- vt. 使确信；使信服；说服
- 使…信服，说服，使...相信 ，使…折服，叫...服服贴贴
- vt. 使相信; 使明白 make sb feel certain; cause sb to realize
make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something;
"He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product"
- I try to convince him of the reality of the danger.
- It took many hours to convince me of his guilt.
- He convinced me of his sincerity.
- There was not an atom of evidence to convince him.
- Your argument is too weak to convince me.
- Who's going to convince him?
- Compulsion will never result in convincing them.
- Persuasion, not compulsion, is the only way to convince them.
- They argue heatedly, but neither could convince the other.
- Are you a hundred per cent convinced yourself?
- He convinced everybody that he was honest.
- The candidate's speech convinced the voters that he was the man for the job.
- It's going to be hard to convince my wife that we can't afford a new car.
- It took them a few days to convince me that it was possible.
- He convinced me that Howard was innocent.
- I could not convince my father that there was no need for him to go there.
- I'm convinced that I am right.
- We are convinced that we will win the game.
- I feel convinced that we can overfulfil our target.
- We convinced Anne to go by train rather than plane.
- I think you will help me convince my father to leave.
- We convince her to stay home.
- I cannot convince him to believe us.
- He'll convince them to accept our advice.
- Convinced that something was wrong, he picked up his money and took to his heels.
- Convinced that he has wrong, he felt very sad.
- convince by (v.+prep.)
通过…使人相信 make sb believe sth by sth
convince sb by sth
They convince the teacher by what they have done.
He convinced me by his honest.
He convinced his mother by his word.
I can not convinced him by what I saw.
He was convinced by what the little boy told him.
I am never convinced by his word.
- convince of (v.+prep.)
使(某人)认识到或相信… persuade (sb) to believe the truth of (sth)
convince sb/sth of sth
We were able to convince the students of the need for wider reading.
Were you able to convince the government of the reality of the danger?
These experiences served to convince me of the drug's harmful effects.
The buyer was convinced of the salesman's integrity.
- convince absolutely 绝对地可信
- convince easily 轻易地相信
- convince firmly 坚定地相信
- convince fully 充分地相信
- convince theoretically 理论上确信
- convince thoroughly 充分地相信
His two chamberlains Will I with wine and wassail so convince That memory..shall be a fume.出自：Macbeth , Shakespeare
We hope to convince him of our sincerity.
We hope to convince him that we are sincere.
- convince, persuade
- I could not persuade her of his death.
- She is still not convinced of his death.
- How can I convince her of its truth?
- She persuades me to take the medicine.
- You try and persuade him.
- Is he convinced of your innocence?
- ☆ 1530年进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的convincere：com (强化前缀） + vincere (征服），意为完全地征服。