- 坏的,劣质的; 不合格的,有错的 of poor quality; below an acceptable standard; faulty
- 不道德的; 邪恶的 not morally acceptable; wicked
- 令人不快的,使人讨厌的 unpleasant; disagreeable
- 严重的; 显著的 serious; noticeable
- 因变质而不能食用的 (of food) not fit to be eaten because of decay
- [P]不健康的,有病的 unhealthy or diseased
- 有害于某人的 hurtful
- 不适宜的; 困难的 unsuitable; difficult
- [U]坏的事物 that which is wicked, unpleasant, etc.
- that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency;
"take the bad with the good"
- having undesirable or negative qualities;
"a bad report card"
"his sloppy appearance made a bad impression"
"a bad little boy"
"clothes in bad shape"
"a bad cut"
"the news was very bad"
"the reviews were bad"
"the pay is bad"
"it was a bad light for reading"
"the movie was a bad choice"
- very intense;
"a bad headache"
"in a big rage"
"had a big (or bad) shock"
"a bad earthquake"
"a bad storm"
- feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad');
"my throat feels bad"
"she felt bad all over"
"he was feeling tough after a restless night"
- (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition;
"a refrigerator full of spoilt food"
- feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone;
"felt regretful over his vanished youth"
"regretful over mistakes she had made"
"he felt bad about breaking the vase"
- not capable of being collected;
"a bad (or uncollectible) debt"
- below average in quality or performance;
"a bad chess player"
"a bad recital"
"so-called bad grammar"
- not financially safe or secure;
"a bad investment"
"high risk investments"
"anything that promises to pay too much can't help being risky"
"speculative business enterprises"
- physically unsound or diseased;
"has a bad back"
"a bad heart"
"an unsound limb"
- capable of harming;
"smoking is bad for you"
- characterized by wickedness or immorality;
"led a very bad life"
- reproduced fraudulently;
"like a bad penny..."
"a forged twenty dollar bill"
- not working properly;
"a bad telephone connection"
"a defective appliance"
- with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly');
"the injury hurt badly"
"the buildings were badly shaken"
"it hurts bad"
"we need water bad"
- very much; strongly;
"I wanted it badly enough to work hard for it"
"the cables had sagged badly"
"they were badly in need of help"
"he wants a bicycle so bad he can taste it"
- Smoking is bad for health.
- In the recession, our firm went through a bad time.
- He's gone to bad since he made friends with those people.
- Their travel plan was cancelled because of the bad weather.
- His shabby appearance creates a bad impression.
- It's a very bad thing to leave things around.
- Bad eyesight is less common in this part.
- A bad workman quarrels with his tool.
- I felt bad all day.
- She's got a bad headache.
- Leaving his name off the list was a bad slip-up.
- She has been racked with a bad cough.
- It's bad to you to read in the sun.
- Stagflation is bad for stock market valuations.
- In several passages he stressed that bad governments, especially corrupt or repressive ones, could not expect his help.
- Pogroms, crusades, bad Popes, and crooked preachers on the Old Time Gospel hour have left a bad taste in many people's mouths.
- I thought it was a very bad article.
- The decadence of morals is bad for a nation.
- Your bad skin will tell against you if you want to be an actress.
- Bad breath, as well as being unpleasant, can be interpreted by would-be lovers as a sign of health problems.
- He was for putting bad men behind bars.
- The bad man will suffer eternal damnation.
- You must learn to take the bad with the good.
- That's what I want, and I want it bad.
- Alison sings bad.
A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
What bad weather we're having!
What a bad drawing!
Gossip had it that she was a bad girl.
He leads a bad life.
That was a bad blunder.
That was a bad mistake.
The rain has had a very bad effect on the crops.
The accused spent a few bad minutes waiting for the jury's decision.
I've got a bad headache.
The boy has caught a bad cold.
His father has bad circulation.
On hearing the bad news, she was in a fever of impatience.
Don't eat those bad eggs.
That's not a bad idea.
My liver's very bad.Dreadful pain here.
She feels bad today.
I feel bad about what happened.
She is bad at swimming.
Sweets are bad for your teeth.
Reading in the dark is bad for your eyes.
The plan is bad in several ways.
Fish soon goes bad in hot weather.
Things are bad with me.
It is bad to steal.
The fish was so bad that we couldn't eat it.
It's too bad you are leaving tomorrow.
It's too bad she's so ill.
She had no bad in her.
The good in him was a constant variance with the bad.
