- n. 移动；步骤；迁居；动作
- vt. 推动；使移动；使 ... 感动；提议
- vi. 移动；搬家；采取行动
- 棋子的一步棋， 棋子的走法
- 【计】 移动
- vt. & vi. 移动; 搬动 change place or position
- vi. 搬家,迁移 change place by moving
- vi. 进展,前进,展开 advance; get nearer to an end
- vt. 使感动 cause (a person) to feel pity, sadness, anger, admiration, etc.
- vt. 提议,要求 make at a meeting (a formal suggestion on which arguments for and against are beard, and a decision taken, especially by voting)
- [S]动,移动,动作 an act of moving, movement
- [C]一步,一着 an act of taking a piece from one square and putting it on another
- [C]行动,行动步骤 sth (to be) done to achieve a purpose
- [C]迁移,搬家 an act of going to a new home, office, etc.
the act of deciding to do something;
"he didn't make a move to help"
"his first move was to hire a lawyer"
the act of changing your residence or place of business;
"they say that three moves equal one fire"
a change of position that does not entail a change of location;
"the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"
"movement is a sign of life"
"an impatient move of his hand"
the act of changing location from one place to another;
"police controlled the motion of the crowd"
"the movement of people from the farms to the cities"
"his move put him directly in my path"
(game) a player's turn to take some action permitted by the rules of the game
change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically;
"How fast does your new car go?"
"We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"
"The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"
"The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"
"news travelled fast"
cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense;
"Move those boxes into the corner, please"
"I'm moving my money to another bank"
"The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant"
move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion;
"He moved his hand slightly to the right"
change residence, affiliation, or place of employment;
"We moved from Idaho to Nebraska"
"The basketball player moved from one team to another"
follow a procedure or take a course;
"We should go farther in this matter"
"She went through a lot of trouble"
"go about the world in a certain manner"
"Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
be in a state of action;
"she is always moving"
go or proceed from one point to another;
"the debate moved from family values to the economy"
perform an action, or work out or perform (an action);
"think before you act"
"We must move quickly"
"The governor should act on the new energy bill"
"The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
have an emotional or cognitive impact upon;
"This child impressed me as unusually mature"
"This behavior struck me as odd"
give an incentive for action;
"This moved me to sacrifice my career"
arouse sympathy or compassion in;
"Her fate moved us all"
dispose of by selling;
"The chairman of the company told the salesmen to move the computers"
progress by being changed;
"The speech has to go through several more drafts"
"run through your presentation before the meeting"
live one's life in a specified environment;
"she moves in certain circles only"
have a turn; make one's move in a game;
"Can I go now?"
propose formally; in a debate or parliamentary meeting
- The army is on the move.
- This move is now in preparation.
- Their move to Latin America was a leap in the dark.
- Evans is a rare dancer, whose moves are so elegant.
- Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
- That desk is fixed, don't try to move it.
- The woman is deeply moved by his selfless spirit.
- Give it a hard push, then it will move.
- My family moved here two years ago.
- Nobody seems willing to move in the matter.
- Nobody moves.
- The train began to move.
- I am afraid it is time to be moving now.
- Let's get things moving.
- Work on the new building is moving more quickly than was expected.
- The crowd on the square started to move.
- We are moving next week.
- Their present office is too small, so they've decided to move.
- He is going to move his furniture.
- The magnetic crane moves scrap iron from piles into trucks.
- The patient, who had been asleep for nearly three hours, began to move his hands and legs.
- He was laughing and moving his head from side to side.
- The wind moved the leaves.
- Nothing can move him.
- The story of their suffering moved us deeply.
- Nothing they said could move him.
- Even father was deeply moved.
- I was truly moved by his tears.
- She was moved with pity.
- We were all moved by her entreaties.
- I move that we adopt the agenda as it stands.
- I move that we elect a committee to work out a draft resolution.
- Mr.Chairman,I move that the money be used for library books.
- Some of the members of the committee moved that something be done to prevent it.
- I move that the meeting be adjourned.
- What moved you to do this?
- Nothing I said moved him to offer his help.
- The spirit moved him to get up and address the meeting.
- All the moves of the ballerina were graceful.
- She watched his every move like a hawk.
- Do you know all the moves in chess?
- Whose move is it?
- What's our next move?
- The robber said that if any of us made a move he would shoot.
- Unless we make a move soon, we shall not be able to fulfill our plan.
- It's getting late, we ought to make a move.
- We'll make a move to the city next week.
- The snake made a small move.
- New moves to settle the strike have ended in failure.
- In a move to restrict imports, the government raised custom duties.
- move about〔around〕 (v.+adv.)
不停地走动; 到处旅行,到处活动 move from place to place; travel around
He is already moving about.
Day and night the giant arms of the cranes move about, loading and unloading cargo.
I heard someone moving about upstairs.
He is a great traveller and has moved about all over the world.
