- [C]改变,变化 a thing that is different now
- [U]零钱,硬币 small pieces of money; coins
- [U]找回的钱,找赎 money that you get when you have paid too much
- vt. & vi. 改变 make or become different; make a transfer or conversion
- vt. & vi. 更换 take or put sth in place of another; substitute one thing for another; exchange
- vt. 兑换 give money in exchange for money of a different type
- an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another;
"the change was intended to increase sales"
"this storm is certainly a change for the worse"
"the neighborhood had undergone few modifications since his last visit years ago"
- a relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event;
"he attributed the change to their marriage"
- the action of changing something;
"the change of government had no impact on the economy"
"his change on abortion cost him the election"
- the result of alteration or modification;
"there were marked changes in the lining of the lungs"
"there had been no change in the mountains"
- the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due;
"I paid with a twenty and pocketed the change"
- a thing that is different;
"he inspected several changes before selecting one"
- a different or fresh set of clothes;
"she brought a change in her overnight bag"
- coins of small denomination regarded collectively;
"he had a pocketful of change"
- money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency;
"he got change for a twenty and used it to pay the taxi driver"
- a difference that is usually pleasant;
"he goes to France for variety"
"it is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"
- cause to change; make different; cause a transformation;
"The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"
"The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature;
"She changed completely as she grew older"
"The weather changed last night"
- become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence;
"her mood changes in accordance with the weather"
"The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- lay aside, abandon, or leave for another;
"switch to a different brand of beer"
"She switched psychiatrists"
"The car changed lanes"
- change clothes; put on different clothes;
"Change before you go to the opera"
- exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category;
"Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"
"He changed his name"
"convert centimeters into inches"
"convert holdings into shares"
- give to, and receive from, one another;
"Would you change places with me?"
"We have been exchanging letters for a year"
- change from one vehicle or transportation line to another;
"She changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast"
- become deeper in tone;
"His voice began to change when he was 12 years old"
"Her voice deepened when she whispered the password"
- remove or replace the coverings of;
"Father had to learn how to change the baby"
"After each guest we changed the bed linens"
- His perception of the change came in a flash.
- The change in the weather has mucked up our sports timetable.
- This is a tremendous change unparalleled in the history of China and of the world.
- The little boy reached in his pocket and pulled out some change.
- Can you break this one hundred dollar bill and give me some change?
- She had to change her way of life when her baby came on the scene.
- It is very serious and important, Why do you change horses in midstream.
- All our previous ideas are now in the melting-pot; our jobs are bound to change radically.
- If she has once set her face against a thing, nothing will persuade her to change her mind.
What changes they will make nobody knows, but there is something in the air.
A pilot must be awake to changes in the weather.
Many changes have taken place in this village since I lived there.
There will be a change in the weather.
We have to make a change in our plan.
I have noticed a great change in him lately.
He accepted that change might take some time.
He had a great change in attitude after the teacher criticized him.
Please advise me of any change of address.
It will effect no change of importance.
This change of state is a physical and not a chemical one.
The change of a grammatical function of a word more often than not is accompanied by a change of a form.
The college gave advance notice of the change of the date of our sports meeting.
Mary did house-work for two hours and then watched the TV for a change of pace.
My mother was told by the doctor she needed a change of pace.
After a round of rumbas and cha-chas the band, for a nice change of pace, played a fox trot.
I need some change to take the bus.
I have no change on me.
Can you give some change?
The salesman gave him his change.
Times are changing.
The times changed,Buck was still Buck.
Our plan has changed.
The economic situation has changed considerably.
The weather changed suddenly.
Wait a moment, please. I'm going to change.
These bitter experiences had changed him totally.
He changed his horse when he saw the ugly girl.
Have you changed the water?
I have changed my address.
Shall we change seats?
She changed the room by painting the walls green.
I changed my clothes and went downstairs.
These shoes are wet, and I'm going to change them.
Remember to change their medicines in time.