- bad blood
恶感 ill feeling
I'm not surprised they fought each other last night, there has been bad blood between them. 昨晚他们打架我并不惊奇,他们之间的仇恨由来已久。
- 恶感 ill feeling
- bad debt
坏账 money owing that is written off
My business is in financial trouble because of a series of bad debts. 因为有许多收不回的债款,我的生意陷入了财政困难。
- 坏账 money owing that is written off
- bad egg〔hat, lot〕
卑鄙小人 sb of bad character〔reputation〕
I'd advise you not to associate with him, he's bad egg. 我奉劝你不要和他交往,他是一个卑鄙小人。
- 卑鄙小人 sb of bad character〔reputation〕
- bad language
骂人的脏话 swearing; blaspheming
I will not tolerate bad language in this house. 在这个家里我无法容忍骂人的脏话。
- 骂人的脏话 swearing; blaspheming
- bad light
看不清的地方 weak light
The picture was hung in a bad light. 那幅画挂在一处看不大清的地方。
坏印象 unfavourable reputation
The report showed the government in a bad light. 该报导说明政府的声誉不佳。
An accused person's own testimony may put him in a very bad light before the jury. 被告自己的证词可能会使自己在法庭上处于很不利的地位。
- 看不清的地方 weak light
- come to a bad end
死于非命; 落得个不好的下场 finish in unpleasant〔criminal〕 circumstances
He's already been caught shoplifting; that boy will come to a bad end. 那男孩冒充顾客进商店行窃被抓,他将不会有好下场。
- 死于非命; 落得个不好的下场 finish in unpleasant〔criminal〕 circumstances
- go from bad to worse
越来越坏 deteriorate gradually
The service in this hotel goes from bad to worse. 这个旅店的服务每况愈下。
- 越来越坏 deteriorate gradually
- in a bad way
情况不好 in a very poor state
Mrs. Rose has cancer and is in a bad way. 露丝太太得了癌症,而且很严重。
The patient eats very little and is in a bad way. 病人吃得很少,情况不妙。
- 情况不好 in a very poor state
- in bad taste
不美观,俗气 in poor taste
She dresses in bad taste. 她穿得很俗气。
What he said was a joke in very bad taste. 他所说的是个很不体面的笑话。
- 不美观,俗气 in poor taste
- not bad
不错 comparatively good
That was not bad for a first attempt. 按初次尝试来说,那就算不错了。
Have you tried the new restaurant yet?—It's not too bad. 你尝试过这家新饭店没有?——不错。
- 不错 comparatively good
- too bad
It's too bad you can't come to the party. 你不能来参加宴会真遗憾。
It's too bad that the sale of your house has fallen through. 真糟糕,你的卖房一事已泡汤了。
- 〈口〉可惜 unfortunate
- go to the bad
变坏,堕落 become completely immoral
The boy was never in trouble before; he only went to the bad after his father died. 这男孩以前是从不惹事的; 自他父亲死后,他就变坏了。
I'm sorry to hear that the boy has gone to the bad, turning criminal so young. 这男孩已经堕落下去,这么年轻就成了罪犯,我听了非常难过。
- 变坏,堕落 become completely immoral
- in bad with
与(某人)关系恶劣 be bad in relationship with sb
If you get in bad with your boss, you'll have problems. 如果你失宠于老板,就会遇到麻烦。
In despair over losing his job he fell in bad with companions. 他失业后自暴自弃,混入到一伙坏朋友当中。
- 与(某人)关系恶劣 be bad in relationship with sb
- take the bad with the good
好坏都看得开 accept the unwelcome aspects as well as the welcome ones
One must be willing to take the bad with the good. 人们对好事与坏事都要心甘情愿接受。
- 好坏都看得开 accept the unwelcome aspects as well as the welcome ones
- bad cold 重感冒
- bad faith 不诚实，背叛；奸诈
- bad form 不正当的社交行为，不能接受的行为
- bad girl 无教养的女子,不正经的女子
- bad job 坏事，徒劳的事；做得拙劣的活儿
- bad news 令人不快的事，噩耗
- bad sector 〈计〉坏扇区
- bad smell 难闻的气味
- bad taste 后悔和不安的强烈感觉
- bad track 〈计〉坏磁道
- bad woman 无教养的女人,不正经的女人
- not half bad 相当好
- to the bad 亏损,负债
Children perished..from bad nourishment.出自：T. R. Malthus
All ways are lnog over bad roads.出自：E. Glasgow
Why should people go out to see bad films when they can stay at home and see bad television?出自：S. Goldwyn
I couldn't do it on the phoneshis hearing's bad.出自：K. Laffan
She needs a new coat badly.
- feel bad同feel badly都表示“身体或精神上感觉不好”，有时指“因和别人感同身受而感觉不好”。feel badly在字面义上还可指“触觉不好”。
- bad的基本意思是“坏的,邪恶的,不道德的”,也可作“令人不快的,使人讨厌的”“严重的; 显著的”“有病的”“有害于某人的”“不适宜的; 困难的”等解。
- bad和feel, seem, look等词连用,意为“不舒服”。
- bad一般不用于否定句中,习语not bad的意思是“不错”。
- bad, evil, ill, wicked
这组词的共同意思是“坏”。其区别是：1.从所指范围上说, ill和bad范围最广,从稍有不利、不良到邪恶均可使用, evil和wicked指“邪恶”,程度较重。2.从语气上说,从弱到强依次为bad, ill, evil , wicked。3.evil多用于道德方面, wicked谴责意味最强。例如:That woman has an evil tongue.那女人有一张惯于恶语中伤的嘴。It's a wicked waste of money.这样浪费金钱简直是罪恶。4.ill还可作“有病的,不健康的”解, bad还可作“不幸的,太可惜的”解。例如:Too bad you couldn't come last night.真可惜,你昨晚没能来。
- bad, unpleasant
误 He slept very bad last night.
正 He slept very badly last night.
- adj.(形容词) adverse base corrupt criminal damaging dangerous decayed evil harmful harsh off grave serious severe troubled unfortunate wrong
- BAD:British Association of Dermatologists英国协会的皮肤科医生
- BAD:Bathymetric Archive Data地质档案资料
- BAD:Baden-Baden (German city, license plate prefix)巴登巴登(德国城市)的车牌号码前缀
- bad:释义 bad【bAd】adj.劣质的, 有害的, 坏的, 不利的, 不健康的, 严重的 举例 badbad 1AHD:【b²d】 D.J.【b#d】K.K.【b#d】adj.（形容…