- v. 使满意；满足；使信服；清偿
- vt. & vi. 使满意; 满足 make contented; be or give enough for; fulfil a need, desire, etc.
- vt. 使确信 convince; set free from doubt or uncertainty
meet the requirements or expectations of
make happy or satisfied
fill or meet a want or need
- Some people are very hard to satisfy.
- We always satisfy our customers with good service.
- We must satisfy the people's needs.
- Output cannot satisfy the demands of the market.
- Her explanation did not satisfy the teacher.
- He tried to satisfy the police of his innocence.
- He has satisfied a claim for damages.
- Riches don't always satisfy.
- Nothing can always satisfy.
- The result of the test satisfied the teachers.
- The story didn't satisfy me.
- Nothing will satisfy an ambitious man.
- We must develop production to satisfy the people's needs.
- When we had satisfied our hunger we started to work again.
- I hope so.
- I am quite satisfied.
- Personally,I'm extremely satisfied.
- They were pretty well satisfied as to the relations between the two countries.
- Your curiosity must be well satisfied if you have no more questions to ask.
- She's satisfied to stay at home.
- I'm satisfied to learn the news.
- The old woman was satisfied living alone in the small hut.
- You must satisfy me that your story is true.
- He satisfied us that he could do the work well.
- He satisfied himself that he'd tried all the keys.
- He satisfied the judge that he was innocent.
- The police were satisfied that her death was accidental.
- She is quite satisfied that his letter has come.
- They were not satisfied that they could not use underground water.
- He was satisfied that it was an accident.
- He gave a satisfied smile.
- He began to smoke his pipe with a satisfied air.
- It's a most satisfying meal.
- Working with them was our most satisfying activity.
- satisfy for (v.+prep.)
偿还,偿清 pay off sth
satisfy sb/sth for sth
He had to satisfy all claims for the damage he had caused.
We are never late in satisfying him for his labour.
- satisfy of (v.+prep.)
使确信,使相信 make sure of
satisfy sb/oneself of sth
I like to examine all the goods that I intend to buy to satisfy myself of their quality.
He tried hard to satisfy me of his sincerity.
Are you satisfied of the truth of his story?
- satisfy with (v.+prep.)
对…感到满意 give what (sb) wants or needs
be satisfied with sth
Your money will be returned if you are not satisfied with the goods.
I am not satisfied with your work; you must improve it.
He was heartily satisfied with the arrangement.
Were the tourists satisfied with the service at your hotel?
Both parties were highly satisfied with the results of the talks.
I hope you are satisfied with the new car.
我希望你对这辆新车感到满意。be satisfied with wh-clause
She is satisfied with what he has done.
He is satisfied with how the work is going on.
- satisfy a debt 清偿债务
- satisfy a standard 达到标准
- satisfy an injured person 赔偿受伤害的人
- satisfy one's ambition 实现抱负
- satisfy one's doubts 消除疑虑
- satisfy one's fears 消除恐惧
- satisfy oneself of the report 确信报告的真实性
- satisfy sb's curiosity 满足某人的好奇心
- satisfy sb's demand 满足某人的要求
- satisfy the eye 悦目
- satisfy the people's needs 满足人民的需要
- satisfy abundantly 充分满足
- satisfy completely 十分满足
- satisfy fully 充分满足
- satisfy heartily 衷心地满意
- satisfy keenly 渴望满足
- satisfy perfectly 完全满意
- satisfy rationally 合理地满足
- satisfy reasonably 合理地满足
- satisfy thoroughly 完全满意
- satisfy ultimately 最终满足
- satisfy uniquely 独特地满足
The..estate was not sufficient to satisfy the legacies.出自： W. Cruise
- be satisfied还可用于系表结构,意思是“感到满意”,其后常接with引起的短语,也可接动词不定式、现在分词或that/wh-从句。
- satisfied, content, contented
- Many men are content with a routine life.很多人满足这种有规律的生活。
- Tom was a lazy boy. He just passed the exam and was contented with the marks he got.汤姆是个懒家伙,他只满足于考试的分数刚好通过。
- The teacher was quite satisfied with his answer.老师对他的回答很满意。
- He was quite content to do so.他甘愿这么做。
- He has a contented smile.他有一丝满意的笑容。
- The mother was satisfied.妈妈很满意。
- satisfy, compensate, indemnify, pay, reimburse, remunerate
- Many firms compensate their workers if they are hurt at work.许多公司都对工作时受伤的工人给予赔偿。
- I will remunerate you my debt for gratitude.我要报答我对你的感激之情。
- We only hope we can remunerate you for the pleasure you have given us.我们只希望能够报答你给我们带来的快乐。
- He had to satisfy all claims for the damage he had caused.他必须赔偿他造成的所有损失。
- We are never late in satisfying him for his labour.我们从不延误付给他劳动报酬。
- All expenses will be reimbursed to the customer for any loss or damage.一切费用都能给你报销。
- Their former enemies indemnified the victorious nations for the huge loss.战胜国要求战败国交付巨额赔款。
误 The explanation is satisfied with me.
正 I am satisfied with the explanation.
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中古法语的satisfier；最初源自古法语的satisfaire，意为补偿。
- satisfied adj. 满意的;满足的‖satisfying adj. 令人满意的,令人满足的