Shall I change the maps on the wall?
I wish to change some pocket money.
He changed trains at Harbin.
He is always changing his plan.
A bird changes direction by dipping one wing and lifting the other.
The strong wind, coming all of a sudden, forced the ship to change its course.
Hadn't we better change the subject?
He changed his subject when I asked about his family.
He hastily changed his subcejt.
You can't change human nature.
Wolves will never change their nature.
The new life changed her mental outlook.
We're sure we can change the looks of our village with our own hands.
I love spring for it changes the face of nature.
This event changed the course of history.
Whatever they do, they cannot change the fact.
It's time you change your course, to follow the old routine will get you nowhere.
I don't understand why he suddenly changed his tune.
He used to criticize the Democrats constantly, but lately he has changed his tune.
They will change their tune when they find out the seriousness of the problem.
At first the man refused to take on the job, but when he realized he could benefit a lot from it, he started to change his tune.
He changed colour when the bad news reached him.
She changed colour when she heard the news.
This house has changed hands twice this year.
During the battle the town changed hands many times.
That shop has changed hands no less than three times during the past five years.
She was utterly changed.
The face of the town will be completely changed before long.
Will you change me five one-yuan notes?
She was a changed girl.
- a change of air
易地疗养,改变环境 different environment or climate
The doctor advises a change of air. 医生建议换换空气。
You need a change of air. 你需要换换空气。
He explained to me that his uncle would be pleased to have a change of air. 他对我解释说,他叔叔很乐意换换空气。
- 易地疗养,改变环境 different environment or climate
- change of heart
改变主意 change in one's feelings (often leading to a change of mind)
I didn't intend to go to the football match because our side has been playing badly, but I had a change of heart and went and cheered for them as usual. 我本来不打算去看足球比赛,因为我们的队一直踢得很糟糕,但后来我改变了主意,结果去了,并同往常一样为他们喝彩。
My uncle wanted to leave Britain for ever, but just before he got onto the aircraft he had a change of heart. 我叔叔本想永远离开英国,但在上飞机之前他又改变了主意。
The changing economic climate as well as public concern have influenced this change of heart. 正在变化的经济形势以及公众的关注对这次改变主意起了很大的影响。
- 改变主意 change in one's feelings (often leading to a change of mind)
- get no change out of
从…得不到帮助、同情等 fail to get help, sympathy, etc. from
There's no point in asking Owen to help with the preparation—you'll get no change out of him! 请求欧文来帮助做准备工作毫无意义——你从他那里得不到帮助的!
- 从…得不到帮助、同情等 fail to get help, sympathy, etc. from
- ring the changes
Alan always goes to the same pub at lunchtimes, but I like to ring the changes and taste a different one occasionally. 艾伦午饭时间总是去同一家酒店,不过我喜欢多样化,时常换换口味。
- 用种种方法说〔做〕 vary
- small change
零钱 low-value coins; pocket money
The trouble with the new pound coins is that you think you've only got a pocketful of small change but in fact it's worth several pounds. 新发行的一英镑硬币给人造成的麻烦是,你以为你只有一口袋的零钱,实际上那值好几英镑。
- 零钱 low-value coins; pocket money
- change back (v.+adv.)
(使)变回 (cause to) return from a changed form to (one's) former state change back from sth
I hope you'll never change back from the person you have recently become.你最近跟过去判若两人,我希望你不要旧态复萌。change back into sth
Can I change back into my jeans now?现在我能换上原来穿的牛仔裤吗?
We changed back into casual wear.我们重新换成便装。
Cats can never change back into kittens.老猫绝不会变成小猫。change back to sth
They changed back to peacetime production.他们又回到了和平时期的生产。change sb/sth back into sth
If you're not careful, the evil magician will change you back into the ugly creature that you used to be.你要是不小心的话,那个邪恶的魔术师又会把你变回你原来的丑模样。
- (使)变回 (cause to) return from a changed form to (one's) former state change back from sth
- change down (v.+adv.)
