- vt. & vi. 说服,劝告 make sb believe or do sth by talking to him
- win approval or support for;
"Carry all before one"
"His speech did not sway the voters"
- cause somebody to adopt a certain position, belief, or course of action; twist somebody's arm;
"You can't persuade me to buy this ugly vase!"
- How can I persuade you of my sincerity?
- We are persuaded of the justice of her case.
- I am not fully persuaded by the evidence.
- You try and persuade her (to come out with us).
- He is easily persuaded.
She persuaded easily.
The boy persuades easily.
Nothing would persuade him.
I tried hard to persuade him.
It was difficult to persuade him because he was very stubborn.
Despite all my efforts to persuade him, he wouldn't agree.
It's easy to persuade them, if you go the right way about it.
She soon persuaded her husband.
She persuaded her several friends.
It is easy to persuade oneself.
I was fully persuaded.
I shall persuade him to take the medicine.
Naturally, we'll do our best to persuade people to buy our products.
I was at last able to persuade him to take this job.
I persuaded my brother to accept the job.
He succeeded in persuading her to give up her part-time job.
She wanted to persuade her brother to give up smoking, but in vain.
Who persuaded you to write that letter?
I persuaded my friend to go swimming yesterday.
I want to persuade this little girl to go overseas with me.
I was able at last to persuade my companion to take my advice.
I'll persuade him to go with you.
He is persuading his daughter to change her mind.
The young mother persuaded her son to have a cup of milk.
He was persuaded to try again.
She was persuaded to marry John.
- persuade into (v.+prep.)
劝某人做某事 cause sb to do sth; convince sb to do sth persuade sb into v-ing
You try and persuade her into coming with us.你试试劝她跟我们来。
He couldn't persuade me into accepting his terms.他没能说服我接受他的条件。
Who persuaded you into writing that letter?谁劝你写那封信的?
I have persuaded him into doing it.我已经说服他去做这件事。
He persuaded her into going to the dinner party.他说服了她去参加宴会。
Her mother persuaded her into staying at home for a whole day.她母亲劝她在家中呆了一整天。用于 be ～ed 结构
He is the sort of man that could be persuaded into doing everything.他是那种可被说服做任何事情的人。
She was persuaded into doing it against her will.她违背了自己的意愿,最后同意做这件事了。
- 劝某人做某事 cause sb to do sth; convince sb to do sth persuade sb into v-ing
- persuade (of) (v.+prep.)
使某人确信 cause sb to convince persuade sb/oneself of sth
How can I persuade you of my sincerity?我如何能够使你相信我的诚意?
They couldn't persuade him of their sincerity.他们无法使他相信他们的诚意。
We had to persuade them of the need to evacuate their house.我们只得使他们相信他们有必要腾出房子。
We persuaded him of its importance.我们使他相信它的重要性。
I have persuaded him of its truth.我使他相信了其中的真相。
Tom can't persuade himself of my sincerity.汤姆始终无法说服自己相信我的诚意。用于 be ～ed 结构
I'm firmly persuaded of the man's innocence.我坚信此人的清白。
I'm thoroughly persuaded of his loyalty.我完全相信他的忠诚。
That man was almost persuaded of her honesty.那个人几乎相信她是诚实的。persuade sb/oneself that-clause
At last I persuaded him that he was wrong.我终于说服他认错了。
They persuaded him that this medicine was excellent for his colds.他们使他相信这种药治感冒特别灵。
She wanted to buy the orange dress, but we persuaded her that the blue one was much fitter.她想买那件橙色连衣裙,但我们使她相信蓝色的更合适。
He persuaded her that he was honest.他使她相信他是诚实的。
We could not persuade him that she was telling the truth.我们无法使他相信她讲的是实话。
How can I persuade you that I am grateful to you?我怎样才能使你相信我对你非常感激呢?
