make clear and (more) comprehensible;
"clarify the mystery surrounding her death"
finish a task completely;
"I finally got through this homework assignment"
free (the throat) by making a rasping sound;
"Clear the throat"
"The sky cleared after the storm"
make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear;
"Could you clarify these remarks?"
"Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- It's very likely to clear up by and by.
- Let me clear up the broken glass before someone walks on it.
- We should clean up the past-due bills.
- I must spend a few days to clear off all my work.
- It cleared up soon after the rain.
- I believe it will be cold and clear.
- I'd like to clear up two or three points.
- The water of the lake is green and clear.
- ascertain 确定
- unscramble 整理
- simplify 简化
- solve 解决
- clear 清楚的
- elucidate 阐明
- crystalize 明确
- polish off (飞快地)完成...
- shed light on 照亮
- get through 通过
- enlighten 启发
- crystallise (使)结晶
- light up 点亮
- sort out 整理
- wrap up 掩饰
- finish up 结束
- mop up 擦去
- straighten out 成一直线
- crystallize （使）结晶
- clarify 澄清
- illuminate 照明
- finish off 结束
- crystalise 结晶
- brighten 使变亮
- overcast 阴天的