放慢车速 change to a lower gear in a vehicle change down
The driver changed down quickly.司机迅速换了低挡。
The driver changed down from third to second (gear).驾驶员将车速从第三挡调低到第二挡。
The car changed down just before turning.汽车在将到转弯处时放慢了速度。
You'll have to change down to get up the next hill.开上下一座小山,你得把车速放慢一些。change sth ⇔ down
You'd better change the car down.你最好把车速放慢。
- 放慢车速 change to a lower gear in a vehicle change down
- change for (v.+prep.)
转车去… change trains so as to go further to change for sth
We must change at the next station for Chicago.我们得在下一站换车去芝加哥。
好转〔恶化〕 improve or worsen change for the better〔worse〕
I hope the weather will soon change for the better.我希望天气很快好转。
His fortune has changed for the worse.他的运气越来越糟了。
(把…)换成,(以…)交换 exchange sth for sth change sth for sth
I changed the gourd for a glass bottle.我拿葫芦去换了一支玻璃瓶。
He changed dollars for pounds.他把美元兑换成英镑。
He changed his old bicycle for a new one.他把旧自行车换成了新的。
The boy changed soiled clothes for clean ones.那男孩脱下脏衣服换上干净的。
- 转车去… change trains so as to go further to change for sth
- change from (v.+prep.)
换下衣服 take off (clothes one is wearing)in order to put on others change from sth
I shall have to change from these wet clothes.我得换掉这些湿衣服。change from sb/sth to sb/sth
You'd better change from your light coat to your dark one.你最好把你的浅色衣服换成深色的。
使从…变成 change sth/sb from a state to another change sb/sth from sb/sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
The beggar was changed from a prince.这个乞丐原先是一个王子。change from sb/sth to sb/sth
Water may change from a liquid to a solid.水可以由液体变为固体。
The wind has changed from north to east.北风已转为东风了。change sb/sth from sb/sth to sb/sth
He changed his name from Johnson to Mohammed.他把他的名字约翰逊改为穆罕默德。
The disease changed him from an athlete into an invalid.这疾病将他从一名运动员变为病号。
- 换下衣服 take off (clothes one is wearing)in order to put on others change from sth
- change into (v.+prep.)
换上衣服 change clothes and put on change into sth
You'd better change into some dry clothes.你最好还是换上干衣服。
You must change into a clean dress before we go out.我们出门之前,你应该换件干净的衣服。
It was very hot. I went upstairs and changed into a thinner dress.天气非常闷热,我上楼换一件单薄的衣服。
Just let me change into something informal.就让我穿件随便点的衣服吧。
(使)变为 (cause to) become; (cause to) turn into change into sth
Then he took a piece of bread, and that also changed into gold.接着他拿起了一块面包,面包也变成了金子。
A caterpillar changed into a butterfly.毛虫变成了蝴蝶。
He'd changed into a perfect miser.他已变成了十足的守财奴。
The Genie changed again into smoke.妖怪又变成了烟了。
Ice changes into water rapidly on a hot day.天气炎热的时候,冰很快就化为水。change sb/sth into sb/sth
School has changed the boy into a coward.学校已经把那个男孩变成了懦夫。
The fairy changed the ugly old woman into a frog.仙女把那个丑老婆子变成了一只青蛙。
I'd like to change these U.S. dollars into Renminbi.我想把这些美元兑换成人民币。
Water is a liquid, but we can change it into a solid. We can change it into a gas, too.水是液体,但我们能把它变成固体。我们还能把它变化为气体。用于 be ～ed 结构
The prince was changed into a beggar.王子被变成了乞丐。
Water is changed into steam by heating.水加热变成蒸汽。
- 换上衣服 change clothes and put on change into sth
- change off (v.+adv.)
轮流敲钟 take turns in bell ringing change off
It's time for the ringers to change off.敲钟人该换班了。
- 轮流敲钟 take turns in bell ringing change off
- change over (v.+adv.)