Salesmen are constantly moving around from one town to another.
- move along (v.+adv.)
(使)往前走,(使)走开 keep moving; move farther in the direction indicated
The policeman told us to move along.
警察叫我们走开。move sb along
They moved us along.
- move away (v.+adv.)
改变(见解) change idea, position, etc.
- move back (v.+adv.)
搬回原来住过的地方 return to live in a place that one had left
Move back!The roof is falling!
往后退,屋顶要垮了!move sth ⇔ back
If we move the table back, there'll be room for another chair.
The family left town three years ago but moved back last week.
- move down1 (v.+adv.)
(在车中)向里走 pass further along
move sb ⇔ down
We had to move that student down to an easier class.
Move down inside, please!Make room for others.
- move down2 (v.+prep.)
在(车)中向里走 pass further along
- move for (v.+prep.)
提议; 申请,请求 make formal application for
move for sth
The delegate moved for a reconsideration of the suggestion.
The noble Lord moved for the papers to be brought.
- move in (v.+adv.)
搬进,迁进 take possession of a house
They will move in next week.
We moved out yesterday and the new tenants are moving in today.
The family are moving in on the first of the month.
We can't move in until next month.
The new tenants moved in on Tuesday.
新房客星期二就搬了进来。move sth in
They helped us to move the furniture in.
- move in on (v.+adv.+prep.)
影响 take control of
- move on1 (v.+adv.)
(使)走开,继续前进,继续进行,往前走 (cause to) move to a different place; go further; continue
Don't halt here.Move on, move on!
By the time he got there, his friends had already moved on.
I have been in this job for five years now.It is time I was moving on.
这件工作我已干了五年,也该提升了。move sb ⇔ on
We wanted to park in front of the bank, but the traffic warden moved us on.
- move on2 (v.+prep.)
对…采取行动 take action about (sth)
move on sth
When will the government move on this important matter?
- move out (v.+adv.)
出发,开始旅行 start a journey
- move over (v.+adv.)
让位 yield one's position
- move up (v.+adv.)
(使)升级,提升 (cause to) go to a higher level or rank than before
He has moved very rapidly up.
他晋升得很快。move sb ⇔ up
Dr. Smith was moved up from an associate to a full professorship.
- get a move on
赶快 make haste; hurry up
- on the move
在进步中 advancing; progressing
- move a step 移动一步
- move an army 调动军队
- move an engine 开动引擎
- move heaven and earth 尽最大努力
- move house 搬家
- move one's hand 使手动
- move one's head 使头动
- move one's lips 使嘴唇动
- move the capital from...to... 把首都从…迁到…
- move the furniture 搬家具
- move troops 调动军队
- move ahead 朝前移到
- move upwards 上升
- move automatically 自动移动
- move bodily 整体地移动
- move cautiously 谨慎地移动
- move deeply 深深地感动
- move gracefully 优美地移动
- move impatiently 不耐烦地移动
- move intelligibly 可理解地感动
- move passively 消极地行动
- move profoundly 深深地感动
- move rashly 轻率地移动
- move stealthily 隐蔽地移动
- move tremulously 震颤地移动
- move violently 猛烈地移动
- move along 往前移
- move away 移开
- move back 搬(迁)回,后退
- move down 往下移动,向前移动
- move in 搬进
- move off 移开
- move on 往前移
- move out 搬出去
- move over 挪开些,挪到一边去
- move up 晋升
- move about 来回移动
- move against the enemy 向敌军进击
- move along the road 沿路前进
- move at 为…感动
- move for 提议,建议,要求,请求
- move from 从…搬走,离开…
- move in the circle of 在…圈子中活动
- move into the country 搬往农村
- move on schedule 按预定计划进行
- move out of 搬出
- move round the sun 绕太阳运行
- move toward the table 走向桌子
- move with the time 跟上时代步伐
- alternate move 交替行动
- attempt move 采取行动
- calculate move 预测步骤
- check a move 制止行动
- determine move 决定行动
- devise move 设计步骤
- encourage move 促进行动
- favour a move 赞成某一行动
- get a move on 赶快
- guard move 防范行动
- limit move 限制行动
- know a move 知道某一行动
- lose a move to sb 输人一着
- make a move 采取行动
- study move 研究步骤
- undertake move 着手行动
- safe move 安全措施
- shrewd move 精明的一着
- wise move 明智的做法
- adroit move 机敏的行动
- ambitious move 野心勃勃的行动
- bad move 错误的行动,走一着坏棋
- brilliant move 英明的提议
