- v. 败坏…的名声；怀疑；不信
- n. 丧失名誉；怀疑；不信任；丢脸
the state of being held in low esteem;
"your actions will bring discredit to your name"
"because of the scandal the school has fallen into disrepute"
cause to be distrusted or disbelieved;
"The paper discredited the politician with its nasty commentary"
damage the reputation of;
"This newspaper story discredits the politicians"
reject as false; refuse to accept
- They concocted a plot to discredit the governor.
- There was good reason to discredit the witness
- There was good reason to discredit the witness.
- There is no reason to discredit what she says.
- That brought discredit on his name.
- This will bring the store into discredit.
- Violent fans bring discredit on their teams.
- Don't be a discredit to the collective.
Such conduct brings discredit on the name of Athens.出自： B. Jowett
This explanation..has been discredited in recent years.出自： R. Lynd
- disbelieve 不信
- doubt 怀疑
- disgrace 耻辱
- humiliate 使 ... 蒙羞
- shame 羞愧
- dishonor 不名誉
- question 问题
- query 疑问
- suspect 怀疑
- dispute 争论
- slur 诽谤
- demean 贬低
- smear 涂抹
- insult 侮辱
- slander 中伤
- contempt 轻视
- debase 降低质量、地位或价值...
- impute 归罪于
- underestimate 低估
- lower 低的
- disrepute 声誉不好
- credit 信用