚地,诚意地 with honest intentions
- keep faith
守信 keep one's words
You cannot expect your friends to trust you if you do not keep faith with them. 如果你对朋友不守信,那你就不能指望他们信任你。
- 守信 keep one's words
- on faith
不加怀疑 not doubting
He said he was twenty-one years old and the employment agency took him on faith. 他说他21岁,职业介绍所毫不怀疑就相信了他。
- 不加怀疑 not doubting
- abjure faith 放弃信仰
- adhere faith 坚持信仰
- defend faith 捍卫信仰
- increase faith 增强信念
- keep faith 守信
- recant faith 公开放弃信仰
- renounce faith 放弃信仰
- retain faith 保持信念
- shatter faith 使信心破灭
- state faith 阐述信念
- abiding faith 永恒的信念
- bad faith 不诚实
- blind faith 迷信
- deep faith 深信
- different faith 不同信仰
- good faith 忠诚
- great faith 信心十足
- implicit faith 绝对信任
- infinite faith 无限的信任
- steadfast faith 坚定的信念
- sublime faith 崇高的信仰
- unshakable faith 不可动摇的信念
- on faith 不加怀疑
To have faith in God is to surrender oneself to God.出自：J. H. Newman
Citizens who have lost faith in government and almost in democratic institutions too.出自：Encounter
Our absolute faith that peace will prevail.
- faith, belief, confidence, trust
这组词都可以表示“相信”。其区别在于:1.faith指有事实依据证明某人或某物真实可靠,毋庸置疑; belief是普通用语,指没有经过自己亲自观察和亲身经历就去相信,即使事实不真或根本不存在也不产生怀疑。例如:I have great belief in his ability to succeed.我相信他有能力获得成功。confidence指根据自己的观察,有充分的理由和证据承认某事是正确的。例如:I had confidence in my own youth and energy.我对自己的年轻和精力很有信心。trust指从本人直观感觉认为某人的行为是正确的、符合道德标准的,可以信托。例如:A child usually has perfect trust in his mother.孩子通常都很信任自己的母亲。2.faith后可接that从句; belief后也可接that从句。例如:Their great driving force is the belief that they are doing right.他们相信自己做得对的信念驱使他们前行。confidence除可接that从句外,还可接动词不定式。例如:I hadn't got enough confidence to go ahead .我没有足够的信心前进了。trust除可用作名词外,还可用作动词。例如:Can you trust his account of what happened?你相信他所说的这件事发生的原因吗?
- belief faith confidence conviction credit trust
- belief faith trust confidence
- belief:belief指“承认某事是真的, 尽管有或没有确凿的证据”。
- belief in ghosts.
- I have faith in his ability to succeed.
- trust:trust指“信赖”、“信任”, 含有“坚定的信念”的意思,。
- enjoy the trust of the people
- confidence:confidence指“在有证据的基础上相信”, 也常指“自信”、“有把握”。
- She has great confidence in her success.
误 Never lose your faith of the experiment.
正 Never lose your faith in the experiment.
析 表示“对…失去信心”,应该说lose one's faith in,其中介词in不可用其他介词替换。
- ☆ 13世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的feid；最初源自古典拉丁语的fieds，意为信任，信仰。
- FAITH:Fiber Almost Into The Home准光纤到家,准光纤到家
- FAITH:Food Always in the Home (Philippines program)食物总是在家里(菲律宾程序)
- FAITH:Forsaking All I Trust Him放弃所有我信任他
- faith:faith n. 信任, 信念, 宗教信仰, 忠实, 保证, 诺言, 约定习惯用语breach of faith 背约break faith 背弃信仰; 不守信义break one's faith w…