I could not persuade myself that this exciting moment would ever come.我无法使自己相信这个激动人心的时刻会到来。
I could not persuade myself that it was good for the health.我无法使自己相信这对健康有好处。
I persuaded myself that I could make contributions to the motherland.我相信我能为祖国作出贡献。
He persuaded himself that he could finish the business.他相信他能完成这项任务。用于 be ～ed 结构
They were persuaded that we would accept the invitation.他们相信我们会接受邀请。
I'm almost persuaded that he is honest.我几乎相信他是诚实的。
How can I be persuaded that you are sincere?我怎么能相信你是诚心诚意的呢?
It was easily persuaded that he must be a very good man.很容易使人相信他是一个好人。
- 使某人确信 cause sb to convince persuade sb/oneself of sth
- persuade out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
劝某人放弃做某事 prevent sb from a course by talking to sb persuade sb out of sth/v-ing
He persuaded me out of the idea of discontinuing the experiment.他劝我放弃中断实验的想法。
We persuaded him out of lending his money to that untrustworthy man.我们说服了他,他未把钱借给那个不能信赖的人。
- 劝某人放弃做某事 prevent sb from a course by talking to sb persuade sb out of sth/v-ing
- persuade artfully 巧妙地说服
- persuade easily 容易被说服
- persuade eloquently 有力地劝说
- persuade firmly 坚定的说服
- persuade forcibly 有说服力地劝说
- persuade fully 完全说服
- persuade tactfully 巧妙地说服
- persuade thoroughly 彻底说服
- persuade in 劝某人进去
- persuade over here 把某人劝过来
- persuade up 把某人劝起来
Be persuaded into being respectable.出自：Dickens
I've been trying to persuade Izzy down to the city for the last five years.出自：M. Shadbolt
Nothing would persuade many..important publishers to disclose their turnover figures.出自：S. Unwin
- persuade的基本意思是“说服”,指通过晓之以理或动之以情的各种方法如劝说、辩论、恳求等,能使或已使某人相信某事或者接受某建议而做或不做某事。强调不仅“说”,而且使之“服”。假如只表示“说服”这种动作,而不知对方已经或者能否“服”,则不用persuade,应该用try〔want〕 to persuade。
- persuade既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,后可接名词或代词作宾语; 作不及物动词时,主动形式常含有被动意义,即主语是被说服的对象,这种用法通常见于一般时态,并带 easily 之类的状语,说明“说服”的难易度。persuade还可接以动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。
- persuade作“使相信,使确信”解时,其后可接of引出相信的内容。当of的宾语是that从句时, of须省略。
- persuade into可表示“说服某人做某事”; persuade out则表示“说服某人不做某事或放弃某想法”。
- 以往的语法学家都把persuade sb to- v 中的to- v 看作是宾语补足语,但现代有些语法学家认为to- v 是直接宾语。
- persuade, advice
- I advised her, but she would not listen to me.
- I persuaded her to give up smoking.
- persuade, convince
- I could not persuade her of his death.
- She is still not convinced of his death.
- How can I convince her of its truth?
- She persuades me to take the medicine.
- You try and persuade him.
- Is he convinced of your innocence?
- persuade, dissuade, lobby
- I can't be persuaded of his honesty.
- I can't persuade myself of his honesty.
- I never persuade him to do it.
- I always persuaded him not to do such a thing.
- I will never persuade him to do it.
误 He persuaded me to join in the discussion, but as I was in a bad humour,I refused.
正 He tried to persuade me to join in the discussion, but as I was in a bad humour,I refused.
误 I persuaded her to let me go with her, but failed.
正 I tried to persuade her to let me go with her, but failed.
析 表示“试图劝说某人做某事”可说try to persuade sb to- v ,不可说persuade sb to- v , persuade sb to- v 表示“(已经)说服某人做某事”。
误 The salesman persuaded us that we bought his product.
正 The salesman persuaded us to buy his product.
误 We persuaded him about our good intentions.
正 We persuaded him of our good intentions.
- ☆ 直接源自中古法语的persuader；最初源自拉丁语的persuadere，意为通过谈转话来变。
- persuasive adj. 能说服的；善于游说的
- persuade:persuade v. 说服, 劝说, (使)相信, 劝某人做(不做)某事 英英解释:动词persuade:1. win approval or support for同义词：carry, sway2…