(使)改变,(使)变换 (cause to) make a transfer or conversion; (cause to) convert to a different purpose or system or from use of one method or technique to another change over
The mechanism changes over automatically.这种机械装置能自动切换。
He used to drink tea at breakfast, but he's changed over to coffee.他早餐一向喝茶,但现在改为喝咖啡了。
He wanted to change over to a more suitable job.他想换一个更加适合的工作。
In 1971 Britain changed over to decimal money.1971年,英国的货币单位改成了十进位制。
The industry has just changed over from steam to electricity.这产业刚刚从使用蒸汽改为使用电力。change sth ⇔ over
But you couldn't expect the capitalists to change over their machinery.但是你不可能指望那些资本家会更换他们的机器。
They are prepared to change the plant over to production of precision instruments.他们准备把这个工厂改为生产精密仪器的工厂。
调换 exchange places, activities, roles, etc. change over
Tell me if you get tired of driving and we'll change over.如果你开车累了请告诉我,我们可以调换一下。
Let's change over next term: you teach second-grade English and I'll do the first-grade.下学期咱俩调换一下:你教二年级英语,我教一年级。change sth ⇔ over
If you change the words over, the sentence sounds better.如果你把词调换一下位置,这个句子听起来就更好了。
- (使)改变,(使)变换 (cause to) make a transfer or conversion; (cause to) convert to a different purpose or system or from use of one method or technique to another change over
- change round (v.+adv.)
对换 change positions, change ends
After a certain number of points, the players changed round so that neither could benefit unduly from the wind or the position of the sun. 达到一定比分后,运动员就互换场地,这样双方都不至由于风向和阳光的位置而独得优势。
转换,改变 alter, shift
The wind changed round suddenly last night and brought with it a heavy downpour. 昨晚风向突然转变了,随之而来的是一场瓢泼大雨。
The wind suddenly changed round from west to north, bringing with it the threat of snow. 风向突然由西转北,怕要下雪了。
- 对换 change positions, change ends
- change to (v.+prep.)
变成,换成 cause sth to become sth; make a change to sth change to sb/sth
I think you should change to a new doctor.我认为你应该换个医生再看看。
You can change to a No.3 bus there.你可以在那儿换乘3路公共汽车。
When matter changes to a substance different from what it was, the change is a chemical change.当物质变成和原来不同的物质时,这种变化是化学变化。
I am used to studying with Mr. Jones and therefore prefer not to change to another teacher.我跟琼斯先生学习已经习惯了,所以最好不要换老师。
Wait till the light changes to green!等绿灯亮了再走!
The weather for tomorrow:Clear in the morning, changing to light overcast in the afternoon.明天的天气:上午晴,下午转多云。change sth to sth
I should like to change these pounds to dollars.我想把这些英镑兑成美元。用于 be ～ed 结构
The meeting has been changed to Monday.会议改到星期一举行。
- 变成,换成 cause sth to become sth; make a change to sth change to sb/sth
- change up (v.+adv.)
加快车速 change a car to a higher gear change up
We asked the driver to change up.我们要求司机加快车速。
When you are going fast enough, you'll be able to change up.车开到一定速度就可以挂上高挡。
The driver changed up too soon and the car stalled.司机换挡太快,汽车熄了火。
The driver changed up from third to top.驾驶员将车速从第三挡调到最高挡。
Change up as soon as you can if you want to save petrol.如果你想节省汽油,那就尽早加快车速吧。change sth ⇔ up
Shall I change the car up?要我加快车速吗?
- 加快车速 change a car to a higher gear change up
- change with (v.+prep.)