- careless move 不慎的一着
- clever move 机智的一着
- decisive move 决策
- definite move 明确的行动
- false move 错误的一着
- forward move 向前推进
- good move 高明的一着
- graceful move 优美的动作
- latest move 最新的行动
- next move 下一步行动
- opening move 开局的第一步棋
- political move 政治行动
- practical move 实际的行动,实际步骤
- safe move 安全的行动
- smart move 机智的一着
- strategic move 战略行动
- stupid move 愚蠢的一着
- the first move 第一步行动
- wrong move 错误的一着
- a move towards… 的一个步骤
My first move was to try and get a job on one of the newspapers.出自： W. C. Williams
Months before David Owen made his formal move to leave the Labour Party.出自： M. Foot
It challenged me more than other sports, with its infinite possibility of moves.出自： G. Naylor
When you castle your King, do not move the Pawns before him till forced to it.出自： E. Hoyle
She moved her lips..but could not speak.出自： T. Hardy
Sir Laurence Mont..moved his legs with speed.出自： J. Galsworthy
The lake was moved by strange tides.出自： E. Waugh
I must have that phone moved out of the hall.出自： J. Rule
I..moved the towel with my foot.出自： J. Fowles
Two policemen walked by and moved a couple of the men.出自： R. Ingalls
The essential characteristic of material objects..that they can be moved about in space.出自： M. Warnock
The date of..Founder's Day had been moved forward.出自： R. P. Jhabvala
- move在美式英语中用作不及物动词时,还可表示“搬家”,相当于英式英语的成语move house。
- moving, moved
- This is a moving story.这是一个感人的故事。
- The moved tears came down his face.感动的泪水顺着他的脸颊流下来。
- move, remove, shift, transfer
- move主要指改变位置或姿势,是这组同义词中使用最广泛的; remove着重于离开或脱离原来的位置、处所、职位、职业等,作一种新的、有时是暂时的安排或改变,多是有意识地移动; shift着重于位置或方向的改变,常用于口语中,它还带有不稳定、不安的含义; transfer指从一个容器、车船等交通工具,或者所有制转换到另一个容器、另一种交通工具或所有制中。例如:
- He removed the child from the class.他把小孩从班上带走。
- He shifted impatiently in his seat during the long speech.在听冗长的报告时,他不耐烦地在座位上挪来挪去。
- At London we transferred from the train to a bus.在伦敦我们由火车改乘公共汽车。
- move, actuate, drive, prompt
- move为一般用语,不强调动因是外部力量还是个人的动机; actuate为正式用语,动因来自一种强大的内在力量,如强烈的感情、欲望或信念; drive指持续不断地向前推进,或指受内力或外力的驱使; prompt多用于动因不太重要的场合。例如:
- He is actuated not by kindness but by ambition.他并非出于好心,而是出于个人野心。
- They drove to the station.他们开车到车站去。
- The sight of the ships prompted thoughts of his distant home.看到船他便想起遥远的故乡。
- move on, advance
- move on是非正式用语,指从一点向另一地点前进,但不表明所前进的目的地; advance表示向一固定目标或目的地推进。例如:
- The blackboard moved on.那块黑板继续向前移动。
- Napoleon's army advanced on Moscow.拿破仑的军队向莫斯科推进。
- move, affect, touch
- move指足以产生某一行动或情感的流露、表露; affect则强调“怜悯”“温柔”,是普通用词; touch是语气更强烈的词,含有“哀泣”的意味。例如:
- She was deeply affected by the news of his death.他去世的消息使她深感悲痛。
- His sad story so touched us that we nearly cried.他那悲惨的遭遇深深打动了我们,使我们几乎要哭出声来。
- move, motion, movement
- 1.movement一般指具体动作; motion则主要指抽象的、与静对立的“动”,不管是自己在动还是受外力而动。motion还可指位置的移动,也可指条件的改变或一系列运动的各个过程。多用于哲学或自然科学文献中。例如:
- We study the laws of motion.我们研究运动的规律。
- If a thing is in motion, it is not at rest.如果一个物体在运动,它就不是处于静止状态。
- The detectives are watching his every move.警探在注视着他的一举一动。
- Their next move on their tour will be from Dover to London.他们旅行的下一步将是从多佛去伦敦。
- When the hostess made a move from the table, all the guests arose and followed her to the drawing room.当女主人离开餐桌时,所有的客人都起立跟着她来到客厅。
- The next move is yours.下一步棋该你走了。
误 We are moving a/the house tomorrow.
误 We are moving our house tomorrow.
正 We are moving house tomorrow.
析 短语move house是固定短语,在house前不能加饰任何修饰语和限定语。我一年前搬到了北京。
误 I have moved to Beijing for a year.
正 It is a year since I moved to Beijing.
误 She moved to tears at the news.
正 She was moved to tears at the news.
析 move是及物动词,表示“感动得流泪”,应该说be moved to tears。她被那悲伤的影片所深深打动了,禁不住哭起来。
误 Deeply moving by the sad film, she couldn't help crying.
正 Deeply moved by the sad film, she couldn't help crying.
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的movir；最初源自拉丁语的movere，意为移动。
- go on
- touch n.