与…对调 exchange one's whole life places, positions or roles, etc. with sb else change sth with sb
Will you change places with me?I find it too hot in the sun.你能不能和我调换一下位置?我觉得呆在太阳下面太热。
I wouldn't change places with him for anything;I'm happier the way I am.我绝不愿意过他那样的生活,我过这样的生活更幸福。
- 与…对调 exchange one's whole life places, positions or roles, etc. with sb else change sth with sb
- advocate (a) change 提倡改变
- carry out changes 实行变化
- cause (a) change 引起变化
- count one's change 数零钱
- effect a change 产生变化
- get one's change 取零钱
- give a change 进行变更
- have no change 身边无零钱
- keep the change 不用找钱
- make a change 进行变更,带来变动
- oppose (a) change 反对改变
- take one's change 取零钱
- witness (a) change 目睹变化
- amazing changes 惊人的变化
- chemical change 化学变化
- complete change 完全的变化
- earth-shaking changes 翻天覆地的变化
- economic change 经济上的变化
- enormous change 重大的变化
- essential change 基本的改变,实质性的变化
- frequent changes 常见的变化
- great change 巨大的变化
- last-minute change 紧急关头的变化
- little change 几乎无变化
- loose change 零钱
- marked change 显著的变化
- mighty change 大变化
- momentous change 极重要的改变
- natural change 自然的变化
- necessary change 必要的变化
- needed change 必要的改变
- physical change 物理变化
- political change 政局的变化
- quick change 骤变
- rapid change 剧变
- seasonal changes 季节性的变化
- slight change 微小的变化
- small change 零钱
- substantial change 实质性变化
- sweeping change(s) 彻底的变化
- thorough change 彻底的改变
- total change 全部改变
- unexpected changes 未预料到的变化
- violent change 剧烈的变化
- welcome change 可喜的变化
- change for 向…转变
- change for the better 好转
- change from 从…的转变
- change from spring to summer 春到夏的转换
- change from winter to spring 冬去春来
- change in… 的变化
- change in one's world outlook 世界观的转变
- change in social life 社会生活的改变
- change in the situation 形势的改变
- change into 变成…
- change of… 的变化
- change of cars 换车
- change of clothing 替换衣物
- change of diet 饮食的改变
- change of life 更年期
- change of names 名字的改变
- change of residence 住址的改变
- change of seasons 季节的转换
- change of state 状态(的)变化
- change of temperature 气温的变化
- change of the weather 天气的变化
- change of water into steam 水变为蒸汽
- change arms (军队扛枪时)换肩
- change breath 换口味,换喝另一种酒
- change colour 变脸色
- change foot 改变方向〔步骤〕
- change front 改变攻击方向,改变论调
- change hands 易手
- change one's mind 改变主意
- change one's note 改变口气
- change one's tune 改变态度
- change oneself 换衣服
- change places 交换位置
- change side 改变立场
- change greatly 大大地改变
- change suddenly 突然转变
- change down (开车时)换低挡
- change off 轮流做某事
- change over 改变目的〔位置,时间〕
- change up 加速
- change about 改变方向,变节,反复无常
- change at the next station 在下一站换车
- change for 将…兑换成…
- change for dinner 为进晚餐而换上晚礼服
- change for the better 变好,(病情)好转
- change for the worse 变坏,(病情)恶化
- change dollars for pounds 将美元兑换成英镑
- change ten for one 用10个换1个
- change in idea and feelings 思想感情的变化
- change into sb's clothes 换上某人的衣服
- change oneself into 变成,化为
- change the desert into farmland 把沙漠变成了农田
- change to an express 换乘快车
- change to Bus 14 换乘十四路公共汽车
- change the appointment to Monday 将约会时间改在周一
- change with 与…交换
- change with temperature 随温度变化
- change old with new 以新换旧
Do you really see any change in me?出自：R. B. Sheridan
Her health was not good and she needed a change.出自：J. Rhys
He thrives on change, enjoys travel, new foods, [etc.].出自：A. Toffler
You changed your newspaper once and you soon got used to it.出自：G. Greene
She had not changed her clothes.出自：I. Murdoch
Stewie had changed his..Austin Seven for a..Ford V Eight.出自：J. Herriot
- change作“改变”时，是指“换走”，不是指“换来”。表示将旧帽子换新，应说change the old cap(for a new one)。不说change a new cap；
We have to change trains at York.
- 在一些表达方式里，change前面不加a/the，如a change of address，a change of name，a change of scene，a change of subject等；
- change of air指“移地疗养”，前面一般加a，也可不加；
- change作“找回的钱”解时,其前不加冠词,是不可数名词; 作“零钱”解其前加定冠词the,是不可数名词。
- 在a change of air, a change of address, a change of heart等短语中, of后的名词前都不加冠词。
- change可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语,可用于被动结构; 用作不及物动词时,可表示“改变; 换衣; 换车”。
- change宾语后面接介词for,表示“(以…)换…”,动词宾语和介词宾语都为物。接介词into,表示“将…变成…”,动词宾语和介词宾语可为人、物或事。接介词into或to,介词宾语为衣服时表示“换上”; 介词宾语为人、物或事时表示“变成,换成”。接介词with,动词宾语为物(表示物的名词需用复数),介词宾语为人,表示“与某人交换…”。
- change, alter, become, convert, modify, turn, vary
这组词的共同意思是“改变”“变化”。change和alter有时可以互换。例如:Whatever we do, we can't change〔alter〕 the facts.不管我们做什么,我们总不能改变事实。He has changed〔altered〕 a lot since I last saw him.自从上次见面到现在,他变了很多。The weather changes〔alters〕 almost daily.天气差不多天天在变。其区别是：1.change在这几个词中是最普遍、最不正式的一个,可用于任何变化的过程,而不论变化的性质和程度; alter指局部的、表面的、轻微的“改变”“改动”,修改后仍基本上保持原状; alter和convert都指形式和用途上的局部微小改变; turn指彻底改变,以至面目全非,且常用于朝坏的方向改变; modify指限定在一定范围内的修改或修饰,以使之更完美; vary则指事物或其一部分暂时地或反复地变化,从而使事物各部分呈现不同外貌和特点。例如:The plan is O.K. at large, but I suggest it be altered.该计划总的来说是可以的,但我建议做进一步修改。Pressure varies directly with temperature and inversely with volume.压力随温度成正比例变化,与容积成反比例变化。All the bank bill was converted into cash.所有的银行票据都兑换成了现金。Those who were once for him have turned against him.那些原来支持他的人现在转而反对他。The newspaper turned against the president.该报转而攻击总统。After he left the university, he became a teacher, but he later turned to translation.他大学毕业后当了教师,但后来转向翻译工作。2.convert可指改变信仰,尤其是宗教信仰; modify指态度变温和。例如:He has converted from Buddhism to Catholicism.他已放弃佛教改信天主教了。You'd better modify your tone.你最好缓和一下你的口气。He will have to modify his views if he wants to be elected.他如果想当选,就得把观点变得明朗些。
- change alter vary convert modify transform turn
误 The weather has changed better.
正 The weather has changed for the better.
误 He changed his watch for a bicycle.
正 He changed his bicycle for a watch.
析 change的含义是“换去”,其直接宾语表示“换去”的东西,“换来”的要用for sth 表示。
错句：having taken off his clothes,he changed his new shirt.
纠正：having taken off his clothes,he changed into his new shirt.
- ☆ 14世纪初期英进入语，直接源自古法语的changier；最初源自晚期拉丁语的cambire，意为交换，物物交换。
- CHANGE:Center for Health and Gender Equity (Takoma Park, MD)健康和性别平等(Takoma公园,MD)
- CHANGE:Choosing Healthy Activity and Nutrition Goals Everyday选择健康的活动和营养的目标
- CHANGE:Coordinating Heuristic Action for Nationwide Growth and Education协调行动,全国增长启发式教学
- change:change n. 改变, 变化, 转变, 找回的零钱, 找头, 辅币vt. 改变, 变革, 改造, 兑换习惯用语a change of air 改变环境, 迁地疗养a change of base…